Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Autism

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 15 Jul 2014 13:35 #1

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854


In the past there have been numerous theories for the cause(s) of neurodiversity conditions like Autism, Asperger's syndrome, ADD/ADHD, OCD, Social phobia, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Tourette and Dyspraxia. Most of these theories can at best explain small parts of these diverse syndromes. Many of them extend their findings in spectacular ways to be able to claim to explain larger parts of neurodiversity with little success.

This theory approaches the problem from a new radical viewpoint. Instead of approaching neurodiversity conditions as disorders, brain defects or the result of poor socialization or parenting, it claims that neurodiversity is fully functional human variation.

All the areas that are central to neurodiversity are related to species-typical adaptations that vary widely between species. These include nonverbal signals, social organization, sensory acuteness, perception, motor skills, general preferences, sexuality, courtship, physical traits and biological adaptations. Some of this diversity is poorly understood and virtually unresearched and therefore is not published in peer-reviewed journals. Because of this lack of research, Aspie Quiz, an online questionnary, is heavily referenced for these traits.

Recent genetic research have demonstrated that Neanderthals contributed at least 1-4% to the non-African genome. Aspie Quiz have demonstrated in a large survey in the US population that Afroamericans have only 1/6 of the autism incidence of non-African groups.

Principal Component Analysis (PCA) of Aspie Quiz yields axes that seems to be related to the first Eurasian Homo, the formation of modern humans in Africa or South Asia and the hybridization between modern humans and Neanderthals in Eurasia. In Caucasians, these axises seems to be 1.8 million years, 150,000 years and 33,000 years. In Asians, they seem to be 1.8 million years, 130,000 years and 44,000 years
more 'ere www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm


Topological theory of Autism.

Every population has a surface, however diffuse. This fact of topology firmly drives brain evolution. Autism in particular is primarily the result of adaptation to the inevitable sparseness of population outer regions. This yields not only autism, but an autism spectrum. It also gives rise to the great variety of autistic forms and genes. These conclusions sharply limit the possible clarity of autism diagnosis and preclude any simplistic “silver-bullet” response to the rigors of autism. The theory accounts for the observed correlation of autism and gender, and predicts a correlation with latitude of ancestral homeland. Autism emerges as a major feature of brain evolution: It is generally not a disease. Autism has been with humans as long as humans have been and has marked human history.
more 'ere autismtheory.org/topotheory.html


Aspie Hunting
Ordinary hunting is usually a group activity. Part of the tactic is to scare animals out of their hiding places so strategically placed hunters can throw spears at them (or use fire-arms in the modern variant), wound them, and ultimately, kill them from a distance. This type of hunting Aspie huntiing

is erratic in nature, and usually has rather poor outcome and has to be carried out many times before it is successful. Many of today’s sport games resemble such hunting, especially team-sports.

The Aspie hunting group has caused lots of confusion among people that do Aspie-quiz. This is probably because hunting is usually associated with guns, throwing spears and killing animals at a distance. The questions in this category in Aspie-quiz give no associations at all to this kind of hunting.

So what then is Aspie hunting? The history behind the traits is pretty long. The habitat traits (like liking slowly flowing water) were introduced very early in the evolution of Aspie-quiz, but at that time was not thought to be hunting traits. The main traits, however, are more recent, and were used to evaluate Valerius Geist’s Neanderthal paradigm.

Geist’s Neanderthal paradigm was published in the 1970s and was a novel way to solve several mysteries about Neanderthal tools and why they selected the prey species they did. A central observation by Geist was that all prey species had fur. He therefore presumed that Neanderthal’s had used this property of their prey in their hunting tactics. The Mousterian tool-kit also seem to lack throwing spears, and instead contains larger tools that seems to work a lot better as stabbing spears. The rodeo-like injuries of Neanderthal are also largely unexplained by proponents that like to think that Neanderthals must have been hunting in the same manner as us, only less successfully, and with cruder weapons.

While Valerius Geists hypothesis goes a long way at explaining the archeology, it says little about the psychology and specific adaptations of Neanderthal. These aspects were researched in Aspie-quiz to try to confirm (or disprove) Geists hypothesis. There were a lot of predictions from the hypothesis that could be tested.

The following traits were predictions (listed with their predicted function) that were highly successful (correlated well with Aspie score and each others):
◾Walking on toes - related to sneaking
◾Enjoying spinning in circles - related to an animal trying to get rid of the hunter
◾Enjoying hanging upside-down – yet another way to stay on the animal
◾Having an urge to jump over things – related to jumping up on top of an animal
◾Enjoying digging - related to hiding a large kill
◾Mimicking animal sounds - a way of tricking an animal
◾Enjoying throwing small things – another way of tricking an animal that the hunter is somewhere else
◾Sniffing people or things – related to tracking
◾Enjoying chasing animals or people – close encounter hunting
◾Enjoying biting (people) – a paralysing tactic that Geist proposes
◾Enjoying making traps – this is an obvious addition to Geist’s hypothesis

A few of the physical traits got no relevance to being Aspie, but still correlated with Aspie hunting. Typically, these traits are believed to be part of the motor problems of Aspies, and thus have an inherit bias against them:
◾Being good at climbing
◾Strong grip
◾Strong hands

Some other traits also related to Aspie-hunting
◾Being fearless in dangerous situations
◾Highly variable activity level
◾Naturally communicating feelings with animals

It is notable that perception issues correlate closely to Aspie hunting. The relation here seems to be obvious. Highly sensitive senses is important for passive hunting, especially hearing (sounds that animals make), tactile (vibrations that animals make) and smell (tracking an animal). Acute vision and detail perception are also related to finding signs of an animal that are not required with the usual hunting method that favors getting an whole picture of the environment. These things also extend to paranormal experience.

Additionally, many stims (Aspie-quiz defines these as Aspie communication) are related to Aspie hunting. For instance, spinning in circles, walking on toes and mimicking animal sounds could be characterized as both stims and hunting-related traits. The relation here is probably that Neanderthals adapted their nonverbal communication to their prey animals, and thus gained increased hunting success by being able to better understand their prey. This is also why Aspies today say they can both naturally interpret animals and cannot naturally interpret neurotypical humans. The communication traits are based on a difference, not an absence. There are also nonverbal communication traits that seems to be shared among Aspies, and that can be used to identify Aspies.

The habitat traits (that correlate with the pure hunting adaptations are these):
◾Liking slowly flowing water
◾Liking mist or fog
◾Enjoying woods

From these we can presume that Neanderthals probably selected their ambush places near water. The like for mist and fog could be a hunting preference, or it could be an adaptation to living near glacials, which would produce mist / fog. We can also presume that Neanderthals hunted in forrests, not in open environments. Their tactic would be far more successful in a forrest than on the open plain, and similarily, the modern hunting tactic is more successful in a relatively open terrain.

Other types of traits can also be associated with Aspie hunting. For instance, it is not a long-shot to propose that special interests and the splinter-skills of Savants are related to passive hunting. Passive hunting requires lots of creative talents and persistence for success. Obsessions can also easily be entered into the equation. Once a hunter has found a successful way to bring down a prey, he/she is likely to keep to it, and only modify it slightly to make it more successful. The erratic methods of modern human hunting do not lend themselves to doing things in the same way, and thus such obsessions are absent in neurotypicals. Neurotypical people instead have people obsessions, as these are central for group-hunting.

In sumary, understanding Aspie/Neanderthal hunting seems to be central for understanding most parts of the autistic spectrum.
blog.rdos.net/?p=61


Neanderthal interbreeding


So the first draft of the Neanderthal genome has now been published (www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/328/5979/710). The authors found that Neanderthals contributed 1-4% to the genomes of non-Africans. They use SNPs and five full genomes from different ethnic groups to arrive at this conclusion. Aspie-quiz has also found that all non-Africans have similar levels of Aspie-traits, while people of African descent have much lower levels of Aspie-traits (1/6th for African-Americans), and might even totally lack these traits when unmixed with non-Africans.

The study claims that admixture most likely occured in Middle East, but this is not supported by Aspie-quiz. Aspie-quiz instead seems to indicate that East Asians mixed with Neanderthal before Europeans. Aspie-quiz also give native American Indians the highest scores of any population, and thus it seems like they have the largest Aspie rate in the world. South Asians are lower than Europeans and East Asians. There is a cline in Eurasia where the north has much higher Aspie-rates than the south. This could be compatible with interbreeding in the Middle East, and later African migration into south Asia, but it matches the “southern migration route” of modern humans far better. Under this scenario, Africans and south Asians are largely devoid of primary interbreeding with Neanderthal. Interbreeding started in Central Asia, and this population then split into a western part that ended up in Europe and formed Caucasians, and an eastern part that ended up in East Asia and formed Mongoloids and Native Americans. Native Americans then got isolated from further gene-flow from South Asia, and thus today has the world’s highest level of Neanderthal ancestry.

The 1-4% of Neanderthal ancestry probably refers to neurotypicals only. Typical Aspie scores for neurotypical people are around 40-50. Typical Aspie scores for Aspies are three times larger. We would therefore assume that Aspies perhaps has 5-15% of Neanderthal ancestry using this as an indication. OTOH, if we assume that 1-4% is the average Neanderthal ancestry in Eurasia, and that all of this is attributable to Aspie traits, and the proportion of Aspie traits is around 10%, it would mean that Aspie traits have 10-40% of Neanderthal ancestry.

Another recently published article on the same theme came to similar conclusions (www.nature.com/news/2010/100420/full/news.2010.194.html). Although, here the authors see two different hybridization events. This scenario in fact is supported in Aspie-quiz. Not only is there a signature of Neanderthal interbreeding leading to the introduction of the Aspie-traits, but there is also a signature of the introduction of “neurotypical compulsion” traits that essentially describes modern humans.

To resolve these issues there is a need to sequence full genomes of Aspies

blog.rdos.net/?p=63


Here's my Aspie quiz result, it's not a diagnostic tool it's a research tool. Though I have been diagnosed with it.



Here is a link to the test, as I say it's not for diagnosing. Paste up your results as you wish.... :P

www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

You don't need to log in or register to do the quiz. They're trying to establish differences in populations etc... and possible links to ancestry, I think it's to create a map of the neurological diversity that occurs in certain areas of the planet and links it to primate behaviour, perspectives etc...

:P

PS I think the aspie quiz here is version3, the hunting element was on an earlier version, so it might need registration to find that version.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 15 Jul 2014 14:25 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 15 Jul 2014 14:22 #2

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18938
  • Likes received: 8925
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 45 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 167 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical



So i aint an aspie... but the jurys still out on how retarded i am. :wissl: :hahano:


Mimicking animal sounds - a way of tricking an animal

What about this guy....

I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 15 Jul 2014 14:26 by novum.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frothy

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 15 Jul 2014 14:31 #3

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
Seems 'bout normal to nov
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 15 Jul 2014 15:14 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 15 Jul 2014 14:37 #4

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18938
  • Likes received: 8925
Blue_Tackler wrote:
Seems 'bout normal to nov

Dont feel so normal. :D




The important question is, who here can count cards? :wissl:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 15 Jul 2014 14:55 #5

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
novum wrote:
Blue_Tackler wrote:
Seems 'bout normal to nov

Dont feel so normal. :D



The important question is, who here can count cards? :wissl:


I think he can.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 15 Jul 2014 15:12 #6

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
I saw this where he learned Icelandic in a week.



:dunno:
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 16 Jul 2014 10:37 #7

  • oz93666
  • oz93666's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
  • Posts: 151
  • Likes received: 54
There is no question in my mind where autism and the other 'diseases' asperger's ADH and the rest come from.
Many researchers have shown it's a mercury compound thimerosal ...www.naturalnews.com/011764_thimerosal_mercury.html... this is added to vaccines by TPTB to lower IQ, but if the victim is overly sensitive or gets too many vaccinations, then autism results or ADH, or any number of 'syndromes' , which are all basically different levels of brain damage resulting from this mercury compound.
Autism and the rest were unknown until vaccination started, and the number of cases has steadily risen till now Autism is around 1 in 60 children.
There is an Amish community in the US , 200,000 people who do not take vaccines . They have ZERO autism.
The fact that the TPTB have got their bought and paid for scientist to come out with this diversionary nonsense about Neanderthals shows they are aware people are waking up to this, and are desperate to keep us taking the vaccines.
Last Edit: 16 Jul 2014 10:39 by oz93666.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 16 Jul 2014 10:46 #8

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 18938
  • Likes received: 8925
At least we know you arent winegums. :chuckle:

A few more posts like that and one of the Glaxo-Smith-Kliners will be along shortly. :wissl:

I think ADHD could be, at least in part, a diagnosis that exists because of our modern times. Not all young men / boys in the past sat in classrooms and were then diagnosed with things because they didnt want to listen to teachers for hours on end or learn mathematics etc. Im getting a bit specific there but its one example.

Point is that different people have different traits... but now people are kind of forced into this homogenization from an early age... the result of this is that people who dont conform to that must have something 'wrong' with them.

I think THC and shrooms can help with autism and aspergers when peeps become young adults but my 'theories' ( more than theories from my POV) are a bit out there . :wissl:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 16 Jul 2014 21:06 #9

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
oz93666 wrote:
There is no question in my mind where autism and the other 'diseases' asperger's ADH and the rest come from.
Many researchers have shown it's a mercury compound thimerosal ...www.naturalnews.com/011764_thimerosal_mercury.html... this is added to vaccines by TPTB to lower IQ, but if the victim is overly sensitive or gets too many vaccinations, then autism results or ADH, or any number of 'syndromes' , which are all basically different levels of brain damage resulting from this mercury compound.
Autism and the rest were unknown until vaccination started, and the number of cases has steadily risen till now Autism is around 1 in 60 children.
There is an Amish community in the US , 200,000 people who do not take vaccines . They have ZERO autism.
The fact that the TPTB have got their bought and paid for scientist to come out with this diversionary nonsense about Neanderthals shows they are aware people are waking up to this, and are desperate to keep us taking the vaccines.

Ok, I've been through all this before so have the evidence ready to counter your mind, as in you having 'no question in' it.

Firstly look at this fact regarding vaccines.

A study was done in Finland where about 1.8 million children were tracked for 14 years after having the MMR. NO cases of autism were reported. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1173183/

Secondly...

Are you aware that autism has existed longer than the vaccines that are blamed for causing it?
Paul Eugen Bleuler (April 30, 1857 – July 15, 1939) a Swiss psychiatrist, was a pioneer in the treatment of psychoses, particularly schizophrenia. He is responsible for changing medical opinion from one of resignation to such diseases as organic and irreversible, to psychologically based and potentially treatable, at least to some extent. He is credited with the introduction of several important terms: “schizophrenia,” "ambivalence," (significant in psychoanalytic theory), and "autism


www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Eugen_Bleuler

A licensed vaccine to prevent measles first became available in 1963, an improved measles vaccine in 1968. Vaccines for the mumps and rubella (German measles) became available in 1967 and 1969, respectively. The three vaccines (for mumps, measles, and rubella) were combined in 1971 to become the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine.[2]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine

Thirdly,,,,
Let's see what the autism community say....



Reply with quote


Missing option ... I never had the MMR vaccine - I was an adult when it was introduced.

I have had both measles and mumps - the latter before I reached puberty, fortunately.

I have never had either rubella or rubella vaccination, as far as I can remember.

I was born in the 1950s. I suspect one of my siblings is on the spectrum too. Neither of us had MMR vaccine. We just got sick in those days.


....................................


In New Zealand, I got it some time in primary school, probably 8-10? I'd already had rubella, and was definitely already set in my aspie ways.


.....................................


I don't recall getting the measles, but definitely the mumps. No MMR for me.



................................

sorry, no MMR when I was a child


.............................


Reply with quote


I got mine before 16 months. I had the measles when I was 10 months old, so I had to get my shot. I was autistic since I was conceived, so it didn't make much of a difference
...............................................


Reply with quote


Looks like not many people got autism from the vaccine. Good.

We hear all about children that become autistic around the time of the vaccine but not about those who 1) showed autistic signs before or 2) never got the vaccine
.............................................


Reply with quote

Reply with quote


I want to see once and for all just how common it is for people on the autism spectrum to have autism and not have the vaccine around the time their symptoms started to show.
For the record you could call me pro-vaccine.
I got the MMR when I was five years old along with my siblings because the school wouldn't allow us in without having them done.
My mother said I started to show signs of autism at around 18 months old. She said I was a normal happy baby before then. Yeah..thanks mum

...............................................

Sorry, I skewed your results because you don't have an after 5 before teens option.

Tenzin has autism but wasn't vaccinated as a baby. He's only had the DTaP so far. I plan to have the MMR done but wanted
to wait until he was older because he has a lot of immune system issues
www.wrongplanet.net/postt151167.html


If you'd like a debate on the authenticity of Dr Wakefield's 'investigations' I'm happy to engage you.

BTW here's something about ADHD as you brought it up (as ADH). medium.com/@oneiriccanid/mad-as-hell-adhd-and-the-media-cd8e71619485

I suggest you begin to doubt what's in your mind, especially if it's received input @ Ickeshire.
:)
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 16 Jul 2014 23:33 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 16 Jul 2014 21:10 #10

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
novum wrote:
At least we know you arent winegums. :chuckle:

A few more posts like that and one of the Glaxo-Smith-Kliners will be along shortly. :wissl:

I think ADHD could be, at least in part, a diagnosis that exists because of our modern times. Not all young men / boys in the past sat in classrooms and were then diagnosed with things because they didnt want to listen to teachers for hours on end or learn mathematics etc. Im getting a bit specific there but its one example.

Point is that different people have different traits... but now people are kind of forced into this homogenization from an early age... the result of this is that people who dont conform to that must have something 'wrong' with them.

I think THC and shrooms can help with autism and aspergers when peeps become young adults but my 'theories' ( more than theories from my POV) are a bit out there . :wissl:

A coupe of interesting reads Nov.

Complaint to Chief Whip re Mr Graham Allen MP & ADHD ‘not a real disease’
aadduk.org/

And

Attention to a long Winding Road
Scottish-born physician and author (1763-1856) Already In 1798 Sir Alexander Crichton described a mental state with al the essential features of the inattentive subtype of ADHD, the restlessness, problems with attention, the early onset and how it can affect the ability to perform in school. In the chapter of Attention in his book: An inquiry into the nature and origin of mental derangement: comprehending a concise system of the physiology and pathology of the human mind and a history of the passions and their effects – Crichton described a “mental restlessness” and: “The incapacity of attending with a necessary degree of constancy to any one object, almost always arises from an unnatural or morbid sensibility of the nerves, by which means this faculty is incessantly withdrawn from one impression to another.” It may be either born with a person or it may be the effect of accidental diseases “When born with a person it becomes evident at a very early period of life, and has a very bad effect, inasmuch as it renders him incapable of attending with constancy to any one object of education. But it seldom is in so great a degree as totally to impede all instruction; and what is very fortunate, it is generally diminished with age.
More adhdhistory.com/the-history-of-adhd-part-1-1798/
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 17 Jul 2014 05:09 #11

  • oz93666
  • oz93666's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
  • Posts: 151
  • Likes received: 54
Blue_Tackler wrote:
A study was done in Finland where about 1.8 million children were tracked for 14 years after having the MMR. NO cases of autism were reported. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1173183/

We must be very suspicious of any government or industry funded 'studies'.
As we learnt from the global warming scam SOME scientists will falsify anything to keep collecting their pay check.
This is a multi billion dollar industry, off course they will have bogus research out there.
This is a case where we need to take guidance from Alex Jones. Why him ? what makes him an expert? He works at this sort of stuff full time He broadcasts five hours a day six days a week, for over a decade. He has spent hundreds of hours interviewing parents who's kids become autistic after receiving the third round of shots, interviewing doctors who have given up their careers to speak out, insiders who know whats going on , alternative therapists who treat autism by de-toxing the mercury out of children. He's checked and double checked it all, and he is convinced ,not only they're using thimerosal to reduce IQ but other things can be in vaccines, time delayed cancer causing viruses , nano teck . Also, in Germany it came out the government gets 'clean' thimerosal free vaccines! There is so much evidence, but you won't find it in mainstream.
This is a main Illuminati strategy to dumb us down reduce IQ.... just the same as fluoride, there too they funded bogus research to prove it helps teeth , all lies.
So I would suggest, before you take on board information you ask " who's funding this research?".
The people telling the truth are independent , like the health ranger, and honorable doctors. Why would a doctor speak out, knowing he will be persecuted and thrown out of his profession, he wouldn't speak out unless 100% sure. Many doctors know the truth , but don't want to admit they've been used by big pharma in this nightmare, they don't want to lose their job , so they pretend it isn't happening.
Also look at who's funding big third world vaccination programs, people like Bill Gates! His father is a top eugenicist ( want's to kill most of us) . Bills vaccination campaigns on record kill and destroy the health of thousands, It's all admitted , but they call it a mistake, just google it, you won't find it in main stream media.




)[/quote]
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 17 Jul 2014 13:10 #12

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
So you're taking your lead from infowars.

Let's just get this straight, all this 'vaccine = autism' was investigated by Dr Wakefield.

Alex Jones only read reports and investigates reports, he is not an autism expert, neither is Dr Wakefield.

It does not matter in this instance about Bill Gates and his vaccine activity.

This is what always occurs with the vaccine = autism brigade, they stray from the actual point when challenged.

I'm not stating anything about vaccines in general, I don't approve of how pharmaceutical companies have such an influence over politics (mainly in the USA).
You have no disagreement or debate from me there....
What I will debate is that Dr Wakefield's evidence and other evidence or speculation is made under false pretence. In relation to Autism and MMR.

This is what is known about Dr Wakefield and his poor medical practice and cherry picked subjective evidence.
CLAIM 8

MMR vaccine causes autism

FACT:

Autism is a developmental disorder which classically presents in the second year of life. On average, parents report initial concerns about their children and autism at around 14 months to 20 months of age. MMR vaccine is typically given in the UK in the second year of life. As a result some parents will see signs of autism present in their child in the weeks and months before MMR is given; and others will see them present in the weeks and months after MMR is given. Parents who see such a change in their child will often link the change to an ‘unusual’ event (for example, at one time it was thought that a second child born within two years was a contributory factor to the development of autism in the first child). Some parents whose children present with autism after MMR understandably link the two events.

Autism reporting has increased since the introduction of MMR immunisation, but this is not scientific evidence that one is caused by the other. The Public Health Laboratory Service, the Communicable Diseases Surveillance Centre and Royal Free Hospital Community Paediatricians carried out a study to investigate whether MMR may be causally associated with autism.26 The clinical records of 498 autistic children were linked to vaccination histories and analysed for evidence of clustering of onsets in a defined post-vaccination period. The study found that there was no increased onset of autism following MMR vaccination, relative to the rate of onset of autism in children of the same age, and that the age at diagnosis of autism by 18 months did not vary by MMR vaccination status. The authors also examined the recent rise in diagnosed cases of autism and found that the rise appeared to start for children born from around 1978 onwards, before introduction of MMR vaccine in 1988, and continued while vaccine uptake was constant. The authors therefore concluded that, there isn’t even a statistical link let alone a biological link between MMR immunisation and autism.

Dr Wakefield disagreed with this conclusion because older children were also offered MMR vaccination, in a catch-up campaign or as a booster dose. However, when such children were identified, onset of parental concern tended to pre-date vaccination and no association was found. The PHLS, CDSC and Royal Free Hospital Community Paediatricians’ research conclusion therefore remains valid: "our analyses do not support a causal association between MMR vaccine and autism. If such an association occurs, it is so rare that it could not be identified in this large regional sample".

Dr Wakefield still criticised this study because it didn’t look at children who received MMR immunisation at any age and developed autism at any time after immunisation. So the researchers went back and did another study to answer this question. The results of this study showed no increased risk of autism after MMR immunisation, whether given as primary immunisation, as a booster dose or as part of a catch-up exercise shortly after MMR immunisation was introduced in 1988.27

In Finland, side effects after MMR immunisation were recorded after MMR vaccine was introduced in that country in 1982.28 Those children who had had MMR vaccine and had reported symptoms of bowel disease were traced in 1998 to find out how many had autism. Reports of bowel symptoms lasting over 24 hours were received from 31 children, out of three million doses administered. None of these children developed autistic spectrum disorder.

The latest information from the MMR follow-up programme for side effects of MMR vaccine in Finland failed to identify any reports of autism in Finnish children, receiving between them almost 3 million doses of MMR vaccine.29 If there is a link between MMR vaccine and autism one would expect at least some case of autism to surface in Finland, yet there was none.

Two recently published studies help to show that the MMR-autism link is false. Researchers from London studied a group of nearly 500 children with either core or atypical autism and born between 1979 and 1998 to see if the proportion with bowel disorders increased after MMR vaccine was introduced in 1988.30 If Dr Wakefield’s theory about MMR vaccine bowel disorder and autism is true then you would expect to find an increase in this percentage over the 20 year period, yet there was not. The research also showed that the percentage of children with bowel problems or signs of developmental regression who got MMR vaccine before their parents became concerned about these signs was the same as for those who were immunised after their parents became concerned or who didn’t have MMR vaccine at all. Again, a difference would be expected according to Dr Wakefield’s theory, but was not seen.

The other research also comes from London. It was carried out on 262 children with autism and looked at the age at which parents became concerned about their children’s behaviour in relation to MMR immunisation.31 It showed that on average parents became concerned when their children were about 19 months old. This was the same for those who had had MMR vaccine and those who had not. Also there was no difference between the rates of developmental regression for children who did or did not have MMR vaccine. If MMR vaccine had anything to do the autism or developmental regression in children there would be a difference, yet there was not.

www.thpc.scot.nhs.uk/Health_P.../MMR/facts.htm
Dr Andrew Wakefield was struck off not for stating what he believes to be a FACT but for being involved in legal litigation cases where he was supporting some parents who had concerns about MMR & Autism at the same time as he was carrying out his 'research' thus the research is subjective to the litigation cases that he was supporting and not an objective study.
''The Panel has already found proved that Dr Wakefield’s Honorary Consultant
appointment was subject to a stipulation that he would not have any
involvement in the clinical management of patients. On five occasions (child 2,
4, 5, 12 and 7) he ordered investigations on children, when he had no
paediatric qualifications, and in contravention of the limitations on his
appointment. The Panel considered this alone constituted a breach of trust
of patients and employers alike.


In February 1996 Dr Wakefield agreed to act as an expert in respect of MMR litigation. In relation to the Legal Aid Board (LAB), the Panel found that Dr Wakefield accepted monies totalling £50,000 procured through Mr Barr, the Claimants’ solicitor to pursue research. A costing proposal had been submitted by Mr Barr to the LAB containing detailed information provided by Dr Wakefield, and Dr Wakefield ought to have realised that Mr Barr would submit it to the LAB.

briandeer.com/solved/gmc-wakefield-sentence.pdf

It's the msm pumping the Wakefield story more so than AJ.
''‪Wakefield defends his autism vaccine research‬ on CNN, January 2011
Dr Andrew Jeremy Wakefield (born 1957) is former British medical researcher and surgeon who suggested in 1998 that the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) combined vaccine might be linked to inflammatory bowel disorders and play a role in an increased risk of autism.[1] As the lead author of a peer-reviewed paper published in the respected medical journal The Lancet, his controversial claims sparked high-profile media coverage over the next decade, including campaigns by the Daily Mail, Telegraph and Private Eye questioning the safety of the UK government’s chosen vaccine. Public confidence in the MMR jab plummeted, resulting in a sharp fall in uptake[2] and a reported rise in measles cases among children''

www.powerbase.info/index.php/Andrew_Wakefield


So what Dr Wakefield was doing was working on litigation cases and taking money 'covertly' from the lawyers in the cases, he only looked subjectively for the evidence to back up their cases whilst not objectively investigating all the evidence.
He carried out intrusive procedure including lumber puncture investigations, where no such illness was present to warrant such procedures.
With the facts against them Dr. Wakefield’s supporters appeal to emotion

I should stop being shocked and amazed at how little groups like the Age of Autism blog think of their readership. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but it is pretty clear that they expect us all to just read what they have to say and never go to the original sources and think for ourselves.

Case in point, the GMC hearing on Dr. Andrew Wakefield. Dr. Wakefield was guilty of ethical violations in the treatment of his disabled patients. Not once, not twice but many many times. But you wouldn’t know that to read some of the reports on the blogs and even a couple in newspapers.

We have the NAA SafeMinds and TACA telling us all about how bad this ruling is. We have been told that there was “false testimony”.

OK, take a look at the actual charges. Just for a moment. Here are a few examples

1) Dr. Wakefield took money from the Legal Aid Board (LAB) for procedures paid by the NHS. He then diverted some of the LAB money to other projects.

2) Dr. Wakefield got ethical permission to do his study in December 1996, only on patients enrolled after that date. However, he had already started research on children. Here are two examples:

Child 2 had an MRI, colonoscopy and lumbar puncture in September of 1996.

Child 1 was also a research subject without ethical approval. Tests were performed which were not in the clinical interests of the child.

3) For people who promote the myth that “the only thing he did was start early”, note that Dr. Wakefield’s team did invasive tests that were not called for. For example:

Child 3 was also a research subject without ethical approval, having started before the approval. He underwent a lumbar puncture even though: “The Panel has taken into account the fact that there is no evidence in Child 3’s clinical notes to indicate that a lumbar puncture was required.”

Was this the result of some “false testimony? According to the GMC ruling, experts on both sides stated that the lumbar puncture was not clinically indicated.


Experts on both sides, Professor Rutter and Dr Thomas both considered that such a test was not clinically indicated.

Dr. Thomas is not accused by the defenders of Wakefield as “giving false testimony”.

The above are only a few of the examples of clear misconduct on the part of Dr. Wakefield.

How many times must a man be found guilty of not doing what was in his patients’ clinical interests before we are allowed to consider him as, well, someone who doesn’t always put his patient’s clinical interests first?

Kim Stagliano has taken to the Huffington Post with “The Censorship of Autism Treatment“. No mention of the actual charges. No mention of the fact that Andrew Wakefield was guilty. No mention of the fact that Andrew Wakefield’s research efforts for the past 12 years have centered on repairing his own damaged reputation, not on autism treatment.

Can you find a single mention of the word “ethics” in her post? How about any comment about the actual charges levied against Dr. Wakefield?

You know you are in trouble just with the title from this story: MMR doc’s just guilty of caring . At least that article makes one clear statement:


It [the GMC ruling] focused on the methods of research used, some of which were undoubtedly questionable, but which were performed in the name of finding solace for desperate parents convinced their children had changed for ever following their one-size-fits-all MMR injection.

Yes, you can be unethical if you are “finding solace for desperate parents”.

A blog post by the National Autism Association stated:


“Many parents of children with autism view the GMC investigation as little more than character assassination of a physician brave enough to investigate controversial issues”

Well, not this parent. Anyone who paints the GMC investigation as “character assassination” didn’t read the ruling. Seriously, trying to dismiss this fact-filled ruling as “character assassination” is just plain bizarre.

another post comments, discussing the work Dr. Wakefield’s team performed on his study subjects:


the procedures involved were routine

and


No children were harmed and no parent or guardian has complained about the care these three men provided.

Lumbar punctures are hardly “routine”. Further, there is no reason to do them if not clinically indicated. Colonoscopies are not routine, especially in patients whose symptoms don’t warrant them. Say, as in Child 1.

One child suffered a perforated bowel (in 12 places!). His family won a lawsuit against the Royal Free hospital.


High Court papers alleged that the colonoscopy procedure performed on Jack in 1998 was ‘not clinically indicated or justified’. They also claimed the ‘principal reason’ for the surgery was to further research into links between autism and bowel conditions rather than Jack’s clinical needs.

How does that not count as not “harmed”? Is it because he wasn’t one of the original 12 from the study in The Lancet?

The behavior of the Wakefield supporters is totally predictable. They have no science. They have no first (or second) tier researchers. They rely heavily on Dr. Wakefield. Who else has the perceived stature of Dr. Wakefield for them? When Brian Deer broke the story that Dr. Wakefield may have “fixed” data in his study last year, there was an immediate reaction from the Wakefield supporters: give him faux awards! Make him the keynote speaker at their conventions!

For the past year the message has been “Dr. Wakefield has not been discredited”. They’ve lost that now.

We’ve been warned that they are bringing out their big guns. Yes, David Kirby will blog about this on the Huffington Post. With apologies to Mr. Kirby, but when he’s their “ace in the hole”, you know they don’t have much.


As I finished this, David Kirby came up with his post: “The Lancet Retraction Changes Nothing”. Joining in the style of the times, Mr. Kirby also ignores the actual GMC ruling. Nothing that actually defends Dr. Wakefield against the real charges.

Seriously, go read for yourself. It’s David Kirby with his usual talking points and straw men.

I hope David Kirby is wrong. I hope that things have changed. I hope that the future is a world where the loudest voices in the autism communities fight for a better life for autistics, rather than for a political goal of recognition for bad science, badly done.

I hope.
leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/201...al-to-emotion/


If your argument is now going to be, the NHS or the medical board and such researchers into autism can not be trusted but Alex Jones will give us the real facts, I'd just think about where Alex Jones goes to get his facts from, and how objective they are.

It's quite interesting that Dr Wakefield has not helped, treated or done anything to help autistic people, all he was interested in was providing supporting evidence for litigation cases. Since then he spends all his time and energy attempting to clear his name.
The problem he has is that he was wrong.
Dr Wakefield is not a qualified paediatrician nor an expert on Autism.
In fact he was working outside of his medical licence during his 'investigations'.

Fact is nobody can say for certain what causes autism, but there is certainly no proof it's caused by MMR as explained in my previous post to yours. :roll:
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2014 13:57 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 17 Jul 2014 15:41 #13

  • Frog
  • Frog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
  • Posts: 2072
  • Likes received: 1701
@BT,

Your ramblings about Andrew Wakefield is filled with disinformation, fallacies which are seriously out of date. A fundamental part of the case against Andrew and his team was built upon the nature and scientific value of the research. One of the lead researchers was Professor John Walker-Smith who's reputation and professional conduct was also damaged by the misconduct case. He has successfully challenged the findings against him and his research and cleared his name of any wrong doings or misconduct! Which would suggest that the results of his findings were and remain valid! Which in turn reflects on the position and findings of Andrew Wakefield and the false claims against him. Professor Simon Murch was also cleared of the misconduct charges against him.

You would also need to bear in mind that the charges against Wakefield were levied by Tony Blair's government possibly one of the most overtly corrupt and dishonest regimes this country has ever been governed by. This is the government that went to war on a lie, covered up the murder of Dr David Kelly, Ian Thomlinson's assault and death at the G20 demonstration. Tony Blair had been found guilty of cottaging and was instrumental in protecting senior political figures caught up in the paedophile investigation operation ore. Tony and Cherie Blair wouldn't publicly state whether or not their child had received the MMR while the rest of the nation were being given no choice of single rather than multiple vaccines to their children.

The government had indemnified the drug companies producing the MMR vaccines so the government has a vested interest in preventing any associations between MMR and causes of other side effects such as Autism etc.

I think it's safe to say that Tony Blair, his government ministers and department heads within the civil service were not strangers to controversy, criminal activity and cover ups or committing crimes against humanity. I don't think the same could be said of Andrew Wakefield and his team. ;)

Your other argument about the existence of Autism and associated conditions being present prior to the introduction of vaccines and the MMR is highly questionable. The major point that is not highlighted in that argument is the percentage of sufferers with in the population at large. Yes you can cry that the methods and processes of detecting such conditions have changed over the years, but the fact is there were far fewer children displaying Autistic behavioural traits in the past. People in school through the 70's and early 80's didn't share classes where huge percentages of their class mates were diagnosed Autistic. And virtually non displayed autistic behaviour...maybe half a dozen in an annual intake of 1700 pupal's would display moderate autistic behaviour traits. Back in those days children/teens were described as delinquent or disruptive not autistic and medicated class mates were virtually unheard of unless they had asthma. That's also anecdotal evidence based on my experience. I'm pretty sure other people who attended school at that time would report similar first hand experiences.

Do you have access to empirical evidence and studies that provide statistical information about the levels of autism present within the population over decades which includes data pre and post the introduction of Vaccines through to present, including the introduction of the MMR? If not then that straw poll from a few people posting their personal experience is no more valid than my previous anecdotal evidence above.

Below is a link to a response by Andrew Wakefield to the on going attack on him by the British government and medical establishment. Although he stood accused in the public arena he wasn't offered any right to reply to these allegations/accusations. Thanks to the internet Andrew has been able to set the record straight independently and the MSM continue to simply ignore his side of the debate.

Dr Wakefield: Govt. experts have conceded that MMR vaccine caused autism

Source: http://therefusers.com/

Now it has been argued by the government that some poor judge has been forced into making this decision that on balance the vaccine cause the autism in the face and in contradiction to the evidence that is available, the scientific evidence. No. That is grossly misleading. Three of these cases the least; Poling, the Italian case, and more recently the Mojabi case, were conceded by the government experts. In other words the government extrovert is, the government themselves have conceded that the vaccine cause the autism. They didn’t fight the case. They conceded it based upon the evidence available to – all of it – that the MMR vaccine caused the child’s autism.

So this isn’t some poor judge being forced into a position in the absence of the evidence or in contradiction to the evidence. This is the government’s own experts conceding that the MMR vaccine caused the autism, or caused brain damage in this case that led to be autism. And what we have are millions of dollars being paid out to these children to fund their autism treatment so when the government says it is not settled cases of autism, please bear in mind that what they’re paying for the costs of the autism treatments. The government if it says that is speaking out of both sides of its mouth.

So let me turn now specifically to the measles outbreak in South Wales. The outbreak that the government is alleging is my responsibility, which is clearly in the face of the evidence from Lord Howe in Parliament and for which originally I suggested protection against measles with a single vaccines.

Now it is very important for people to bear in mind that MMR doesn’t protect against measles. Measles vaccine protects against measles. The mumps and rubella components are irrelevant. So, if single vaccines were available; if the government had not withdrawn the availability of a vaccine, then there would be no outbreak of measles in Wales, there would be no discussion of measles cases and potential measles deaths. So, the blame for this must lie on the shoulders on those who withdrew the option of the single vaccine from the parents who were legitimately concerned about the safety of the MMR. Not because of me but what had happened because of that vaccine long before I came on the scene.

But there is one problem. There is one contradiction. That is as Lord Howe has said in Parliament, MMR vaccine uptake is at an all-time high. So why are we now seeing measles outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations. It would be very interesting to find out how many of those children in the current outbreak have actually been vaccinated. I suspect many. And this is being seen before.

One of the problems I think are encountering is that of vaccine failure; primary and secondary vaccine failure. Primary failure - not enough children responded by developing immunity to the vaccine in the first place and secondary vaccine failure – those that do develop immunity that immunity disappears very quickly over time. And this has been seen with mumps vaccine. The mumps fixing does not work and we are seeing similar outbreaks of measles in vaccinated populations. And this is one of the long-term problems of using live viral vaccines over time, taking seed stock virus and repeatedly using it and using it and using it over time that it seems for some reason to lose its potency. And what we’re seeing now what I believe is unintended unexpected consequence of long-term use of these live viral vaccines; and that is vaccine failure.


Here is another very recent article which references Andrew Wakefield...
Dr. Andrew Wakefield Continues To Speak Out

Source: http://www.ageofautism.com/2014/07

You can't bring up the link between vaccines and autism without hearing about a paper published in The Lancet, a British medical journal, in 1998. The author was the much vilified doctor, Andrew Wakefield, and for the sixteen years, the media has blamed the controversy over vaccines and autism on Dr. Wakefield, (and of course, "former Playboy bunny," Jenny McCarthy).

(I just finished my book, The Big Autism Cover-Up, and the second chapter is all about how the press made Wakefield into the fall guy for linking vaccines and autism.)

The media loves to tell us about how Wakefield produced a fraudulent study and lost his medical license, conveniently leaving out the details--like the fact that parents came to him for help because he's a gastroenterologist and their kids had bowel disease--which they developed along with autism after receiving the MMR vaccine. I have never seen coverage where a member of the press actually talked to even one of the 12 parents Wakefield wrote about. No one wants to hear the truth about his work. No reporter ever mentions the fact that the British government indemnified the MMR maker, so it would be the government that would have to take responsibility for the damage done, something that would be a huge incentive for them to attack this man.

Dr. Wakefield is a hero to the autism community. He does not quit. There are lots of doctors who know what vaccines are really doing to our children, but they remain silent. It takes a special kind of courage to stand by the truth and have your career and your reputation destroyed. Wakefield has been a constant presence at the annual Autism One Conference in Chicago since its beginning and this year's talk, the Legacy of Vaccine Injury, was empowering for the parents who were there.

Anyone that's seriously interested in getting to the bottom of the Andrew Wakefield story needs to extract themselves from the MSM and do some more in depth research. There is lots of information out there from all around the world that is supporting the same message as Wakefield was providing back in the mid/late 90's against all the odds.



"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2014 21:24 by Frog.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 17 Jul 2014 19:12 #14

  • Lizzy
  • Lizzy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 5036
  • Likes received: 3051
To me this has ramifications on many levels - it has been posited before that they're agenda here is to bring prestige and acceptance the Neanderthal genetic traits that could be at the root of the 'controllers' insanity.
Here is another use to which those brains that they are crippling is being put to -
blog.codinghorror.com/software-developers-and-aspergers-syndrome/

drrimatruthreports.com/the-england-hypothesis-the-real-reason-behind-the-autism-pandemic-2/

GCHQ are also recruiting the autistic - they work like robots .
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 18 Jul 2014 04:23 #15

  • oz93666
  • oz93666's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
  • Posts: 151
  • Likes received: 54
Well done to Frog , who had the patience (which I don't have) to present the facts very well.
And the excellent video from Friday, another hero doctor who has spoken out. The video seemed to imply that autism is the outcome the controllers want , I disagree here . Autistic workers are very limited in what they can do , too much brain-damage.
If you hit a large population with such a chemical weapon (toxic vaccines) there will be a broad spectrum of effects, depending on the sensitivity of the victim to the toxin, and the number of vaccines taken. We have all been affected by these vaccines , they've reduced our IQ s and this is reflected in global IQ figures which continue to fall.
It's a tricky balance to get right for the controllers, they want us dumbed down so we cant figure out whats going on or fight back , but not too dumb that we cant wait on them , take an order from them in a restaurant.
Blue Takler seems convinced autism has been around a long time , quoting cases back to 1798. Just how can we know that, so far back, very easy to falsify information. I am willing to concede there may have been one or two cases, mercury has been used for a long time in the hat making industry, if a woman worked with this chemical on a daily basis she could have an autistic child.
I suspect Blue Takler may be fairly new to the truther movement, any long time researcher as well as all the prominent movers like Icke Jones ,Watt, know without doubt the truth ,the evidence is so overwhelming.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 18 Jul 2014 07:26 #16

  • Lizzy
  • Lizzy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 5036
  • Likes received: 3051
www.marketplace.org/topics/world/bbc-world-service/sap-recruit-autistic-employees
SAP to recruit autistic employees -
why because they work obsessively and won't even ask about a pension plan or vacation time.
The guy in the vid was THAT amazing - as for conjuring up numerical symbols without computation anyone can remember the 3-4 shapes of playdough for a day on 2 digits , there's also a method for quick language learning , the chess guy in the park was more impressive , he hadn't practiced it - he's not a Savant - just a mimic with perhaps a photographic memory - i have a cousin with one of those.
He's not an evolutionary leap or neaderthal genius and certainly not another Rainman savant. If anything he's a tool to push a an illusion - now if he could turn himself into a 3D printer - I'd be impressed.
The rates of autism have skyrocketed and manifest in a variety of ways but one things for sure - it 's vaccine induced. - many are congenital , there's one particular 'tribe' that holds the record for those diseases' and perhaps they can trace their roots back to the predatory priest / kings ruling today.?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 18 Jul 2014 11:24 #17

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
@frog

The other Dr's involved in the Dr Wakefield investigation have distanced themselves from it soon after the report, it was only Dr Wakefield that continued to express his information after it was proven wrong.
In relation to your other point about the parents approaching Dr Wakefield for gastro problems, it has been asserted that Dr Wakefield carried out practices that are medically unethical..

Please take your time and read the report here briandeer.com/solved/gmc-wakefield-sentence.pdf

It's no good to simply argue that all information that discredits Dr Wakefield is a conspiracy and thus disinformation.

There is no reason for the finish study to be seen as invalid where 1.8 million children were tracked for 14yrs after having MMR and no autism was detected nor any gastro problems that were out of proportion to children that were not MMR vaccinated.

That's really the proof that MMR & autism are not connected.
This was a story reported in The Guardian.The Lancet today finally retracted the paper that sparked a crisis in MMR vaccination across the UK, following the General Medical Council's decision that its lead author, Andrew Wakefield, had been dishonest.

The medical journal's editor, Richard Horton, told the Guardian today that he realised as soon as he read the GMC findings that the paper, published in February 1998, had to be retracted. "It was utterly clear, without any ambiguity at all, that the statements in the paper were utterly false," he said. "I feel I was deceived."

Many in the scientific and medical community have been pressing for the paper, linking the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) jab to bowel disease and autism, to be quashed. But Horton said he did not have the evidence to do so before the end of the GMC investigation last Thursday.

In 2004, when concerns were first raised about the conduct of the study, the Lancet asked the Royal Free hospital, where Wakefield and his fellow authors worked, to investigate. But Professor Humphrey Hodgson, then vice-dean of the Royal Free and University College school of medicine, wrote to the journal to say it had found no problems. "We are entirely satisfied that the investigations performed on children reported in the Lancet paper had been subjected to appropriate and rigorous ethical scrutiny," he said at that time.

The GMC last week disagreed. Children had been subjected to invasive procedures that were not warranted, a disciplinary panel ruled. They had undergone lumbar punctures and other tests solely for research purposes and without valid ethical approval.

Wakefield "was dishonest", said Horton. "He deceived the journal." The Lancet had done what it could to establish that the research was valid, by having it peer-reviewed But there is a limit, he said, to what peer-review can ascertain.

"Peer review is the best system we have got for checking accuracy and acceptability of work, but unless we went into the lab or examined every case record, we can't ever finally rule out some element of misconduct. The entire system depends upon trust. Most of the time we think it works well, but there will be a few instances – and when they happen they are huge instances – where the whole thing falls apart."

When journals have suspicions of fraud or misconduct, they have to refer them to the institution employing the scientists. "We rely on the processes within institutions to investigate allegations of fraud, and if they are found to be wanting, that is extremely disappointing," he said.

Dr Michael Fitzpatrick, author of books on the MMR scare, said the retraction was "good news – only 10 years too late".
www.theguardian.com/society/2010/feb/02/lancet-retracts-mmr-paper

In 1998 Andrew Wakefield and 11 other co-authors published a study with the unremarkable title: Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children. Such a title would hardly grab a science journalist’s attention, but the small study sparked widespread hysteria about a possible connection between the mumps-measles-rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).

The study itself has not stood the test of time. The results could not be replicated by other labs. A decade of subsequent research has sufficiently cleared the MMR vaccine of any connection to ASD. The lab used to search for measles virus in the guts of the study subjects has been shown to have used flawed techniques, resulting in false positives (from the Autism Omnibus testimony, and here is a quick summary). There does not appear to be any association between autism and a GI disorder.

But it’s OK to be wrong in science. There is no expectation that every potential finding will turn out to be true – in fact it is expected that most new finding will eventually be found to be false. That’s the nature of investigating the unknown. No harm no foul.

Andrew Wakefield, however, was apparently guilty of more than just getting it wrong, or even of being a sloppy scientist. He has been the subject of an ethics investigation by the General Medical Council who recently concluded that:


The General Medical Council ruled he had acted “dishonestly and irresponsibly” in doing his research.
David Gorski has the full report on the GMC ruling, which I will not repeat.

What is also at issue, however, is the integrity of the published peer-reviewed medical research. Again – there is not the expectation that peer-reviewed research will always get the answer right. In fact, the published research stands as an important record of error – the blind alleys, red herrings, false correlations, and erroneous conclusions that are part of the history of science.

However, error should not include scientific fraud, or science that is thoroughly misrepresented. One aspect of the transparency demanded by science, and increasingly an issue, is disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. This is the issue that first got Wakefield in hot water with the Lancet – the journal that published his original research. Wakefield was being paid as an expert by lawyers who were suing over alleged vaccine injury. In fact some of the children in the study were the children of parents who were suing. This is a massive conflict of interest.

When this came to light the Lancet responded by contacting the co-authors of the article and essentially asking them if they still stand by the results of the study. Ten of the original 12 authors of the study retracted their support for the study and its interpretation. In 2004 the Lancet published a retraction. However, it was only a partial retraction, and the study remained as part of the published literature.

In the wake of the GMC ruling, however, the Lancet has once again reviewed the study and concluded that there is now sufficient evidence of wrongdoing on Wakefield’s part to print a full retraction. Here is the entire text of the article:


Following the judgment of the UK General Medical Council’s Fitness to Practise Panel on Jan 28, 2010, it has become clear that several elements of the 1998 paper by Wakefield et al are incorrect, contrary to the findings of an earlier investigation. In particular, the claims in the original paper that children were “consecutively referred” and that investigations were “approved” by the local ethics committee have been proven to be false. Therefore we fully retract this paper from the published record.

This should be the final nail in the coffin of this controversial and harmful study. Coming 12 years after the original paper, after just about every element of the research and its findings have been refuted, the Lancet retraction almost seems unecessary. But it is necessary and important. As the retraction indicates – it removes this dubious research from the published record.

While we can all celebrate this move, I also believe it highlights the need for scientific journals to have a lower threshold in retracting published studies that are found to be fraudulent, or are so flawed either ethically or scientifically that they should never have been published in the first place.

The process of editorial and peer-review is not perfect, and given the number of papers that are published there is no way to keep dubious, even fraudulent, research from slipping past the goalies. But peer-review does not stop when a paper is published – in fact that is when it begins in earnest. So it is common for serious problems with a paper to be discovered only after they are published. When this happens, the journal editors should be willing to admit error and correct their mistakes.

An example of the importance of correcting the published record is the Cha/Wirth/Lobo study conducted at Columbia University and published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine in 2001. The study alleged to find that intercessory Christian prayer doubled the success of in-vitro fertilization. However, Rogerio Lobo, presented as the lead author, later acknowledged that he had nothing to do with the conduction of the study. His name was removed from the authors list in 2004.

But much worse than that, Daniel Wirth, who is not an MD and is not affiliated with Columbia University and who seems to be most responsible for the study results, was indicted by a federal grand jury and pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud. (See this excellent article by Bruce Flamm for all the details.) Essentially this study was conducted by a paranormal researcher with the resume of a con-artist.

And yet, the Journal of Reproductive Medicine has refused to admit error and retract the paper. It remains listed on PubMed, without any hint that the study has been seriously called into question.

They have published a clarification by the third author, Kwang Cha, who is digging in and defending the paper, writing:


This deliberate design constraint made it impossible for Mr. Wirth to have played any role in manipulating or altering the data.

I find it very difficult to believe that manipulation was “impossible.” I think Dr. Cha overestimates the ability to protect against deliberate fraud, and underestimates the cleverness of those who choose to commit fraud. Cha would have us believe that it is more likely he proved the efficacy of a miraculous intervention than that someone guilty of fraud may have committed fraud.

While this study has been scientifically discredited, it remains part of the published record and continues to be cited by supporters of the efficacy of prayer.

Conclusion

I applaud the Lancet for finally retracting the Wakefield study and removing it from the published record. It should not, however, have taken this long.
www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/lancet-retracts-wakefield-article/

As for autism being a relatively new condition, you must be joking, however the cases are far more frequently reported.
There are still lots of people with autism who have not had MMR, thus it's not the cause. It's been reported in medical journals for many years before MMR existed.

In a nutshell some parents thought the was a connection because of the onset of autism in relation to the timing of MMR (About 18 months)
Dr Wakefield was operating for their council, not as an impartial investigator.
He was collecting evidence for their case.
His evidence was shown to be false, the cause of autism is not exactly known, there is no good evidence to support Dr Wakefield.

Look at this study from Japan.
''With his colleagues Yasuo Shimizu and Michael Rutter of the Institute of Psychiatry in London, UK, Honda looked at the records of 31,426 children born in one district of Yokohama between 1988 and 1996. The team counted children diagnosed as autistic by the age of 7.
They found the cases continued to multiply after the vaccine withdrawal, ranging from 48 to 86 cases per 10,000 children before withdrawal to 97 to 161 per 10,000 afterwards. The same pattern was seen with a particular form of autism in which children appear to develop normally and then suddenly regress - the form linked to MMR by Wakefield.

The study cannot rule out the possibility that MMR triggers autism in a tiny number of children, as some claim, but it does show there is no large-scale effect. The vaccine "cannot have caused autism in the many children with autism spectrum disorders in Japan who were born and grew up in the era when MMR was not available", Honda concludes.

So if the vaccine is not responsible for the rising rates of autism, what is? "Clearly some environmental factors are causing the increases," says Irva Hertz-Picciotto of the University of California at Davis, US. Other experts disagree, saying the apparent rise could be the result of changing diagnostic criteria and the rising profile of the disorder (New Scientist print edition, 17 February 2001).
www.newscientist.com/article/dn7076-autism-rises-despite-mmr-ban-in-japan.html#.U8j1B40g-M8

You did make a good case in your last post as per the presentation, for that I congratulate you, the problem is the evidence is bullshit.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 18 Jul 2014 11:32 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 18 Jul 2014 11:27 #18

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
Friday wrote:
www.marketplace.org/topics/world/bbc-world-service/sap-recruit-autistic-employees
SAP to recruit autistic employees -
why because they work obsessively and won't even ask about a pension plan or vacation time.
The guy in the vid was THAT amazing - as for conjuring up numerical symbols without computation anyone can remember the 3-4 shapes of playdough for a day on 2 digits , there's also a method for quick language learning , the chess guy in the park was more impressive , he hadn't practiced it - he's not a Savant - just a mimic with perhaps a photographic memory - i have a cousin with one of those.
He's not an evolutionary leap or neaderthal genius and certainly not another Rainman savant. If anything he's a tool to push a an illusion - now if he could turn himself into a 3D printer - I'd be impressed.
The rates of autism have skyrocketed and manifest in a variety of ways but one things for sure - it 's vaccine induced. - many are congenital , there's one particular 'tribe' that holds the record for those diseases' and perhaps they can trace their roots back to the predatory priest / kings ruling today.?

This one is amazing.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 18 Jul 2014 11:45 #19

  • oz93666
  • oz93666's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
  • Posts: 151
  • Likes received: 54
Blue_Tackler wrote:
The other Dr's involved in the Dr Wakefield investigation have distanced themselves ........

Most Dr's don't want to lose their prestigious job , and end up flipping hamburgers.
Your irrational persistence with believing in the lies peddled by the controlled media, together with suggesting these children are gifted , or special in some way, suggests to me you have some personal interest in this, perhaps you have an autistic child and don't want to believe you may have been in someway to blame for this by allowing vaccination.
The parent cannot be, in anyway to blame, in such a situation.
Many alternative therapists have worked out a de-tox regime which can alleviate some of the symptoms of autism.
Last Edit: 18 Jul 2014 11:51 by oz93666.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Neanderthal theory of autism. 18 Jul 2014 12:11 #20

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Released
  • Posts: 17871
  • Likes received: 1854
Dr Wakefield was insistent that his involvement with the new patent had not given rise to any prior need to disclose. Despite the clear terms of the patent, he did not accept that the invention was envisaged as an alternative vaccine to MMR. He acknowledged that he had envisaged the use of transfer factor for at least a proportion of the population and that he had a financial and career interest in its success, but he said that it did not cross his mind to disclose it, and even with hindsight he insisted that there was a reasonable argument, as he put it, for non-disclosure. The Panel considered that his actions and his persistent lack of insight as to the gravity of his conduct amounted to serious professional misconduct.
In relation to the administration of Transfer Factor to Child 10, the Panel noted the admitted background of Dr Wakefield’s involvement in a company set up with Child 10’s father as Managing Director, to produce and sell Transfer Factor.

briandeer.com/solved/gmc-wakefield-sentence.pdf



:wissl:
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Cannabis for Autism7.04Sunday, 25 January 2015
Autism Positive7.04Friday, 17 April 2015
Hitler's Autism.7.04Thursday, 23 April 2015
Autism the breakdown of the NWO web.7.04Wednesday, 15 July 2015
Autism: Another invented disease6.96Thursday, 12 January 2017
A Topological Theory of Autism6.96Thursday, 14 January 2016
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 250 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 192 - Raised
( £ 140 GBP )
donation thermometer
56%
Most Recent Donation $122 USD
4th January 2021
Bitcoin Address: bc1q0kazqya0nurfxtunxv807vm0m8852nnrrk8mj8
 
Ethereum Address: 0xe69915c80dd75df19f438d556267e04f932f057d
 
More Info: Donation options for TZ
 

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.