Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous Earth 26 Jan 2017 14:17 #1

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Found worms in the poop while cleaning the kitty litter box of a (previously) homeless kitten (approx. 11 weeks old) I took in from cold sub-zero temperatures, can't take the kitty to the vet yet (kitty is adjusting, getting socialized, eating cat food and water just fine, using litter box, loves the scratch post, plays with cat toys with me, eats food off my finger, loads of fun, appears healthy etc) but still very shy with me and have not yet managed to pick the kitty up, pet freely (I caught the kitten a few feet from my front door in a live trap hours before a major snow storm hit).

When I let the kitten out of the live trap in the bathroom the door was not securely shut and the kitty ran under the bed in the next room, It's taking time to build the kitten's trust so I can eventually get kitty in a carrier cage and a trip to the vet.

In the meantime, because of the worms, I started looking up stuff on deworming kittens/cats, talked to the vet, the local pet store, online etc.. I found out about diatomaceous earth and ended up purchasing some from the local pet store.

This is 100% Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth and it comes with a pamphlet that tells all it's different uses, that being as a 100% natural de-wormer, tick and flea treatment and nutritional supplement but it can also be used to put in kitty litter to absorb odors and keep the litter box drier, you can sprinkle it on mattresses to kill bed bugs, it is a garden and tree insecticide, it is used as organic pest control (fruit flies, earwigs, spiders, mites, lice, ants etc..) a non-toxic garden pesticide for all types of plants etc.. Yet it is deemed to be 100% safe for kittens, cats, dogs, animals and humans.

Some of the things that peaked my interest in the Food Grade DE.

It is said to (be used to):

-Reduce High Blood Pressure
-Reduce High Cholesterol
-Detoxification and cleansing of intestines, absorbing bacteria, fungi, molds, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, as well as cleaning old mucus and hardened matter
-Intestinal parasites and worms in both animals and humans
-Increase absorption of nutrients (due to cleansed colon) and increase energy
-Detoxification of heavy metals - Alkalizing agent (pH is 8.0)

So there are quite a lot of people who take diatomaceous earth (only the 100% food grade) for certain periods of time (lots online about the human uses, youtube videos etc..), mixed with water (starting with a half teaspoon). I am thinking I may start taking some myself, along with the kitty, even though I bought it at the pet store (it is 100% food grade).

Anyone else heard of this for human use?
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2017 23:04 by annabelle.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Truth_or_Dare

Diatomaceous Earth 26 Jan 2017 14:27 #2

• Flare
Hm, interesting.

Never heard of the stuff before.

6 Proven Diatomaceous Earth Uses and Benefits

Diatomaceous Earth 26 Jan 2017 14:44 #3

• I AM ALL I AM
G'day Annabelle.

When I first bought Cansema / Black Salve, the place I bought it from sold a 100% organic detoxifier. I had a look into it and others and came across Diatommacous Earth. Having never bought it (never had an issue with parasites), I couldn't state anything about it that you couldn't find online. A mate of mine could tell you, though he is overseas at the moment and I haven't heard from him in a while. The next time I speak to him I will ask him about it. From memory he has used it previously.

I will text a friend in Port Macquarie and ask her as well (travelling up there this weekend, so I will ask in person as well). She has had plenty of experience with natural medicines due to where she works. We have discussed different detoxifies years ago, so it is time for a recap. This time I will remember the info even though I don't require the use of it and get back to you. :thumbup:
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

When paired opposites define your beliefs, your beliefs will imprison you.
User(s) who Liked this post: annabelle

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 00:59 #4

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Thanks for asking about it for me. :thumbup:
User(s) who Liked this post: I AM ALL I AM

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 11:29 #5

• I AM ALL I AM
annabelle wrote:
Thanks for asking about it for me. :thumbup:

G'day Annabelle.

No worries sunshine. :thumbup:

I have received a reply text and both Mandy and Diva (pug x silkie) have had it, so I will get the low down on it and pass along the information sometime on Sunday.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 11:51 #6

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
That reminds me I bought some ages ago just to see what it would do. Didn't notice anything either way but had heard good things being said about it on Mami's shit. Used it in the window boxes too. I think you could take quite a lot with no ill effect, might find out if you have worms. :D If I can find my bag I might throw some down my neck to clean out any after fx of the hip op once I can give up on painkillers.
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 12:26 #7

Quite funny, you took the cat to the vets in a carrier bag.. I bet that was fun and games trying to keep it quiet and stopping it from jumping out of the bag.. :chuckle:

You could name it bag puss..

Interesting stuff that Diatommacous Earth.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2017 12:27 by Return of Zorro.

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 14:47 #8

• I AM ALL I AM
Zorro wrote:
Quite funny, you took the cat to the vets in a carrier bag.. I bet that was fun and games trying to keep it quiet and stopping it from jumping out of the bag.. :chuckle:

You could name it bag puss..

G'day Zorro.

Did you actually read the OP?

"..... It's taking time to build the kitten's trust so I can eventually get kitty in a carrier cage and a trip to the vet. ..... "

Not a "carrier bag", a carrier cage, and not having gone to the vet yet. :roll:

Awesome comprehension skills of what you read eh. :thumbup:

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 16:07 #9

I could have sworn I read carrier bag. Oh well, not to worry. An early night for me tonight methinks, as I hardly slept last night.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 18:31 #10

• Flare
Zorro wrote:

Yea it is ey?

Personally I've become quite fan of Turmeric, which also seems to have a lot of health benefits.

2 x 1/2 teaspoon a day would be a good dose.

However, as the stuff is difficult to enter the bloodstream, one should add some black pepper to it which increases the uptake with 2000%
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2017 18:33 by Flare.
User(s) who Liked this post: Truth_or_Dare

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 18:53 #11

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
I put the stuff in my soups now. Turmeric.
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Diatomaceous Earth 27 Jan 2017 20:14 #12

• Flare
rodin wrote:
I put the stuff in my soups now. Turmeric.

Very well. :)

You might want to up the dosage a bit to twice daily.

And don't forget to add black pepper to it which increases the uptake.

Here are some things to keep in mind taking the stuff tho:

Most Common Turmeric Side Effects

Below I've outlined the 5 most common turmeric side effects as reported in the medical literature. If any of these conditions apply to you, proceed with extreme caution and only under the advice of your health care provider.

Blood Thinning. According to the National Institutes of Health, turmeric may slow blood clotting. Avoid combining turmeric with anticoagulant and/or antiplatelet drugs. If you take blood thinning medication, consult with your health provider before eating turmeric in food or taking turmeric supplements.

Examples of medications that act as blood thinners include aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, etc.), warfarin (Coumadin), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, etc.), and others. Don't take turmeric with these or related drugs.

Since turmeric can slow blood clotting, avoid it if you take herbal supplements that slow clotting. The NIH website mentions angelica, clove, danshen, garlic, ginger, ginkgo, Panax ginseng, red clover, and willow as examples.

Due to blood thinning side effects of turmeric, stop taking turmeric at least two weeks before any surgical procedure.

Diabetes. Turmeric may lower blood sugar. Avoid turmeric if you take diabetes medications, since turmeric could cause your blood sugar to fall even further. This could result in hypoglycemia.

Gallbladder. The NIH recommends avoiding turmeric if you currently have problems with your gallbladder. If you have gallstones or a bile duct obstruction, turmeric may cause your condition to worsen.

Pregnancy.
Turmeric should be avoided during pregnancy. According to the NIH, turmeric may stimulate the uterus or promote a menstrual period. NIH also recommends not taking it during breast feeding.

Stomach Complications. Interference with antacid medications is a possible side effect of turmeric, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Turmeric may cause increased stomach acid if taken with antacid drugs such as Tagamet, Pepcid, Zantac, Nexium, or Prevacid.

www.memory-improvement-tips.com/side-effects-of-turmeric.html
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro

Diatomaceous Earth 28 Jan 2017 11:53 #13

Does anybody else wrongly anticipate words sometimes while reading when you're tired.. or is it just me? Maybe it has something to do with all those late nights recently trying to grasp learning some HTML and CSS code for web building. It's bollox trying to get your head around that shit, almost like trying to learn a whole different language. :noway: I'm more of a visual person on the creative side really, and can't stand writing code and such. I also think a pair of reading glasses at this stage wouldn't go a miss either. :chuckle:
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2017 12:17 by Return of Zorro.

Diatomaceous Earth 28 Jan 2017 22:05 #14

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Zorro wrote:
Does anybody else wrongly anticipate words sometimes while reading when you're tired.. or is it just me? Maybe it has something to do with all those late nights recently trying to grasp learning some HTML and CSS code for web building. It's bollox trying to get your head around that shit, almost like trying to learn a whole different language. :noway:

Haha :larf: ... i hear ya, i had to learn from scratch with this site, heres some of my handywork, the site override style sheet to make stuff look decent, all figured out and written by hand.

truth-zone.net/templates/js_novitas/css/custom.css

Maybe some of the pascal programming classes i took in uni came back to me somehow, but tbh all i remember from that is the lecturer saying 'writeLn' :larf:

After swapping the head and turbo on an 8 litre diesel a few weeks ago though, im not going to complain much about typing on a clean keyboard and having to handle a 1kg laptop. :wissl:

Anyway back on topic... i know nothing about diatomaceous earth , never even heard of it until now, how is it made, and can i get it from the infowars website? :P
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro

Diatomaceous Earth 29 Jan 2017 00:55 #15

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
What Is Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous earth is a soft, powdery, porous, and silica-rich mineral that is found in fossilized deposits near dried up bodies of water. This mineral is the result of the accumulation of dead diatoms found in marine sediments, which contain the remains of silica.

Diatoms are microscopic single-celled algae that usually have shells that are divided into two halves. The shells of diatoms are hard due to the presence of silica in their cell walls. These silica-rich hard shells are usually found crushed up into tiny, sharp shards, which is the main characteristic of fossilized diatomite.

This mineral is colored white or off-white. Since this mineral is highly porous, it can be easily pounded into fine and soft powders.

Discovery of Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous earth, which was first thought to be a type of limestone, was discovered around 1836-1837 by Peter Kasten while drilling a well in Haußelberg Hill which is located in Lüneburg Heath in Germany. After its discovery, it was used by Alfred Nobel to make dynamite and also by Wilhelm Berkefeld for developing filter candles.

Uses of Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous earth has various applications of use, making it famous in a wide variety of industries. One of the primary uses of diatomaceous earth is as a mild abrasive substance that is used in metal polishes, facial scrubs and toothpaste.

This is due to its rough consistency. Its hard and porous characteristics also make it a popular filter medium in several different filtration processes.

It is also used in chemistry laboratories for various experiments and procedures when filtering very fine particles. Even the particles that are filtered through a normal paper filter can be further filtered by a filtering medium that contains diatomaceous earth.

Diatomaceous earth is also used in drinking water filtering processes. It is also used to filter swimming pools and fish tanks. Beer, wine, sugar, syrups, honey are also filtered in a medium containing diatomaceous earth.

One of the most important and popular use of diatomaceous earth is in the field of agriculture, as it is used as an insecticide and pesticide. Its sharp characteristics make it an effective pest killer. Insects are covered by a waxy layer of lipids that function to retain water in the insect’s body.

When insects come into contact with diatomaceous earth, the lipid-containing waxy layer that covers the exterior of the exoskeletons is sliced by the tiny diatomite shards, causing the lipid-rich waxy layer to become dehydrated. Thus, this substance can be used to kill garden pests, fleas, flies, bedbugs and other insects.

Diatomaceous earth has also been used for other purposes in the agricultural field. It has been used as an anti-caking agent additive in grain storage and livestock feeds. It has also been used as a soil additive for growing potted plants such as bonsai trees. Since diatomaceous earth is highly absorbent, it can also be used in cleaning toxic liquid spills.

In fact, the United States Center for Disease Control recommends it use for this purpose. It is also used in absorbing ethylene gas for reducing decay and rotting in fruits to make the shelf life longer. In addition, diatomaceous earth is one of the main ingredients in facial masks to enhance the product’s absorption of excess oils in the face.

Diatomaceous Earth For Detoxing

In more recent years, diatomaceous earth has been found to work as an internal cleanser in humans to effectively eradicate parasites and toxins, which include free radicals and harmful heavy metals that cause aging, disease, and other health issues.

Because the diatomaceous earth particles have an electrical charge, they attract particles of the opposite electrical charge and trap them in its honeycomb-like structure so that it can be expelled through bodily waste. As a result, the body will have less free radicals and heavy metals in the bloodstream, making the body feel and look healthier.

diatomaceous.org/history-of-diatomaceous-earth/

Last Edit: 29 Jan 2017 00:57 by annabelle.

Diatomaceous Earth 29 Jan 2017 01:33 #16

novum wrote:
Zorro wrote:
Does anybody else wrongly anticipate words sometimes while reading when you're tired.. or is it just me? Maybe it has something to do with all those late nights recently trying to grasp learning some HTML and CSS code for web building. It's bollox trying to get your head around that shit, almost like trying to learn a whole different language. :noway:

Haha :larf: ... i hear ya, i had to learn from scratch with this site, heres some of my handywork, the site override style sheet to make stuff look decent, all figured out and written by hand.

truth-zone.net/templates/js_novitas/css/custom.css

Maybe some of the pascal programming classes i took in uni came back to me somehow, but tbh all i remember from that is the lecturer saying 'writeLn' :larf:

After swapping the head and turbo on an 8 litre diesel a few weeks ago though, im not going to complain much about typing on a clean keyboard and having to handle a 1kg laptop. :wissl:

Anyway back on topic... i know nothing about diatomaceous earth , never even heard of it until now, how is it made, and can i get it from the infowars website? :P

Done a fair bit of mechanics too in my time. Put it this way, I would much rather by stripping down an Evinrude V8 than trying to get my head around html code. :hahano:
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Diatomaceous Earth 29 Jan 2017 02:34 #17

• novum
  • Platinum Member
annabelle wrote:
What Is Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous earth is a soft, powdery, porous, and silica-rich mineral that is found in fossilized deposits near dried up bodies of water. This mineral is the result of the accumulation of dead diatoms found in marine sediments, which contain the remains of silica.

Diatoms are microscopic single-celled algae that usually have shells that are divided into two halves. The shells of diatoms are hard due to the presence of silica in their cell walls. These silica-rich hard shells are usually found crushed up into tiny, sharp shards, which is the main characteristic of fossilized diatomite.

This mineral is colored white or off-white. Since this mineral is highly porous, it can be easily pounded into fine and soft powders.

Discovery of Diatomaceous Earth

Diatomaceous earth, which was first thought to be a type of limestone, was discovered around 1836-1837 by Peter Kasten while drilling a well

Seems i may already have it in my water supply then from the sounds of all that, sounds exactly like whats under my ground where the water comes from, an ancient sea bed.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Diatomaceous Earth 29 Jan 2017 23:50 #18

• I AM ALL I AM
G'day Annabelle.

I spoke with Mandy and it is exactly what I thought it was. I wasnt going to state I knew it until I checked though. It works great, she has even used it topically, as well as both for her and Diva internally. Highly recommended by someone that uses 'alternative' medicines (fully qualified massage therapist). Simply follow the instructions for it and you are on a winner. :thumbup:

Diatomaceous Earth 30 Jan 2017 07:29 #19

• Oneofmany
  • Fresh Member
We use this at home when we vacuum carpets to get rid of fleas, supposedly, they cant live in the very sharp environment. we also use it in conjunction with nematodes http://goodbugshop.com.au/wordpress/nemassist-beneficial-nematodes/ in the yard which eat flea larvae......Didn't do it this summer, and regretted it.

Diatomaceous Earth 30 Jan 2017 15:20 #20

• I AM ALL I AM
Forgot to add, make sure you don't breathe it in.. :thumbup: