Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Sustainability Thread.

The Sustainability Thread. 16 Dec 2018 18:51 #1

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Seeing my passion is creating things to save money I thought I would add this new title, here is a family run outfit who are making use of what normal folks would normally class as waste, they power the whole of their workshop large machinery with their waste product.

Here is something, a blast from the past that could carry on working if the mains power went off, generate their own electricity and even keep their house warm for free.
INACTIVE
Last Edit: 16 Dec 2018 18:51 by Gan Anim.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Sustainability Thread. 17 Dec 2018 12:15 #2

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Another fine setup, and self sufficient in so many ways, as the steam builds it also keeps the shop nice and toasty.

INACTIVE

The Sustainability Thread. 17 Dec 2018 13:43 #3

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Oranges in snow, is this the way to go.

INACTIVE

The Sustainability Thread. 17 Dec 2018 14:07 #4

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Wisdom comes from using you hands and minds, but admin gets in the way sometimes.

INACTIVE
Last Edit: 17 Dec 2018 14:29 by Gan Anim.

The Sustainability Thread. 17 Dec 2018 18:37 #5

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Some roads lead home, to paradise.

INACTIVE

The Sustainability Thread. 17 Dec 2018 19:06 #6

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Where there is a will there is a way.

INACTIVE

The Sustainability Thread. 18 Dec 2018 07:22 #7

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
I grew to hate that word "sustainability" last year when I was doing a job in Europe and that word just gets repeated over and over again and again on the radio all day long

I swear it's some subliminal brainwashing message for sure
You can't fix stupid

The Sustainability Thread. 18 Dec 2018 11:55 #8

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Rocco wrote:
I grew to hate that word "sustainability" last year when I was doing a job in Europe and that word just gets repeated over and over again and again on the radio all day long

I swear it's some subliminal brainwashing message for sure

It is a trigger word Roc, it is a subliminal to prepare folks for what it to come, it is the same anology as Austerity, to program those consumers that are now out of control to buy more stuff before it will no longer be available, grab it now model, because we never know what is going to happen, people are now hoarding like the preppers and potential commodities to use as advantages if a real down turn was just around the corner.

What my type of mindset is doing is exactly the opposite, we are making what we desire and or need, there is a real physical difference, we are the ones most likely to be truly sustainable, we have also been doing this long before Icke and the rest came along to remind us of how vulnerable most of society has become by design.

The self sustaining workshops and alternative growers I have shared earlier have been going since their grandfathers days or as long as us here, even using some of the 100 year old tools that their Grandfathers had collected, these are the true sustainers who serviced their immediate environment and population with their real life skills, this is what counts and keeps us alive on our terms, no government intervention is needed in this paradigm, if the electricity went off tonight they would not be as effected, all they need is the waste they produce and recycle as sawdust, they would become very busy very quickly.

This is where we sit here, partly self sustaining using discarded raw materials that others deemed rubbish only yesterday, infact it gets easier for us, the more folks thrown away, all of my leather today came from a factory who were closing down twenty years ago who threw away dozens of unused full cut skins becase they were odd colours, top leather by the ton into the skip.

My Grandfather and Father would get boots with worn out soles but really good uppers and cut them off the worn out sole, some are into the hundreds of dollars when new and attatch them to a pair of woodenclog soles, so you had the very best working boots for free, modern high quality leather uppers ready made, and our own timber from our own trees.

Here is a pair I still use when its really cold weather as the wood truly insulates your feet from the cold ground, and being clogs you can gain and extra size upwards due to their construction.

These are already ten years old and as warm as toast in the coldest weather, when the rubber patches ware out I cut up an old motorcycle tyre and tack another layer with real treads on. The soles are English Elm as hard as the hobs but very commfortable due to the sole shape, no insoles just feet onto bare wood inside that are shaped to the toes and foot.
INACTIVE
Last Edit: 18 Dec 2018 12:01 by Gan Anim.

The Sustainability Thread. 18 Dec 2018 15:27 #9

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Your shoes are not really my style, but I admire your handy work. Carry on
You can't fix stupid

The Sustainability Thread. 18 Dec 2018 16:42 #10

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Rocco wrote:
Your shoes are not really my style, but I admire your handy work. Carry on

I have not made many for a few years now as the ones I have will see me out.

Before I made my own this is where I used to get mine from here,

www.crockettandjones.com/

I have these models of theirs, all from the seconds store which are a lot cheaper and you cannot really tell where the slight mistakes are,

www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/boots/snowdon-oak-wax-hide/

www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/boots/tetbury-darkbrown-wax-calf/

www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/main-collection/cottesmore-chestnut-calf/

www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/main-collection/grasmere-tan-scotch-grain/

I now make them to similar designs or whatever takes me fancy, I know guys who spend three times this on cigarettes each year.
INACTIVE

The Sustainability Thread. 18 Dec 2018 17:36 #11

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
I've been wearing these for years, fit like a glove. I do about 2 paris a year for $70 each

And these are my work boots, I paid about $400 for them, but I cant wear the $300 Redwings the Company issues us as they're to tight on my feet
You can't fix stupid

The Sustainability Thread. 19 Dec 2018 13:03 #12

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
Rocco wrote:
I've been wearing these for years, fit like a glove. I do about 2 paris a year for $70 each

And these are my work boots, I paid about $400 for them, but I cant wear the $300 Redwings the Company issues us as they're to tight on my feet

Cool boots, these are worth every penny, the trainers are better than the really cheap ones but are very expensive if you take the price they cost to produce which is about a few dollars, one thing I have mentioned in the past is the use of eurothanes and glues in the cheaper footwear, this is a nasty chemical and can be absorbed by the soles of the feet and into the system, so I advise people use the charcoal absorber insoles to get rid of these nasty glues.

You will be ok for ankle strength if you wear good boots which give great support, but sneakers are very poor in this area and prolonged use can disform the muscle groups.
INACTIVE
Last Edit: 19 Dec 2018 13:06 by Gan Anim.
User(s) who Liked this post: Rocco

The Sustainability Thread. 22 Dec 2018 14:25 #13

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
INACTIVE

The Sustainability Thread. 23 Dec 2018 14:35 #14

• Gan Anim
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
INACTIVE