Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: why so many are offing themselves

why so many are offing themselves 23 Jun 2019 18:47 #1

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Bwana wrote:

To me this is a repeat of "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you". I have a back that was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in 1996. Since that time this progressive disease has become more painful as more of my spine has become involved. Presently 21 of the 23 discs in my back are either ruptured, desiccated, collapsed or bulging.

Under the new guidelines I am allowed about 1.1 Norco tablets per day (200 tablets every 6 months). One tablet reduces my pain by about 50% and lasts about 4 hours at best. Two at a time does better but not by much.

I have been evaluated by a license Orthopedic Medical Examiner and declared 100% permanently disabled. I am always in too much pain to do anything that involves physical activity 24/7. If I need to go to the grocery store or any other place many times I must use my pill for the day. If I do
Bwana wrote:

I am in too much pain to sleep at all. Even then with using a pill to sleep I only sleep an average of less than 2 hours daily because of the pain.

The current prescription guidelines have destroyed my quality of life.

Life is not enjoyable when a person is in moderate to severe pain 24/7. There are a lot of days just breathing causes severe pain.

The illegal drugs are a serious problem and the offenders need to be punished. I don't understand why I am being punished for their selling of illegal drugs by restricting my legal prescriptions to a point of almost non existence.

I hope one of the pin heads who are on the committees reads this and looks at what they are doing to people like me.

Our government cannot understand why people are taking their lives and I cannot understand why the members of the committees (who are mostly lawyers) are allowed to practice orthopedic medicine and cause people to take their lives.

For anyone's information I am not a prescription abuser. I do not doctor shop. I do not buy extra pills from street vendors. I have no psychiatric problems. I have no money problems. I have a pain problem due to too many years in construction and mining.

www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-20/something-isnt-right-greatest-economy-ever-american-suicide-rates-hit-wwii-levels

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said in a new report on Thursday that 47,000 people died by suicide, and 1.4 million attempted suicide in 2017. The suicide rate increased by 1% per year from 2000 through 2006, and by 2% from 2006 through 2016, which now means suicide rates are at their highest level since World War II.

Along with out of control suicides, drug overdoses have spiked in the same periods, further pointing to a general deterioration of the middle class. More than 70,000 people committed suicide in 2017, and 17.3 million, or 7%, of Americans, are experiencing mental health issues.

As we have shown in past reports, life expectancy has also declined for three straight years, in part because of the surge in drug overdoses and suicides. This is the first year in a little over a century since life expectancy fell for three consecutive years.

The combination of increasing suicides and drug overdoses is damaging the economy on par to the scale of the global financial crisis, yet we lack the institutions, policies, and determination to address it, says Paul Gionfriddo, president of Mental Health America.

Decades of stagnant wages, deindustrialization, the largest ever wealth gap between rich and poor, financialization of the economy that only benefits rich, insurmountable student loans, a housing affordability crisis, and automation and artificial intelligence, have culminated into the perfect financial storm that has not just financially rapped millennials but has also led to unintended mental health consequences: suicide is the second-leading cause of death for 10- to 34-year-olds.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

why so many are offing themselves 23 Jun 2019 19:19 #2

• Flare
Check this video...

The Man They Call The Devil

Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2019 19:19 by Flare.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare