Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Garden Fresh

Garden Fresh 19 Oct 2020 21:52 #1

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day.

I harvested the potatoes from the garden yesterday .....

..... which is a good haul considering I only put in a small amount of potatoes.

Here is what they looked like in the garden .....

..... there were three rows - Midnight Pearl/Blue - Kipfler - Dutch Cream. I used the Ruth Stout method, so potatoes laying on the soil with 8 inches of straw on top. This means no mounding up of soil continuously, etc. The only thing I did apart from water is add some extra straw around the sides and in between the plants.

This was with little to no rain. They were mainly fed a fertiliser I make up using the water from the creek that is around 20-30 metres from the garden.

All in all, the harvest was approximately 8-10 times the amount that was put in. :thumbup:

Edit:
I had actually harvested some potatoes early. There were two Kipfler that were approximately 20cm in length (way bigger than all the others), a few Dutch Creams of average size and some Midnight Pearl/Blue. So there was actually a few more than what is in the picture. ;) :D

And the carrots came from a mates garden that I set up at the beginning of the year. He's only a short walk away. I also got a pumpkin and cabbage from the garden as well, which also has plenty of tomatoes that will be ready this week by the looks of it. Tabouli time (and hommus of course :D ). :thumbup:
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

When paired opposites define your beliefs, your beliefs will imprison you.

Flare = Censor & Promoter of Bishop Williamson

truth-zone.net/forum/research-zone-forum-feedback-and-faq/73338-flare-censor-promoter-of-bishop-williamson.html#357334
Last Edit: 19 Oct 2020 22:15 by I AM ALL I AM.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: backfromthebrink, Gloria

Garden Fresh 19 Oct 2020 22:34 #2

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day.

I may as well add this meal that I made up with some of the early harvest of potatoes .....

..... there is also some of the carrot and cabbage from the garden. Also, rosemary, parsley, Cos lettuce and Kale (4 varieties) came from the garden.

So, it is mashed potato using three varieties of potato with four varieties of steamed kale and cabbage mixed in. The salad is with the ingredients from the garden (parsley, cos lettuce, spring onion, shallots, carrot) and some brown lentils, four bean mix, olive oil, lemon garlic and herb salt. And of course some hommus. :thumbup:
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

truth-zone.net/forum/research-zone-forum-feedback-and-faq/73338-flare-censor-promoter-of-bishop-williamson.html#357334
User(s) who Liked this post: backfromthebrink, Gloria

Garden Fresh 20 Oct 2020 02:12 #3

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Looks good man. Gives so much pride to harvest your own veggies.

But where's the meat? Are you vegetarian? :umm:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
User(s) who Liked this post: I AM ALL I AM

Garden Fresh 20 Oct 2020 02:46 #4

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
Gaia wrote:

G'day Gaia.

It does indeed. :D

I dropped off some kale, celery, lemongrass and potatoes to a couple of neighbours as well and I am still deciding whether I will share the carrots with the horses I usually feed organic juicing carrots. ;)

I eat a wholefood plant based 'diet'. Most would call me 'vegan', though I eat honey, so that isn't correct. A 'vegan' will avoid all animal products. I don't consider honey an animal product, it is pollen from flowers collected by the bees.

I came to the decision to eat based on some things I had worked out after breaking my back while working out how to heal it. Firstly it was completely based on how I gained energy from the 5 elements, so .....

Spirit = Communicate
Fire = Absorb
Air = Breathe
Water = Drink
Earth = Eat

..... which meant I ate from the Earth.

I later found information showing the physicality to be herbivorous. Herbivores have a longer intestinal tract, as do humans. Herbivores sweat through the skin, as do humans. Note Molly pants because she sweats through the tongue, as carnivores do.

Plant foods also have a direct correlation to the human physicality. For instance, carrots cut cross-wise show what appears to be a 'pupil' with an 'irradiating iris'. Beta-carotene is required for functioning of the eye and carrots contain beta-carotene. The walnut has a hard outer shell, the skull, four divisions, the four hemispheres of the brain, even looks like a brain and has been shown to contain an oil that improves the synapses between the left and right hemispheres of the brain (left = logic, right = imagination). Kidney beans, same name, same shape, same colour and are good for the kidneys. Celery has the same saline content as bones.

I am curing what has been diagnosed as an incurable, degenerative spinal condition. I still do not 'exercise', so no running, jogging, swimming, riding a bike, going to the gym, lifting weights, etc, etc. Mostly it is 'feeding' the physicality with breathing fresh Air, drinking fresh Water and eating fresh food (organic of course ;) ).

I realised that the immune system would function correctly and heal the physicality if I got out of the way and stopped polluting it. While I see the meat industry and factory farming of animals as disgusting, it wasn't the reason that I started eating this way. It was always about healing the physicality.

I might add a 'Garden Fresh' physicality picture to the thread later. :D :thumbup:

Edit:
That was left-overs by the way. I'd already eating about half out what was left over. :D

Last Edit: 20 Oct 2020 02:52 by I AM ALL I AM.

Garden Fresh 22 Oct 2020 08:44 #5

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day.

Here is some information about the Ruth stout Method of gardening .....

Ruth Stout's System for Gardening
Learn how to use mulch to cut down on weeding and heavy labor in your garden by using the Ruth Stout gardening method.
By Ruth Stout

'Mulch Queen' Ruth Stout claimed to have smashed saloons with Carry Nation in Prohibition-era Kansas and worked au natural in her roadside Connecticut garden, but her labor-saving, soil-improving, permanent garden mulching technique is what earned her lasting fame. Stout was born in 1884 and lived to be 96; by the 1950s, she was writing lively gardening books, including How to Have a Green Thumb Without an Aching Back and Gardening Without Work. Both are out of print, but Stout's technique remains consistent with the "no-till" gardening methods soil experts recommend today (see Building Fertile Soil). We thought you might enjoy meeting Stout through this excerpt from Gardening Without Work, which was reprinted most recently by The Lyons Press.
— MOTHER EARTH NEWS

My no-work gardening method is simply to keep a thick mulch of any vegetable matter that rots on both my vegetable and flower garden all year round. As it decays and enriches the soil, I add more. The labor-saving part of my system is that I never plow, spade, sow a cover crop, harrow, hoe, cultivate, weed, water or spray. I use just one fertilizer (cottonseed or soybean meal), and I don't go through that tortuous business of building a compost pile.

I beg everyone to start with a mulch 8 inches deep; otherwise, weeds may come through, and it would be a pity to be discouraged at the very start. But when I am asked how many bales (or tons) of hay are necessary to cover any given area, I can't answer from my own experience, for I gardened in this way for years before I had any idea of writing about it, and therefore didn't keep track of such details.

However, I now have some information on this from Dick Clemence, my A-Number-One adviser. He says, "I should think of 25 50-pound bales as about the minimum for 50 feet by 50 feet, or about a half-ton of loose hay. That should give a fair starting cover, but an equal quantity in reserve would be desirable." That is a better answer than the one I have been giving, which is: You need at least twice as much as you would think.

What Should I Use for Mulch?

Spoiled or regular hay, straw, leaves, pine needles, sawdust, weeds, garbage — any vegetable matter that rots.

continued at ..... www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/ruth-stouts-system-zmaz04fmzsel#axzz2MfkYLbsW

..... there are loads of videos on youtube about the Ruth Stout Method. There is a Japanese author that has written a book called 'The straw Revolution' (a friend has it, I haven't read it yet).

Garden Fresh 22 Oct 2020 13:12 #6

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
Gaia wrote:

G'day Gaia.

I dropped off some kale, celery, lemongrass and potatoes to a couple of neighbours as well and I am still deciding whether I will share the carrots with the horses I usually feed organic juicing carrots. ;)

I eat a wholefood plant based 'diet'. Most would call me 'vegan', though I eat honey, so that isn't correct. A 'vegan' will avoid all animal products. I don't consider honey an animal product, it is pollen from flowers collected by the bees.

Funny, I had a conversation with some vegans and non-vegans, and I didn't understand it, you're not harming any bees if you eat (organic) honey.

But it is bee vomit, at least according to this video about honey....

Still I love honey.

I came to the decision to eat based on some things I had worked out after breaking my back while working out how to heal it. Firstly it was completely based on how I gained energy from the 5 elements, so .....

Spirit = Communicate
Fire = Absorb
Air = Breathe
Water = Drink
Earth = Eat

I later found information showing the physicality to be herbivorous. Herbivores have a longer intestinal tract, as do humans. Herbivores sweat through the skin, as do humans. Note Molly pants because she sweats through the tongue, as carnivores do.

Funny, when I started reading I was thinking about Molly and her panting.

I think elephants seat through their ears, right?
Plant foods also have a direct correlation to the human physicality. For instance, carrots cut cross-wise show what appears to be a 'pupil' with an 'irradiating iris'. Beta-carotene is required for functioning of the eye and carrots contain beta-carotene. The walnut has a hard outer shell, the skull, four divisions, the four hemispheres of the brain, even looks like a brain and has been shown to contain an oil that improves the synapses between the left and right hemispheres of the brain (left = logic, right = imagination). Kidney beans, same name, same shape, same colour and are good for the kidneys. Celery has the same saline content as bones.

I am curing what has been diagnosed as an incurable, degenerative spinal condition. I still do not 'exercise', so no running, jogging, swimming, riding a bike, going to the gym, lifting weights, etc, etc. Mostly it is 'feeding' the physicality with breathing fresh Air, drinking fresh Water and eating fresh food (organic of course ;) ).

That is grave, such a condition. My back is not the best, but luckily not broken. But don't you miss the proteins I wonder?

Why not eating eggs? Eggs are a superfood. And organic very tasty.
I realised that the immune system would function correctly and heal the physicality if I got out of the way and stopped polluting it. While I see the meat industry and factory farming of animals as disgusting, it wasn't the reason that I started eating this way. It was always about healing the physicality.

I might add a 'Garden Fresh' physicality picture to the thread later. :D :thumbup:

Edit:
That was left-overs by the way. I'd already eating about half out what was left over. :D

Yes, the meat industry sucks. But at the same time we know their fake meat agenda. And meat makes you smarter, especially with a ketogenic diet (leaving aside the carbs). It really makes you think much clearer. I eat carbs now, but will go back to keto again.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Garden Fresh 23 Oct 2020 00:07 #7

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
Gaia wrote:
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
Gaia wrote:

G'day Gaia.

Funny, I had a conversation with some vegans and non-vegans, and I didn't understand it, you're not harming any bees if you eat (organic) honey.

But it is bee vomit, at least according to this video about honey....

Still I love honey.

G'day Gaia.

I've 'discussed' it with 'vegans'. Honer is not an animal product in the sense that it is not a dead animal and neither is it 'forced' from the animal as with milking.

I started seeing everything energetically and what I gave out I got back. So if I supported monoculture factory farming of animals (enslavement of living beings), then that is what I will get back (enslavement).

A mate has a lot of 'exotic' birds at his place. Huge cages. I'd driven him into town and we were heading back when he brought up that he had gone overboard on the birds. As he believes in the what you give out you get back philosophy, I pointed out what he was giving out by caging up birds. He looked at me and you could see it sink in. Long story short, he had someone else over and the next day they drove him into town instead of me, he got busted with some herb and was locked up.

No coincidences. ;)
-
Gaia wrote:

Spirit = Communicate
Fire = Absorb
Air = Breathe
Water = Drink
Earth = Eat

Funny, when I started reading I was thinking about Molly and her panting.

I think elephants seat through their ears, right?

I've seen documentaries where you can see an elephant covered in sweat, all over the physicality, so they more than likely sweat through the ears as well.
-
Gaia wrote:

That is grave, such a condition. My back is not the best, but luckily not broken. But don't you miss the proteins I wonder?

Why not eating eggs? Eggs are a superfood. And organic very tasty.

Protein deficiency is a myth, as is a lack of B12.

The starving children you see in pictures from Africa are an example of protein deficiency. Note the distended stomach even though they child is basically skin and bones. In other words, you'd have to be starving to become protein deficient. Chick Peas have a way higher percentage of protein than meat. There are other examples of a higher protein content in plants than meat. pound for pound, the strongest species on the planet are predominantly herbivores ... elephants, horses, gorilla.

For B12, well, you have a bacteria in your intestinal tract that produces 90% of the B12 that your physicality utilises.

As to eggs, well, I originally stopped drinking milk because it is 'Mothers milk' for another species, specifically designed to build the physicality of that species. Eating an egg would be equivalent to eating the monthly 'discharge' of your girlfriend.

I eat first and foremost for nutritional purposes. By feeding the immune system an organic whole food plant based variety then I am providing it with everything required to sustain the physicality and repair any and all damage. The 'job' of the immune system is to keep the physicality in a state of homeostasis. a balanced state of health. If you cut the skin, you don't have to think about healing it nor tell the immune system to start healing it. It does it automatically. I simply got out of the way of the immune system and let it do its 'job'. :thumbup:
-
Gaia wrote:

Edit:

Yes, the meat industry sucks. But at the same time we know their fake meat agenda. And meat makes you smarter, especially with a ketogenic diet (leaving aside the carbs). It really makes you think much clearer. I eat carbs now, but will go back to keto again.

:D I used to tell people that asked me about what I ate that diet is 'die' with a 't' in it. :D

I have lived with people that have done different 'diets', fruitarian, paleo, gluten free, low carb, high carb, high protein, raw, etc, etc. I always come back to the simple idea of what would you do in nature.

Would you walk up to a cow in nature and start suckling from it?

Would you attempt to work out the ph balance of a food prior to eating it?

For me, if it comes from the earth I eat it. :thumbup:

Garden Fresh 27 Oct 2020 00:25 #8

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day.

Click the spoiler for an in depth look at the B12 issue .....

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

..... although, if you look at the issue in a logical manner, you can see that the whole B12 'deficiency' issue is a myth. For example ...

1. The only way to get B12 is by eating animals.
2 The animals that you eat are predominantly herbivores.
3. Where do these herbivores get their B12 from if they do not eat animals?

A friend made a great observation when she stated that, "You are what you absorb", not simply what you eat.

All cells are in a constant state of absorbing and excreting, as is the organism as a whole. If there are any health issues, then they can be traced back to a deficiency in absorption and / or excretion.

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."
Hippocrates

I actually went looking for a couple of articles that I had posted up on Infy way back when. The above article might actually be one of them about the B12 myth, this one below is different. It is actually stating that carnivores sweat through the paws. It has an interesting classification broken down into carnivores, omnivores, herbivores and frugivores, with tables highlighting the the differences between each.

Are Humans Carnivore by Nature?

As a vegan you often hear that we humans have always eaten meat and that we are carnivores or at least omnivores by nature. For a long time, animal products have been regarded as a central component of our diet since primeval times.

However, researchers have found out that our food has always been strongly plant-based. This is indicated by many anatomical and physiological characteristics. So, are we humans anatomically more like a natural carnivore or a natural herbivore?

In order to clarify this, we take a closer look at the anatomy of the different types of nutrition. In addition, we compare the characteristics of carnivores, omnivores, herbivores and frugivores to those of us humans.
continued at ... www.discover-vegan.com/en/are-humans-meat-eaters-by-nature/?cn-reloaded=1

Which it appears that 'humans' fit in with frugivores.

"Frugivores (fruit eaters) | Monkeys, elephants, many birds | Fruits, vegetables, plants, nuts, sometimes insects"

There are actually a lot of correlations presented. Good article. :thumbup:

Edit:
The above link can be read in English and German for those that would prefer to read it in German. ;)

Last Edit: 27 Oct 2020 00:34 by I AM ALL I AM.

Garden Fresh 27 Oct 2020 01:11 #9

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day.

Some information regarding protein ...
-

Before I offer my criticism, which is minor compared to the story this chart tells – that plants provide protein in amounts that easily satisfy the RDA or any other special needs – let me reiterate: You don’t have to eat animals to get enough protein.

Here’s the thing … it’s a bit misleading to list foods per 100 grams. For example, 100 grams of pumpkin seeds is about 3/4 of a cup and contains close to 10 grams of fat. That would be a lot to eat in a sitting, or even in a day. A couple tablespoons is ~18 grams and provides only about 4 grams of protein, nothing near that 32.97g. On the other hand, 3/4 cup of cooked kidney beans provides over 12 grams of protein and almost no fat. So even though kidney beans are low on this chart, they are, realistically, a better source of protein. A chart based on typical serving size would be more useful.

fanaticcook.com/2015/11/24/vegan-protein-chart/

Artichokes – 8 grams of protein per cup: Great source of vitamin C, fibre, potassium, and magnesium

Asparagus – 4.5 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of B vitamins and folate

Avocado – 4 grams of protein per cup: Loaded with vitamins C, E, K, and B6 as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium

Black Beans – 15 grams of protein per cup: Great source of antioxidants, fibre, folate, copper, manganese, thiamine, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron

Broccoli – 4 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of calcium, vitamin C, fibre, and B vitamins

Chickpeas – 15 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of fibre, iron, folate, phosphorus, potassium, and manganese

Edamame – 20 grams per cup: Great source of vitamin K1, folate, thiamine, riboflavin, iron, copper, and manganese

Green Peas – 9 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, and several B vitamins as well as fibre, folate, manganese, and vitamins A, C, and K

Kidney Beans – 13 grams of protein per cup: Great source of calcium, vitamin C, fibre, and B vitamins

Lentils – 18 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of fibre, thiamine, folate, manganese, and vitamins A, C, and K

Pinto Beans – 12 grams of protein per cup: Great source of molybdenum, folate, fibre, copper, manganese, phosphorus, vitamins B12 and B6, magnesium, potassium, and iron

Spinach – 5 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of vitamins A, C, E, K, and B6 as well as niacin, zinc, fibre, thiamine, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese

100 Per Cent Whole Wheat Pasta – 8 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of B vitamins and iron

Almonds – 21 grams of protein per 100 grams: Great source of vitamin E, manganese, biotin, copper, magnesium, molybdenum, riboflavin, and phosphorus

Amaranth – 7 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of iron, B vitamins, and magnesium

Buckwheat – 24 grams of protein per cup: Great source of antioxidants, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin, zinc, iron, folate, and vitamin B6

Chia Seeds – 5 grams of protein per 2 tablespoons: Great source of calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, boron, niacin, and vitamins B, D, and E, and contains 8.7 times the omega-3 fatty acids found in wild Atlantic salmon

Ezekiel Bread – 8 grams of protein per two slices: Great source of fibre, folate, beta-carotene, and vitamins C and E

Hemp Seeds – 15.5 grams of protein per half cup: Great source of magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids

Millet – 6 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of niacin, folate, thiamine, riboflavin, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, calcium, zinc, and phytochemicals

Peanut Butter – 7 grams of protein per two tablespoons: Great source of magnesium, potassium, and vitamins B6 and E

Pistachios – 21 grams of protein per 100 grams: Great source of copper, manganese, thiamine, phosphorus, and vitamin B6

Pumpkin Seeds – 6 grams of protein per half cup: Great source of magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc

Quinoa – 8 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of fibre, iron, manganese, phosphorus, and magnesium

Sunflower Seeds – 6 grams of protein per quarter cup: Great source of manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, folate, niacin, thiamine, and vitamins E and B6

Wild Rice – 7 grams of protein per cooked cup: Great source of fibre, manganese, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and B vitamins as well as an excellent source of iron, folate, and potassium

Nutritional Yeast – 9 grams of protein per two tablespoons (5.7 grams in parmesan cheese): Good source of fibre, zinc, magnesium, copper, manganese, and all the B vitamins, including B12

Seitan – 25 grams of protein per 100 grams (25 grams of protein in a steak): Great source of selenium

Soy Milk – 8 grams of protein per cup (8 grams in cows’ milk): Great source of potassium, isoflavones, and vitamins A and B12, and often fortified with calcium and vitamin D

Tempeh – 41 grams of protein per cup (20 grams in a chicken breast): Great source of probiotics, B vitamins, and minerals such as magnesium and phosphorus

Tofu – 20 grams of protein per cup (12 grams in two hard-boiled eggs): Great source of calcium, manganese, copper, selenium, phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, zinc, and thiamine

www.peta.org.au/living/vegan-foods-crazy-high-protein/

Garden Fresh 27 Oct 2020 03:07 #10

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 72, right winger, Christian, English
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
...plants provide protein...let me reiterate: You don’t have to eat animals to get enough protein...

Listen mate, when my body tells me it wants a nice juicy steak, we'd be playing a very dangerous game denying it what it wants.
Eating grassy stuff don't appeal to me at all..:)

Garden Fresh 27 Oct 2020 04:17 #11

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
Ugh wrote:
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
...plants provide protein...let me reiterate: You don’t have to eat animals to get enough protein...

Listen mate, when my body tells me it wants a nice juicy steak, we'd be playing a very dangerous game denying it what it wants.
Eating grassy stuff don't appeal to me at all..:)

G'day Ugh.

That voice in your head is not your body talking to you Ugh. ;) :D

Des the voice tell you to burn ,,,umm cook it before you eat it? :D

Sitting down to dinner must be like eating a burnt sacrifice huh. :hahano:

All jokes aside, it is your physicality mate, you are entitled to put whatever you choose to into it. :thumbup:
-
Why Some Butchers Are Adding Carbon Monoxide to Raw Meat Sold In Supermarkets

Garden Fresh 27 Oct 2020 23:16 #12

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Tidal said-..when my body tells me it wants a nice juicy steak, we'd be playing a very dangerous game denying it what it wants..
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
G'day Ugh.
That voice in your head is not your body talking to you Ugh. ;) :D

In my cycling glory days I'd have cracked after a few miles if I wasn't a meat-eater, but as it was I was able to complete gruelling rides such as a 100-mile Reliability Trial in midwinter, my body powered by pork pies and ham sandwiches etc en route because it was craving meaty stuff to make it go.. :coolio:

Hey, earlier this year i was reading a book of true anecdotes about the Aussie flyng doctor service and in one story a bloke was lost in the outback and nearly starving, and when he was rescued he ravenously tucked into a huge meal including steaks because that's what his body craved, and afterwards he said "I completely forgot I was a vegetarian".
Like I said, our body knows best what it wants..:)
Last Edit: 27 Oct 2020 23:39 by Ugh.

Garden Fresh 28 Oct 2020 05:37 #13

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
Guest1041 wrote:
Hi I AM....

Do you know what your blood-group is?

My blood group is 0+, the most common one, and is is apparently a blood-group mutation from the diet of hunter gatherers. As such the ideal diet is high in fats and animal proteins, many things which vegans and vegetarians have in their diet really don't suit my metabolism.

However I have two friends here who are both Vegetarians and border-line vegans. Their blood group is A and for their metabolism they should specifically avoid meat, which suits them.

I do not think everyone can adopt a meat free diet and I would suggest that it may be beneficial to certain blood-groups but detrimental to others.

www.befitandfine.com/blood-group-diet-blood-type/

G'day Guest1041.

Red. ;) :D

I actually don't know. I have looked into the blood type diet a long while ago now. I would have to take another look for specifics. Basically I do not 'buy into' the idea that I had to work out my blood type before I could consume something. If it works for you keep at it. As Bruce Lee stated, use what works, discard what doesn't. :thumbup:

For me, I enjoy the simplicity of .....

Spirit = Communicate
Fire = Absorb
Air = Breathe
Water = Drink
Earth = Eat

..... so I don't get confused. ;) :D

Garden Fresh 29 Oct 2020 03:48 #14

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
A balanced diet is important which of course includes meat AND veg, here's a pic of our vegetable plot from my fictional post-apocalyptic 'Doomsday Hall' survival group thread-

truth-zone.net/forum/health-and-wellbeing/73207-the-apocalypse-thread.html
Last Edit: 29 Oct 2020 03:51 by Ugh.

Garden Fresh 07 Nov 2020 06:43 #15

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day.

Here are some spring onions that I bought and left around 1 inch when I chopped/used them. I then put them in some water and they are grwoing back, root and all. Next they will be put into the garden or a pot and can be harvested every 4-6 weeks.

The cabbage is from a garden I put in for a neighbour and I was keeping it 'fresh' by having the stem in water as I am not running a fridge at the moment. The root system is starting to grow from the stem and by the time I finish the cabbage leaf it will be ready to go back in the ground. From now on I will simply chop it in the garden and let it regrow, which is what I usually do for the spring onions.

This also works with carrots, though I put them straight back into the garden after having cut them, leaving around 1 inch to regrow from.

A friend has said that she does this with onions, so I am going to be testing out a variety of plants and see how well the regrowth works for an easy second crop ... third, fourth, etc. I actually had some spring onions regrow 5 times last year and have shallots in the garden that I regularly harvest by leaving 1 inch at the base each time and they are on their 3rd-4th regrowth.

Even if you get only one second crop you have doubled the value of your original investment when you bought the food.

So I will be doing some experimenting this coming year after expanding the garden over the next few months and will post the results. :thumbup:

User(s) who Liked this post: backfromthebrink

Garden Fresh 19 Nov 2020 23:05 #16

Looking good
I love growing ,gardening

Gaia is right honey is bees puke .
Just like
Chicken eggs are periods ,delicious :nea:

Grow some comfrey on your land to use as a fertalizer,it's amazing ,I use it added with nettles....

Burnt offerings ,better not deny that one lol ....ohhh to partake in a satanic ritual ,because that's what it is.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare