Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sumerians and the Anunnaki. Presentation By Zecharia Sitchin

Sumerians and the Anunnaki. Presentation By Zecharia Sitchin 06 Oct 2012 06:33 #21

• ftil
  • Fresh Member
Originally posted by novum

Yes, comparative mythology is one term used for those comparisons/similarities.

I wouldn't take seriously comparative mythology. We have Freud thinkers, Jung lovers, and Campbell followers. :D No thanks no. Scholars criticized Jung and Campbell for “romanticizing” Hindu religion. I was laughing when I was watching Campbell’s presentation about Mystery religion. It doesn't take that long to study mythology and mysteries cults to see absurdity of his claims. :rofl:
I don’t even want to waste my time talking about Freud. :chuckle: Jung was never a cup of my coffee. I would prefer to read Ficino or Bruno. ;)
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012 06:35 by ftil.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Sumerians and the Anunnaki. Presentation By Zecharia Sitchin 07 Oct 2012 03:37 #22

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
@ftil,

Personally I think your rather black and white approach to recognising different people works and levels of authority seems rather shallow and closed minded. To me the stance you're taking means that you're unable to extract the rational elements from a body of work from a particular person simply because you do not give credit to that persons work.

You also seem to rely heavily of fallacious arguments and criticisms to establish yourself as an intellectual and well researched person. When clearly you have selected certain people and their work as the basis of your own opinion. When IMHO it would be better to form an own opinions based on the works of all those who present it for public scrutiny. I think that anyone can present elements of genius and original thought while at the same time dispense other information and ideas that are extremely flawed. It would seem to me that those moments of genius will pass you by taking your approach to people and their work. It will also prevent you from discovering or investigating areas of your own mind - preventing you from reaching your own moments of genius.

Each to their own I guess.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

Sumerians and the Anunnaki. Presentation By Zecharia Sitchin 07 Oct 2012 05:51 #23

• ftil
  • Fresh Member
Frog wrote:
@ftil,

Personally I think your rather black and white approach to recognising different people works and levels of authority seems rather shallow and closed minded. To me the stance you're taking means that you're unable to extract the rational elements from a body of work from a particular person simply because you do not give credit to that persons work.

You also seem to rely heavily of fallacious arguments and criticisms to establish yourself as an intellectual and well researched person. When clearly you have selected certain people and their work as the basis of your own opinion. When IMHO it would be better to form an own opinions based on the works of all those who present it for public scrutiny. I think that anyone can present elements of genius and original thought while at the same time dispense other information and ideas that are extremely flawed. It would seem to me that those moments of genius will pass you by taking your approach to people and their work. It will also prevent you from discovering or investigating areas of your own mind - preventing you from reaching your own moments of genius.

Each to their own I guess.

LOL! Thanks for good laughter.

white and black approach to recognizing different people work and levels of authority seems rather shallow and closed minded.……It that so? Let me reiterate as you didn’t understand what I said.

First, I spent time to read what a number of scholars wrote about Sitchin’s work. I took time to study about Sumerian, Babylonian, Assyrian, and Phoenician gods and goddesses. Not conspiracy theories but real scholars work. It was enough to make up my mind that Sitchin is a fraud.

Second, with delight I read Diego Cuoghi website where he debunked UFO website. I didn't stop there as I found a good reason to explore Medieval art. You may think as you wrote twice that I am close minded because I don’t buy BS but do research on my own to make up my mind. :rofl:

Finally, I never try to extract rational element from a work of a fraud.LOL! I start with scholars in particular field to learn what they said. I don’t waste my time for BS anymore.

to establish yourself as an intellectual and well researched person….LOL! I don’t have any need to become anybody else than myself. I love art and I am passionate about religion and mythology. Well, the greatest painters were fascinated with Greek/Roman mythology, so am I.

I will tell you something. Several years ago, my friend tired to encourage me to read Joseph Campbell’s books. I didn't even want to think about it, believing that it was not a cup of my coffee. Thanks to conspiracy forums I got quite interested about that subject. In fact, my interest and curiosity got stronger as artifacts or paintings I posted were deleted and thread closed. I am not talking only about conspiracy forums but literature forum. They have done a great job to awaken my passion to dig deep into mythology and religions……for sure unintentionally. :killinme:

It will also prevent you from discovering or investigating areas of your own mind — preventing you from reaching your own moments of genius. :rofl: For your knowledge primal creativity was an area of my another passion and study. Try to impress me…

On a final note, don't even try to put me down.....I have developed immunity to such behaviors after many attacks from masons and occultists. :chuckle:

So, why don't you find somebody else who enjoys BS. :chuckle:
Last Edit: 07 Oct 2012 05:54 by ftil.

Sumerians and the Anunnaki. Presentation By Zecharia Sitchin 04 Sep 2014 07:56 #24

• zax
  • Gold Member