Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 20 Apr 2015 14:44 #1

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Inspired by => If I Were The ''Devil''..
Directly related to => Has America Ceased To Exist?

The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else

For over 65 years, the United States war machine has been on auto pilot.
Since World War II, the world has believed that US foreign policy means well,
and that America’s motives in spreading democracy are honorable, even noble.
In this startling and provocative book from William Blum, one of the United States’
leading non-mainstream chroniclers of American foreign policy and author of the
popular online newsletter, Anti-Empire Reports, demonstrates that nothing could
be further from the truth. Moreover, unless this fallacy is unlearned, and until people
understand fully the worldwide suffering American policy has caused, we will never
be able to stop the monster.

Read more => williamblum.org/books/americas-deadliest-export

www.juancole.com/2012/02/us-interventions-in-the-world-since-ww-ii.html

www.warn-usa.com/2014/12/11/cia-stalling-bogus-intelligence-iraq-war/

Blum (German Blume: flower), of course, is a Jewish name more often than not and William Blum is born in 1933 to Polish immigrant parents and I did not read the book yet, thus I don't know whether he uses the typical comparisons with Germany or speaks the truth, I just thought to share this information for further research.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Blum
williamblum.org/about/

He is also the author of

Is the United States a force for democracy? In this classic and unique volume that answers this question, William Blum serves up a forensic overview of U.S. foreign policy spanning sixty years. For those who want the details on our most famous actions (Chile, Cuba, Vietnam, to name a few), and for those who want to learn about our lesser-known efforts (France, China, Bolivia, Brazil, for example), this book provides a window on what our foreign policy goals really are.

If you flip over the rock of American foreign policy of the past century, this is what crawls out… invasions … bombings … overthrowing governments … occupations … suppressing movements for social change … assassinating political leaders … perverting elections … manipulating labor unions … manufacturing “news” … death squads … torture … biological warfare … depleted uranium … drug trafficking … mercenaries …

It’s not a pretty picture. It’s enough to give imperialism a bad name.

williamblum.org/books/killing-hope/

If you believed that the NATO (read U.S.) bombing of Yugoslavia for 78 days and nights in 1999 was a “humanitarian” act, Rogue State hopefully can serve as a wake-up call to both your intellect and your conscience. It is a mini-encyclopedia of the numerous un-humanitarian acts perpetrated by the United States since the end of the Second World War.

williamblum.org/books/rogue-state/
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2015 14:50 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid, peacenik, Drifty

KILLING HOPE - ROGUE STATE - WILLIAM BLUM 20 Apr 2015 15:48 #2

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Read KILLING HOPE online

archive.org/details/fp_Killing_Hope-US_Military_and_CIA_Interventions_Since_WWII-William_Blum
sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2007/02/125025.pdf

Why Terrorists Hate America

by William Blum

September 2002, Common Ground

Why do terrorists hate America enough to give up their lives in order to deal the country
such mortal blows? Of course it’s not America the terrorists hate; it’s American foreign
policy. It’s what the United States has done to the world in the past half century -- all the
violence, the bombings, the depleted uranium, the cluster bombs, the assassinations, the
promotion of torture, the overthrow of governments, and more. The terrorists -- whatever
else they might be -- are also rational human beings; which is to say that in their own minds
they have a rational justification for their actions. Most terrorists are people deeply
concerned by what they see as social, political or religious injustice and hypocrisy, and the
immediate grounds for their terrorism is often retaliation for an action of the United States.

Most Americans find it difficult in the extreme to accept the proposition that terrorist acts
against the United States can be viewed as revenge for Washington’s policies abroad. They
believe that the US is targeted because of its freedom, its democracy, its modernity, its
wealth, or just being part of the West.

But government officials know better. A Department of Defense study in 1997 concluded
that: "Historical data show a strong correlation between US involvement in international
situations and an increase in terrorist attacks against the United States."
Former president
Jimmy Carter, some years after he left the White House, was unambiguous in his
concordance with such a sentiment: "We sent Marines into Lebanon and you only have to go
to Lebanon, to Syria or to Jordan to witness first-hand the intense hatred among many people
for the United States because we bombed and shelled and unmercifully killed totally
innocent villagers -- women and children and farmers and housewives -- in those villages
around Beirut. . . . As a result of that . . . we became kind of a Satan in the minds of those
who are deeply resentful."

The terrorists responsible for the bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993 sent a letter to
the New York Times which stated, in part: "We declare our responsibility for the explosion
on the mentioned building. This action was done in response for the American political,
economical, and military support to Israel the state of terrorism and to the rest of the dictator
countries in the region."

For more than four months the most powerful nation in history rained down a daily storm of
missiles upon one of the poorest and most backward people in the world. Eventually, this
question pressed itself onto the world’s stage: Who killed more innocent, defenseless
people? The terrorists in the United States on September 11 with their flying bombs? Or the
Americans in Afghanistan with their AGM-86D cruise missiles, their AGM-130 missiles,
their 15,000 pound "daisy cutter" bombs, their depleted uranium, and their cluster bombs?
By year’s end, the count of the terrorists’ victims in New York, Washington and
Pennsylvania stood at about 3,000. The total count of civilian dead in Afghanistan was
essentially ignored by American officials and just about everyone else, but a painstaking
compilation of numerous individual reports from the domestic and international media, aid
agencies, and the United Nations, by an American professor -- hunting down the many
separate incidents of 100-plus counts of the dead, the scores of dead, the dozens, and the
smaller numbers -- arrived at considerably more than 3,500 through early December , and
still counting.

The American scorched-earth bombing of Afghanistan may well turn out to be a political
train wreck. Can it be doubted that thousands throughout the Muslim world were emotionally
and spiritually recruited to the cause of the next Osama bin Laden by the awful ruination and
perceived injustice? That is to say, the next generation of terrorists. Indeed, in December,
while the American bombs were still falling on Afghanistan, a man -- British citizen Richard
Reid, who was a convert to Islam -- tried to blow up an American Airlines plane en route to
the United States with explosives hidden in his shoes. At the London mosque that Reid had
attended, the cleric in charge warned that extremists were enlisting other young men like
Reid and that agents aligned with radical Muslim figures had stepped up recruiting efforts
since September 11. The cleric said that he knew of "hundreds of Richard Reids" recruited in
Britain. Reid, described in the press as a "drifter," reportedly traveled to Israel, Egypt, the
Netherlands, and Belgium before arriving in Paris and boarding the American Airlines plane.
This raises the question of who was financing him. The freezing of numerous bank accounts
of alleged terrorist groups throughout the world by the United States may have rather limited
effect.

Americans do not feel any more secure in their places of work, in their places of leisure, or
in their travels than they did a day before their government’s bombings began.

Has the power elite learned anything? Here’s James Woolsey, former Director of the CIA,
speaking in December in Washington, advocating an invasion of Iraq and unconcerned about
the response of the Arab world: "The silence of the Arab public in the wake of America’s
victories in Afghanistan,"
he said, proves that "only fear will re-establish respect for the U.S."
What, then, can the United States do to end terrorism directed against it? The answer lies in
removing the anti-American motivations of the terrorists. To achieve this, American foreign
policy will have to undergo a metamorphosis.

If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days.
Permanently. I would first apologize to all the widows and orphans, the tortured and
impoverished, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. Then I
would announce, in all sincerity, to every corner of the world, that America’s global
interventions have come to an end, and inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the
USA but now -- oddly enough -- a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget
by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims. There would be more
than enough money. One year’s military budget of 330 billion dollars is equal to more than
$18,000 an hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born. That’s what I’d do on my first
three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I’d be assassinated.

William Blum is the author of Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II
and Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower
Email:
Copyright © 2003 Common Ground Publishing Corp.
Reprinted for Fair Use Only.
Mirrored from its source at: www.commonground.ca/iss/0209134/134Blum.shtml
www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/WhyThateUS.html
www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/WhyThateUS.pdf

Who killed more innocent, defenseless people?
The terrorists in the United States on September 11 with their flying bombs?
Or the Americans in Afghanistan with their AGM-86D cruise missiles, their AGM-130 missiles,
their 15,000 pound "daisy cutter" bombs, their depleted uranium, and their cluster bombs?

Makes you wonder whether he got it meanwhile ....
the bitter truth, I mean.

:hmm:

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2015 16:01 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Drifty

KILLING HOPE - ROGUE STATE - WILLIAM BLUM 20 Apr 2015 22:47 #3

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY

CONTENTS, INTRODUCTION and INDEX pdf

www.zedbooks.co.uk/sites/default/files/Americas_Deadliest_Export_online_sample.pdf

Still looking for the free online book, no download, in case you want to help.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2015 22:48 by PFIZIPFEI.

KILLING HOPE - ROGUE STATE - WILLIAM BLUM 21 Apr 2015 10:48 #4

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Quite interesting conversation:

Carlos said:
To Andreas Moser:

As a Latin American, My experience of US troops or US interferenece is vastly different from your experience as a German and European. The first country the USA invaded was Cuba in 1898. The first foreign government ever toppled by the State Department was that of Cipriano Castro in Venezuela, in 1908.

As you can see, Nazi Germany didn´t even exist. Or the Soviet Union, for that matter.

It can be argued that you were liberated by the US..and the USSR. It is completely justifiable your fear of the Warsaw pact. But we saw the Soviet bloc in a very different way from you.
For you, the American presence began in 1945, and was justified. For us, it began in 1898 and was hardly justified.

Nevertheless, there are STILL american military presence in Europe, something that even the US public opinion finds difficult to understand.

Greetings.

JTMcPhee said:
And any idea, Carlos, how many “US” troops are manning the “forward bases” in Costa Rica and so many other “inoffensive little nations in America’s Sphere of Influence?” One slightly dated look: link to unidir.org

And how many “littoral combat vessels” are deployed in your back and front yards? Here’s one among many discursions on the “necessity” for a couple of BRIGADES of “US” Marines and a couple of hundred helicopters and 70-odd, really odd if you look at the pictures in “Jane’s All The World’s Warships,” combat and support vessels… Too bad US public opinion is all about adrenaline and testosterone, so who gives a toot about “trillions for ‘deeeefense,’ and not one cent for common sense.”

Part of the stuff behind the fig leaf called “the war on drugs,” which has its own sui-genesis, now doesn’t it?

Marco said:
The first country the US invaded was Canada during the War of 1812. But the first Latin American nation that suffered an US war of agression was Mexico in 1845. Mexico lost half of its territory as a result of that intervention.

Tim the Plumber said:
“The first country the USA invaded was Cuba in 1898. The first foreign government ever toppled by the State Department was that of Cipriano Castro in Venezuela, in 1908.”

Arn’t we overlooking the war of 1812? USA invaded Canada/British empire. The USA lost the war.

www.juancole.com/2012/02/us-interventions-in-the-world-since-ww-ii.html

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 21 Apr 2015 17:00 by PFIZIPFEI.

America's Deadliest Export: "Democracy" - Interview with William Blum 27 Apr 2015 18:25 #5

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Pastor Anderson: "AMERICAN SNIPER" (Deutsche Untertitel) 30 Apr 2015 17:06 #6

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

John Stockwell exposes worldwide crimes committed by the USA - more than 6 million dead only until 1990 05 May 2015 16:05 #7

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

John Stockwell exposes worldwide crimes committed by the USA
- more than 6 million dead only until 1990

English w German subs

John R. Stockwell (born 1937) is a former CIA officer who became a critic of United States government policies
after serving seven tours of duty over thirteen years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stockwell

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

In the name of the 'god's' chosen ... 18 Jun 2015 15:05 #8

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Video description:

Parody dedicated to the politicians that kiss Israel's ass, making us Americans subservient to Israeli (Jewish) interests.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

In the name of the 'god's' chosen ... 24 Jan 2016 17:18 #9

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Deleted video of #7

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 24 Jan 2016 17:19 by PFIZIPFEI.

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 25 Jan 2016 11:50 #10

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
For all the USA's failings, does anybody think the world would be in a better place now if the Russians or the Chinese had been the predominant world power?

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - Murder Is Washington’s Foreign Policy — Paul Craig Roberts 08 Mar 2016 14:44 #11

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Murder Is Washington’s Foreign Policy

Washington has a long history of massacring people, for example, the destruction of the Plains Indians by the Union war criminals Sherman and Sheridan and the atomic bombs dropped on Japanese civilian populations, but Washington has progressed from periodic massacres to fulltime massacring. From the Clinton regime forward, massacre of civilians has become a defining characteristic of the United States of America.

Washington is responsible for the destruction of Yugoslavia and Serbia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, and part of Syria. Washington has enabled Saudi Arabia’s attack on Yemen, Ukraine’s attack on its former Russian provinces, and Israel’s destruction of Palestine and the Palestinian people.

The American state’s murderous rampage through the Middle East and North Africa was enabled by the Europeans who provided diplomatic and military cover for Washington’s crimes. Today the Europeans are suffering the consequences as they are over-run by millions of refugees from Washington’s wars. The German women who are raped by the refugees can blame their chancellor, a Washington puppet, for enabling the carnage from which refugees flee to Europe.

In the article below Mattea Kramer points out that Washington has added to its crimes the mass murder of civilians with drones and missile strikes on weddings, funerals, children’s soccer games, medical centers and people’s homes. Nothing can better illustrate the absence of moral integrity and moral conscience of the American state and the population that tolerates it than the cavalier disregard of the thousands of murdered innocents as “collateral damage.” www.tomdispatch.com/post/176110/tomgram:_mattea_kramer,_the_grief_of_others_and_the_boasts_of_candidates/

If there is any outcry from Washington’s European, Canadian, Australian, and Japanese vassals, it is too muted to be heard in the US.

As Kramer points out, American presidential hopefuls are competing on the basis of who will commit the worst war crimes. A leading candidate has endorsed torture, despite its prohibition under US and international law. The candidate proclaims that “torture works” — as if that is a justification — despite the fact that experts know that it does not work. Almost everyone being tortured will say anything in order to stop the torture. Most of those tortured in the “war on terror” have proven to have been innocents. They don’t know the answers to the questions even if they were prepared to give truthful answers. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn relates that Soviet dissidents likely to be picked up and tortured by the Soviet secret police would memorize names on gravestones in order to comply with demands for the names of their accomplices. In this way, torture victims could comply with demands without endangering innocents.

Washington’s use of invasion, bombings, and murder by drone as its principle weapon against terrorists is mindless. It shows a government devoid of all intelligence, focused on killing alone. Even a fool understands that violence creates terrorists. Washington hasn’t even the intelligence of fools.

The American state now subjects US citizens to execution without due process of law despite the strict prohibition by the US Constitution. Washington’s lawlessness toward others now extends to the American people themselves.

The only possible conclusion is that under Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama the US government has become an unaccountable, lawless, criminal organization and is a danger to the entire world and its own citizens.

— Paul Craig Roberts

Source: www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/03/04/murder-is-washingtons-foreign-policy-paul-craig-roberts/
German article: info.kopp-verlag.de/hintergruende/enthuellungen/dr-paul-craig-roberts/washingtons-aussenpolitik-ist-mord.html

Ref. on TZ:

- Loads and loads and loads of threads ....

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 08 Mar 2016 23:20 #12

• Flare
"Freedom is not a measure of good, but good is the measure of freedom." - Bishop Williamson

ww2truth.com/

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 09 Mar 2016 15:14 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Ten Secret Prisons

Where The US Government

Tortures The Innocent

:right: www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/02/11/ten-secret-prisons-where-the-us-government-tortures-the-innocent/

... and these are no longe "secret prisons", if you can read
about them on the internet.
So you might have a guess what is really going on ...
worldwide, but especially in all countries that were
"demo(n)cratised" by bombing and unthinkable bloodshed
in the name of "God" (wealth) and "Peace" (power) since at
least a hundred years by we-all-know-who.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 09 Mar 2016 15:32 #14

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Nice to see Pfiz endorsing a left wing historian of Jewish ancestry.
No surprise really, Blum was also favourite of the late Osama bin Laden.
More here...
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/20/AR2006012001971.html
IMO and it is just an opinion, I cannot know for sure.
Blum never stopped work for the State Department and his 'radical' Free Press activities followed by the books served as useful 'tracking markers' to TPTB.
For sure they would know who bought Blum's publications where and when.
No doubt Blum also maintained a list of active 'fan base' contacts.
Only a theory and I could be wrong.
Last Edit: 09 Mar 2016 15:43 by GMP.

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 09 Mar 2016 15:55 #15

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I do not mind whose mouth the truth comes from.
I never did.
I only despise disinfo artists and liars.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 09 Mar 2016 16:33 #16

• GMP
  • Silver Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I do not mind whose mouth the truth comes from.
I never did.
I only despise disinfo artists and liars.

Good call, Blum's CV though.
Seems suspect to me.
Each to her own though Pfiz.

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 03 Jul 2016 23:40 #17

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

EXPORTS are stagnating ... now the evil powers are getting ready for another inside job ...?

What Is The Government Preparing For?

You may not be getting prepared for a major national disaster, but the government sure is. I have been informed that in recent months numerous emergency food companies have been contacted by the government, and they have been told that their inventories could potentially be seized in the event of a significant emergency. And as you will see below, the government recently participated in an exercise that simulated “an unprecedented global food crisis lasting as long as a decade”. In addition, NPR has just revealed details about the very secretive Strategic National Stockpile program that is storing billions of dollars worth of medical supplies in warehouses around the nation. This is a program that most Americans do not even know exists. On top of everything else, strange reports of military vehicles with UN markings have been coming in from all over the nation. So what in the world is the government up to? Why are they working so feverishly hard to get prepared?

Let’s begin our discussion with the Strategic National Stockpile. According to NPR, there are at least six of these warehouses at various locations around the country, and they are holding at least seven billion dollars worth of supplies…

READ MORE or don't: theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/what-is-the-government-preparing-for

German article: info.kopp-verlag.de/hintergruende/enthuellungen/michael-snyder/auf-welche-katastrophe-bereitet-sich-die-amerikanische-regierung-vor-.html

Reference on TZ:

=> The WHITE HELMET spouse of Jo Cox truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/67335-british-mp-jo-cox-has-died-after-brutal-stabbing-shooting-attack-police.html?start=120#220324
=> UN - what is this, who created it, how, when and for what reason? truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/60509-un-what-is-this-who-created-it-how-when-and-for-what-reason.html
=> Has America Ceased To Exist? truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/63907-has-america-ceased-to-exist.html
=> USA Bombing Hospitals Again ... truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/65959-usa-bombing-hospitals-again.html

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2016 23:54 by PFIZIPFEI.

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 04 Jul 2016 08:14 #18

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Having read Rogue State a long time ago, I find it hard to believe that the US's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan has been controlled by, and ultimately benefits, Israel. If anything, it has made its place in the ME even more precarious.

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 21 Oct 2016 16:27 #19

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

America’s Deadliest Export: DEMOCRACY - William Blum - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else 21 Oct 2016 17:05 #20

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
How can America export what they do no have?
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare