Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Old Gaelic Order and OBOD

The Old Gaelic Order and OBOD 11 Mar 2016 16:00 #21

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Good to see you back on TZ Robert.
:)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Old Gaelic Order and OBOD 11 Mar 2016 19:04 #22

• Robert Baird
TY

I don't know if I am Baaaaack or not.

I spent some days at Project Avalon and had some christian invading my thread on archaeomythology with Talbott and Velikovsky telling me I should only post in their threads already underway, as if they know squat about Graves or any thing related to god and the pantheon of cults derived from such Cultural Marxist tyranny (Projection) LOL.

But there are exterior though connected forms like our chakras within (7) and without (5) that are memetically mimed and awaiting to influence our plastic potential evolution. Or is that an entirely too unthought - full thing to say?

www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Model_of_the_Multidimensional_Universe.html
User(s) who Liked this post: GMP

The Old Gaelic Order and OBOD 20 Mar 2016 19:30 #23

• Robert Baird
The issue of Blake being the arch-druid of OBOD is like most of their claims - they are at best neo-Druids! There is no doubt Wikipedia gets a great deal wrong in their articles on Druids as they spend so much time focused on a word "Druid"; without any comment on the language schools of two millennia earlier that developed all the Mediterranean (And likely most other alphabets in the world.) languages which they do cover in a separate linguistic article. Yes, the Finn-oecians or Phoenicians are Keltic elites and the "people of" or Tuatha.

But they say Blake may have been part of the earlier order which also was just Neo-Druidism (ADO). So my 15 year member of OBOD who said they have good scholars, and I offered to debate them - over a month ago, is just another poser or flake.

"From the 18th century, England and Wales experienced a revival of interest in the druids. John Aubrey (1626–1697) had been the first modern writer to (incorrectly) connect Stonehenge and other megalithic monuments with the druids; since Aubrey's views were confined to his notebooks, the first wide audience for this idea were readers of William Stukeley (1687–1765).[78] It is incorrectly believed that John Toland (1670–1722) founded the Ancient Druid Order however the research of historian Ronald Hutton has revealed that the ADO was founded by George Watson MacGregor Reid in 1909.[citation needed] The order never used (and still does not use) the title "ArchDruid" for any member, but falsely credited William Blake as having been its "Chosen Chief" from 1799 to 1827, without corroboration in Blake's numerous writings or among modern Blake scholars. Blake's bardic mysticism derives instead from the pseudo-Ossianic epics of Macpherson; his friend Frederick Tatham's depiction of Blake's imagination, "clothing itself in the dark stole of moral sanctity"— in the precincts of Westminster Abbey— "it dwelt amid the druid terrors", is generic rather than specifically neo-druidic.[79] John Toland was fascinated by Aubrey's Stonehenge theories, and wrote his own book about the monument without crediting Aubrey. The roles of bards in 10th century Wales had been established by Hywel Dda and it was during the 18th century that the idea arose that druids had been their predecessors.[80]

The 19th-century idea, gained from uncritical reading of the Gallic Wars, that under cultural-military pressure from Rome the druids formed the core of 1st-century BCE resistance among the Gauls, was examined and dismissed before World War II,[81] though it remains current in folk history."