Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.

TOPIC: Creating A Website And Need Ideas

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 10 Jan 2014 16:40 #1

• Kalki Vishnu
  • Fresh Member
Good afternoon fellow board member people.
I am creating a website, that's if I don't get bored before I even get started which happens often. Anyway it's going to be a site dedicated to I suppose new people entering into the "truther universe". So far I have section on a few people such as Santos Bonacci and Jordan Maxwell. I've also got a couple of pages on astrotheology and Source/God.
I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on what topics it could have? also what people could I have sections on?

What are your favourite topics? who are your favourite researchers? what do you think my site should have?

Thanks for any help.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 10 Jan 2014 16:53 #2

• Kalki Vishnu
  • Fresh Member
Most of all, what are the best videos out there on the web that are mind/eye opening?

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 10 Jan 2014 17:11 #3

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I have no advice for you, nor ideas how to go on with your website, other than go for it and don't stop half done. :D
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb, Kalki Vishnu

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 10 Jan 2014 20:24 #4

• miacat
  • Fresh Member
  • Rural Retreat
Here's website with masses of variable content that might provide you with a few ideas. :meow:

www.hiddenmysteries.org/conspiracy/index.html
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, Kalki Vishnu

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 11 Jan 2014 00:45 #5

• Kalki Vishnu
  • Fresh Member
Cool will take a look. Thanks.

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 11 Jan 2014 07:53 #6

• Baddoggydown
  • Fresh Member
Kalki got an idea for you what TPV SHOULD have done. A cross between OLD youtube the one we all knew and loved but with elements of OLD myspace the one we all miss. Everyone has their own page they can customise to their hearts content. You can join with likeminded people to share in and as groups. You can keep your anonymity if you want and privacy like Diaspora or link to facebook twitter etc if you want. Forums if you want Social Messaging if you want

Whatever you want.

In short a video/social aggregator so you can use videos from the hundreds of sites out there as embeddable vids or links and whatever social comms that suit you best.

I'd love my old youtube page back I used to see who'd been to look and it often ended up in friendship my page looked awesome I could count my page views not just my video views and it felt like a community. My personal space I could share with others. The corporatisation of youtube is understandable but has killed it for individuals it would be great to get that spirit back. USER GENERATED CONTENT!!!

If it's impossible don't blame me for asking I haven't got a clue how this all works but a site like this one with a few video site/social media and background tweaks to make it cosy would be a home for life for most of us :)
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2014 08:27 by Baddoggydown.
User(s) who Liked this post: jaxdreaming

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 11 Jan 2014 08:12 #7

• Baddoggydown
  • Fresh Member
Just been looking at my youtube screenshots from january 2011 DAMN I MISS IT!!! Friends,Subscribers,Subscriptions,My ability to pm people who popped onto my page and left comments leaving the funniest exchanges there for others to laugh with,page views.Customisable Background,Text,etc etc Damn you Google why did you take that away from me :(

Imagine this site as it is with the addition of that glorious page with my current favourite video there in front of you ready to play when you click on my avatar and further pages exploring more of my tastes music,food,animals,peruvian nose flute ballet whatever lol! You could read a post on a thread and pop in for a chat in my room. Not too dissimilar from what we've got I admit but warmer more representative of us as people and more visually engaging.

Am I making any sense???? Lol!!! :scotty: :D

It's a broader view than intimidating little blog pages by intense characters (no offence just using a stereotype for humour) because you can open up the other aspects of your personality certainly music food and interesting little vids can make you come to life for others. Being a truther is a bit like trying to maintain a poker face all the time anyway but it doesn't have to be that way.
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2014 08:38 by Baddoggydown.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 11 Jan 2014 11:24 #8

• Kalki Vishnu
  • Fresh Member
I don't think I could do anything very advanced or amazing lol.
All I've got so far is this, but keep in mind I've only spent a couple of hours on it so not really got started yet:

reality-bomb.webs.com/
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 11 Jan 2014 12:45 #9

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Well, for a couple of hours, that's very good! :)

I've been "thinking about" setting up my website for over two years.... and so far I've come up with its name and..... that's it. :coffee:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Creating A Website And Need Ideas 11 Jan 2014 14:56 #10

• Mart
  • Fresh Member
I suppose before offering suggestions the most pertinent question is 'What interests you?"

I'd recommend starting with the area that interests you the most and compile as much information about that as you can
it seems to me that a website with a specific focus is likely to get more interest than one that just contains random bits of information.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare