Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.

TOPIC: A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 29 Jun 2014 13:57 #1

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Member Friends

This is very Important !

If you like that your Important Info & Links get spread all over the Web !
I just noticed that many postings here on Truth-Zone Forum ending up with 80% of the Reply Posts with the same Subject header!
Appears the forum is set to automatic & on replies it will just copy the OP's start up topic text into new postings,

My recommendation is this! If you can change the original text to something different which may relates to your replies issue.
Or leave the original text & add something; anything behind it or in front of the original text; or just mix up the given words or just cut something out..

My reason for saying this is this because of proven self experience with this & every time there is some different written texts within the Subject Title even so its all under the same Topic header the search engines scroll system (WILL) always pick up (INDEX) new (Subject Title) which are differently written text headers (Subject headers) & will include them within there index data base!

Example & lets say you having a single thread with 100 postings which all ending up with the (Subject Title) name.
If the search engine with go over this thread it may just indexes one post out of 100. But now lets say within this single thread you would have 30 or 50 which having a different unique (Subject Title headers) you could be lucky that 10 to 30 postings are indexed from within on single thread. Meaning the chance becomes much, much greater for others out there while searching for things on Google to come a link page which guides someone to this Truth-Zone Forum & may even joins the forum making it a more interesting place!

(Your Unique Title Subject Headers) name on every Reply Posts is very Important!

Also its a good practise to use the maximum ideal description langs of around ( 80 Characters) ( with chosen good Keywords! )

I think many people don't know this ! ?

This is Important if you like & its in your interest to Promote the (Truth-Zone Forum) !

After all the real game for us is to get the truth message out there as best we can!
With a very small personal effort you will attract more New members to joint this place!

Please let others know if you have
interesting links & info in your Posts!

All serious member should help to spread the good message to the best of our individual ability's!

oiram
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2014 14:26 by Mario.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Lizzy, Return of Zorro

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 29 Jun 2014 14:07 #2

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Using the Bold and Italics tags within content increases the value of those words within the Search Engine algorithms.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 29 Jun 2014 15:12 #3

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom

* General Tips *
_

How to Delete Cookies from Opera Browser

Step by Step Opera instruction!

Click Image to enlarge

How to Delete Cookies from IE Browser

Step by Step IE instruction!

Click Image to enlarge

Details How to clear Cookies from different Browsers > [ Click to expand ]

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2014 07:44 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 30 Jun 2014 20:25 #4

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom

* Forum BBcode Strips *

General purpose template code strips

* General purpose Template code strips. *

* MY FIRST COLLECTION SET! *

TEMPLATES & CODES

ENTER HERE FOR a COLLECTION of BBcode TEMPLATES [ Click to expand ]

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 20:37 by Mario.
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 30 Jun 2014 23:44 #5

Thanks mario, good idea for a thread.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 03 Jul 2014 06:49 #6

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Mario wrote:

Member Friends

This is very Important !

If you like that your Important Info & Links get spread all over the Web !
oiram

Quite good result so far for a weeks work regarding the image connection to truth-zone link......

Around 26 Images are already registered within there Search engine Index.............

https://www.google.com/search?= Image search = truth-zone + oiram

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2014 07:45 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 03 Jul 2014 07:43 #7

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Handy tool for those which looking for something like this?
Can save you lots of work

Simple & effective ........

On-line

Cool HTML to BBCode Converter

v. 1.32

Paste HTML code in textbox and press the button and all the code that can be converted to BBCode will be displayed. HTML code that cannot be converted will be removed. You can also select the options below to convert to vB Code, SMF (Simple Machines Forum) Code, or IPB (Invision Power Board) Code.

And here is one the other way around:

<*>

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
This free tool allows you to easily convert BBCode formatted text (such as forum posts) to standard HTML. Unlike some converters, this will generate proper paragraph tags (instead of just using a lot of line breaks), and it utilizes CSS declarations for font sizes, color, etc. instead of their depreciated HTML tag counterparts. There are several options available, and a list of supported tags can be found below. *

@ oiram @
My Post count is >111 > the Meaning is ..;(((The Beginning of Wisdom!)));..
→Read more what's the meaning of the Number ( 111 ) is? [ Click to expand ]

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 05 Jul 2014 04:07 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 04 Jul 2014 10:29 #8

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom

@@@ BBcode how to create Horizontal lines @@@
From html code I know the tag is ( <hr> )
In BBcode I don't know if there is a special Tag? .... but I figured out something which works OK!
See below and (Expand) the Spoiler link

Some BBcode Hints ............. only found this by chance playing around!

Do you know what will happen if you type five Minus Characters in a row within BBcode?

Horizontal Line types & BBcode Sample Collection (for Forum use) > [ Click to expand ]

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2014 07:02 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 06 Jul 2014 13:25 #9

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom

* TRY TO CREATE A LINK (URL) TO OPEN THE SPOILER *

SO I CAN LINK A BUTTON TO OPEN THE SPOILER EXPAND?

But what is the URL I would need to do this?? :conf: :dunno:

<TESTING> !!!!!

TEMPLATES & CODES

ENTER HERE FOR a COLLECTION of BBcode TEMPLATES [ Click to expand ]

When I hover over the green button it shows me this >>>>>> code: .......... 1314560803

Anyone out that has experience with BBcode to create a Url link to call a script class function?

How to make a link which refers to a class part instruction within a Script file??

I would link to have the green button to link to the Spoiler expand fuction ..........(but how to create the url link for it) :conf: :iitm: :dunno:

................................................................................................

CLICK GREEN GO HERE BUTTON TO OPEN SPOILER EXPAND [ Click to expand ]

................................................................................................

CLICK GREEN GO HERE BUTTON TO OPEN SPOILER EXPAND [ Click to expand ]

THIS IS THE LINK I TRY TO CREATE ............

My first Test )
truth-zone.net/media/kunena/js/default.js?kspoiler-expand
truth-zone.net/media/kunena/js/default.js?kspoiler-expand=expandElement
truth-zone.net/media/kunena/js/default.js?expandElement
truth-zone.net/media/kunena/js/default.js?expandElement=1314560803

truth-zone.net/forum/internet-and-information-technology/63844-a-general-computer-tip-hints-help-fixes-questions-suggestions-solutions-ideas-html-co...6927?kspoiler-expand
truth-zone.net/forum/internet-and-information-technology/63844-a-general-computer-tip-hints-help-fixes-questions-suggestions-solutions-ideas-html-co...expand=expandElement
truth-zone.net/forum/internet-and-information-technology/63844-a-general-computer-tip-hints-help-fixes-questions-suggestions-solutions-ideas-html-co...116927?expandElement
truth-zone.net/forum/internet-and-information-technology/63844-a-general-computer-tip-hints-help-fixes-questions-suggestions-solutions-ideas-html-co...ndElement=1314560803

Example I found on the net
www.example.com/script?name=value
When fully resolved, the absolute URL is file:///path/to/web_root/folder/file.html.

The URL as a whole can also be divided into pieces based on its structure. For example, the URL www.example.com/script?name=value contains a URL scheme (https), a host (www.example.com), a path (/script), and a query string (name=value). The NSURL class provides accessor methods that let you examine those pieces.
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSURL_Class/Reference/Reference.html

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 08:14 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 06 Jul 2014 13:46 #10

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 

As for the template errors we will have to take a look at them after we up date the site. The Kunena template isn't the only issue to consider as the main site template also creates errors/conflicts with the Kunena template. It's not necessarily as simple as sticking a css bandaid over a lower level problem.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 06 Jul 2014 23:42 #11

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom

Ok after a full days work playing with this; I finally found the Script file which creates your

Overflow problem in Edit view & Preview here on the Forum!!

I am able to run each individual (*.css) file on Opera until I isolatted the one which creates the Overflow problem!
Only one file makes the problem .......... now I will check which part within the (typography.style2.css) creates the trouble!
That will take me some time!

Not sure what specific the file is used for. ............ but to test it just remove or rename the file temporary & check if the problem is gone!
Worked on Opera 100% I just switched of the (typography.style2.css) & all was working normal with no more Overflow & the word wrap was perfectly working!

Do with the info as you which!

Cleanup in this file: truth-zone.co.uk/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The problem file is this one even so you changed the values in the one above!

This file will override it and all Overflows with no more Word wrap within the Message Box & Preview Box!
truth-zone.co.uk/templates/gk_twn2/css/typography.style2.css :thdown: :thdown:

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2014 23:46 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 07 Jul 2014 00:04 #12

• novum
  • Platinum Member
gk twin 2 is the template so as frog said it effects the forum.

The template will be changed when we move to joomla 3 as this one has no joomla 3 support.

Which means things will change. :hahano:

We could edit the css now but im short on time and I cant speak for Frog but i suspect he is too right now. Thing is if we change things they need to be checked in other browsers also as things could get a whole lot worse. :hahano: And all of that takes time.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 07 Jul 2014 01:20 #13

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
novum wrote:
gk twin 2 is the template so as frog said it effects the forum.

The template will be changed when we move to joomla 3 as this one has no joomla 3 support.

Which means things will change. :hahano:

We could edit the css now but im short on time and I cant speak for Frog but i suspect he is too right now. Thing is if we change things they need to be checked in other browsers also as things could get a whole lot worse. :hahano: And all of that takes time.

Wow I got so close look at this >>>>>> :cool:

I now from 1236 item down to this .............. three more sets to check :)

Problem is in here! ............. I keep going! ............... I presume its just one entry!
Done to this now.............

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 01:30 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 07 Jul 2014 04:06 #14

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Well this is it ......... all its involved with is transparency!

This is the only section which creates the entire problem ............

One option:
to just brace out the section in the css file >> truth-zone.co.uk/templates/gk_twn2/css/typography.style2.css
like with these things ......... /* code here */ at line 195 to 207............. all the rest is working fine within the css file!

and do the three changes as shown & the problem from (typography.style2.css) file also has no effect & all works fine as is!
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I would still just brace out the section just to see the result ..........
once done you can test it out on the file I made to test that the problem is gone & there is no more overflow & word-wrap works as normal I already checked it & the problem is gone!
Tested out on this file.............. worked like a charm.
truth-zone.net/forum/faq-and-feedback-centre/63877-anyone-of-you-have-a-problem-as-mine-mouse-response-the-centre-mouse-scrolling-wheel-is-getting-s...um-pages.html#116645

Well this is the info from the net what the css part is used for (Transparent Image) ......
is it truly needed on a forum anyhow?? :thdown:

I'm the only dummy using a lot of images ..... but I surely don't need any Transparent option at all. :dunno:

You guys can have a go at it if you like ...........
I done the hard part already .... to isolate the problem section within & out of 1236 items..
Having assess to the forum set-up menu or the ftp link will only take max 5 minutes.

More easy to just open the two css files on the browser then back it up ..........
make the changes & copy the file by (ftp) to the css folder.
Look at the forum once done; if anything does not work just copy the two backed up files right over it again. SIMPLE REALLY.

Anyway its up to you guys! ..............
I love solving problem & also I'm learning at the same time how to locate things like it!

Its all here already ..... two files copy and past job!. .......... If anything is no go copy the two originals right over it!

Here was some info about the code function...............
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 04:38 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 07 Jul 2014 04:49 #15

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
word-wrap:break-word is legacy code under css3 standards afaik so it's not ideal to use going forward and it's not universally/reliably supported on all browsers.

Using fixed widths is best avoided due to the variety of different devices which have different screen resolutions. It tends to be good practice to use percentages where possible, which allows auto scaling to cater for as many devices as possible, with the least amount of code to maintain.

The current build of the site is in transition between older standards and later css3 and html5 so any development of this site has effectively frozen pending a major update to the main platform. Which is going to require quite a bit of work and a totally new template solution, all of which is on our todo list time permitting.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 07 Jul 2014 04:53 #16

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Mario wrote:
Cleanup in this file: truth-zone.co.uk/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css

Ive done this so try it out see how it is. If anyone else has issues they should report it.

I didnt brace out the gk twn2.

EDIT: just saw frogs reply :hahano:

Tell you what ive done the changes to kunena forum min now so lets see how it works anyway, i copied the file and then made the changes, the file before the change is in there too so it can be swapped back in a few seconds.

Its just going to get overridden anyway when the forum and site is updated plus we can swap it back so no harm to try it hey? :dunno:

EDIT 2: I think the widths should be in percentages also ofc so perhaps mario can test his code changes but with percentages instead of px width.

Look i can swap it back no problem anyway if theres an issue, but i have no mobile device to test it.
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 07 Jul 2014 04:59 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 07 Jul 2014 22:18 #17

• novum
  • Platinum Member
These changes were messing things up when using chrome, so i changed it back. :hahano:
1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: Mario

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 08 Jul 2014 02:05 #18

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
novum wrote:
These changes were messing things up when using chrome, so i changed it back. :hahano:

Yes I was noticing something about 2 hours ago & the Overflow on my end was all of a sudden gone ............ :O :)

All was fitting on my side for a short while; was wandering already; If it was my user manual browser setting being activated or if someone was actually trying something on the Forum end?

So it was you guys trying things ........... No problem!

So Chrome did not like the new setting ............ well cant help bad luck!

I don't even have Chrome installed ............ only tried it once & I was shocked to see that the download for Chrome was never ending!
Also you cant get a standalone version! ...... just forever downloading from Googles .....No!; No! don't like to be hooked to them this way!
No Chrome Browser for me ever!!!!!

I actually wandered what sort of funny stuff they having coming with there Browser ......... maybe some CIA & NSA tools fully integrated & included?? :thdown:

Man just the Chrome Browser installation ............ what was it 300 MB plus???? (NUTS!! :noway: )........
What the hell is all the integrated stuff for having such big install file for a simple Browser system?? ........... Well 1 + 1 = 2 as always!

Opera 20/30 MB ...... Fox a bit more but not into the hundreds of MB.

But one question:
Ok the setting values were not good for other Browsers ........ fare enough understood! ...............

Anyway thanks for trying this; good Sports guys ! :thumbup: ...........
but it did actually worked on my side because the Overflow was gone at the time!
But what's about just bracing out the bad not functioning correctly section which has originally something to do with image transparency creation.
This on its own should not effect any other Browsers at all?? but may surely stop's all browsers from having text overflow within the editing post message box.
Because this small section is actually on its own creating the entire overflow fault!

Did you tried both options at once?: or just the one .......... entering new setting values?

This would be one thing;..............
to at least do this one on its own; bracing out the bad problem creating section at line 195 to 207.
Would not be surprised at all if that its also coursing the jumping back some lines in the message box view once you activated the browsers own (FIT TO WIDTH) function.

I could not even edit my post without it being switched on all wondering of screen!

Should not effect any browser; really! ..........
Most could happen that just one function would be less but which doesn't work in the first place it appears; but clearly creates this Overflow problem in reality; which it should not course in the first place having a totally different function target!

Just this on its own without any value changes!!! ...........
Should by logic not effect any Browser type ......
but at least the Overflow should be gone; because there is something clearly wrong with this code; creating something odd which is not the original function of this code in the first place! (Image Transparency its the original code function; but its not working too!)

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 08 Jul 2014 02:51 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 08 Jul 2014 10:25 #19

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I didnt try block those lines of code out in the template.

I might try it when i have some spare time, but again im not sure what else it might affect. :hahano:

As for chrome, who knows what they put in it, its why i call it the devil. :larf:

:field:

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 08 Jul 2014 10:30 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: Mario

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 08 Jul 2014 18:44 #20

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
novum wrote:
I didnt try block those lines of code out in the template.
I might try it when i have some spare time, but again im not sure what else it might affect. :hahano:
As for chrome, who knows what they put in it, its why i call it the devil. :larf:
:field:
That would be great!

No I'm sure it will not effect anything more than the code was designed for! .....
I'm still playing with it to understand the exact function and I found too.
Its 100% only related to transparent issues while hovering over any (CODE only input Box) switching a silvery colour effect fuction.
ONLY all class items with the class TAG's ( "pre") (.gkCode1) .gkCode2) are involved & effected by this specific code! (I'm sure; checked it & tested the effect already) Got to love the power of Opera & all its functions including the Developer Element explorer which comes with Opera.

My final conclusion on this specific code is this & why it may plays up to create the overflow issue; three possibility points I found:

1) The code in question appear to have a double up conflicting conflict with another similar (transparency) instruction given within another CSS file instruction! = (conflicting each other) = like one is saying go right, the other one at the same time for the same TAG item says go left; result a logical confusion of interest issue :iitm: :noway:

2) Part of the code in question has a clearly written syntax error within ........ Why I say so? >>
because my Opera Script Error Console message box pops up & tells me so; & points to the part which creates the error too!

There are many such messages but this Message is clear cut: & points exactly
to the trouble maker which is part of the code in question.

:

3)
The code is only meant for all items which are in-between TAG's < pre > [ pre ] & I did not find any of the other two tags within any webpage so far (gkCode1, gkCode2) which are running under the same css code entry ! (Over coding issue too!) = Tags are not used in any of the forum but shows in the css file??
Maybe some previous versions used the tags & now they obsolete!

Explanation what the "pre" tag is used for:

Definition and Usage
The <pre> tag defines preformatted text.
Text in a <pre> element is displayed in a fixed-width font (usually Courier), and it preserves both spaces and line breaks.
Browser Support
_________________| Element |
| <pre> |

|
| Yes |

|
| Yes |

|
| Yes |

|
| Yes |

| |
| Yes |

4) Once I blocked the code from within the css file all Overflow problems disappeared! All this code creates is effect within items which are written in-between the <pre> tags!
If blocked all that happens is that the code box text item will not be made transparent ............ but at the same time the overflow problem is gone too!
So no there should be no other effect towards any other browser!
Its only meant to be a function for code text within the code message tag! So nothing lost if it will not flicker the colour into transparent mode!

Hardly ever any members sending code anyhow!

You can also place anything in between "per" or "code" tags like this & this effect is the result which the code was created for! But it overflows because there is a clear syntax error within the code & conflicts with other things ............ which it should not!

I place this into "per" bbcode brackets & you see the effect; but its creating the overflowing in code viewing Preview; because of the syntax error within:

This is the colour flicking effect the original code creates: .............
you will see once the code is blocked the colour flickering will be gone & no more overflow either.
Nothing else will be effected on any browser; once the code is blocked within the css file ; but the overflow error should be gone on all browsers!

[ pre ]  :thumbup:  :cool: [/ pre ] ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

[ code ]  :thumbup:  :cool: [/ code ] .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Note:
To make sure ............ I also searched throughout all the css files of the new version 3.05 (Kunena Forum) to compare the entire; because some days back I downloaded the forum install package with all is temples within.

What I found was that the code in question; is not part of any css file but was moved to the Script (*.js) file ... so they must have fixed the problem from older versions of the forum.
But is 100% the code here is not to be found in any css file in the new version Forum!
So it should not be entered into the css file in the first place it appears??
So blocking it out could not be wrong in the first place

We may see the effect later on once blocked?

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 08 Jul 2014 21:23 by Mario.