Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.

TOPIC: A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 20 Dec 2014 15:59 #181

• Mr Cappy
  • Capricornus
Mario wrote:
Mr Happy wrote:
But a high idle isn't always a problem or unusual. It doesn't necessarily indicate a hogged or overloaded CPU.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-high-cpu-usage-windows/

Windows users occasionally run across high utilization by something called System Idle Process. This obscure process seems to hog all the CPU power it possibly can – terrible, right?

systemidleprocess How To Fix High CPU Usage In Windows

Actually, this process is simply a thread that consumes processor cycles, which are not otherwise being used. The process is used because of some very arcane peculiarities in coding, which make it sometimes preferable, and even more efficient, for a processor to run something instead of nothing at all. This is not just a Windows thing, but Windows displays the process in task manager, so users see it and assume something is wrong.

This is not to say you can’t experience performance issues when the System Idle Process is showing high “load,” but the issue lies elsewhere. In fact, you should expect to see this process report that it consumes 95% (or more) of your processor when your PC is at idle. If it’s not, something else is consuming processor cycles without your knowledge
Where did you find that comment?
Even the wording used is twisted to confuse people ..............
Idling is not a process & should only be named idle ........... processing in normal terms means is using up something.
Idling does not use anything.
Well what is new; the twisted way these so called professionals allocating there confusing wording games.
I also think they doing it deliberately to confuse people in general! >>>> So they always need to call the so called experts to fix problems.
The problem is these so called experts talking through there asses in most cases............
(also called job protection through deceptive talks & manipulation) a Masons specialty!

In the end it does not really matter what you are saying in this regard & the problem issue on hand being highlighted here by me; because I know for a fact which part was creating the problem for me & for many others.
And it was clearly the WPF program which ended up with a corrupted cache data file for whatever unknown reason and started to run permanently with 50% CPU use on its own.

Also don't confuse high idle process indication with using up any resources .
Idling is idling; if a high percentage it shown on idle means less resources are in use.

If you like to see every single program & service using what & how much CPU on your system get this tool below its totally free for download.

This simple small tool will give you tons of information about every single file being active on your system in real time.
Should any program over uses CPU resources you will find it on the spot & it gives you the location of the file & hundreds of other informations per active or inactive file.

Very nice simple to use & helpful tool for troubleshooting.

Download Process Explorer 16.04 ... size 1.13MB
Process Explorer 16.04 User Rating By Microsoft SysInternals

@ oiram @

Show some humility old boy! Getting a tad angry for a child of Jesbus eh? Mario.. eh? eh? Poke.. eh? Here we have Microsoft saying high idle (when truly idle) can and is normal. Because It is normal. Apart from when it isn't. I do understand that some users (with Windows 7) seem to have had issues with WPF.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-performance/system-idle-process-take-entire-cpu-usage/1c786810-95a2-4d65-b734-e5efc5ddd9f9

M = 272927
A = 7922
R = 89076
I = 666
O = 57573

= wrong a ding ding dong!
The opprobrium of striving for a future that never comes.
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2014 16:02 by Mr Cappy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 29 Dec 2014 13:32 #182

I can't stand so called ''anti-virus'' programs at the best of times because they take too much control over your computer. Most are way too aggressive and intrusive. However having some sort of protection is often a necessity, especially when using windows.

Forget about all these free anti-virus programs, which also plague you with pop up windows to try and sell you their premium products and such. The best one out there that offers a good level of control and options for free, is light on resources, isn't overly aggressive or intrusive, and doesn't require a subscription, is believe it or not Microsoft security essentials.

I've used and tried out most of the big names in anti-virus programs, like AVG, Kaspersky, Bit defender, Avast.. etc etc, and I found Microsoft security essentials to be the least intrusive and trouble free of the lot. ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2014 13:34 by Return of Zorro.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 07 Jan 2015 16:04 #183

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
If you need a one Go Event-Log Cleaner .bat file code ...... here it is! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Magic no more bullshit within the Event-Log & a nice clean start.

Instruction:
1) Create a new .txt file & rename it to >>
" Win 7 Event-log Cleaner Viewer.bat " << or whatever else you like to call the bat file.

2) Open the New file with Notepad & add the code below & save it.

3) Open your Event Log Viewer and have a look how much useless info is all over the place.

4) Go back to your new bat file & run it in Admin mode.

5) Now have a look at your Clean Event Log Viewer.

6) Finally have a reboot & straight after view your Event Logs to see all the actual events which showing errors on this single restarted.

Save the bat file & create a shortcut on your Desktop ...........
so the next time you like to check on something with a clean log you just click the Shortcut Link before rebooting.

Note:
ALL OLD RECORDS WILL BE GONE & YOU HAVE A 100% NEW NICE CLEAN START!

Should you have any concerns....... :dunno: :ponda:
If you like to check on your original Event Log files or even like to back them up before having a total one Go cleanup.....

Go here on your Computer to view them all:
C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
|||||||| ||||||||

One more recommendation for easy troubleshooting for any of your Events activities ......

This nice tool helped me to clean 10 long time error problems I had for a long time & never found the problem location ......
this one fixed all of them for me! :) ......
Before deleting anything you just simply UN-check the event & revers the change if needed & without removing anything upfront!

Download this free tool which will highlights every event on your computer & will show you which events are failing; which you can evaluate & fix-up on the spot; so they don't show up as error in your Event Log records.

Autoruns for Windows v12.03
By Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell

Published: September 11, 2014

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc

(500 KB)
Source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Also the Tool above will link to this tool below though the right mouse contexts menu Item option.......
You copy & place the the " procexp.exe " file into the Window directory so it is within the link path.

Download Process Explorer 16.04 ... size 1.13MB
Process Explorer 16.04 User Rating By Microsoft SysInternals
Autoruns for Win 7                                                                  Process Explorer

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2015 16:56 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 15 Jan 2015 20:01 #184

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Nice simple & practices.......

For Windows 7 ................ Two things for recommendation.

FileMenu Tools 6.6
FileMenu Tools is a free application which lets you customize the context menu of Windows File Explorer.

The main features are the following:

Add some built-in utilities that perform operations on files and folders. These utilities are explained below in more detail.
Add custom commands which run a specific action. The possible actions are the following:
Run external applications
Copy/move to a specific folder
Delete specific file types
Send the selected files as attachments to e-mail recipient(s)
Rename the selected files using a set of rules
Configure the "Send to..." submenu
Enable/disable commands which are added by other applications to the context menu
http://www.lopesoft.com/en/filemenutools

|||||||| ||||||||

And this ....

RoboMirror

RoboMirror is a GUI front-end for the quite popular Robocopy.exe command-line utility for Windows.

Robocopy is shipped with Windows since Vista and available as free SDK tool for previous Windows versions (RoboMirror already includes it).
It allows to robustly synchronize two directory trees, both locally and across the network. It is therefore often used for mirroring purposes, e.g., as a powerful yet free backup utility.

RoboMirror's aim is to make Robocopy more accessible by providing a very simple and user-centered GUI, because most users simply don't want to work directly with the console or are overwhelmed by Robocopy's flexibility.

Additionally, RoboMirror supports volume shadow copies. This allows to copy files locked by running processes (Outlook, SQL Server...).
http://robomirror.sourceforge.net/

@ oiram @

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 15 Jan 2015 20:47 #185

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
One more small Tip for your Context Menu

Did you ever searched for something on your computer throughout C: Drive in the original Explorer search Window & while the search starts to list the first found items you like to look at them on the spot even so the search is not finished.

But as soon you click any Item to Open you like to view directly; it will stop the Explorer search process because the file or Folder you like to view gets opened within the same search window on Windows 7.

Or it will open a new Window; but still its linked to a search process link address & you can not see where the file is located in your folder tree or even go there directly. :ponda:

What I like to get onto my context menu is this .........

The searching continues & I can open the file or Folder by right clicking my mouse on any item the search produced & opens it in a new Explorer Window and is connected to the File tree & not anymore to the search function link address.

So I came up with this after some hours searching for the place within the registry & added this to my registry.

If anyone likes it; here is the Reg code I added to create my context menu item.............

Create a new text file & copy the code below into it & rename ......
Name the file for example " Open Folder Location while search goes on.reg "

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Now I got what I needed..................
Now I just right click the file & pick from my new context menu item "Open Location & Search Continues"
Now the searching will just continue & I can look at the item I selected in a new Explorer Window without stopping or the need to wait for the search process to finish.

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2015 21:23 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 15 Jan 2015 21:15 #186

• Mr Cappy
  • Capricornus
Mario you is confusin me.

I am still using XP on an old 3200XP single-core Athlon circa 2003!

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 15 Jan 2015 21:41 #187

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Mr Cappy wrote:
Mario you is confusing me.

I am still using XP on an old 3200XP single-core Athlon circa 2003!

Appears its time for a upgrade.

I also was totally hooked to XP knowing every corner of it playing with it for years ............
but after I gave it a go I must now say that Window 7 is 50% better than XP.

I never could see myself ever leaving XP3 ........ but now I'm happy that I did.

Basically the Win 7 is exactly the same inner base structure as XP sp3; but they added tons of new handy tools & features I would not like to do without now after being with it for a year now.

Even the tweaks I use can be used on XP no problems; same heart within both systems only the external view changed a bit.

Trouble starts when you change to the x64 bit system...... which means everything is doubled up in a way for compatibility reasons!.

I even purposely made a total mess of my OS system once to see if I could recover from it without reinstalling it all from zero.
And it worked & I got the entire system running again after a total wipe-out without the need to reinstalling it from the original disk.

Windows 7 in a way has its own OS system twice within one installation. No matter what you do or may delete; if even possible you will always be able to recover your system after a restart.

The entire second OS backup system of Windows 7 is located in this Folder on your computer >>> " winsxs "

Details of this Special single Win7 Folder is ................................. wrote:
C:\Windows\winsxs

7.72 GB (8,297,607,168 bytes)

57,694 Files, 13,090 Folders

Really nothing could be made more easy then this!!! :)

The only two things I found & recommend people should never play around with >>>> is the
BCD bootup system stuff >> "bootmgr" "Boot Folder" & the file security permissions structure. :nono: :nono: :nono:
Big mess & Sh@t if you do; but it still can be recovered; if need be with a bit of headache.

Nice stuff........... !

But I would never touch Windows 8 with a broomstick.

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2015 22:58 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 15 Jan 2015 22:28 #188

• Mr Cappy
  • Capricornus
I use good old XP3 on a new old stock Gigabyte K7 board with an AthlonXP CPU and 4 GB ram.. I use a bit of code I found to allow Windows to access all 4GB, because most XP installations only allow Windows to see 2GB. However, I don't have a ram bottleneck. My CPU is the bottleneck. It is showing its age but performance is still good. The graphic card AFAIK was the last and best of the AGP cards - an ATI 1GB HD4650. It's in a massive Chieftec case with a new Corsair CX750M PSU.. I use between 1/3 and 1/2 of its power.. all output to and through a ten year old 24bit MAudio PCI soundcard, a 20 year old Arcam amp and big old Mission speakers, and a fairly new 43in Plasma TV is my monitor.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 16 Jan 2015 21:07 #189

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
My tweak for the Windows File, Folder Detail Footer Panel Info
& Mouse hover Tool Tip Info.

Add Properties Items to Win7 Details Pane Status-bar info.

My tweak for the Windows File, Folder Detail Panel Info & Mouse Tool Tip Info ............

Create a new text file with Notepad copy the code below into the notepad & save the file with any name & the .reg extension!
Then just double click the new file that's it!

Code for the File Tweak Install
Code for the Folder Directory's Tweak Install
|||||||| ||||||||

Code for the Files back to Default
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*]
"InfoTip"="prop:System.ItemTypeText;System.Size;System.DateModified"
"PreviewDetails"="prop:System.DateModified;System.Size;System.DateCreated;*System.OfflineAvailability;*System.OfflineStatus;*System.SharedWith"

Code for the Folders & Directory's back to Default
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory]
"InfoTip"="prop:System.Comment;System.DateCreated"
"PreviewDetails"="prop:System.DateModified;*System.SharedWith;*System.OfflineAvailability;*System.OfflineStatus"

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2015 21:54 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 18 Jan 2015 22:48 #190

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
If you gain to play around a bit within your own Browser activity history records here you go

And if you like to look into your inner Chrome browser history record spying data ..............

Get this one to see where you have been browsing around throughout your time on your browser.

best free sqlite3 editor
i have been looking for a nice editor for sqlite3 db's and found none that allow visual editing like say an Excel spreadsheet..[deleting rows individually by just hitting 1 key,etc.]
so after trying about 10 of them i found this 'personal' version of SqliteExpert..
Free Download
http://www.sqliteexpert.com/SQLiteExpertPersSetup.exe

very nice looking and fast and lots of extra tools...
the pay version has visual query building and some other nice features..seems well worth the price if you work with them often..
so many just allow viewing the data, or make you use sql queries to alter the data without much help..
this one makes it like access...a real time saver and simple..
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?21244-best-free-sqlite3-editor

Once installed search for any *.db extension files & open them with the SQLiteExpert to view all its listed data.

You should find some files in this location on your computer ...............

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Opera Software\Opera Developer\
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Opera Software\Opera Stable\
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Google Chrome\
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Fox Chrome\
........ etc.

You can check the data file for internal errors & it will fix them automatically .............
Delete any of the lines of data you don't like to be in your history

You can filter the data by using this on the top of the column .... %sex :O :hahano: ................. means it will filter out all which contains the word sex

You will be surprised how much information is kept in these small files.......

Be aware of Google & there browsers ............. Like Stasi's incognito :wissl: :cool2:

Have no ilusion about it; its all Google now there is no such thing as Opera or Fox Browser <<<< its all 100% Google Chrome stuff.
All is Monopolized into one King shit system of control<<<<

You can check on all these files very easily .............. Just make a copy of the original file first & you can play around with it without touching the original file records being in use by your browser.
ALWAYS WORK ON A COPY OF THE FILE THEN rename the original copy it into the same place or OVERRIDE THE ORIGINAL!
Your choice......

Even some of those files without extension are data base files in many cases.
To test it >>>>>> Just open any file you don't know the extension with Notepad & see if you find this word " SQLite format " written at the top left corner .......... if so; you can open it with this tool! ........ & don't worry about the rest of the spaghetti symbols the file shows below it.

My History file had already the size of 40 MB over one your browsing ........ Which I reduced down to 11 MB in 10 minutes.

Like these these type of files you can look at in a explorer type tree listing viewing:
Cookies
History = has all you visited URL links, all your downloads you ever made, all keyword searches since you used your browser ..... etc, :wissl: <<< I only had 26,567 keyword records in my history listing! :dunno: :iitm:

These are the records within the history file:
downloads
downloads_url_chains
keyword_search_terms = Contains ALL your keywords you ever typed & searched for!! :O :wissl:
meta
segment_usage
segments
urls
visit_source
visits

You can even do image editing for each icon or image per individual URL link in your listing.

favorites.db = Speed Dial records
Favicons = All the URL icons
thumbnails.db = Speed Dial records

By the way these are the two files above you would need to copy to another browser
if you like to transfer your Speed dial setting!

Its very simple once you have the SQLiteExpert installed:
1) open the data base file
2) Select the category
3) Select the DATA tab as shown in the image. >>> And all secrets you ever had will be revealed to you! :yup:

So make sure that Mr. monopoly Google Stasi does not get to your History file & downloads it from your computer in silence ...........

Note:
Any file which shows this (SQLite format) in its header by viewing it with Notepad you can open with this tool & play around with it. (AS I SAID ALWAYS PLAY WITH A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL)

One more hint:
And by the way if you like to hack around a bit & view the data within ,dll & .exe ... .vhd... & the original Window .wim install files just use 7-Zip v 9.20 to open them all.

Taken some minutes of no apparent action by 7-Zip >>> but I even opened my 56 MB vhd Window image backup file with 7-Zip & I can extract any file I need out of my old backup.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 18 Jan 2015 23:38 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 19 Jan 2015 10:33 #191

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
One more important recommendation to those who care!

Switch the FU@CKING

Skype sh@t OFF!

Switch the FREAKING

Skype sh@t OFF!

Switch your FU@CKING
SkypeMT Crap OFF!

Switch this FU@CKING
SkypeMT sh@t OFF!

Switch the FU@CKING
Skype sh@t OFF!

:thumbup:

Its a silent bandwidth thieving rat; for EVER and EVER into the megabits every day.
Its always connecting to some unknown crap place.

Not being in use at all & it stealing megabits of your bandwidth continuously.

You want to be save from the thief then switch it off!!!

When I see the logo Facebook on there opening front page should tells me the entire story anyway.

Your Bandwidth Meter will never see the zero stage if this Skye crap is running on so called standby!
NEVER!

Check it out for yourself:
Use your Windows Resource Monitor & open the Network tab ........... then you will see.
Open your browser have some sides open & don't touch nothing & just watch the activity ............... all you see is Skype popping up all the time for EVER & EVER even so its not in use at all & only running on standby!

So what is Skype Facebook sh@t really uploading & downloading from your computer constantly ???

A silent hiding thief into infinity! ........
who real; I mean REALLY runs, owns &controls Skype anyhow? ....... I never yet looked into this yet!!

Remember we all living in a World of professionally trained thief's ................ a 6,000 or 6,000,000 long old story!
And the evilness its on its peak as you all know!

End Time Boys & Girls!
and make it a good End for all & permanently into infinity ................

And you Skype & back Facedbook thief's; you better record this message ........... because it has to become global knowledge!

What does the small
stands for? . . . expose >>
Thieving Mafia
Fits!

I Hate Thief's ..

First time in History my Bandwidth Meter shows all zero's on the in & out! :up: :up: :up:

Network Meter
Speed Test Firewall: On Profile: Private
Connection: Secure
Signal: 100%
0.000kbit/s 0.000kB/s           
          0.000kbit/s 0.000kB/s

https://truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/65097

@ oiram @

Blue_Tackler wrote:

By Ben Parr

Nov 19, 2009

Last week, after months of bickering and lawsuits, the Skype saga finally ended. eBay, which bought Skype for $2.6 billion in 2005, settled outstanding litigation with Skype's founders. The result: Skype now owns all of its technology, the founders received 14% of Skype and two seats on the Board of Directors, eBay keeps 30% of Skype, and the rest is owned by outside investors.

That was last week. Today, Skype CEO Josh Silverman announced that the Skype deal has closed. Here are the finalized details of the deal:

1. Nothing has changed with ownership: eBay now owns 30% of Skype, outside investors (including Silver Lake, Andreessen Horowitz, and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board) own 70%.

2. Of that, 14% or so is owned by Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis, the founders of Skype.

3. The Skype deal values the company at $2.75 billion, which is a little higher than the price eBay paid for Skype in 2005.

4. Joltid Limited is an investor in Skype. Joltid is owned by the Skype founders and was a major part of the legal dispute between eBay and the founders. The company held a key P2P technology that Skype now owns as part of this deal
mashable.com/2009/11/19/skype-sold-2/
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2015 11:54 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 19 Jan 2015 12:02 #192

• Mr Cappy
  • Capricornus
Anyone else build their own computers here?

I love building them, arranging the cables neatly for better airflow.... etc.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 20 Jan 2015 01:38 #193

Yeah, I've built and rebuilt quite a few. I always keep my eye out in the local adds for bargains. I've also built a number of hacks, and various custom Linux OS's. I've done the full circle and I'm now back to using windows more again. Mainly because I've got a Adobe premier pro and after effects for windows.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 20 Jan 2015 20:26 #194

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Finally I found something for Chrome to open exe file extensions. :)

Only just found this......... & for fun I entered explorer.exe & entered my speak.vbs file in the second row; right clicked on any URL link in my browser window & it even executed my .vbs extension file. :thumbup:

I think it was not the original intend of the creator for this to work ...... but it does! :wissl: :P :hahano:

Without the vbs file entiry; it will just open the Explorer window from within Chrome context menu item....... . Notepad, cmd, ...... etc..

So it is possible after all to open & run .exe application extension file without having the auto SaveAs appeal popping up on Chrome without the option to run any executable file as in IE & earlier versions of Opera browser. I think some individuals are looking for something like this for starters.

Opens (???? .exe) application file from within Opera v25 Chrome, Fox Chrome, Google Chrome well its all Chrome anyway with different names on front

Google Chrome I mean......

This needs some small modifications ......... but it works for me & to have the code for the js file & the plugin within the Extension is the key to expend this utility.

No one can open & run executable files from within any Chrome browser product .... right! .........
Wrong here is the example .... slowly others are picking up on what people looking for to personalize things a bit on there browser.

I can now open Explorer.exe, IExplorer.exe, notepad.exe, cmd.exe, calculater.exe & any other .exe extension file from within Opera Chrome.

I even launched my .vbs file with it .......... which comes very handy I would say.

Just one program at the time for now; but with a bit of playing & modification there are more possibilities I think.
Multiple sub context items are needed for starters.

Like this sort of thing >>>>>
I'm sure not long & someone will create the extension so you can open external .exe applications.
Even having this within a Button listing multiple selections option on the Menu bar will do just fine.

Here is the extension download/install page:
Open with external application
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/open-with-external-applic/hccmhjmmfdfncbfpogafcbpaebclgjcp

Appears to be a simple code as-well & a plugin file to get it running from within Chrome ....
So why is the entire World looking for this exe option & takes so long to find this solution? :dunno: :dunno:

Below in the spoiler is all the java script code which is required within the extension to make it work to run .exe application files from within Chrome context menu >>>

* --- >
< --- *
 ← ( Click again to close details
Click to Expand to view details                           → [ Click to expand ]

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2015 22:28 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 21 Jan 2015 09:21 #195

• Mr Cappy
  • Capricornus
Zorro wrote:
Yeah, I've built and rebuilt quite a few. I always keep my eye out in the local adds for bargains. I've also built a number of hacks, and various custom Linux OS's. I've done the full circle and I'm now back to using windows more again. Mainly because I've got a Adobe premier pro and after effects for windows.

I am like that with vintage hi-fi gear. I always keep an eye out in charity shops and ebay for late 1980's/1990's amplifiers that were made in the UK, Japan , US or Europe in that era. I am especially keen on the big Battleship Japanese amps (Denon, Technics etc) and the smaller but gutsy British units (e.g. Arcam)..

My old single core Athlon Barton XP based computer is showing its age a bit, so I will need to build another PC soon.. I'll probably use ebay or ebuyer...

Have many people switched over to 64 bit or are most people still using 32 bit?
Last Edit: 21 Jan 2015 09:24 by Mr Cappy.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 22 Jan 2015 00:55 #196

Mr Cappy wrote:
Zorro wrote:

I am like that with vintage hi-fi gear. I always keep an eye out in charity shops and ebay for late 1980's/1990's amplifiers that were made in the UK, Japan , US or Europe in that era. I am especially keen on the big Battleship Japanese amps (Denon, Technics etc) and the smaller but gutsy British units (e.g. Arcam)..

My old single core Athlon Barton XP based computer is showing its age a bit, so I will need to build another PC soon.. I'll probably use ebay or ebuyer...

Have many people switched over to 64 bit or are most people still using 32 bit?

Been there and done that too with the hifi. :hahano:

I've owned all sorts of hi end ''audiophile'' gear over the years, like Naim audio pre and power set ups, Cyrus, Audiolab, Linn, musical fidelity, plus one or two decent valve amps over the years. No hifi any more though, I sold the last of it a couple of years back, which was an old Naim nate 2, which I had set up with a Linn Sondek LP 12. A guy in China bought the Naim nate 2, and paid well above the going U.k price that you would pick one up for. That's if your lucky enough to find a decent one for sale. Quality classic British hifi is prized in the far East. The Nait 2 was one of the best natural sounding amps ever made in my opinion. I like the classic minimalistic looking stuff. Speaking of Battleships I once owned a Marantz CD 94, which I think was their flagship player at the time? It was like picking up a 20 kg concrete block. The best CD player I've ever heard. They don't build them like that any more.

Still plenty of people using 32 bit OS's, though you're probably better off with 64 bit now because of software limitations in 32bit.

Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015 01:26 by Return of Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: Mr Cappy

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 22 Jan 2015 01:35 #197

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Well things are still backward with the Google Opera Chrome browser.

I wished they return the original Opera TTS male voice???? = the voice file was E1MKAN00.LE ....... 5.642 kb
Best clear pronouncing sounding voice I have ever encountered so far.
Don't even know who was the original supplier for the original Opera version 11.64 voice.

Who in the World would know & understand how to make a Extension from these original Opera files with its plugin file to recreate the original Opera TTS voice.
With my limited knowledge I already tried backwards & forwards; but nothing works; so I'm stucked with the Opera 11.64 version. :dunno:
5,468,540 E1FKAL00.LE
5,777,408 E1MKAN00.LE
720,896 ecictts.dll
1,814,528 ecienus.syn
196,608 ecissml.dll
1,232,896 en-us.bin
307 prondict.ini
1,096 ready.pcm
942,080 vxm.dll
7,917 vxmconfig.ini
334 vxmdict_en-us.ini
114,688 vxmplugin.dll
1,236,992 vxmservices.dll
1,230 vxmstrings_en-us.ini
35,328 xmlparse.dll

Finally they have created a off-line (TTS) text to speech button on Opera Chrome.
But you can only again use the original native Microsoft Anna female Windows voice.

Also this only works on Opera Developer version 28....... its NOT working on the Stable Opera Chrome v 26. :dunno:

The extension is called:
SpeakIt!
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/Select%20and%20Speak?hl=en

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015 01:53 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 26 Jan 2015 16:21 #198

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Mario wrote:
One more small Tip for your Context Menu

Did you ever searched for something on your computer throughout C: Drive in the original Explorer search Window & while the search starts to list the first found items you like to look at them on the spot even so the search is not finished.

But as soon you click any Item to Open you like to view directly; it will stop the Explorer search process because the file or Folder you like to view gets opened within the same search window on Windows 7.

Or it will open a new Window; but still its linked to a search process link address & you can not see where the file is located in your folder tree or even go there directly. :ponda:

What I like to get onto my context menu is this .........

The searching continues & I can open the file or Folder by right clicking my mouse on any item the search produced & opens it in a new Explorer Window and is connected to the File tree & not anymore to the search function link address.

So I came up with this after some hours searching for the place within the registry & added this to my registry.

If anyone likes it; here is the Reg code I added to create my context menu item.............

Create a new text file & copy the code below into it & rename ......
Name the file for example " Open Folder Location while search goes on.reg "

Now I got what I needed..................
Now I just right click the file & pick from my new context menu item "Open Location & Search Continues"
Now the searching will just continue & I can look at the item I selected in a new Explorer Window without stopping or the need to wait for the search process to finish.

Small revision to the above >>>>> this one I use now after searching around for answers:
Now it will not open or execute the file directly from the search window. (Which is fine for (??.txt) files; but not to good if you use it on executable (??.bat) files).

So this now gives the context menu item two options to set this up;
or a second menu item could be created to have both options to hand:
1) first command style will open folders at there location; but will run & execute files with there default application.

2) Second command style will open folders in there location ..... also files are opened at there location without running the default application relating to the extension of the file.

>>>>

1) Instead of using this command:
%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe %1

2) I changed it to this:
%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /n,/Select,%1

Found my answer for it in here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2863-windows-explorer-taskbar-icon-change-open-target.html

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2015 16:37 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 01 Feb 2015 16:27 #199

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Error Problem Solved
Flash Player 16.0.0.296 plugin .. for Opera 27 & 28D Chrome
Flash player problems are occurring due to conflict!

27 - 28D Chrome
Never give up ...... where there is a Will there is a Way!
Ha ...........Good news for a change!!!
:)

I fixed it after a bit of playing around ..... got the video showing nicely now on Browser Opera Chrome version.27
And one:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it...........

Here is how I fixed it; for those which having the same problem on Chrome Opera newest versions.
Five simple steps ....

1) Go here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html 

a) Download this standalone Plugin install File >> Size = 18,228 KB Internet Explorer >>> b) And this one >> Size = 18,741 KB Plugin-based browsers >>

2) Go to Start >> Control Panel (Progams and Features) find all versions of Flash Player you may have & un-install ALL of them!

3) Close all your Browsers ........ and install the three newly downloaded Install files.

4) Open your Opera Browser after installation is complete & open your Plugin page .............. type in your address bar >>>
opera://plugins/

5) Run down the page until you find the Plugin named:
If all went well you should see these three installations within your Flash Player central panel dialog utility:
ActiveX Version: 16.0.0.296
NPAPI Plug-in Version: 16.0.0.296
PPAPI Plug-In Version: 16.0.0.280
All three Standalone Downloads are in this one page .... only just found it:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

All done ............
Now you go to your Video's & watch them ........... Nice! >> Also works for the older versions of Opera :thumbup:

This was the Video which did not work before .......... and many others I could not view on Opera Chrome 27/28D giving a error message.
This guy in the vid needs a shave on the double ..... :chuckle:
@ oiram @
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2015 19:41 by Mario.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 01 Feb 2015 17:46 #200

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
Problem fix if Video URL address don't show here on the forum!

Savonarola wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=BAY46NW7EDo&x-yt-ts=1422579428&feature=player_embedded
(NOTE - can't seem to embed it successfully though, no idea why...but good luck!)
No >>> my real problem for some time already was my Flash Player installation conflict ........ that one I finally solved.

But I have the fix for your embed issue at times
Easy fixed once you change the address just a bit should you have this problem with youtube URL links:

Make the address look like this & cut away all the other stuff behind & after the & sign:

This number is the address ID code of the individual video >>>
BAY46NW7EDo .... & cut all this away for starters &x-yt-ts=1422579428&feature=player_embedded

Also you can see below I remove the " s " from https .......... << Well security bullshit page function!??? :iitm:
This is the baseline youtube URL code       http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I included the part where you can size=30 the window:
Original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=   BAY46NW7EDo   &x-yt-ts=1422579428&feature=player_embedded

The video ID code number on youtube.com always Starts after the v= ????code???? and ends at the & sign.

Same thing but much shorter:
 [ video size=30]      http:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAY46NW7EDo      [/video ]
Result on size=30

I know its getting a bit technical for some ....

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2015 17:56 by Mario.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare