Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.

TOPIC: A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 05 Jun 2016 02:27 #321

Simples, Mac is a much more stable platform than linux, and offers most of the excellent software that's also available on windows, Linux is very limited on the top end software front.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 05 Jun 2016 02:30 #322

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
so linux is subject to what kind of instability? If it has problems, why do you recommend it in previous posts? Just questions, as this is internet i need to say I am just asking, not attacking.

Truth is anti-semitic

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 05 Jun 2016 02:49 #323

It's not necessarily that Linux is unstable, it's just not as stable as Mac or Windows. Many of the Linux distros that are released are often in early development stage, and can be buggy. However if you stick with one of the more developed distros then you should be fine. My main reasons for not using it anymore is the limited software on offer, i.e top end video editing and composition software, such as Adobe After effects etc. Which you can't get in linux.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 05 Jun 2016 03:09 by Return of Zorro.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 05 Sep 2016 20:53 #324

• cultsmasher
  • Inactive
Zorro,

Cultsmasher here. I noticed that you can make a video appear in tour thread. How do you do it!!! There is a video at a website called," Muslim migrants attack White girl in France who rejects their advances." I have tried to download at least six different free programs that supposedly allow you to record what you monitor is showing. None of them worked. Please let me know how you do it. In fact, it would be helpful to see you do it.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 06 Sep 2016 13:47 #325

cultsmasher wrote:
Zorro,

Cultsmasher here. I noticed that you can make a video appear in tour thread. How do you do it!!! There is a video at a website called," Muslim migrants attack White girl in France who rejects their advances." I have tried to download at least six different free programs that supposedly allow you to record what you monitor is showing. None of them worked. Please let me know how you do it. In fact, it would be helpful to see you do it.

To post embedded videos here you just need to copy and paste the code from the web address bar, that's all. Other forums (depending on the format) you'll need to copy the embedded code.

Free or open source screencasting or screen recording software is mostly junk and doesn't work very well. However there's a few Here which you could try.

I personally use Camtasia Studio in windows for any screencasting I may wish to do. Quicktime or iMovie player on the mac.
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2016 13:48 by Return of Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 16 Sep 2016 21:17 #326

I used windows 7 today and noticed the windows update wasn't working again, After doing some research I found a fix for this serious bug.

There's a fair few said fixes out there, but most don't work properly, even after clearing your update cache and deleting the contents of the software distribution folder..

The solution below truly works and you won't have to wait hours and hours for windows to update.

1) Turn off automatic updates in Windows Update.
2) Manually download updates KB3172605, KB3020369, KB3102810, KB3112343, KB3138612.
3) Unplug or block your internet connection. Important!
4) Restart your computer.
5) Install these updates 1 by 1 (with the computer NOT connected to the internet). One or two of them required restarts.
6) Restart your computer once you've installed the updates. Note one or two of these updates may already be installed. Don't worry about it, the installer will notify you. Make sure you download the correct 32 bit or 64 bit update files from Microsoft applicable to your Operating system..
7) Plug your internet back in, turn on updates and search for updates.

Within minutes you should have updates working without long delays are freezing.
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2016 10:37 by Return of Zorro.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 16 Sep 2016 23:34 #327

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
It took over 5 hours on my pc to dl the latest batch of updates (one of which is supposed to fix the problem of slow updates). My laptap went a bit faster.

Truth is anti-semitic

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 17 Sep 2016 10:53 #328

What you need to do Voltaire is delete your updates cache file, or better still the entire contents of your software distribution folder (the files are all in the same folder). You'll firstly need to go into services, then stop the updates service to do the above, you may also need to stop the background intelligence service too if it won't allow you to delete the contents of the software distribution folder.

Note: Delete the CONTENTS of the Software distribution folder, and NOT the folder itself. Then follow the steps I posted above in post 326.

After following all these steps your updates should work like after a fresh install once again.

Last Edit: 17 Sep 2016 12:28 by Return of Zorro.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 29 Jan 2017 20:24 #329

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
Well, obviously I don't know how to post images. :(
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 30 Jan 2017 00:19 #330

• Flare
bd wrote:

Click the right mouse button on a picture, select 'copy' and then click right mouse button in a post to paste it and type surrounding the link.

Keep in mind the link has to end with .jpg or it won't show up.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 30 Jan 2017 00:23 #331

• Flare
^ Still couldn't edit...

But anyway, you have to type [ img] + [ /img] (without the spaces) surrounding the picture link you copied and pasted into the post.
User(s) who Liked this post: bd

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 05 Feb 2017 14:29 #332

bd wrote:

That link didn't have the correct code or format to display or embed the image in the first place by the looks of things. Note, not all images do have the correct format or code to embed or display elsewhere by simply copying and pasting. Sometimes you need to host an image yourself for it to embed. Not usually though. Try and pick images that are either saved as Jpg, Png, or Gif format. Which the vast majority are btw.

Post the link to the image again and I'll take a look at the code. Unfortunately I deleted the link when first editing your post.

If I remember correctly it was a bmp image? Probably saved in Microsoft word or something. An image saved in bmp will probably need converting to one of the other formats mentioned above before it will embed here. As far as I'm aware facebook uses applications that allows it's users to upload, edit, and convert images, such as BMP photos.
Last Edit: 05 Feb 2017 14:50 by Return of Zorro.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 10 Jun 2017 13:50 #333

For anybody who might want to bung this classic OS on an old low spec lap top or PC. The best version of windows XP to date. With many new features and upgrades.

Windows XP Ultimate Royale. Here

Last Edit: 10 Jun 2017 13:53 by Return of Zorro.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 25 Jul 2017 14:22 #334

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Zorro, do you know how the unique historical photos on this website can be archived?

www.mourningtheancient.com/truth.htm

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 25 Jul 2017 16:27 #335

Archiving them online you mean? It would be much easier to just copy and replicate the entire website by using something like httrack Website copier
Last Edit: 25 Jul 2017 17:15 by Return of Zorro.

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 25 Jul 2017 17:11 #336

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Thanks for your response, Zorro.

I thought there might be a possibility to save the photos in one document or something like that,
but I understand now that it's much too complicated or even impossible to do this in a simple way,
so I will save the to me most important and never seen before photos by myself.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

A General Computer Tip, Hints, Help, Fixes, Questions, Suggestions, Solutions, Ideas & HTML code, BBcode ... etc. 25 Jul 2017 17:29 #337

Of course you can save the pictures in a pdf document or a similar format. You can also get Free Photo Management Software to easily save the pictures to an archive while also naming them in batches etc. You can also archive them yourself on Google Photos.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI