Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.

TOPIC: Digital Camera Help

Digital Camera Help 20 Mar 2016 16:33 #1

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
And I mean HELP

I am finally going to get one of these, but there seems to be 2 different ways to upload the photos to a computer, via usb and memory card. I cannot see a slot on my pc that would take a memory card.

That leaves a usb connection - when i go to amazon and look at cameras, none of them say that a usb connection is supplied. Or can i take it for granted that one is supplied. If not, how do i know which usb connection to order?

Truth is anti-semitic
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Digital Camera Help 20 Mar 2016 16:52 #2

• Mr. Plug
  • Fresh Member
I can't imagine any camera these days that doesn't have a USB port.

Failing that you can also get memory card to USB adapters.

www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=ssl&ei=gtTuVuHMIpDDaL2piugD#q=memory+card+to+usb+adapter

Digital Camera Help 20 Mar 2016 17:17 #3

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Thanks - I now remember having seen the card to usb adaptor thing.

Truth is anti-semitic

Digital Camera Help 20 Mar 2016 21:37 #4

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
Voltaire wrote:
Or can i take it for granted that one is supplied. If not, how do i know which usb connection to order?

When ive bought digital cams or know others who have, theyve come with a cable.

That said, dont take what i say as gospel as i havent bought every digital cam that exists out there of course.

Im thinking worst comes to worst, if you buy one and have the cam in your hands and no cable, you find the cable slot on the cam and figure out the cable you need.

Typically the cable has a much smaller socket on the camera side than a computer USB port, so the cable has a small plug one end (goes in camera) , USB plug on the other (goes in computer)

Digital Camera Help 21 Mar 2016 11:57 #5

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Thanks Novum - Amazon also sells the cables. I would have expected the camea to come with a cable but cables are not listed in the prodict details.

Truth is anti-semitic

Digital Camera Help 21 Mar 2016 13:10 #6

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Any digital camera you buy new would come standard with a USB to camera connection in the box, which most times can also double up and act as the charger. I can't imagine any new digital Camera not coming with the correct USB to camera connection and/or charger in the box.

Not all PC's have memory card slots though of course. The way around that is to buy a USB to memory slot adapter. I wouldn't worry about it though, you'll find by far the best way to upload/transfer footage from the camera to the PC or the web is via the USB connection, and the memory card is best left in the camera anyhow.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 21 Mar 2016 13:12 by Zorro.

Digital Camera Help 21 Mar 2016 17:43 #7

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Thanks for the answers. I expect delivery tomorrow of a canon slr.

Truth is anti-semitic
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare