Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Windows 10 - what do people think of it?

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 13 Dec 2016 16:41 #21

• Guessed
  • Fresh Member
novum wrote:
Ok Stampy ya got me, no fooling you is there.

Out of curiosity... since im promoting microsoft, how much you reckon they pay me?

Or do you think its part of the package deal im on and im just fed directives that i must follow? If so, what do you think my system minion package is worth pa?

No doubt they gave you a free copy of 10 for your participation.
Oh wait......that's right...
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 14 Dec 2016 03:25 #22

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Yep i downloaded it because it was free :hahano: ... the freebie period is over now, its like 100 bucks US to buy it now.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 14 Dec 2016 17:47 #23

• Guessed
  • Fresh Member
With Microsoft I've always waited at least a year and sometimes more before using their latest and greatest.
When they started giving something away for "free" I shied away awaiting further developments.
As reports came in about the lack of owner control I decided to try Linux.
I don't regret my choice. Linux has more options for owner control than I can use.
As time goes on and circumstances warrant I'll look into them.

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 03 Mar 2017 00:25 #24

• Straight Shooter

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 17 Dec 2017 19:57 #25

• Bluemoon
  • Fresh Member
I am a Linux guy and literally hate Microsoft products. I recommend Linux for everyone. It is definitely better than any Windows OS.
..but if it's true, you should believe it.

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 18 Dec 2017 12:48 #26

Bluemoon wrote:
I am a Linux guy and literally hate Microsoft products. I recommend Linux for everyone. It is definitely better than any Windows OS.

Yes and no really. The main problem with Linux is the availability of quality software i.e much of the best software isn't available on Linux, like it is for windows or Mac. Wine or play on Linux is extremely unreliable and buggy too. The windows software you can install in wine also often crashes when put to the test. Bottom line is Linux is fine if you just want to use it for Web surfing and everyday use, but it's seriously lacking and light years behind windows and Mac when it comes to professional content creation and design purposes.

The best way to go as an alternative to windows is to install a Mac on the PC, which isn't nearly as difficult as some people make out. The main issues you'll find is with the graphics card or CPU. That said a fair number of the Nvidia Geforce and/or AMD Radeon cards tend to work fine out of the box when installing MAC OSX on the PC. Most of the modern Intel Core processors are factory made to work on the Mac too. Once you're certain you have the right hardware to install a MAC on the PC, then you're pretty much good to go. Then it's just a case of changing some basic settings in the Bios, and going through a few basic post installation tweaks to make sure everything is working smoothly, and as it should be.

In fact a well built ''Hackingtosh'' is superior to most factory built Macs, simply because you can build it yourself to a very high spec, without paying the 2-3 grand price tag that you'll pay for a high end Mac pro. One of the good things about the Mac is graphics seem to punch above their weight. I recently upgraded the graphics on mine to 2 Gig, and it worked perfectly straight out of the box. The other benefits of Mac OS is you don't get viruses like you do on Windows. That's my main gripe with windows, how easily a virus can screw up your whole OS.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 18 Dec 2017 21:42 by Return of Zorro.

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 23 Dec 2017 00:11 #27

• Bluemoon
  • Fresh Member
Zorro, you have to bear in mind that Linux is a lot cheaper than Windows and Mac OSX. Yes, a lot of applications on Linux are immature, mainly because it is being developed by people who volunteer and it is freely available.
..but if it's true, you should believe it.

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 23 Dec 2017 13:10 #28

Sure, I'm not knocking Linux either. Linux is a great OS if you just want it for everyday use. It's just no good as a choice of OS for professional content creation & design.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

Windows 10 - what do people think of it? 04 Jan 2018 04:41 #29

putang ina mo bobo tanga