Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.

TOPIC: Browsers and coookies

Browsers and coookies 30 Nov 2017 01:31 #1

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
So I have several browsers installed. I use one of them as non-cookie tracking browser. I subscribed to a service whixh requires that I allow ads and cookies, via a difeferent browser. Does this mean that my activity on the non-cookie browser is now available to the other browser? Intuition says it isnt but would like confirmation.

Truth is anti-semitic
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Browsers and cookies 02 Dec 2017 09:44 #2

• Frothy
  • Released
Idk but you can install this for free and rid your cookies anytime you like...

www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

It looks like this once you've downloaded it.

Just don't upgrade and it's free.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2017 11:16 by Frothy. Reason: The Jews did it

Browsers and cookies 02 Dec 2017 23:06 #3

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Thanks I do have it already - is not updating due to embedded malware in the new version? I thot that was malwarebytes

Truth is anti-semitic

Browsers and cookies 02 Dec 2017 23:32 #4

• Frothy
  • Released
Malwarebytes is a different program altogether, it';s used to move malware that has infested your computer. it seems you have a rouge version of CCleaner installed.

The malware infecting CCleaner could give hackers control over the devices of more than 2 million users. CCleaner is designed to rid computers and mobile phones of junk, such as unwanted applications and advertising cookies.

Two versions of the program were modified illegally before they were released to the public, Piniform said.

However, the threat has been neutralized, according to Piniform Vice President Paul Yung, who explained that the rogue server the hackers used to control the code is down, and other servers no longer are in the attackers' control.

All users who downloaded the infected version of the program for Windows, CCleaner v5.33.6162, have received the latest version of the software. Users of CCleaner Cloud version 1.07.3191 have received an automatic update.

"In other words, to the best of our knowledge, we were able to disarm the threat before it was able to do any harm," Yung said........."It is critical to remove this version of the CCleaner software and associated malware, since it's structure means it has the ability to hide on the user's system and call out to check for new malware updates for up to a year," Williams explained
www.ecommercetimes.com/story/84818.html

If I had your 'embedded malware' issue I'd remove your version of CCleaner and reinstall it again now that the issue appears to have been resolved. You must have inadvertently downloaded the Jewish version.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2017 23:57 by Frothy.

Browsers and coookies 03 Dec 2017 00:38 #5

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
I dont have a malware issue - but recently either ccleaner or malwarebytes was in the news as passing on malware via its latest versio (i think it was ccleaner and i didnt upgrade)

Truth is anti-semitic

Browsers and coookies 03 Dec 2017 07:57 #6

• Frothy
  • Released
I guess it was CCleaner then in the news, but if anyone has something on the program that says 'embedded malware' etc...it's not something good to keep, and deleting/reinstalling it is the the way to go imo.

Anyway that's all I know about ridding cookies.
Jews LARPing as Nazis

Browsers and coookies 07 Dec 2017 21:21 #7

Voltaire wrote:
So I have several browsers installed. I use one of them as non-cookie tracking browser. I subscribed to a service whixh requires that I allow ads and cookies, via a different browser. Does this mean that my activity on the non-cookie browser is now available to the other browser? Intuition says it isnt but would like confirmation.

As long as it's a separate browser i.e another browser which you have installed separately, and you haven't also exported all your settings and preferences from one browser to another, then it shouldn't effect it.

By the way, I've had problems with C-cleaner on one of my windows machines in the past. I prefer using Glary Utilities. I use the portable version. Which obviously means no installation to the hard drive is required.

I*f you end up trying Glary's portable then download the Portable (No installer, Zip Format) version. extract the file with winrar or something similar, then create a desktop shortcut to use the app.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 07 Dec 2017 21:49 by Return of Zorro.