Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place to discuss all things IT and Internet related. Computers, Devices, Phones, Storage, Hardware and Software, Browsers, Connections, Proxy Servers, Security, Troubleshooting and more.

TOPIC: What modem/router to folks here use?

What modem/router to folks here use? 29 Jan 2018 10:08 #1

• muppetry
  • Fresh Member
As per the thread title and any major reason why? :)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What modem/router to folks here use? 03 Feb 2018 21:34 #2

Mind your bsness cunt...as you can see by the responses..nobody gives a fuck :wissl:

What modem/router to folks here use? 04 Feb 2018 09:25 #3

• Lux Interior
  • Silver Member
  • Do you know de way?
I think that's just Ents way of saying welcome to the forum.....
liberabo te ab inferno

875 020 079

He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision—he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath: "'The horror!
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, entrangermercenary1, Exorcist

What modem/router to folks here use? 08 Feb 2018 01:26 #4

Lux Interior wrote:
I think that's just Ents way of saying welcome to the forum.....

:lmao: :thumbup:

What modem/router to folks here use? 10 Feb 2018 08:51 #5

• muppetry
  • Fresh Member
Yes, all very interesting, but I am still none the wiser. Does anyone here use BT Home Hub hardware?

What modem/router to folks here use? 11 Feb 2018 18:52 #6

• Exorcist
NUKES ARE A HOAX
TRUTH IS HATE FOR THOSE THAT HATE THE TRUTH
Meet the New Boss.....Same as the Old Boss

http://www.stopthecrime.net/Henry-Makow---Illuminati----(2008).PDF
(((ROCCO))) is a Sayanim Troll
(((HotRod))) is a (((ROCCO))) sock account
MrAnderson is a Bollock….lmao

What modem/router to folks here use? 11 Feb 2018 20:23 #7

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Are you able to choose a router? I thought that the router was tied into the isp you choose. Then again please remember I am mentally deficient when it comes to techno stuff.

Truth is anti-semitic

What modem/router to folks here use? 11 Feb 2018 20:36 #8

• Exorcist
Exorcist wrote:
Pfiz is the techno expert and will be more than happy to carry out an examination to check you're equipped with the correctly shaped router bit....
:lmao:
NUKES ARE A HOAX
TRUTH IS HATE FOR THOSE THAT HATE THE TRUTH
Meet the New Boss.....Same as the Old Boss

http://www.stopthecrime.net/Henry-Makow---Illuminati----(2008).PDF
(((ROCCO))) is a Sayanim Troll
(((HotRod))) is a (((ROCCO))) sock account
MrAnderson is a Bollock….lmao
Last Edit: 11 Feb 2018 20:37 by Exorcist.

What modem/router to folks here use? 11 Feb 2018 22:54 #9

• Frothy
  • Released
Voltaire wrote:
Are you able to choose a router? I thought that the router was tied into the isp you choose. Then again please remember I am mentally deficient when it comes to techno stuff.

:yup:
Jews LARPing as Nazis

What modem/router to folks here use? 12 Feb 2018 00:48 #10

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Bobby Batter wrote:
Voltaire wrote:

Bobby hates me

q'uelle horreur

What a fine example of a forum member you are BB.

Truth is anti-semitic

What modem/router to folks here use? 12 Feb 2018 06:04 #11

• muppetry
  • Fresh Member
Voltaire wrote:

Hi there. I do not claim to be a tech expert, certainly not, but I do know that what you think is not correct. An internet connection is just that, an internet connection, and as far as I know you can get any modem/router to work with virtually any ISP; if not all of them. I know that some ISP's have been known to make it a bit harder to do that, but in such cases there is invariably a workaround. As for BT, they tried telling me I really shouldn't try to use a third party modem/router, but it really is a piece of cake to do so with BT.

The whole reason I started this thread is because I always take the view it is far better to try and not be a sitting duck, than just sit there and do nothing. This is especially the case, given that an awful lot more funding is now going into the cyber division of Police State U.K.. I have been active in the truth movement for many years now and I ended up ditching my BT hardware in 2016. This was primarily because I wasn't at all keen on the new BT Smart Hub, due to BT deciding customers should no longer have the option to switch the wireless off. WTF! :facepalm: Anyhow, I asked around and some people reckoned it was best to switch to a modem/router manufacturer that was less susceptible to contamination from Western Intel.

I plumped for a Draytek (Taiwan) in the end, after ditching my old Home Hub, and have certainly suffered less interference since doing so. I am definitely not claiming to now be hack-proof and always take the stance that everyone can see what I am doing online and what is on my pc. However, nowadays my pc doesn't get scanned by some junior office boy, from one sad department or another, every fricking day. They literally have nothing much else to do you see. This is a 100% fact and proves that BT, plus other Western mainstream modem/router manufacturers no doubt, have somehow made it easier for Western Intel to access our internet connected devices. All in the name of combating terrorism as well, when it is people like us who are really combating the terrorism. Ha ha ha. :lmao: I still have at least one 'assigned freak' on my back, who has let me know he can access my system regardless, but c'est la vie. All par for the course and I am no longer part of the lowest common denominator in such matters. :chuckle:

So, has anyone else had a similar experience to me? If not, then is anyone else who thinks they are suffering from undue 'interference' willing to give my advice a go and report back with their findings? Please don't be shy about this and, if in any doubt about installation, then just get on to Checkatrade to find a local tradesman to help you get set up with your new kit.

www.checkatrade.com/

I fully set up my new modem/router with no hassles in less than 30 minutes. An expert could probably do it in 20 minutes or less, as long as there are no unforeseen problems, and certainly shouldn't be charging any more than £30 for the privilege. Peace all. :)

Exorcist wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Pfiz is the techno expert and will be more than happy to carry out an examination to check you're equipped with the correctly shaped router bit. :lmao:

Is she a...................................................... WOMAN? :O I must say that I didn't have a clue what I was looking at, when I saw that picture, and wondered whether it was the futuristic, sexual equivalent of the Swiss army knife. :cool2:

Last Edit: 12 Feb 2018 06:13 by muppetry.

What modem/router to folks here use? 12 Feb 2018 21:22 #12

• Frothy
  • Released
Voltaire wrote:
Bobby Batter wrote:
Voltaire wrote:

Bobby hates me

q'uelle horreur

What a fine example of a forum member you are BB.

I don't recall announcing that I hate you, perhaps it's in your head, like a lot of the other conclusions that you decide upon?

I don't know why you've decided that I'm such a fine example of a forum member, I just post my posts and take the piss out of idiots like you. I really haven't got the passion to hate you though.

It's mild entertainment not hatred.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2018 21:29 by Frothy. Reason: The Jews did it