Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
A place where individual films, books, games, television programs, transmedia productions and more can have their own dedicated thread for posters to comment on and rate.

A unique category combining traditional reviews with the added scope of TZ members and guests able to recognise and comment on propaganda and symbolism present in the works.

TOPIC: New Category and subcategories - info, questions and feedback thread.

New Category and subcategories - info, questions and feedback thread. 03 Oct 2015 04:36 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
New category, somewhat self explanatory but feel free to ask Q's.

Thanks to a TZ member for suggesting this, I will leave it up to that person to come forward should they choose to. :good:

Added some extras also to build on the original idea... gaming, transmedia and other.

Try post in the relevant sub categories please when making a thread about a film, book etc. The newest threads will show up under the main category by default also, as will this thread since I didnt select a sub but rather the parent category (Movies, Books, Gaming and More)

The idea here is that each one individual film or book etc gets its own thread, when someone decides to make a thread about it. Others can then reply to that thread if its about the same thing, review it, comment, bring new things to the discussion or realisation, etc.

We can also have a rating system, leave a rating out of 10 stars in your post about a specific film/book etc. They will be tallied and an average score adjusted in the OP. Only members ratings will be counted, once for each member. We might find ways to automate this going forward, ie each member can vote out of 10 once and the average shows somewhere.

If the above is not what is posted here in this cat, then it probably belongs elsewhere on the forum.

I will perhaps post an example thread about a film, and we can go from there.

Feedback and suggestions re this new category welcome.

Since its a new concept for here there may be some rules put in place for this category, and some evolution of the category, we can figure it out as we go.

:cool:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2015 09:27 by novum.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

New Category and subcategories - info, questions and feedback thread. 03 Oct 2015 09:36 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
We also have the option to make threads/posts/bumps in this category not show up when pressing 'recent'

With this kunena platform, most people tend to browse by pressing 'recent' , it is Kunena's equivalent of 'New Posts' and similar on other forums.

Categories can be omitted from being in those results. Instead peeps can browse in the categories, and new posts show when the little icons turn green on the forum index page also.

Currently its default (on) so posts in this cat show when pressing 'recent' , just like all the other cats, except for the vent room and members area.

Vent room and Members Area dont show up in the 'recent' list of posts, one has to go down there and browse into them. Again the green indicators should indicate new posts down there (when one is logged in and looking at the forum index page)
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 03 Oct 2015 09:37 by novum.

New Category and subcategories - info, questions and feedback thread. 03 Oct 2015 10:46 #3

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Ive posted a few examples to get the ball rolling.

The actual idea though is for peeps to write their own thoughts. (in my examples i only either wiki cut and paste or didnt add anything of susbstance)

1365 = 1

Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare