Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: US sends nuclear-powered aircraft carrier through South China Sea, to project its power in strategic rivalry with China

US sends nuclear-powered aircraft carrier through South China Sea, to project its power in strategic rivalry with China 20 Oct 2012 10:46 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam (AP) — America sent a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier on a cruise through the South China Sea on Saturday, projecting its power in waters that are fast becoming a focal point of its strategic rivalry with Beijing.

The USS George Washington’s mission could raise hackles in China, which is locked in disputes with Vietnam, the Philippines and other governments over ownership of islands in the region.

It will likely reassure the jittery smaller nations of Washington’s support in their tussles with China, whose growing economic and military might is leading to a greater assertiveness in pressing its claims in the South China Sea. The United States is building closer economic and military alliances with Vietnam and other nations in the region as part of a ‘‘pivot’’ away from the Middle East to Asia.

China is also locked in an unexpectedly fierce dispute with American ally Japan over the ownership of islands in the nearby East China Sea. On Friday, Beijing staged military exercises near the islands to demonstrate its ability to enforce its claims.

Full story: www.boston.com/news/world/asia/2012/10/19/aircraft-carrier-cruises-disputed-seas/1bn7cZavhGP2enkx3HIIGO/story.html
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

US sends nuclear-powered aircraft carrier through South China Sea, to project its power in strategic rivalry with China 03 Nov 2012 06:43 #2

• Coco
  • Fresh Member
Russian sub in the Gulf of Mexico? Where's the mention of what they saw?

www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/08/19/Reports-of-Russian-sub-in-gulf-downplayed/UPI-35751345390615/

Crud, I can no longer find an article citing the Russians witnessed, continuing attempts to stop the flow of raw crude into the Gulf of Mexico. Either such was a hoax or it was not. I dunno.

Then again, while exploring just who invented a successful helicopter, credit was given the the Italians. Sure, they have Da Vinci, but also had a great pioneering spirit, As I was told it was the Germans who perfected the contraption after the Italians and French and so forth. But, I yet to find mention of this. Hell, even Sikorsky gets credit here and there. Sometimes.

Please advise.
Last Edit: 03 Nov 2012 06:49 by Coco.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

US sends nuclear-powered aircraft carrier through South China Sea, to project its power in strategic rivalry with China 03 Nov 2012 08:00 #3

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
China is also locked in an unexpectedly fierce dispute with American ally Japan

Japan is as much an ally of USRAEL as is Germany. Both countries are occupied since 1945, thus they are slave colonies and at no time were sovreign since then.

@ Coco
As the cleasing of msm, dictionaries, wikilias, history books .... by minitruth is almost completed now, you will find that in all countries of this planet the most ingenious inventors, artists, scientists ... belong to a so-called religious minority, at least if you dig a bit deeper.
And I have to admit this definitely is some kind of special genius to be able to create a completely new, revised weltanschauung for the masses in this way.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 03 Nov 2012 08:18 by PFIZIPFEI.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare