Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Barack Obama wins US election

Barack Obama wins US election 07 Nov 2012 20:16 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
US President Barack Obama pledges to reach across the political divide as he basks in a clear election win over Republican Mitt Romney.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Scuse me for not jumping for joy... :roll:

As if it makes any difference who won. (well maybe to Iran it does)
The pen is mightier than the sword
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Barack Obama wins US election 07 Nov 2012 20:58 #2

• Rural_Oral
  • Fresh Member
No matter who you vote for the government always gets in, I renounced my US citizenship in 1980 and I haven't seen any election or change that persuades me that i was wrong.
" Vietnam was the first war ever fought without any censorship. Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind "

General William Westmoreland Time magazine, Apr. 5, 1982

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Bullock
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Barack Obama wins US election 07 Nov 2012 23:29 #3

• cantata
  • Silver Member
How do "crowds" stir themselves up into such a state? And for people like Politicians, Royalty, Celebrities, etc?

*Rural Oral, I thought you did live in the USA. Where are you in the world, if you don't mind saying?*
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Barack Obama wins US election 08 Nov 2012 14:12 #4

• Rural_Oral
  • Fresh Member
Derbyshire Uk, I left the US in 1973. :)
" Vietnam was the first war ever fought without any censorship. Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind "

User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Barack Obama wins US election 08 Nov 2012 19:45 #5

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Ah. Welcome Yankee-Doodle-Dandy. *Bit late* I hope you're happy in the U.K.

OT: Seriously, have you EVER in your life seen or met anyone who makes you want to scream, yell and wave a little flag about? Are these crowds paid or real? "Real" would be very scary indeed.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: Rural_Oral

Barack Obama wins US election 08 Nov 2012 20:19 #6

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Rural_Oral wrote:

I've never visited the US (apart from on television of course haha), but really I can't imagine anywhere more different from Alabama than Derbyshire :D

*edit* perhaps that's the whole point...?
Last Edit: 08 Nov 2012 20:22 by diamondgeezer.
User(s) who Liked this post: Coco, Rural_Oral, MrsGood

Barack Obama wins US election 10 Nov 2012 10:11 #7

• Coco
  • Fresh Member
Well......I didn't, and have never, voted. Folks say that offers me no platform to opine.

Excuse me?

I, as a born citizen, renter, worker, sales tax payer, federal tax payer, vehicle owner tax payer, etc. disagree.

I resent being chumped lower than an illegal alien voter that can still get a driver's license and a credit line, reaping the benefits while paying nothing into the system. After all, it's my mother state that can't bloody count votes since 2000; that is so damn corrupt as to remind of the Old South voting practices of the 20's and 30's.

But I don't live in Florida anymore...I'm very glad and very sad at the same time. (It's a "There's no place like home, but you can never go back home" sort of conundrum.)

My father hasn't voted in about 40 years for the same reason as I, as I became disillusioned in 5th grade when we were taught about the voting process and the electoral college. If a person of such an age can be soured so young with such information, I'm surprised so many are just now catching up.

This doesn't mean I favored one candidate over another, no, I didn't like either. Was it here that I read voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil? Maybe on another site, but such is still true.

Anyway, the press if rife with European and global adulation of the sitting leader's reelection. The news showed photos of people 'round the world waiting with bated breath for the US election outcome and celebrating the reelection. I have to admit my curiosity with this thread's tone thus so far.

No, I did not say I'm against immigrants, just people (native born or otherwise - who take advantage of our system - a system that allows such - without paying into it like the rest of us have to.
Last Edit: 10 Nov 2012 10:20 by Coco.

Barack Obama wins US election 10 Nov 2012 16:01 #8

• Rural_Oral
  • Fresh Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
Rural_Oral wrote:

I've never visited the US (apart from on television of course haha), but really I can't imagine anywhere more different from Alabama than Derbyshire :D

Rural Derbyshire is very much like rural Alabama, Wide open spaces greenery everywhere and of course inbreds. :)

User(s) who Liked this post: MrsGood

Barack Obama wins US election 10 Nov 2012 16:08 #9

• Rural_Oral
  • Fresh Member
cantata wrote:
Ah. Welcome Yankee-Doodle-Dandy. *Bit late* I hope you're happy in the U.K.

OT: Seriously, have you EVER in your life seen or met anyone who makes you want to scream, yell and wave a little flag about? Are these crowds paid or real? "Real" would be very scary indeed.

HI, Most of these crowds probably just get caught up in moment as we human beings tend to do often.

Barack Obama wins US election 10 Nov 2012 19:50 #10

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Rural_Oral wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:
Rural_Oral wrote:

Rural Derbyshire is very much like rural Alabama, Wide open spaces greenery everywhere and of course inbreds. :)

:pmsl:

Barack Obama wins US election 10 Nov 2012 20:10 #11

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Coco wrote:
Anyway, the press if rife with European and global adulation of the sitting leader's reelection. The news showed photos of people 'round the world waiting with bated breath for the US election outcome and celebrating the reelection. I have to admit my curiosity with this thread's tone thus so far.

Yes, the media here attempted to portray the same illusion of mass interest....as if they thought that by repeatedly saying all of us Brits/Europeans would be sitting on the edge of our seats all night awaiting the results, they could somehow make it happen.

In fact the reality of the matter is reflected in this threads tone in my opinion. Interest was luke-warm at best.

Europeans are just as disillusioned with politics in general as you Americans are....more and more people are seeing the bullshit shining through.
Last Edit: 10 Nov 2012 20:26 by diamondgeezer.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare