Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Texas wants to leave the Union

Texas wants to leave the Union 16 Feb 2013 17:43 #21

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
cantata wrote:
I think over here Cornwall has murmurings about going under its own rule. But I think it was some kind of "joke" or reference to a time Cornwall was a bastion of Cornishness, with its own language and stuff like that. Unfortunately, it's an area of deprivation, so it's got everything but its own money and had to remain a playground for the rich who want second homes, for when they want to go surfing. :(

Yep, the Cornish don't quite regard themselves as 'English' even today.

& who can blame them? As you say, Cornwall is officially an 'area of deprivation' (only for the Cornish ofc), but why should it be deprived? It has farming, fishing and a booming tourism industry.

Looks like they're getting shafted to me...
The pen is mightier than the sword
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Texas wants to leave the Union 17 Feb 2013 05:31 #22

• Straight Shooter
Texas might fuck around and end up the new capital of Mexico....

Ruled by oil tycoons...

Texas wants to leave the Union 17 Feb 2013 05:36 #23

• novum
  • Platinum Member
.......... wrote:
Texas might fuck around and end up the new capital of Mexico....

Ruled by oil tycoons...

If anywhere became the capital of Mexico it would also be ruled by cannabis and cocaine cartels? :hahano:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 17 Feb 2013 05:37 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: Black Cloud

Texas wants to leave the Union 18 Feb 2013 02:36 #24

• butterfly
:taptap: never happen. the government has their claws so far into their "property" they'd flatten it before they let it go.
as for the bud and coke, never been to texas have you, may i direct you to the bush family farm

Texas wants to leave the Union 18 Feb 2013 02:44 #25

• StarsChildren
butterfly wrote:
:taptap: never happen. the government has their claws so far into their "property" they'd flatten it before they let it go.
as for the bud and coke, never been to texas have you, may i direct you to the bush family farm

:chuckle:

pot head heaven (please note, this photo is NOT the bush family farm as they dont allow people to fly over or go in their growing rooms/gardens, but i bet they have a few rooms (or a barn, or underground city) full of this)

"hang on hang on, lemme get a few hits here before we make any decisions regarding the state of the world and who we'll bomb next"
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Texas wants to leave the Union 18 Feb 2013 03:50 #26

• Black Cloud
As of 2010, Texas had a gross state product (GSP) of $1.207 trillion, the second highest in the U.S.[131] Its GSP is comparable to the GDP of India or Canada, which are the world's 12th- and 11th-largest economies, respectively. Texas' economy is the fourth-largest of any country subdivision globally, behind England (as part of the UK), California, and Tokyo Prefecture. Its Per Capita personal income in 2009 was $36,484, ranking 29th in the nation.[132]

Texas's large population, abundance of natural resources, thriving cities and leading centers of higher education have contributed to a large and diverse economy. Since oil was discovered, the state's economy has reflected the state of the petroleum industry. In recent times, urban centers of the state have increased in size, containing two-thirds of the population in 2005. The state's economic growth has led to urban sprawl and its associated symptoms.[132]

As of April 2012, the state's unemployment rate is 6.5%.[133]

In 2010, Site Selection Magazine ranked Texas as the most business-friendly state in the nation, in part because of the state's three-billion-dollar Texas Enterprise Fund.[134] Texas has the joint-highest number of Fortune 500 company headquarters in the United States, along with California.[135][136]

In 2010, there were 346,000 millionaires in Texas, constituting the second-largest population of millionaires in the nation

Texas wants to leave the Union 18 Feb 2013 03:53 #27

• Black Cloud
The 2011 total gross state product was $259 billion. This figure gives Arizona a larger economy than such countries as Ireland, Finland, and New Zealand. The composition of the state's economy is moderately diverse; although health care, transportation and the government remain the largest sectors. The hub of economic output remains in the Phoenix metropolitan area accounting for approximately 74% of the states domestic product.[citation needed]

A sunset in the Arizona desert near Scottsdale. The climate and imagery are two factors behind Arizona's tourism industry.
The state’s per capita income is $40,828, ranking 39th in the U.S. The state had a median household income of US$50,448, making it 22nd in the country and just below the U.S. national median.[49] Early in its history, Arizona’s economy relied on the "five C's": copper (see Copper mining in Arizona), cotton, cattle, citrus, and climate (tourism). At one point, Arizona was the largest producer of cotton in the country.[citation needed] Copper is still extensively mined from many expansive open-pit and underground mines, accounting for two-thirds of the nation’s output.

Texas wants to leave the Union 18 Feb 2013 04:06 #28

• StarsChildren
thanks for the info cloud :thumbup:
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Texas wants to leave the Union 18 Feb 2013 04:23 #29

• Black Cloud
Texas is worth $1.207 Trillion
Arizona is worth $259 Billion
Missouri $225.9 billion
Pennsylvania $570 billion
Florida $748 billion
Oklahoma $147.5 billion
Arkansas $105 billion
South Carolina $153 billion
Indiana $275.7 billion
Georgia $403.1 billion
Kansas $122.7 billion
Tennessee $233.997 billion
New York $1.16 trillion
Virginia $424 billion
Indiana $275.7 billion
Mississippi $98 billion
Kentucky $163.3 billion
Alabama $170 billion
Louisiana US$213.6 billion

This is there Net Value....of what they bring to the table , I can't see The Obama administration giving them up with out using force :coffee:
User(s) who Liked this post: StarsChildren