Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured

Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured 15 Feb 2013 09:54 #1

• Black Cloud
rt.com/news/meteorite-crash-urals-chelyabinsk-283/
Russia’s Urals region has been rocked by a meteorite explosion in the stratosphere. The impact wave damaged several buildings, and blew out thousands of windows amid frigid winter weather. Hundreds are seeking medical attention for minor injuries.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured 15 Feb 2013 09:57 #2

• Black Cloud
A meteor has streaked across the sky above Russia's Ural Mountains, causing sharp explosions and injuring more than 400 people, many of them hurt by broken glass.

"There was panic. People had no idea what was happening. Everyone was going around to people's houses to check if they were OK,'' said Sergey Hametov, a resident of Chelyabinsk, about 1,500km east of Moscow, the biggest city in the affected region.

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured 15 Feb 2013 10:02 #3

• Black Cloud
That meteor has is part of this fucker.........www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10864120
An asteroid about half a football field in diameter will hurtle just 28,000 kilometres past Earth next week.

:coffee:

Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured 15 Feb 2013 18:58 #4

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Black Cloud wrote:
That meteor has is part of this fucker.........www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10864120
An asteroid about half a football field in diameter will hurtle just 28,000 kilometres past Earth next week.

:coffee:

Yep....that motherfucker is due to pass close by us later tonight (UK time). And its not just one big meteorite, but a whole group of them....which the scientists didn't suss until the Russian event earlier today - they only clocked the main (largest) object.

More hits by further offshoots of it to come perhaps? :hide:
The pen is mightier than the sword

Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured 15 Feb 2013 19:09 #5

• StarsChildren
figures... lets not warn anyone they could get smashed by a rock falling out of the sky UNTIL it happens :facepalm:
i haven't even heard of the russian even til i came on here, nothing on the local news or cnn that i have seen so far (there was a mention of something passing close by, but that was it)
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured 16 Feb 2013 01:09 #6

• StarsChildren
they just showed the meteor on the local news, someone filmed it from their car apparently... but that was it, no mention of others coming in or anything else, a comment from the news guy of "one scientist says its no surprise, happens every week"
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Meteorite hits Russian Urals: Fireball explosion wreaks havoc, up to 500 injured 16 Feb 2013 03:56 #7

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Even small ones can do significant damage, if a big 'un hit... :hide:
User(s) who Liked this post: Black Cloud
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare