Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bloggers ‘caught in newspaper crackdown’ as parties agree Leveson deal

Bloggers ‘caught in newspaper crackdown’ as parties agree Leveson deal 19 Mar 2013 16:58 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
metro.co.uk/2013/03/18/bloggers-caught-in-newspaper-crackdown-as-parties-agree-leveson-deal-3548307/
Bloggers risk being hit with huge damages under a press clampdown which campaigners warned would have a ‘chilling effect’ on the internet.

Thousands of sites could fall under the ‘dreadfully broad’ definition of who is a publisher in the new regime.

If a website’s work gives rise to complaints and it has failed to sign up to the regulator, it may be liable for exemplary damages.

Freedom campaigners said it could stop bloggers from writing on issues such as local politics or football club corruption.

Index On Censorship chief executive Kirsty Hughes said it was a ‘sad day’ for British democracy, adding: ‘This will undoubtedly have a chilling effect on everyday people’s web use.’
The pen is mightier than the sword
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Bloggers ‘caught in newspaper crackdown’ as parties agree Leveson deal 19 Mar 2013 17:41 #2

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Well there it is. The wolf is getting closer to the door. The wolf nobody believed existed. The wolf some people still deny the existence of even though they're not far away from being devoured by it. I can smell it's foul breath.

"You can't say that". "Shut up". Bullshit!. Do not ever stop speaking out. Continue to always express your free spirit. Continue to always exercise your free will. Continue to look out for yourself and your fellow human beings. Do not turn a blind eye to injustice. Do not bow down to tyranny. And most importantly, do not be afraid. The moment we comply with those that wish to control our thoughts, our actions, our lives, is the moment that we would throw the human race into the pit.

All I want is to live in peace and to be a free human being, to express myself freely. I don't wish to hurt people, or control people, or steal from people, I just want to live in harmony with people, and nature. Is that too much to ask? Is it wrong of me? Am I crazy? What is this world? What is this shit? What the fuck is going on here!?
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Bloggers ‘caught in newspaper crackdown’ as parties agree Leveson deal 19 Mar 2013 17:54 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
And, all three main parties conspired together to shove this Leveson deal through - so what does that tell you about our so called 'democracy'?

The pretence has almost gone now...
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Bloggers ‘caught in newspaper crackdown’ as parties agree Leveson deal 19 Mar 2013 21:38 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irrepressible wrote:
Well there it is. The wolf is getting closer to the door. The wolf nobody believed existed. The wolf some people still deny the existence of even though they're not far away from being devoured by it.

Yep,

diamondgeezer wrote:
And, all three main parties conspired together to shove this Leveson deal through - so what does that tell you about our so called 'democracy'?

The pretence has almost gone now...

Naturally.

Politicians, they all have the same agenda, because a script is handed to them. If they dont play ball they aint there.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2013 21:39 by novum.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare