Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack'

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 18:00 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
This just happened an hour or so ago.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303
A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London.

Eyewitnesses said a man was attacked in the street by two individuals who were later shot by officers.

Local MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man was a soldier at Woolwich barracks but this has not been confirmed.

The prime minister said the attack was "truly shocking". The government is reported to be treating it as a suspected terrorist incident.

Home Secretary Theresa May has summoned a meeting of Cobra to assess the incident.

It is understood she has also requested updates from the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Bernard Hogan-Howe, and the head of MI5.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson said the police view is that the the attack may have been filmed and footage may exist.

People carrying out the attack were of Muslim appearance and cries of God is Great or Allahu Akbar were heard, said our political editor.

London Ambulance Service confirmed one man had been found dead at the scene.

It said two men had been taken to hospital, one in a serious condition.

One of the men was airlifted from the scene, and another was taken away by road ambulance

A spokesperson said an air ambulance and four crews had attended the scene.

Witnesses reported by the Press Association said two people had been shot after armed police were called to an incident in which a man was attacked with a machete-style knife.

One witness, identified only as James, said two men had attacked another man, aged about 20, who was wearing a T-shirt of military charity Help for Heroes.

"These two guys were crazed. They were just animals. They dragged him from the pavement and dumped his body in the middle of the road and left his body there," he told LBC radio.

He said after the "horrendous" attack, the two men, who were also in their 20s, stood around, waving knives and a gun, and asked people to take pictures of them "as if they wanted to be on TV or something".

"They were oblivious to anything, they were more worried about having their photo taken, running up and down the road," he said.

Thomas, a witness who contacted the BBC, said: "I got there minutes after it happened because you could hear gunshots from Woolwich High Street.

"Basically two men carried out an axe attack on a young army cadet walking along the street, by the looks of things the police responded and then shot them in front of the public
The pen is mightier than the sword
Last Edit: 22 May 2013 18:03 by diamondgeezer.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 18:23 #2

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Yes, I've just seen it on the internet headlines, which read: "Soldier beheaded in horror attack".

Wtf is everywhere becoming? The level of hatred someone/s must be harbouring to do something like this has to be poisonous in their systems, surely?

Terrible.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 18:33 #3

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Utter madness, insanity, that's all it must be, complete insanity. All reason and empathy out the window to be able to do that to another human being.
Without war mongering corporations and governments, and without crazy belief systems, would that have happened? I don't think it would have.

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 19:03 #4

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
It is insanity, end of. ''crazy belief systems'' indeed....

I'm not racist, nor anti-muslims, nor anti the 'normal' versions of the muslim belief system, which are peaceful enough in my experience. But this crazy version of it isn't acceptable in my opinion...I don't want it around me.

We all have to put up with the world being shite, with war-mongering governments etc (whether it be our own govt or someone elses), but most of us don't go round hacking young blokes to death in the street because they happen to be wearing the 'wrong' t-shirt because of it, end of.

:(
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 20:22 #5

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Video on youtube of attacker already....didn't take long eh.

Blood on his hands...

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 20:24 #6

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Fucking hell :( Wtf is going on?

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 21:08 #7

• cantata
  • Silver Member
OMG. :(

But, you know (and the gods forgive me for even saying this) ...... in a way he's right - our soldiers are out across the world killing and maiming they care not who on the say-so of the likes of Cameron (wtf????), Blair (wt double f))))))) and pasty-faced, boneless nonces like them.

Violence never does anything but beget violence. We've brought it "over there"; now it's turning up over here. But - and again forgive me for saying-so - at least they targeted a soldier, unlike our armed, uniformed crew wherever they go.

Terribly sad.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 21:16 #8

• username
Messed up. Feel sorry for the bloke. I read somewhere online that it was an army cadet. If that's true just a kid :(

This will be used by the wrong people for the wrong reasons though. The government to keep us scared and by the wrong sort of nationalist. Thing is if that bloke in the video is an immigrant he's been in the UK for a long time by the sound of it. I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrators were just off their noggins and didn't give two hoots about islam or whats happening in far away lands.

There's some pretty nasty aerial pics on liveleak (none showing the body I hasten to add, well none that I've seen) but you can get an idea of the sequence of events. I don't want to post them as they aren't the nicest
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, diamondgeezer, irrepressible, cantata

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 21:21 #9

• novum
  • Platinum Member
username wrote:
This will be used by the wrong people for the wrong reasons though. The government to keep us scared

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, username

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 21:42 #10

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
This is sickening. Woolwich is only about 7 miles from where I live. People are shocked and angry. If the gangs and gun crime isn't bad enough..Now this!

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 21:48 #11

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
cantata wrote:

But, you know (and the gods forgive me for even saying this) ...... in a way he's right - our soldiers are out across the world killing and maiming they care not who on the say-so of the likes of Cameron (wtf????), Blair (wt double f))))))) and pasty-faced, boneless nonces like them.

Violence never does anything but beget violence. We've brought it "over there"; now it's turning up over here. But - and again forgive me for saying-so - at least they targeted a soldier, unlike our armed, uniformed crew wherever they go.

Terribly sad.

I agree with some of your post there cantanta, ie violence begets violence etc, but NOT the 'targeting soldiers' bit.

Seriously, that soldier was just a kid, like username said. He probably took the army as a career because there was little else for him. Its NOT his fault!

No way am I even going to consider any kind of justification whatsoever of acts like this. Its not the people's fault that the world is controlled by cnuts, and there is NO JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER for acts like this.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 21:54 #12

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
cantata wrote:

Terribly sad.

I agree with some of your post there cantanta, ie violence begets violence etc, but NOT the 'targeting soldiers' bit.

Seriously, that soldier was just a kid, like username said. He probably took the army as a career because there was little else for him. Its NOT his fault!

No way am I even going to consider any kind of justification whatsoever of acts like this. Its not the people's fault that the world is controlled by cnuts, and there is NO JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER for acts like this.

I agree. I had a really good cry about this. What an awful way to die. His poor family not only have to come to terms with this, but also have his death all over the internet. To see the people with their phones taking pictures...sick.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, irrepressible, cantata

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 21:56 #13

• cantata
  • Silver Member
No. I'm really not looking to justify anything of it, DG. I'm REALLY not!

I just mean the .... senseless irony (?) .... the reasons they give themselves (?) .... we hand that to them, by the bucket-load.

All of the killing is wrong. Just any and every killing is wrong. And none of it ever solves anything - it just gives "the other side" the reason their blackened hearts are yearning for to kill, kill, kill. Ad effing infinitum.

Yes, this is a BOY, rather than a "soldier", I agree. As, I suppose, are the boys our soldiers are killing and maiming at the moment in several countries most of us have never and will never see.

It's all horrible. Killing, killing, killing.... and the only thing is hideous act has guaranteed is.... more killing, I suppose.

Please don't think I'm ever justifying violence or any kind of murder. I never am. I think it's all terribly sad; and ultimately perpetrated by sleezy, soft, inbred politicians who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag, even with a cohort of body-guards surrounding them.

No justification. I'm sorry you thought that's what I meant.

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, irrepressible, pheony

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 22:01 #14

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
To think, our Government are arming and supporting scum like this in Syria.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 22:04 #15

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
ok cantata, I accept that I may have misinterpreted the meaning of your post a bit there.

It was just the ''at least they targeted a soldier'' comment that got me.

Hey, stuff like this gets us all over fraught & all that yes?

Jesus, what a world we're living in right now eh. :(
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, pheony, cantata

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 22:10 #16

• cantata
  • Silver Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
ok cantata, I accept that I may have misinterpreted the meaning of your post a bit there.

It was just the ''at least they targeted a soldier'' comment that got me.

Hey, stuff like this gets us all over fraught & all that yes?

Jesus, what a world we're living in right now eh. :(

No. If you read it like I was justifying it, then the fault lies with me: I've worded it wrong, DG. So there's no harm in my explaining to you and anyone else who reads that post that I am sorry it comes over badly.

I guess I was just trying to somehow catch the monster by its tail and make some sense of it. As if that could be done.

I guess all I was really trying to say (and should have stopped at that) is poor boy. I hope his family get all the love, support, help and healing they need at this time, to even start coping.

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 22:11 #17

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:

We've brought it "over there"; now it's turning up over here (

True. How anyone can think that there won't be any comeback is fooling themselves.
Last Edit: 22 May 2013 22:12 by pheony.

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 22:21 #18

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
novum wrote:
username wrote:
This will be used by the wrong people for the wrong reasons though. The government to keep us scared

There ARE real terrorists out there however.

In 1996, the IRA blew the fuck out of the centre of Manchester, and I don't care what anyone says, that was no 'false flag' by any government....it was a bunch of cunts with a van load of semtex.

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 22:32 #19

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
novum wrote:
username wrote:

There ARE real terrorists out there however.

In 1996, the IRA blew the fuck out of the centre of Manchester, and I don't care what anyone says, that was no 'false flag' by any government....it was a bunch of cunts with a van load of semtex.

Yes, there are real terrorists and not everything is a 'false flag'.

I had a quick look on the DIF...I find it hard to believe that with so many who witnessed today's horrific attack, there are still CT who believe it didn't really happen or was a false flag. One person said there wasn't enough blood. :yerright:

Breaking News....Man dead in Woolwich 'machete attack' 22 May 2013 22:35 #20

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The EDL are protesting in Woolwich...throwing bottles and getting very aggressive.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare