Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Homeless village found in Colchester

Homeless village found in Colchester 05 Jun 2013 14:52 #1

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/10383710.Makeshift_homeless_village_discovered_near_dog_walking_beauty_spot/

I regard this site as displaying the innovation and can-do spirit so lauded by our neo-liberal masters and am of the opinion Alan Sugar should visit and offer each resident a place on the next series of The Apprentice.
No War But The Class War
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Homeless village found in Colchester 05 Jun 2013 15:40 #2

• username
There used to be places like that along the canal in Bath, between the canal and the railway track. Not sure if they are still there. Having spoken to some of the people who lived there I don't reckon they would be that interested in a place on the Apprentice

Homeless village found in Colchester 05 Jun 2013 15:47 #3

• username
There was this bloke as well who had a canal boat with no motor but he made a nice home out of it and he had to move it by hand but he got a bit ill.

The authorities tried to wreck his boat saying it was a permanent mooring that he hadn't paid for (which he didn't, I don't think he paid for anything :D). What was nice though loads of people signed his petition for him to be left alone from all walks of life. They left him alone eventually. You could learn how to make baskets from him.

This is his boat. It looked far more impressive close up. Had a turf roof on it too when I was in Bath.

He seemed quite happy making baskets on this bit of land by the canal and he used to hand people the free newspaper in the morning by the train station.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Homeless village found in Colchester 05 Jun 2013 19:32 #4

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
username wrote:
There used to be places like that along the canal in Bath, between the canal and the railway track. Not sure if they are still there. Having spoken to some of the people who lived there I don't reckon they would be that interested in a place on the Apprentice

The people along the canal in Bath wouldn't want to appear on The Apprentice, but I am fairly sure the people in Colchester would be up for it.

this is ironic in a way, as I would personally like the average Apprentice contestant to be dumped alongside the canal in Bath and folrced to live there. They could see how far their gigantic sense of their own importance gets them there.
No War But The Class War

Homeless village found in Colchester 06 Jun 2013 00:06 #5

• username
Chuck Random wrote:
username wrote:

The people along the canal in Bath wouldn't want to appear on The Apprentice, but I am fairly sure the people in Colchester would be up for it.

this is ironic in a way, as I would personally like the average Apprentice contestant to be dumped alongside the canal in Bath and folrced to live there. They could see how far their gigantic sense of their own importance gets them there.

Nice to see the casting strategy for the Apprentice going to plan :D

A lot of the people by the canal in Bath chose to be there, some people like living off the grid a bit. Of course, some people were there not so much by choice and lived for their ten bags.

However even the smack heads in Bath are very resourceful. i got burgled and they managed to get in my buildings back door then in to the roof space, cut a hole through our ceiling and got entry that way.

Just like the immigrants who cling on to the bottom of a eurostar, some of these people would make very good employees.

Homeless village found in Colchester 12 Jun 2013 17:02 #6

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I thought the govt were driving us back to the stone age, but up until now I hadn't taken it literally.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/scandal-greater-manchesters-hidden-homeless-4303590
No War But The Class War

Homeless village found in Colchester 13 Jun 2013 15:07 #7

• Jadoo
  • Fresh Member
  • That's me in my avatar.............
There's a small homeless village up behind the hospital where I live.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare