Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Easy Killing.

Easy Killing. 22 Aug 2013 17:06 #1

• cantata
  • Silver Member
We have (allegedly) drone killings already, in which remote operators can "play a video game" and kill people easily from a very safe distance. And now, apparently, we have the return of chemical warfare. As easy as pouring bleach down the loo and 1300 people dead without any fuss:

www.washingtonpost.com/world/syrian-activists-accuse-government-of-deadly-chemical-attack-near-damascus/2013/08/21/aea157e6-0a50-11e3-89fe-abb4a5067014_story.html

BEIRUT — The Syrian opposition on Wednesday accused the government of launching a chemical weapons attack in the Damascus suburbs that killed large numbers of civilians as they slept and packed makeshift hospitals with hundreds of victims convulsing and gasping for breath.

Photographs and videos posted online showed the bodies of men, women and children, many appearing to be dead, without visible wounds. Varying opposition claims put the death toll in the hundreds, with some saying it was more than a thousand.

There are unconfirmed reports that hundreds, including women and children, were killed by a chemical weapons attack outside Damascus, Syria.

There are unconfirmed reports that hundreds, including women and children, were killed by a chemical weapons attack outside Damascus, Syria.

While the exact cause of the deaths remained unclear, there was widespread agreement, as one European expert noted, that “something terrible has happened.’’

If confirmed, the use of toxic agents would be the most serious in decades, presenting a renewed challenge to President Obama, who said last year that the use of chemical weapons in Syria would constitute a “red line” requiring a U.S. response.

The Syrian government strongly denied responsibility. But a White House statement put the blame squarely on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, referring to “reports that hundreds of Syrian civilians have been killed in an attack by Syrian government forces, including by the use of chemical weapons.”

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said the international community should respond “with force” if the allegations are proven true, news services reported.

The deaths touched off a vigorous debate among independent experts about whether available information pointed to the use of a well-known chemical weapon such as the nerve agent sarin or to some other toxic agent. U.S. intelligence agencies offered no early verdict.

The attack came as U.N. investigators were already on the ground in Syria to investigate previous incidents in which the United States and its allies have said small quantities of chemical weapons were used. But the U.N. Security Council was unable to agree Wednesday on whether those experts should immediately investigate the new incident.

The Russian government, Assad’s strongest supporter, suggested that the opposition itself had staged the attack in a “pre-planned provocation.’’

Witnesses said the attack began when Russian-made Grad rockets began falling at around 2 a.m. in neighborhoods east of the capital where rebels have had some recent success in repelling government forces.

Sama Masoud, an opposition activist who lives in one of the targeted neighborhoods, described scenes of chaos on the streets as panicked residents did not know whether to stay in their homes or flee.

“The fiance of my sister has died,” she said. “My friend, her husband and her husband’s uncle — all dead while asleep.”

More than 130 videos were posted online showing the victims. In some, children lay on tiled floors, vomiting, convulsing and struggling to breathe as they were treated with hand-held respirators or as medics desperately administered chest compressions.

In others, men sprawled on the floor of a makeshift hospital were hosed down with water in what appeared to be a desperate attempt to wash off the remnants of the poisonous gases.

On radio reports, many people on site (medical and journalistic personnel) are saying this is TRUE.

:(
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2013 17:10 by cantata.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Easy Killing. 22 Aug 2013 18:16 #2

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
:( Jesus.

I've no doubt that it is true. Where the doubt lies (and probably always will) is in who was responsible for it.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, cantata, sketti

Easy Killing. 22 Aug 2013 18:29 #3

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I read about this yesterday and saw the sad, sad pictures. The poor children look as though they are asleep. Still so beautiful, even in death.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Easy Killing. 25 Aug 2013 06:32 #4

• i-baster
  • Voluntarily Inactive
This sort of relates.
I was taking a safety training class today. There was about 30 or so people there and at one point in the proceedings we were watching various you tube clips of sink holes etc. We then watched a clip of a guy in India getting electrocuted. A fair number of people laughed. When you watch the wiki leaks video "collateral murder" it looks much like a video game or something. Detached from reality. I am not sure of my point exactly but people, I think, are desensitized to violence. That guy getting fried is now a chuckle brothers clip. You know?

Easy Killing. 25 Aug 2013 15:43 #5

• sketti
i-baster wrote:
but people I think, are desensitized to violence.

I also think this is happening and the world will get a whole lot nastier because of it.
Trolling myself in the mirror at night...
Last Edit: 25 Aug 2013 15:44 by sketti.

Easy Killing. 25 Aug 2013 16:00 #6

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I agree. All so easy now, isn't it? Press a button: kill! Kill. Kill. Kill. And that's just the start of "games" our children are playing. How easily it translates into life. :(
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Easy Killing. 25 Aug 2013 16:22 #7

• username
I'm not entirely sure it has become easier now, I think it's always been quite easy. For sure the instruments have changed but the intents and motive have always been there.

All through history mass killings and destruction have happened. The ability to program people with ideology to carry out acts has always happened. Forces would go round indiscriminately killing, raping and destroying infrastructure. All 3 were weapons of mass destruction in their time. The raping and infrastructure were more psychological and with infrastructure removal this would ensure future hardship plus other towns would see the next one burning.

Use of such tactics is about control of fear to ensure compliance.

I don't see war methods are any different today, especially with chemical weapons attacks as they cause widespread fear. Even though people are doing this from afar now they still have to ideologically believe what they are doing is correct, just as they did centuries ago when they were up close.

I just feel sad that the attack in Syria happened. I can't sort of come to a conclusion about it in my head; I can't see why Assad would have done it from a strategy point of view and it scares me a bit. I also feel sad that we invented most of it. Poor people

Easy Killing. 25 Aug 2013 16:50 #8

• Straight Shooter
Nuts wrote:
i-baster wrote:
but people I think, are desensitized to violence.

I also think this is happening and the world will get a whole lot nastier because of it.

I don't think that is fair to say when you look back into the past.

There is a simple answer to these problems which is people just need to behave better.