Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NSA Documents Show Misuse Of Spying Program

NSA Documents Show Misuse Of Spying Program 11 Sep 2013 02:25 #1

• StarsChildren
NSA Surveillance Documents Released By Officials Show Misuse Of Domestic Spying Program

BY PAUL ELIAS, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SAN FRANCISCO — Federal officials on Tuesday released previously classified documents showing misuse of a domestic spying program in 2009.

The Obama administration has been facing mounting pressure to reveal more details about the government's domestic surveillance program since a former intelligence contractor released documents showing massive National Security Agency trawling of domestic data.

The information included domestic telephone numbers, calling patterns and the agency's collection of Americans' Internet user names, IP addresses and other metadata swept up in surveillance of foreign terror suspects.

The documents released Tuesday relate to a time in 2009 when U.S. spies went too far in collecting domestic phone data and then mislead a secret spy court about their activities.

The documents came in response to a lawsuit filed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

A federal judge in 2011 said in a declassified order that he was troubled by at least three incidents over three years where government officials admitted to mistaken collection of domestic data.

link

really? :roll: hm...
I don't like to think before I speak.
I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

NSA Documents Show Misuse Of Spying Program 11 Sep 2013 11:31 #2

• jonb
US and British intelligence agencies have unlocked much of the online encryption that protects the privacy of internet users' personal data, online transactions and emails.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/10/nsa-surveillance-documents_n_3902208.html

How many truthers/ whistle blowers etc, that have online banking could suddenly find they have no money?

NSA Documents Show Misuse Of Spying Program 11 Sep 2013 20:48 #3

• username
jonb wrote:
US and British intelligence agencies have unlocked much of the online encryption that protects the privacy of internet users' personal data, online transactions and emails.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/10/nsa-surveillance-documents_n_3902208.html

How many truthers/ whistle blowers etc, that have online banking could suddenly find they have no money?

That's too easy and obvious jonb. If you want to control someone you find out what they spend their money on and threaten to tell their nearest and dearest. If they aren't up to no good then the transactions could be created to discredit them.

One of the biggest threats to NATO security in the divided Europe was probably the use of prostitutes/honey traps if you get what I'm saying. The tactics probably haven't changed much from either side
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare