Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO)

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 01 Oct 2013 00:28 #1

• Straight Shooter
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 17:47 #2

• Straight Shooter

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 18:01 #3

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Just idiocy really, idiocy and bad decisions.

A 2 year old girl had to experience all that.

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 18:07 #4

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The vid in the OP has been removed due to a copyright claim :roll: Does that mean someone is trying to make money off the video?
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2013 18:14 by irrepressible.

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 18:22 #5

• Straight Shooter
irrepressible wrote:
The vid in the OP has been removed due to a copyright claim :roll: Does that mean someone is trying to make money off the video?

Its all over youtube here is another video.

User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 18:39 #6

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
A hundred or so bikers intimidating a man, his wife, and his 2 year old daughter. Well done guys, big men :roll:

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 18:47 #7

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
If it was an accident then the guy should have stayed on the scene. There were enough people there to make sure things stayed rational. The question is why did the bike slow down like that in the first place did something else happen leading up to that and could that be why the driver of the SUV read more into the situation?

Looking at these videos in isolation is a total misrepresentation of the situation on both sides. You could edit all that footage up to paint any number of stories unrelated to the truth.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2013 20:08 by Frog.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, pheony

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 19:17 #8

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Frog wrote:
If it was an accident then the guy should have stayed on the scene. There were enough people there to make sure things stayed rational. The question is why did the bike slow down like that in the first place did something else happen leading up to that and could that be why the driver of the SUV read more into the situation?

Looking at these videos in isolation is totally misrepresentation of the situation on both sides. You could edit all that footage up to paint any number of stories unrelated to the truth.

I see what you're saying Frog. Who knows what the hell happened leading up to it. I just hate it when adults are violent to each other in front of little kids. I've seen people having screaming matches and scuffling with screaming little kids in their arms. It's like all reason and rationality and compassion disappears. That little girl had to sit there and experience men smashing the car window while she was in it and then watch her dad get dragged out and beaten up.
Something tells me that "biker attitude" might have gotten a bit out of hand, although I could be completely wrong. If the driver was in the wrong in the first place, they could have made a citizens arrest.

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 19:30 #9

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
The driver displayed a total disregard for the people in front of his vehicle twice as he attempted to flee the scene! I think at that point he had demonstrated that he had no regard for the safety of others and left any rights he had previously for dust. If he was concerned about his child and other passengers he may have acted differently.

I didn't see any images where the driver was beaten up after he was removed from the car. I saw one guy tackle him to the ground is there footage which show him being beaten? Did they go on to attack the other passengers and the child? How else do you suggest they should have stopped him?

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 19:44 #10

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I think there is a pic somewhere of the driver lying bloodied on the ground. I'm not suggesting for one minute the father wasn't/isn't an arsehole, he might have been at fault, he might not have been at fault, I think the whole situation could have been avoided. Maybe the bikers spooked him and he shit himself and did something rash and stupid and it escalated from there.
They didn't attack the woman and child, they scared the absolute living shit out of them though.

Maybe it's just natural, instincts override reason, we are animals doing an impression of being civilised :chuckle:

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 20:06 #11

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
I haven't seen any images of him beaten up, but I'm willing to accept that he may have received a slap or two.

The passengers being freaked out is as a result of the situation and the driver actually caused the events in the final scene. If any thing the blame for that is attributable to both sides. He may actually have been treated far worse had he been alone. I also doubt that the bikers would have been overly aware of the other occupants as they would have had their attention on the driver.

Regardless the whole thing is open to interpretation and the end scene which went viral and was sensationalised is absolutely not representative of what actually transpired prior to that.

The big question for me is why the bike in the initial accident slowed down as he did in front of the driver in the first place. Maybe something else happened prior to that which was in fact the catalyst. :dunno:

In my experience people at the scene of an accident are generally very rational and deal with the situation civilly.

User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, pheony

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 20:31 #12

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'm just looking at it from the kid's point of view.

The SUV might be a symbol of conformity, consumerism, etc. Bikes/bikers, a symbol of freedom and non conformity, rebellion. Maybe they thought they'd fuck with the square in the big 4 x 4, and the square crapped himself, or got pissed off and fucked with them back.
Maybe the guy in the SUV thought "fucking bikers, holding up traffic, taking up the road, I'll show them!"
It might just have been a misunderstanding that got way out of hand.

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 21:47 #13

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
irrepressible wrote:
I'm just looking at it from the kid's point of view.

Ultimately the occupants of the car are the responsibility of the drive. I accept that that number of bikes grouped like that would be a challenge when they cut in front etc. but if he was worried he could have backed of changed lane etc. there were options. It can be just as bad driving around near Brighton on bank holiday weekends etc.
The SUV might be a symbol of conformity, consumerism, etc. Bikes/bikers, a symbol of freedom and non conformity, rebellion.
Maybe they thought they'd fuck with the square in the big 4 x 4, and the square crapped himself, or got pissed off and fucked with them back.
Maybe the guy in the SUV thought "fucking bikers, holding up traffic, taking up the road, I'll show them!"
It might just have been a misunderstanding that got way out of hand.

I think most of that would require a suspension of reality, as those ideas rely on a stereotypical view which holds no merit going by the images. The folk on the bikes all looked to be regular riders and not some wild posse of gang bikers out on a mission.

User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Cops investigating violent, high-speed motorcycle-SUV chase in NYC (VIDEO) 02 Oct 2013 22:13 #14

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'm just throwing things out there :chuckle: I'm on the side of the kid who was put through a shit experience by adults making shit decisions.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare