Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent'

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 12 Nov 2013 20:48 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/12/david-cameron-austerity_n_4258733.html

David Cameron has suggested that public spending should continue to be squeezed in a "fundamental culture change" that would leave the British public sector "permanently" slimmed down.

Speaking at the Lord Mayor's Banquet in the City of London, he said the best way to keep the cost of living down was to take "difficult decisions on public spending" to leave "a state we can afford".

“It also means something more profound, it means building a leaner, more efficient state. We need to do more with less. Not just now, but permanently," he added.

Critics seized on the Prime Minister's words as proof that the coalition's austerity strategy was motivated by ideology rather than economic necessity.

A spokesman for the PCS Union told the Huffington Post UK: "The Tories in this government, propped up by compliant Lib Dems, want to finish what Thatcher started, and surely no one ever believed austerity was about anything other than ideology."
The pen is mightier than the sword
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 12 Nov 2013 21:39 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Start with their wages and retirement funds?

Yeah, right.

Lean for everyone else, not those at the top, and not so much lean for the puppets under them like Cameron that help them either.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: phemohilia

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 12 Nov 2013 21:49 #3

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
It really is just starting to get rather ridiculous now, ain't it?

It's almost like they're just daring the public to do something, ya know??

:mad:
"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 12 Nov 2013 21:49 #4

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
Critics seized on the Prime Minister's words as proof that the coalition's austerity strategy was motivated by ideology rather than economic necessity.

Really? Whatever could possibly make anyone think that? :roll:

And look at where the cunt was when he said this.

Well how very fucking austere. He's not just taking the piss, he's jamming a catheter into our bladders and pumping it out.
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, phemohilia

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 12 Nov 2013 21:57 #5

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
All I can say is that if this picture...

Doesn't quickly give rise to this picture....

Then I don't think us regular Joe Citizen types ever stand a chance. :(
"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, diamondgeezer, pheony

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 12 Nov 2013 22:16 #6

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
phemohilia wrote:
All I can say is that if this picture...

Doesn't quickly give rise to this picture....

Then I don't think us regular Joe Citizen types ever stand a chance. :(

I think a lot of people are just struggling to get by., too busy trying to pay the bills.
A lot of people I encounter at the bottom of the pile seem to view the actions of politicians as being like the weather; something to constantly moan about but you just have to put up with it.
I suppose though at some point something has to give.
But I think in the absence of any coordinated political movements of any real clout, for the time being it'll probably be a case of increasing numbers of individuals snapping.
The number of recorded assaults on DWP staff soared by almost 50% between 2011/12 and 2012/13 a Health and Safety review has revealed this week.

672 staff members were physically assaulted in 2012/13 compared to 465 in 2011/12. The number of recorded instances of verbal abuse or threats rose by over 50% reaching 35161 whilst the number of ‘other’ incidents – which can include damage to property or fights breaking out which do not involve staff – has doubled and now stands at 6399.

The DWP claim changes to the way some incidents are reported has contributed to this huge rise in staff facing assault or abuse, however it is likely that changes to social security are also a major factors.

johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/shocking-50-rise-in-assaults-on-dwp-staff-in-just-one-year/
No War But The Class War

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 13 Nov 2013 16:06 #7

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
It was hard to stomach David Cameron preaching austerity from a golden throne
As a waitress at the lord mayor's banquet, the contrast between what Cameron was saying and where he was saying it felt particularly chilling

David Cameron prepares to speak on the need for 'permanent austerity' at the Lord Mayor's banquet

At a state banquet for the new Lord Mayor on Monday, David Cameron gave a speech about his commitment to the cause of permanent austerity. He stood up to speak from a golden chair, and read his notes from a golden lectern.

As it happens, I was at the banquet too and heard the news about permanent spending cutbacks for myself. Sadly I was not there as a dignitary, a foreign diplomat, a captain of industry or the director of a big City firm. I was there as a waitress. The contrast between what he was saying and where he was saying it seemed initially almost too laughable to get worked up about. But actually, it reflected something chilling in Cameron's attitude towards the people he purports to be working for.......

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/13/david-cameron-austerity-public-sector-cuts

Comments section: TheGreatCucumber.....
"Seeing Cameron making such pronouncements at such an event was like something out of Animal Farm".

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 13 Nov 2013 17:28 #8

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Comments section: TheGreatCucumber.....
"Seeing Cameron making such pronouncements at such an event was like something out of Animal Farm".

Indeed.

The fact that he (they) chose that event for his 'speech' rather than in the house of commons speaks volumes in itself doesn't it.

A clear message is being made to us.....& I'm not referring to the verbal one coming out of Cameron's mouth.
The pen is mightier than the sword

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 13 Nov 2013 18:48 #9

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
The fact that he (they) chose that event for his 'speech' rather than in the house of commons speaks volumes in itself doesn't it.

A clear message is being made to us.....& I'm not referring to the verbal one coming out of Cameron's mouth.

Yep.

Chuck Random wrote:
And look at where the cunt was when he said this.

Well how very fucking austere. He's not just taking the piss, he's jamming a catheter into our bladders and pumping it out.

phemohilia wrote:
It's almost like they're just daring the public to do something, ya know??

:werd:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 13 Nov 2013 18:50 by novum.

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 13 Nov 2013 20:01 #10

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive

David Cameron Says Austerity And 'Leaner State' Should Be 'Permanent' 13 Nov 2013 20:04 #11

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare