Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 16 Nov 2013 21:41 #1

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I noticed this report in today's Daily Mirror when shopping at the supermarket (so read it quickly in the shop):

www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/david-icke-obsession-killed-son-2796290

I think Icke does seriously disturb many people. I think he does it knowingly and for money (paid NLP or something I can't put my finger on) and I think he does it because of his own need to be famous when he really hasn't enough talent to sustain fame for long.

But can he be blamed if someone at least as disturbed as himself acts in a way that causes them harm or death?
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Last Edit: 16 Nov 2013 21:41 by cantata.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 16 Nov 2013 22:03 #2

• cantata
  • Silver Member
And (to answer my own question) I'd say Yes. He can be blamed. He misleads and misrepresents, but in a bombarding and "authoritative" way that can be very convincing. I remember first really reading Icke's stuff and how it cut me to my core at my ignorance of "how things really were". He made me feel..... damned. Futureless. Condemned. Trapped and with no way out (he offers no solutions to the horrible situations he proposes as real).

For someone who is perhaps not as mentally strong or as life experienced as the rest of us, it could be enough to push them into silly behaviour that could be dangerous.

I think Yes, Icke has a hand in this young man's death to some extent.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, Hexhammer

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 16 Nov 2013 22:24 #3

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I agree on what Cantata just posted...

Icke, well, first time I got "into" his stuff, it was interesting even with all the crazy woo-woo lizard stuff and all that.. But it soon dawned to me, that this guy just makes me scared shitless without any idea what to do about it. Also it became clear that Icke is nothing more than a money hungry con man, the kind of image he want to give off further strengthens this idea. And the final nail to his coffin in my case was how he sees the situation on his forum, how he spoke about us who were and are against the draconian moderation style his cronies execute and the cherry on the top is how ridiculous some of his claims are.

I was pretty naive few years back with this stuff, but getting to know what likes of DI, Jones etc. preach about has made me very critical about all conspiracy stuff.

And yea, what Icke does is dangerous for unstable people, I know few peeps who have serious mental problems, kind of people who, if they get into Icke's stuff, might end up hurting themselves or others. Icke is like religion, it fucks up the fucked up people even further.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 16 Nov 2013 22:44 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
cantata wrote:
But can he be blamed if someone at least as disturbed as himself acts in a way that causes them harm or death?

Im not so sure myself, that Icke is to blame. If people want to try stuff like that they may have anyway, there are other influences out there also, lets say hypothetically Icke didnt exist, maybe this person was susceptible to trying stuff like that anyway, to following others. And to not realising how dangerous certain things can be.

Out here for example, there is no phone reception in some places, basically if you dont tell people where you are going, you can die if something happens, when you travel by car thru remote areas.

I see this as kind of similar, this guy went and tried something risky and yes he left a note but someone should have been there watching from a distance. He didnt take enough precautions, im not sure we can blame Icke for that.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 16 Nov 2013 23:59 #5

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
AFAIK Icke has never encouraged people to engage in such antics and you can read stuff about NDEs all over he place.

Blaming him seems a bit like blaming violent films or computer games for murders. An easy answer for the complexities of what was going on in someone's head.

Though he is of course guilty of the more general charge of being Lord Bullshit of Bullshitonia.
No War But The Class War

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 17 Nov 2013 00:06 #6

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I forgot to mention that I don't think that Icke is to blame on what happened. That's bit like blaming heavy metal music and video games for school shootings. But disturbed people WILL be even more disturbed if they let the Icke stuff go too deep into their heads, there's plenty of material in Ickes work that might flip some gears in peoples mind.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
Last Edit: 17 Nov 2013 00:06 by Hexhammer.

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 17 Nov 2013 00:19 #7

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Perhaps "blame" is the wrong word? Perhaps "has responsibility for" is a better expression. I do believe that is Icke is going to set himself up as a Leader and Authority (and I love Chuck's title for him and his domain :D ) then he has to avoid carelessly mis-leading people. It doesn't take much knowledge of psychology or whatever to see that a lot of people using his site might not be terribly healthy mentally. He should bear in mind that what he edicts has an effect. He does have a responsibility - to whatever degree is debateable - but if he is going to ASSURE people that certain (almost all) theories he claims are total truths, a lot of the harm stemming from those theories lie - morally, if not legally - at his feet.

Not that his membership will ever believe anything like that. They see it as yet another attack on him due to the "power" of "The People's Voice":

www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261313

User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Icke Blamed By Grieving Mother 17 Nov 2013 00:46 #8

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
^Right on the spot^
-Agent Fox Mulder
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare