Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pizza Hut fires manager for refusing to open on Thanksgiving

Pizza Hut fires manager for refusing to open on Thanksgiving 28 Nov 2013 10:36 #1

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
finance.yahoo.com/news/pizza-hut-manager-says-fired-042328900.html

"Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only two days that they're closed in the whole year and they're the only two days that those people are guaranteed to have off and spend it with their families," he told WSBT.

His bosses told him to tender his resignation, but he wrote a scathing letter instead.

"I am not quitting. I do not resign, however I accept that the refusal to comply with this greedy, immoral request means the end of my tenure with this company," Rohr wrote, according to WSBT. " ... I hope you realize that it's the people at the bottom of the totem pole that make your life possible."

As though their MSG-laden ingredients weren't bad enough to lose my business, they go and pull some shit like this??

Right on, Mr. Tony Rohr!! :thumbup: Somebody give this man a decent paying job already!!!
"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."
Last Edit: 28 Nov 2013 10:37 by phemohilia.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Pizza Hut fires manager for refusing to open on Thanksgiving 28 Nov 2013 10:42 #2

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
I just saw this posted by someone in the comments section:

Post from Pizza Hut's Facebook page:
"Update on Elkhart, IN: we feel strongly that the situation involving our independent franchisee and the local store manager could and should have been avoided. We fully respect an employee’s right to not work on a holiday, which is why the vast majority of Pizza Huts in America are closed on Thanksgiving. As a result, we strongly recommended that the local franchisee reinstate the store manager and they have agreed. We look forward to them welcoming Tony back to the team."

I'd say a little bit of a raise would be in order here too. Afterall, they're only gonna rake in fucking tens of millions in profit. Why not show a good, decent person they're appreciated??
"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."

Pizza Hut fires manager for refusing to open on Thanksgiving 28 Nov 2013 18:19 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Its an ongoing trend now though isn't it, everywhere. :(

Enforced 12 hour shifts, nights/weekends included for the minimum wage, places like pizza hut forcing their staff to work holidays etc.

What happened to how it used to be, where supermarkets takeaway outlets etc used to offer bonuses and decent overtime to people who chose to volunteer to work those times/hours?
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: phemohilia

Pizza Hut fires manager for refusing to open on Thanksgiving 28 Nov 2013 18:31 #4

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep I remember the days when the only place open on a sunday to get a pint of milk or whatever was the local asian corner shop....and as self employed small family businesses, well that was their choice....no-one was forcing them.

Now, sunday is just another day shopping-wise.
The pen is mightier than the sword

Pizza Hut fires manager for refusing to open on Thanksgiving 29 Nov 2013 08:34 #5

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Hmm... I guess Finland is luckily again late in trends like this. Or the economy is not going bad enough, yet. In here practically EVERYONE working over time get a good compensation for their time... Specially if they volunteer to work on holidays. A friend of mine is working in paper factory, they pay +50% for over time, +100% for holidays and if that holiday happens to be on weekend, they can get even +200% pay. Not bad at all, considering their pay is quite high on Finnish standard anyway.

I know many people who decide to work on holidays, they can get two weeks pay in about three days.... That's just how its supposed to be I think.

Bigger the company, worse it is to work for them I think... Special mention to any international or "global" chain of what have you. I hate the word global by the way.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: phemohilia
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare