Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses

Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses 01 Dec 2013 23:45 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Record numbers of anorexia sufferers – some aged just nine – are being admitted to hospital, according to shocking figures.
Every night, 350 hospital beds across England on average are taken up by a patient desperately ill with anorexia, bulimia or another eating disorder. The figures have doubled in a decade.
Last year, 15 children aged only between five and nine were admitted to hospital with eating disorders, underlining fears that unhealthy obsessions with food are developing very early.
There is also growing concern that the NHS is worsening the crisis by refusing to treat patients because they are not deemed thin enough.
Many clinics turn patients away until they fall below a certain body weight. One young woman told this when she appealed for help condemned it as a ‘perverse incentive’ to lose weight.
The figures come after the NHS was heavily criticised in a report by the Patients Association. It revealed how a gifted 19-year-old died following failings by GPs, hospital doctors and psychologists.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516569/Anorexics-aged-NHS-treating-record-total-patients-eating-illnesses.html
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses 02 Dec 2013 03:03 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Curves are just fine.... its pretty messed up how things have become.

And bodies need to grow and mature at those ages, denying oneself nutrients can result in more issues later on as well as in the moment.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, Hexhammer

Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses 02 Dec 2013 07:44 #3

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Teach sick trends to kids and look what happens. They're all fucked up in the head. :(
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses 04 Dec 2013 19:01 #4

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
It all stems from the awful insidious messages that are constantly being portrayed to youngsters by the media that 'thin is beauty'....that being thin is all-important.

Not good. :(
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses 05 Dec 2013 08:45 #5

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Funny thing is, I have always found the more curvy girl be much prettier... And I'm not alone with this. Then there's some jerks who go after the skeleton thin women. Crazy shit. Media is much to blame on this one. But trends come and go, I wonder when this trend will be over.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses 05 Dec 2013 14:50 #6

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Funny thing is, I have always found the more curvy girl be much prettier... And I'm not alone with this.

No you are not alone with it......I too find a woman with curves prettier.

I think the majority of men do.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Anorexics aged nine: NHS treating record total of patients with eating illnesses 05 Dec 2013 19:34 #7

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
^This!^

I really don't get these guys who go after the skeletons... And I really don't understand how women of today are so desperate to go on the brink of life and death just to "look good." :(
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare