Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: See your doctor via Skype!

See your doctor via Skype! 18 Dec 2013 12:57 #1

• miacat
  • Fresh Member
  • Rural Retreat
I caught a snippet of news that in some areas of the UK a trial system is being rolled out whereby you can get a doctor's consultation online. Well, good luck with that. :crossed:

Personally I'm not convinced this is a route to go to save money, but hey...let's not complain about how and why the NHS infrastructure has been struggling to cope for more than a decade and why cuts to essential services continue unabated and why the vulnerable in society are being mercilessly targeted, right?

I'm not a DM reader but here's a link:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238132/End-doctors-surgery-GP-visits-replaced-Skype-consultations-bid-save-NHS-3bn.html

:meow:
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, jonb, syxx

See your doctor via Skype! 18 Dec 2013 19:00 #2

• Quirral
  • Fresh Member
In some ways it would be convenient. Agoraphobics, people who for whatever reason can't get to a surgery. Or in cases like mine where the doctors is only open for a few days every week. But only as an option, not as outright replacement. What if your internet dies? What if you don't WANT to intsall skype or to own any of the little gadgets?

I suppose it works out well for the tech companies and all the old non-technology-savvy people will be dying off soon anyway.... :roll:

I don't like the way things seem to be creeping towards EVERYTHING being perfomed online. It's centralising every service and every piece of info. And nor is it sustainable. Ireally believe there WILL be a technological apocalypse in the future, the odds of that happening are more in favour than not, and then what? They put all the eggs in one basket. A society that grew upon relying upon the Machine would have a much harder time re-establishing itself in back-to-basics, since they would have forgotten what those basics were. Eh, but I'm getting ahead of the current times :scotty:
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, syxx
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare