Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Aeneid and the Opium Wars

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 10:53 #1

• Robert Baird
Novum made a comment about the Opium needs in China as if the control of opium controls China. Certainly that was true when the rest of the so-called civilized world destroyed China in the 19th Century. An event which it only now is recovered enough from to become a threat once more to the finances of other nations.

That is why the British Empire and it's lackey the USA foisted Opium upon China. WHAT?!!!

Yes, China had no need for imports and had collected most of the world's silver in the centuries before this use of what I will call a weapon of massive destruction upon the most civilized region of the world at that time.

True, the Russell's including a British Prime Minister and the US founder of the Russell Foundation which controls the other Foundations (not long ago it was run by Heinz Kissinger's brother) were in it for greed. But there was an even higher group in this worldwide emporiae which had been using drugs to ruin or control nations since the use of the Anatolian Blue Lotus and the creation of a Death Cult in Egypt (See Richard Rudgely of Cambridge, his excellent scholarship is a must read). I take it back further to Smyrna and the Onassis Merovingians in 8000 BCE as the world began recovering from the Carolina Bays event which almost wiped out human life on our planet. You will see our global village is not so new after all. Jardine Matheson in Scotland had a director's meeting around the end of the 19th Century which another author had quoted saying "Why legalize drugs, it makes us too much money?: You might stop separating legal drugs from those made by a company Daddy Bush was a director of as he and his Shrub stewarded Patriot Act II to fruition and a near end to class action suits against Eli Lilly who lied like Hoffman-LaRoche to Senate Investigators and probably still do.

This is my response to a very laudatory article on Virgil's great work of Empire promotion which he properly documents had a major enduring impact until very recent times.

Yes, all true but also true is the extent to which Empires have lied, cajoled and outright performed the most heinous acts (See John Paul II in 1999 apologizing for two millennia of those acts). Such a tortured history is the basis for sovereign rights after the Treaty of Westphalia which still maintains the boot of the second Reich on the neck of this planet's poor people.

"In 1944, in his presidential address to the newly founded Virgil Society, T. S. Eliot called Virgil’s Aeneid ‘the classic of all Europe’, and made the claim that ‘Virgil acquires the centrality of the unique classic; he is at the centre of European civilization, in a position which no other poet can share or usurp.’ Seventy years later the Virgil Society still meets regularly in London, but Virgil has lost the centrality he once had in western education and culture. Yet the story of the responses to Virgil’s epic over the last two thousand years, in poetry, drama, music and opera, and the visual arts, remains a central part of the history of western civilization.

The enduring impact of Virgil’s last and greatest work, the Aeneid, is the result of a unique coincidence of moments in political and literary history at the time of its writing in the 20s BCE. In terms of political history, this was the decade in which the first Roman emperor, Augustus, established his new regime after the defeat of Antony and Cleopatra at the Battle of Actium in 31 BCE. In an epic that is both praise of and critical engagement with the new order, Virgil tells the story of the Trojan hero Aeneas, legendary ancestor of the Romans and, more particularly, of the Julian family of Julius Caesar, of which Augustus was a member by adoption. Aeneas flees from his home city Troy, sacked by the Greeks at the end of the Trojan War, to a land in the west, Italy, where he marries an Italian princess and founds a new city, to be followed in time by the foundation of Rome. The Aeneid is an epic about origins and roots, a charter myth both for the city of Rome and for the foundation of the Augustan principate, the Roman Empire that would survive until the sack of Rome in 410 CE, to be revived in the thousand-year long Holy Roman Empire which lasted from the coronation of Charlemagne in 800 CE until its abolition by Napoleon. {Then he was invested as the Holy Roman Emperor - so it was not ended.} The Augustan principate was also a model for other imperial and monarchical powers. The Aeneid provided a template for many later epics, both in Latin and modern European languages, celebrating kings and emperors, or tracing legendary and historical foundations. For example, Edmund Spenser’s The Faerie Queene, a romance epic which gives poetic form to the ideology of the British Protestant state under its queen Elizabeth I, is heavily indebted to the Virgilian model. As late as the late nineteenth century Tennyson’s Idylls of the King, drawing on a British legend of origins, have been seen as poems in a Virgilian tradition, both celebrating British empire and drawing attention to its costs.

In terms of literary history, the Aeneid is the supreme monument of Augustan poetry, the body of works by Virgil, Horace, Propertius, Ovid, and others, which for the first time created a canon of literature in Latin that could stand comparison with the classics of Greek literature, imitated and emulated by Roman poets. The Aeneid pays homage to and challenges the epics of Homer, the Iliad and Odyssey, seen as the very summits of literature in antiquity. From the time of Virgil’s death in 19 BCE the Aeneid was indeed the central classic and school-text of first pagan and then Christian Rome, and subsequently of post-classical Europe, in whose schools the reading of ancient Latin authors was at the heart of the syllabus down to the first half of the twentieth century. The post-Virgilian Roman epics of Ovid, Lucan, Statius and Claudian, all of which have had a major afterlife in the post-classical world, all engage intensively, and often critically, with the Aeneid.

A long line of Christian epics, beginning in the fourth century, rewrites the stories of the Bible in the elevated language and metre of the Aeneid. One example is the now little-read, but once well-known, Christiad, on the last days of Christ, by the sixteenth-century Italian neo-Latin poet Girolamo Vida, whom Alexander Pope mentioned in the same breath as Raphael as one of the luminaries of the Italian Renaissance. Vida is also praised, and imitated, by Milton, whose biblical epic Paradise Lost occupied, at least until recently, a position in English literature comparable to that of the Aeneid in Roman literature. Milton’s epic is a challenge in English to the Aeneid, as Virgil’s Latin epic challenged the Greek Homer. The Republican Milton elevates the values of the kingdom of God over those of earthly kingdoms and empires: the closing prophecy of the Second Coming with the promise of ‘New heavens, new earth, ages of endless date | Founded in righteousness and peace and love’ (Paradise Lost 12.549-50) corrects the promise of Virgil’s Jupiter to his daughter Venus that the Roman descendants of her son Aeneas will have ‘an empire without end’ (Aeneid 1.279). The universal rule of the Christian God replaces the universal Roman empire, whose providential history is plotted in the Aeneid.

Another significant displacement is from Italy, the land in the west from the Trojan Aeneas’ perspective, to lands still further west, the New World of the Americas. The Aeneid’s story of a fated journey to an unknown land by a hero who brings his gods with him was easily adapted to epic poems on the voyages of Columbus, and the bringing of Christianity to the American heathen. An early example of New World Latin epic is the last book of Girolamo Fracastoro’s Syphilis (1530), the poem which gave its name to the disease, and which tells of the discovery of a cure for syphilis in the New World. The Protestant settlers in North America also saw analogies between Aeneas’ journey of destiny to Italy and their own flight from a corrupt Old World to a New World.

The Aeneid offers a legend of origins for the momentous wars between the Romans and the Carthaginians in the story of Aeneas and Dido, the Carthaginian queen whose love turns to hate when the Trojan leader abandons her, at the command of the gods. This tale of tragic love has always been the most popular part of the Aeneid, and has called forth many responses and imitations. In his Confessions St Augustine reproaches himself for weeping for Dido when he read Virgil at school, rather than weeping for his own spiritual death. {I wonder if this guy knows how true that is?} There are countless paintings of Dido, above all of her suicide in her despair at Aeneas’ departure, and a good hundred operas on the Dido story, of which Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas and Berlioz’ Trojans are classics in the repertory."

theibtaurisblog.com/2014/06/1...irgils-aeneid/

As this thread continues you will learn just how important the "Repertory" Theatre has been. You will need to study and research The Treaty of Westphalia, Rerum Novarum (Which addresses Novum's mention equating corporations and Nations), the Secret Treaty of Verona, the woman who founded Carthage who was a relative of Solomon and Yeshua, the Brutti who founded Rome and Britain (which still bears their name and the two Empires who are really run by them still, through the AngloAmerican families called the Eastern Establishment) how Rome never fell but kept growing to this day, Chomsky's history of the corporation now immortal since the end of special status reserved only for individual humans, and much more. In fact I dare say you will see a new world which is as old as the hills surrounding Rome which are like her sister city of Cincinnati where the per capita largest concentration of millionaires existed when I sat near the bronze statues of Romulus and Remus over-looking the serpent mounds which connect to Avebury Plain and other places around the world.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 11:09 #2

• Robert Baird
China - The Celestial Kingdom

China in the present seems almost justified in doing things the rest of the world might think are underhanded. It has been the target of many lies. I could start at least 100 threads and address every century. There were Nestorians around 400 AD who came from the west and Rome or Byzantium. Archaeology has Byzantine coins in China to prove the point. Genghis Khan was a Nestorian and it is hard enough to find who Nestorian/basilians are today (They run St. Michael's College in Toronto). In the 2nd millennium BCE they were large and in charge - Hecateus of Miletus (one of the great sages) turned down his family's inheritance of a prominent role with them. (They are the Basilidae or Basilian fathers)It went to his younger brother. But who are the Milesians? Their name is in the name ML-Ch-ZDK or Melchizadok such as you see in one of two inner sanctum Mormon groups. As a patriarch of the Merovingians who mentored Abraham in the Bible; he is important. ML is the sons of Mile or Milesians. And thus I can and do go ever further back and still find the legends and myths of the SWORD later called Excalibur which was probably associated with the kilns at Dolni Vestonici in 28,000 BCE. All myths of the Bible are Phoenician and the father of Biblical Archaeology said so. They are the Milesians and other partners in Empires who got the monopolies they had re-contracted during the lie called a diaspora (see thread). That is when they created the Hebrew Bible. They are Heliopolitans or Shining Ones at Ba'albek in 10,000 BCE and they still shine today in every corner of this planet. They may even pre-date white people if the Li family has Ainu DNA. I can only cover so much and so I will go back to the first sentence of this thread and address a recent horror show that caused me to defend their apparent inhumane acts as they clamp down on every and all religions, engage in currency manipulation and more.

This link to an article written in the 1920s tells us the Chinese were originally from either the Tarim Basin or Punjab (Afghan area) and makes other guesses I find hard to accept including they were originally blond and white skinned, The Tarim people are whites but I think there were Ainu/Denisovan and others there with them and they were there a long time before this article says. I place the Hindu origin myth of Mt. Meru in the Altaic Mountains homeland of the Ainu and Temujin. There are elements of racism and propaganda in it but that is what academics are known for. I say there were Chinese and Ainu/Denisovan here for a lot longer than the less than five thousand years it says. Recent archaeology is debating the human remains from southern China that date to 14,000 years ago which look Ainu to me and academics are saying it is likely or else they are an unknown hominid.

www.sacred-texts.com/cfu/mlc/mlc03.htm

In the following link I see unidentified origins in DNA for the whole of Asia. I know Thorne pushed back Nanking Man's origins to 750,000 years ago and I can see a time when cataclysms forced survivors into the mountains of Tibet. It shows this throughout China. I expect DNA of Denisovan to show up in more of these DNA charts alongside their Ainu neighbors. I also look forward to which hominid left artifacts in a southern China cave just now dated to 2.4 million years ago!!!! (Told you! LOL)

https://heritageofjapan.wordpress.co...-the-japanese/

history.cultural-china.com/en...tory10254.html

Is the grip on human origins which sometimes seems all about Africa or Out of Africa going to continue; or will we see some authors making sense and describing how pre-white people from Africa developed advanced culture and had great wisdom rather than mere ape-like creatures stumbling here and there. I don't have a problem with Africa being the origin of humans and can even accept we are all descended from one strain of early man. But I do see other possibilities worth discussion. This is especially true in reference to China where I see 2 million year ago humans and a mouse like creature which is a first mammal going back into the time of the dinosaurs. The next link is a book detailing some of the problems China research has had as well as hopes for real scientific analysis a of a more stable hominid and culture than it appears other parts of the world have grown from. Part of this is probably due to climates in the south not having been covered by ice every few thousand years.

books.google.ca/books?id=X6o...0Black&f=false

Andre Malraux was one of the last people stealing artifacts out of Vietnam during the French 'management' of the region. He also worked with China's Kuomintang that is said to be a Masonic type of organization which ran China - and Taiwan - maybe still does.

Andre Malraux, who was the Propaganda Minister for De Gaulle's elitist desires in a country ruled by Merovingians, says these interesting words.

"Art is a dialogue we have always carried out with the unknown. We have come to distinguish the contours of the unknown through the unconscious, through religion and magic and we may soon begin to understand such totally modern emotions as the feeling that we belong to the future, that our civilization is the sum of others."
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2016 11:15 by Robert Baird. Reason: add color

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 11:17 #3

• Robert Baird
From the NYTimes, we have a relative of an on-going story which involved a more recent Bush/Russell as drug runner or enabler; in both Vietnam and Afghanistan. Yes, I am afraid you are most likely only now becoming aware of the enormity of how true it is that "History Repeats". Cucumbers sometimes 'repeat' too and you should vomit when you learn about the Opium Wars and Daddy Bush being someone who fought against drugs (remember Iran/Contra for one).

"The Opium War's Secret History

By KARL E. MEYER

Published: June 28, 1997

Losers rarely name wars, an exception being the conflict between Britain and China from 1839 to 1842, known bluntly ever since as the Opium War. To most Chinese, a century of humiliation began with this war, in which Westerners sought to force a deadly drug on an Asian people, and then imposed an unequal treaty that pried open their country and annexed the island that became Hong Kong.

In embarrassing truth, that is essentially what happened. As Hong Kong reverts to China at month's end, many of us for the first time may see a bit of history from a different end of the telescope. Yet a further point needs making. Even the authors of the Opium War were ashamed of it, and Western protests against it marked the beginning of a concern with international human rights that in a fresh turn embarrasses today's leaders in Beijing.

Along with the slave trade, the traffic in opium was the dirty underside of an evolving global trading economy. In America as in Europe, pretty much everything was deemed fair in the pursuit of profits. Such was the outlook at Russell & Company, a Boston concern whose clipper ships made it the leader in the lucrative American trade in Chinese tea and silk.

In 1823 a 24-year-old Yankee, Warren Delano, sailed to Canton, where he did so well that within seven years he was a senior partner in Russell & Company. Delano's problem, as with all traders, European and American, was that China had much to sell but declined to buy. The Manchu emperors believed that the Middle Kingdom already possessed everything worth having, and hence needed no barbarian manufactures.

The British struck upon an ingenious way to reduce a huge trade deficit. Their merchants bribed Chinese officials to allow entry of chests of opium from British-ruled India, though its importation had long been banned by imperial decree. Imports soared, and nearly every American company followed suit, acquiring ''black dirt'' in Turkey or as agents for Indian producers.

Writing home, Delano said he could not pretend to justify the opium trade on moral grounds, ''but as a merchant I insist it has been . . . fair, honorable and legitimate,'' and no more objectionable than the importation of wines and spirits to the U.S. Yet as addiction became epidemic, and as the Chinese began paying with precious silver for the drug, their Emperor finally in 1839 named an Imperial Commissioner to end the trade.

Commissioner Lin Tse-hsu proceeded to Canton, seized vast stocks of opium and dumped the chests in the sea. This, plus a melee in which drunken sailors killed a Chinese villager, furnished the spark for the Opium War, initiated by Lord Palmerston, the British Prime Minister, and waged with determination to obtain full compensation for the opium. The Celestial Empire was humbled, forced to open five ports to foreign traders and to permit a British colony at Hong Kong.

But as noteworthy, the war was denounced in Parliament as ''unjust and iniquitous'' by 30-year-old William Ewart Gladstone, who accused Palmerston of hoisting the British flag ''to protect an infamous contraband traffic.'' The same outrage was expressed in the pulpit and the press, in America and England, thereby encouraging Russell & Company and most other American businesses to pull out of the opium trade.

Warren Delano returned to America rich, and in 1851 settled in Newburgh, N.Y. There he eventually gave his daughter Sara in marriage to a well-born neighbor, James Roosevelt, the father of Franklin Roosevelt. The old China trader was close-mouthed about opium, as were his partners in Russell & Company. It is not clear how much F.D.R. knew about this source of his grandfather's wealth. But the President's recent biographer Geoffrey Ward rejects efforts by the Delano family to minimize Warren's involvement.

The family's discomfort is understandable. We no longer believe that anything goes in the global marketplace, regardless of social consequences. It is precisely this conviction that underlies efforts to attach human rights conditions to trading relations -- to temper the amorality of the market -- a point that, alas, seems to elude the Socialist soon-to-be masters of Hong Kong.

KARL E. MEYER

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 11:21 #4

• Oracle
  • Futurist & Anthropogenist
Opium wars and not a single mention of jews?

Wtf is this BS here?
The resident shill announced
blue_tackler wrote:
please make my profile inactive, I no longer want to have any connection to this forum.

yet he is trolling further. :facepalm:

blue_tackler wrote:
the lice are only going to jump onto other typhus victim

Prime example of holocaustianity mental issues, clinically insane, and utterly ill informed, a danger to public health if this dude was working for CDC.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 11:25 #5

• Robert Baird
In this article of mine I quote others who note that the shadow government of the US works with communists and all agencies of world power. And I agree with Quigley that this is not bad but should be transparent with democratic input. The Asia Times people knew how important GHW had been in their region even before he ran the drugs in Vietnam when he was CIA China ops chief.

In 1966, Dr. Carroll Quigley, a professor of history at the Foreign Service School of Georgetown University and an employee of the Tri-Lateral Commission who informed or blew the whistle on them; published a 1311 page book called Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time. On page 950 he says:

"There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960's, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments... my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known... because the American branch of this organization (sometimes called the "Eastern Establishment") has played a very significant role in the history of the United States in the last generation."

When I worked in Boston for my promotional company around the year 1980, I had occasion to meet people who were the PR 'fronts' for the Cabots and Lodges who told me the Bushes were mere paladins. The Pilgrim Society seems to be the same group of people that one of these people called The Beacon Hill Mob. They created the likes of Henry Kissinger through the Rockefeller Foundation and Kissinger's brother has headed the Heritage Foundation. These Foundations are under the Russell Trust and the Russells founded Skull & Bones and made their Merovingian brothers huge fortunes in the Opium Wars. The Bush family continued to watch over this all through the Vietnam War and even while Ross Perot was trying to extract MIAs. I cannot go over all these details again in this book. I am trying to paint a broad over-arching awareness and I hope people will delve deeper and check the things I say - from more than one perspective. The Bush/OSS creation of the Bilderbergs was something I gained insight to from a retired General who had been with the OSS during its formative stages and who had been called out again to teach in Vietnam. That was about 1974. I learned so much from this one man in one afternoon! The following excerpt brings us another tentacle of the 'octopus' or Medusa that operates in Mazes. The famous Maze on Crete may have been an imitation of one in Eire according to archaeology and the investiture of their merit-kings was in line with the nine year transit of Venus in both places. Joseph Campbell is my source for that little tidbit which is more important than you can possibly know - because you have not done the research into a history of lies so monumental it will seem almost impossible even to the most paranoid among you.

Fact-filled excerpt from the Asia
Times article - the most detailed article I think I've ever seen by a news agency:

"The Bilderberg group - which took its name from a Dutch hotel - was founded in 1954 by Prince Bernhard from the Netherlands. German-born Bernhard was a card-carrying Nazi and member of the SS. As it is well-known, Prescott Bush was an officer of W A Harriman & Co, which financed Adolf Hitler and the Nazis with the help of Averell Harriman and German tycoon Fritz Thyssen. Alden Hatch wrote a biography of Prince Bernhard where he insists that Bilderberg was the cradle of the European Community - later rebranded European Union. He describes Bilderberg's ultimate goal as a one-world government.

Bilderberg's membership is heavily crossed with the Council on Foreign Relations, the Pilgrims Society, the Trilateral Commission and the famous "Round Table" - a British, Oxford-Cambridge elite group crystallized in the homonymous journal of empire founded in 1910. The Round Table - which also denied its existence as a formal group - called for a more efficient form of global empire so that Anglo-American hegemony could be extended throughout the 20th century.

Bilderberg regulars include Henry Kissinger, David Rockefeller (of JP Morgan's International Council), Nelson Rockefeller, Prince Philip of Great Britain, Robert McNamara (J F Kennedy's secretary of defense and former president of the World Bank), Margaret Thatcher, former French president (and main redactor of the EU constitution) Valery Giscard D'Estaing, US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, former national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski and the chairman of the Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan. The Rothschild family has hosted many Bilderbergs. In 1962 and 1973, on the island resort of Saltsjobaden, Sweden, the hosts were the Wallenberg banking family.

Some of these masters control more of the universe than others. They are the members of the steering committee, which includes Josef Ackermann (Deutsche Bank), Jorma Ollila (Nokia), Jeurgen Schrempp (DaimlerChrysler), Peter Sutherland (former North Atlantic Treaty Organization - NATO - general and now with Goldman Sachs), James Wolfensohn (the outgoing World Bank president) and the "Prince of Darkness" Richard Perle. Iraq war conceptualist and incoming World Bank president Paul Wolfowitz is a also a Bilderberg permanent member. George W Bush happened to be in the neighborhood - the Netherlands, for the World War II commemorations - during Bilderberg 2005. He may have dropped in. Bush did meet Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, who must be present at every Bilderberg.

{ Not only was President Bush in the neighborhood, as the Asia Times article notes, it's important to note the international Quartet met on May 9th in Moscow - the day after The Bilderberg Group's 2005 meeting was concluded.}

Interested to see what the EU's de facto foreign minister - Javier Solana - was up to on May 5th - 8th while The Bilderberg Group was meeting, I found his website's calendar showed no activities planned for those dates, although he has been linked to the group as well. Solana is believed to have been in attendance at the 1998 and 2000 meetings of the group. In at least one case, Solana documented a November 15, 2002 meeting with the Bilderberg Steering Committee on his calendar." (4)

When FED Chairman Paul Volcker retired from that role he took on the management of the Bilderberg meetings. Is that a move up? It is not the top position of power and he answers to others with far more power.

The following is so over the top that it is unbelievable for most people - that in itself triggers the thought of a Standard Operating Procedure known as Plausible Deniabilty. I know some of this is true and yet I suspect a lot of it is like Icke being duped into the shape-shifting fiction or hallucination. www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...pol_bush09.htm
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2016 11:31 by Robert Baird. Reason: add color

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 11:41 #6

• Robert Baird
Virgil also ends up creating the Romulus and Remus legend which grew ever larger and probably begins with a loose woman who cried rape.

"There is much debate and variation as to whom was the father of Romulus and Remus. Some myths claim that Mars appeared and lay with Rhea Silvia; other myths attest that the demi-god hero Hercules was her partner. However, the author Livy claims that Rhea Silvia was in fact raped by an unknown man, but blamed her pregnancy on divine conception. In either case, Rhea Silvia was discovered to be pregnant and gave birth to her sons. It was custom that any Vestal Virgin betraying her vows of celibacy was condemned to death; the most common death sentence was to be buried alive. However, King Amulius, fearing the wrath of the paternal god (Mars or Hercules) did not wish to directly stain his hands with the mother's and children's blood. So, King Amulius imprisoned Rhea Silvia and ordered the twins' death by means of live burial, exposure, or being thrown into the Tiber River. He reasoned that if the twins were to die not by the sword but by the elements, he and his city would be saved from punishment by the gods. He ordered a servant to carry out the death sentence, but in every scenario of this myth, the servant takes pity on the twins and spares their lives. The servant, then, places the twins into a basket onto the River Tiber, and the river carries the boys to safety."

Of course the river basket story only needs bulrushes to make more BULL apparent. These family legends and propaganda give insight into what direction to go in seeking for other facts to make a true history. Sargon the Great of Akkad had a similar legend and tablets from his era are in existence. That was a millennium before Moses who is also a largely mythical character or Hyksos 'foreigner' from Troy around the time of the Trojan War.

www.ancient.eu/Romulus_and_Remus/

When I say Moses is largely a mythical character I am actually giving more credence to his having some element of actual existence. That is much more than most scholars today. I say the main man in his legend is Akhenaten. Egyptian princes who are Hyksos also keep their old family titles and names and get new names wherever they conquer or deceitfully gain control over new people with new languages. Moses is a leader and there certainly were many with that title - Moshe translates as 'leader'. Unlike Wikipedia authors I see the name Moshe in Peru and know about the cocaine mummies of Egypt which were forensically proven from this era. I have also read Nat Geo and much more.

I see Amarna and Ashkelon as well as Mt. Serabit and much more including emeralds used throughout the Mediterranean which there is no source for such volume of these precious gems. And I have much more including the disappearing people of Rome called Ostro (Light) Goths who built huge nine story buildings in Peru at high elevations with roads as wide as the Appian Way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 11:47 #7

• Robert Baird
A friend who I told about the Treaty of Westphalia recently read some Wikipedia and other excerpts from it. His analysis was that it allowed religious freedom. I said that is not even close to what it did. The Catholic Church arranged the meetings to settle numerous mercenary issues between feuding oligarchs and Synarchists or Nobles. It was a redefining moment meant to carry forward the concepts upon which Empire was (is) built. The church agreed to hand over some spiritual or ecclesiastical power to people, who had already seized it from them, sure; it also allowed a division of power with State entities which in truth kept the power of the Church intact when it might have been wiped away by subsequent Revolutions of the people who engineered the Enlightenment Experiment. I told him the Church later allowed and consorted with those who made corporations and then made them immortal (see Chomsky detailing this occurred in the 19th Century) in Encyclicals like Rerum Novarum.

The Club of Athens says the number one issue facing our world is the matter of Sovereign Rights. They properly identify an allegory for the old system of Divine Rights FOR King and Country or Pope and his devils as the Westphalian Order. Will people wake up and do something? The effort which follows in book form indicates people are taking to the streets, but I say those people have no plan and are pointing fingers not proposing any means to address the situation. They may think the problem is the banksters or Black Pope but it is not.

books.google.ca/books?hl=en&...page&q&f=false

And if you read Rerum Novarum remember the words used in this white-wash of intrigue. Think about how there were no unions until much later, and companies and their running dog national or provincial paid hacks were killing people with night sticks and worse - decades later. Remember also that Georgetown University is Catholic and located at the seat of power where it's graduates are in league with groups who do not have any real interest in systemic change. They say the church had to offer it's guidance and other denials and deceits - I say they should have apologized for two millennia of "heinous acts" just as Pope John Paul II did about a century later.

"Throughout the encyclical, Pope Leo XIII articulates the inherent dignity of both labor and laborer, themes which will be taken up by successive popes in later encyclicals, notably Pacem in Terris and Centesimus Annus. Repudiating both radical socialism and unrestrained capitalism, Rerum Novarum provides a vigorous defense of both private property and the right of workers to form unions, among other things. The document is considered the first of the Church's modern social canon, as it represented a newfound understanding of the need for the Church to offer its critical reflection on the social issues of the day."

berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/...ition-of-labor

The Corporation and Slavery

Was it the Industrialization of the American Civil War and what followed it that brought us our best form of government - incorporated immortals? David Korten aside and all so many other points of view about how bad the Globalists are - I say it is better than the prior behemoth corporate entities like the Catholic Church. Speaking of it - they created this new form of governance as much as any other catalyst when the Encyclical Rerum Novarum and discourse leading up to it became a reality.

What interests me in the words of Howard Zinn (Harvard history professor) is the use of the 14th Amendment and arguments put forward by corporate lawyers seeking to make it possible to shield the very rich from any fraudulent act which might cause bankruptcy. You can thank Credit Mobilier and J. P. Morgan the Rothschild agent who paid off the US debt and gained controls we still do not know, for a lot of what has transpired since those days.

"What most people don't realize is that long before that important judicial decision, the 14th Amendment would be used to give birth to an entirely new form of organization: the corporate person.

Howard Zinn, from the movie:

The corporations and their corporate lawyers come into court and they said, "We are a person. A corporation is a person." And the Supreme Court goes along with that.

Hardly had the ink dried on the 14th Amendment ratification when corporate lawyers swooped in and began arguing the Equal Protection clause to grant them and their clients the same rights and protections - life, liberty, and property - that were intended for newly-freed slaves.

Mark Zepernick, of POCLAD:

The 14th amendment was passed to protect newly-freed slaves. Between 1890 and 1910 there were 307 cases brought to court under the 14th Amendment. 288 of these brought by corporations; 19 were brought by African-Americans."

That whole battery of legal changes of course benefitted the Catholic Church in Boston recently when they declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy to avoid paying those poor victims of a foul cover-up and sexual abuses which made all the headlines as the 20th Century drew to a close. I say the Court should have stripped the Church of it's insignia and intellectual property and every other item of value. Who owns the rights to the Bible? I would love to charge every Bible thumping proselyte a fee for using and abusing it!

www.dailykos.com/story/2006/1...ychopathology#
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2016 11:53 by Robert Baird. Reason: add color

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 11:49 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
You mentioned the Li family, who are they and what are they in your opinon RB? (perhaps a seperate thread)

Is this one of them? :hahano:

I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 12:04 #9

• Robert Baird
I tried to listen but he speaks a language I do not know.

The Li family is said to be one of the 13 Merovingian Prime families. I mentioned the Nestorians or Basilidae and Genghis Khan. I can guess they are all one - but though I can trace Genghis to the Ainu and DNN I have almost nothing on the Li (Lee etc) family. Wouldn't it be nice if like Robert E. Lee being related to Robert the Bruce (a fact as is my own relation to him) that we could prove Robert E. Lee is one of the LI family. You might want to look into where Jeff Davis was buried for another whole thread. But right now this place has too much talk about things people know so little about (Jews and banksters) so let us leave Jeff Davis alone.

Maybe an alternative view or break in what I am doing here is a good idea. I went to see what I could discover about your Rudd guy and the Li people. I ran into more familiar names but nothing really on point. Here it is.

The unhived mind, Henry Makow, David Icke and Fritz Springmeier all seem to crop up again and again. Some of what they say is good and true. Some of it is not true at all. Henry is so wrong it makes my mind and soul fart. Icke has been mind-fogged and duped so whatever he finds out is relegated to the lunatic fringe. Fritz is a sick religious extremist. After saying that I still recommend reading about these people's research and checking it out enough to make up your own mind.

brutalproof.org/page/105/

So I then started to think how people might assimilate all of this and I thought maybe it would be good to inject a little of what people like the Occupy Movement need to do - THINK! Make a PLAN! Read the Club of Rome's plan and approach and try to do better rather than do the Illuminati rag and finger-pointing!

Democracy was best exemplified at Porto Allegre, Brazil where the head of the Club of Rome went last decade to laud and cheer the success of what was called Anarchy by the corrupt people thrown out of office by citizens who started voting on every expenditure of this more than one million residents sized city. I think it worked so well we got a new government for all of Brazil which promptly cut it's defense budget and started making changes that will take a century to fully materialize if people continue to listen to the former followers of Che Guevara who they have elected. One of them is a woman and much to the point Henry Makow makes about women not being capable of standing up for humanity with strength - I say he is sick!

"About Philosophical Anarchism and Political Obligation

Political obligation refers to the moral obligation of citizens to obey the law of their state and to the existence, nature, and justification of a special relationship between a government and its constituents. This volume in the Contemporary Anarchist Studies series challenges this relationship, seeking to define and defend the position of critical philosophical anarchism against alternative approaches to the issue of justification of political institutions. The book sets out to demonstrate the value of taking an anarchist approach to the problem of political authority, looking at theories of natural duty, state justification, natural duty of justice, fairness, political institutions, and more. It argues that the anarchist perspective is in fact indispensable to theorists of political obligation and can improve our views of political authority and social relations. This accessible book builds on the works of philosophical anarchists such as John Simmons and Leslie Green, and discusses key theorists, including Rousseau, Rawls, and Horton. This key resource will make an important contribution to anarchist political theory and to anarchist studies more generally."

See more at: www.bloomsbury.com/uk/philoso....6YgeOntV.dpuf

www.socialistalternative.org/...ustice-system/

rabble.ca/columnists/2015/01/...-globalization

www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a6668611.html
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2016 12:38 by Robert Baird. Reason: add more

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 12:58 #10

• Robert Baird
So how come is this not deserving of a new thread you might ask. It is - all so many threads could be created. However, I tie it all together or make a sequay back to the word REPERTORY at the end of the quote in the OP. We have a theatre macabre and a repertory immense thereof. IT connects with Makow who all other so-called conspiracy writers should shun or be tarred and feathered - as I frankly have had to do to my friend Jim Marrs whose 'old boy' republican, alien nonsense makes me puke. Here is a good source for real insight. rabble.ca/columnists/2015/12/blacklist-was-many-gendered-affair

"In most history of the left, 52 per cent of the population tends to disappear. Until fairly recently, for example, the U.S. civil rights movement histories were completely male-dominated, though that neglect is slowly being reclaimed as activists like Diane Nash, Ella Baker, Amelia Boynton, and Fannie Lou Hamer, among many others, become long-overdue subjects of studies on the era.

Even when the movement did have high-profile female names, their true role was often watered down to fit within "respectable" notions of femininity. For example, the story of Rosa Parks was treated as that of a quiet seamstress who was just tired and did not want to give up her seat for a white man. In fact, as documented in The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks, she was a long-time activist who was justifiably angry, and a fierce NAACP leader and community organizer.

It's no mistake that the second wave women's liberation movement largely grew out of and in reaction to mistreatment of women within the ranks of the civil rights and anti-war movement during the '50s, '60s and '70s (a persistent problem that underlies our still imperfect networks to change the world). Indeed, if the men who wanted to change society could not allow a role for women beyond keeping the home fires burning, doing the typing, and keeping the coffee warm, what was the point of replacing the old boys' network with the younger boys' club?

Resistance films

With such thoughts in mind, I'd like to recommend two very good films about our collective history for your holiday viewing. The first, Suffragette, is a compelling look at the sacrifices of a group of working-class women during the British struggle for the vote. While the film generated controversy because of some unfortunate marketing efforts, as a story of the challenges inherent in struggles which challenge core foundations of unequal societies, it is compelling, provocative and very contemporary. {Allow me to plug Annie Besant and the Fabians as well as Margaret Sanger.}

The second is Trumbo, a tribute to the prolific political screenwriter and novelist Dalton Trumbo, who penned one of the best anti-war novels of all time, Johnny Got His Gun. If you've enjoyed films from Roman Holiday to Spartacus, Papillon to The Brave One, Our Vines Have Tender Grapes to Kitty Foyle, there's a reason: Trumbo wrote them, along with scores of other works (many with a pseudonym, or front, during the blacklist era). He was also a forthright political activist and unashamed social critic who courageously took on the witch hunters of his day with a combination of subversive humour, dogged determination, and an enormous store of writing talent.

Like Suffragette, Trumbo is an enjoyable film for those inspired by stories about fights against injustice. But like Hollywood itself, Trumbo is a very male film about a chain-smoking, heavy-drinking, Benzedrine-addicted writer who sits in his bathtub and cuts and pastes his scripts while he treats his family as appendages. While the film is sympathetic to family members who are rightfully miffed about how they're treated, the emotional through-line is that we will forgive him his quirky trespasses.

In his poem To Posterity, playwright Bertolt Brecht (or one of the women whose creative work he is alleged to have cribbed) summed up the conundrum faced by many who try to change the world while remaining decent human beings:

Even the hatred of squalor
Makes the brow grow stern.
Even anger against injustice
Makes the voice grow harsh. Alas, we
Who wished to lay the foundations of kindness
Could not ourselves be kind.

Hopefully, we are evolving to a point where we do not invoke such poetry to overlook or justify our own very human frailties and prejudices. That said, viewing Trumbo does open the door to a wider discussion about gender, especially with respect to the notion of Hollywood heroism. Indeed, on those rare occasions when we celebrate women resisters in a Hollywood film, it's often in part because certain physical accoutrements play a key plot role (think Erin Brockovich and her mammaries). Similarly, treatments of women under the blacklist are rare, though blacklisted screenwriter Walter Bernstein's film, The House on Carroll Street, is an excellent exception.

Women under the blacklist

Those who sit through the final credits of Trumbo will learn that the blacklist was not merely a Hollywood phenomenon, but one that inflicted misery on thousands of people from all walks of life during the '40s and '50s: teachers, labourers, government employees, anyone suspected of being lesbian or gay, those who stood against lynching or opposed atomic weaponry. The culture of fear (much like the one we see today) infected public and private life, employing the Commie Bogeyman to significant effect both in the U.S. and, to a quieter extent, in Canada, where members of the labour movement, especially, were subject to purges, violent beatings, and exile if suspected of Red leanings. In addition, the Canadian government waged an internal war against anyone suspected of non-heterosexual leanings.

Underneath the Leave it to Beaver exterior, the Red Scare era produced an inquisition resulting in an unending spate of suicides, heart attacks, marriage breakups, exile and financial ruin. As the blacklisted screenwriter Alvah Bessie wrote in his 1965 Inquisition in Eden:

"in the roll call of victims of the proliferating local, state and national witch-hunting committees, there are many who cannot answer. Their premature deaths from 'natural' causes and from suicide may be laid directly or indirectly at the doors of these inquisitorial outfits."

But our history mainly remembers the men hauled before the inquisitorial House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC): Pete Seeger, Paul Robeson, the Hollywood Ten, Zero Mostel. Less remembered are the many women who suffered blacklisting, from the witty writer Dorothy Parker and Lillian Hellman (whose Scoundrel Time is an excellent history of the period) to Gale Sondergaard (Bride of Frankenstein) and Mady Christians (I Remember Mama), whose early death was attributed to the stresses of the blacklist.

One of the first high-profile witnesses called before HUAC when it began in the 1930s was the indomitable leader of the Federal Theatre Project, Hallie Flanagan. She was a brilliant witness who, like Trumbo, had a gift for words. When asked by House Un-American Activities Committee about her work, Flanagan famously replied: "Since August 29, 1935, I have been concerned with combating un-American inactivity."

"Inactivity?" an incredulous committee chairman asked.

"I refer to the inactivity of professional men and women; people who, at that time when I took office, were on the relief rolls, and it was my job to expend the appropriation laid aside by congressional vote for the relief of the unemployed as it related to the field of the theatre, and to set up projects wherever in any city 25 or more of such professionals were found on the relief rolls."

Disloyalty to patriarchy

While Flanagan was in the hot seat because the Federal Theatre Project was engaged in allegedly outrageous behaviour (from employing African-Americans to producing works that questioned the economic roots of the Depression), there was another theme in the questioning faced by herself and many of her sisters in government service. Her alleged disloyalty was not merely disobedience to the dictates of the Red Scare; it was, by her very presence as an accomplished woman in government, disloyalty to patriarchy."
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2016 13:03 by Robert Baird. Reason: add link

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 21:57 #11

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Oracle wrote:
Opium wars and not a single mention of jews?

Wtf is this BS here?

Sweet (German: SÜSS) honey-potty smell all around ...

Novum, I don't think that Robert Baird is an interesting character, and yes, I think he might
well be a sock of someone or other (many names come to my mind right away), or a system minion,
as I call it, lacking freedom of speech.

:yup: :up:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2016 22:08 by PFIZIPFEI.

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 04 Jan 2016 23:27 #12

• Robert Baird
There sure is a potty mouth smell.

Me - I yam wut I Yam. And all over the web is the proof.

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 13 Jan 2016 18:48 #13

• Robert Baird
If Etruria is founded by Lydians as genetics does prove why have so many academics not changed their books or attitudes about all history and the Trojan Worldwide War? Why do we still have noble families in charge of Empires and enjoying their ill-gotten gains? Do we really need a bigger de-population program than the last time they fought wars of horrific proportions for no real reason history can explain? Or maybe the Wars of Enlightenment before that need to be re-enacted? The really big question is not those questions at all - it is when will we (the oppressed) stop accepting lies and confusion as our historical backdrop?

In my research on the founding of Rome the navy of Sybaris was said to be the largest in all of the Mediterranean. They located near another city with a name of great importance to the Keltoi - Tara. Later we have Pythagoras moving his people near there when he no longer could handle the Greeks who abused women (IMHO). His city was named after the clan or family which founded Britain and was all over Italy. In fact these Brutti (yes, et tu Brutti) defeated their Etruscan brothers at the Battle of Alalia which lead to the creation of a fair land use for all people and SPQR. That battle included the Phoenicians they had fought with at Troy and it was two hundred and more years before the local Brutti again had to ask for help from far away places to kick the elites of Etruria out. So my history says Kroton or Croton was Brutti in another tongue and all of the Brutti were involved in subjugating Sybaris. I think the Sybarites had allied with the Etruscans who no academic understands the origins of. These were the same peoples who fought over Troy many centuries earlier. The Brutti were still being ridiculed as 'runaways' before they put Etruria out of history. But the real reason I post these tidbits has to do with the ridicule heaped on Herodotus who was called a fiction writer. Maybe that is what people call me and maybe a millennium from now someone will say - I told the truth and those who called me names were cultish liars for the paradigm.

www.naplesldm.com/sybarite.html

Another proof that Herodotus was correct and academic paid liars were propagandists. Not to suggest that there is no value in reading Livy whose northerner or Hyperborean theory has merit if you go back far enough (Gimbutas and archaeology concur). But that would mean telling a lot more truth than these journalists or the academics know.

"They then compared their Y chromosomes, which are passed from father to son, with those of other groups in Italy, the Balkans, modern-day Turkey and the Greek island of Lemnos, which linguistic evidence suggests could have links to the Etruscans.

"The DNA samples from Murlo and Volterra are much more highly correlated to those of the eastern peoples than to those of the other inhabitants of [Italy]," said Alberto Piazza of the University of Turin, who presented the research. "One particular genetic variant, found in the samples from Murlo, was shared only with people from Turkey."

This year, a similar but less conclusive study that tracked the DNA passed down from mothers to daughters, pointed to a direct genetic input from western Asia. In 2004, a team of researchers from Italy and Spain used samples taken from Etruscan burial chambers to establish that the Etruscans were more genetically akin to each other than to contemporary Italians.

The latest findings confirm what was said about the matter almost 2,500 years ago, by the Greek historian Herodotus. The first traces of Etruscan civilisation in Italy date from about 1200 BC.

About seven and a half centuries later, Herodotus wrote that after the Lydians had undergone a period of severe deprivation in western Anatolia, "their king divided the people into two groups, and made them draw lots, so that the one group should remain and the other leave the country; he himself was to be the head of those who drew the lot to remain there, and his son, whose name was Tyrrhenus, of those who departed".

It was a Roman who muddied the waters. The historian Livy, writing in the first century BC, claimed the Etruscans were from northern Europe. A few years later, Dionysius of Halicarnassus, a Greek writer living in Rome, came up with the theory that the Etruscans were, on the contrary, indigenous Italians who had always lived in Etruria.

The Lydian empire had by then long since passed into history. Its inhabitants were said by Herodotus to have been the first people to make use of gold and silver coins and the first to establish shops, rather stalls, from which to trade goods. They gave the world the saying "as rich as Croesus" - Croesus was their last king.

Herodotus's story about the drawing of the lots may or may not be true, but the genetic research indicates that some Lydians did, as he wrote, leave their native land and travel, probably via Lemnos, to Italy."

www.theguardian.com/world/200...aly.johnhooper

What happened in Macedonia lead to what Rome became.

books.google.ca/books?id=8EX...page&q&f=false
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2016 19:11 by Robert Baird. Reason: add more

The Aeneid and the Opium Wars 28 Mar 2016 20:38 #14

• Robert Baird
What Rome became lead to Britain and later to Hitler's Reich.

As I have pointed out before Tara is the sacred mountain or original spiritual site for many northern Kelts (Finn and the Fianna or Phoenicians) and later what became Druidic thought. The name is found in the area of Sybaris and now we have another connection backwards and forwards to the Trojan War exodus including the Sons of Aeneas and the Brutti.

Further work today brings more to the above and fills another step in the Greek language origin or tracing of it back to what developed in the area researched by Gimbutas. It also connects to early Etruria which is important.

It may not excite most people but when you invest your life in the proofing of what relates to Ogham and know you are up against proscriptions galore it sure is nice to find these proofs. A proscription is the kind of thing which seeks to eliminate a person or knowledge system just as was done against Druids and Ogham.

In the following jpeg you will see a shaman's drum with pictographic markings including a building with a cross or steeple on top. In North America these representations of man and how the energy of the cosmos enters man are done in rock kiosk forms. There are near runic and half Ogham art glyphs including what could be a "p' or a letter starting with what is called the Fupark (AKA futhark). It could be a tract but does not have enough symbology due to repetition of the teepees or something which looks like teepees. Nat Geo and S-A have said people crossed the Ice to America as much as 30,000 years ago.

This is taken from art done when Carl Linnaeus returned from Lapland in Northern Sweden a long time ago.

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...trumma_052.png

Looking further into a Runic connection I noticed a Greek connection in Wikipedia. It is a script which shows up in the region of the Brutti and Pythagoras. It is said the scripts are Phoenician which I know is true but this seems pretty interesting to find where a Druid encampment was. Tara is the name of a city a little ways north and the script is connected with Etruscan as well. It is also Bardic or poetic, and that is so interesting to find under the Runic given the dating being older than the Runic dates they give. My research tells me they are wrong about the dates because they are focused on the Fupark which was not part of early Runes or Ogham.

"Euboean[edit]

The inscription of the so-called Cup of Nestor, found in Ischia; Euboean alphabet, 8th century BC.
The Euboean alphabet was used in the cities of Eretria and Chalkis and in related colonies in southern Italy, notably in Cumae and in Pithekoussai. It was through this variant that the Greek alphabet was transmitted to Italy, where it gave rise to the Old Italic alphabets, including Etruscan and ultimately the Latin alphabet. Some of the distinctive features of the Latin as compared to the standard Greek script are already present in the Euboean model.[34]

The Euboean alphabet belonged to the "western" ("red") type. It had Χ = /ks/ and Ψ = /kʰ/. Like most early variants it also lacked Ω, and used Η for the consonant /h/ rather than for the vowel /ɛː/. It also kept the archaic letters digamma (Ϝ) = /w/ and qoppa (Ϙ) = /k/. San (Ϻ) = /s/ was not normally used in writing, but apparently still transmitted as part of the alphabet, because it occurs in abecedaria found in Italy and was later adopted by Etruscan.[34]

Like Athens, Euboea had a form of "Λ" that resembled a Latin L and a form of "Σ" that resembled a Latin S. Other elements foreshadowing the Latin forms include "Γ" shaped like a pointed "C" (Greek Gamma pointed.svg), "Δ" shaped like a pointed "D" (Greek Delta 04.svg), and "Ρ" shaped like "R" (Greek Rho 03.svg).[34]

The classicist Barry B. Powell has proposed that Euboea may have been where the Greek alphabet was first employed, c. 775-750 BC, and that it may have been invented specifically for the purpose of recording epic poetry.[35]"