Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven.

Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven. 21 May 2016 08:00 #1

• Straight Shooter

A team of British researchers have “confirmed” that consciousness can go on when someone dies but the study also uncovered some disturbing aspects of the so-called afterlife.

The scientists looked at the cases of over 2,000 people and have established that thoughts continue on after their hearts stops beating.

They found that those who experienced some awareness, only two percent said their experience was consistent with the feeling of an outer body experience where an individual is completely aware and can hear and see what’s going on around them when their heart stops beating.

A more troubling discovery was that nearly half of the respondents said the experience was not of awareness, but of overpowering fear.

While undertaking the research the scientists uncovered what may be the first proven case of a patient’s out of body experience.

The work carried out by the University of Southampton has revealed that people still experience awareness for up to three minutes after they had been pronounced dead.

Head researcher Dr Sam Parnia told the Daily Express: “Contrary to perception, death is not a specific moment but a potentially reversible process that occurs after any severe illness or accident causes the heart, lungs and brain to cease functioning.

“If attempts are made to reverse this process, it is referred to as ‘cardiac arrest’; however, if these attempts do not succeed it is called ‘death’.”

One of the significant finding of the work involved a 57-year old man who could be the very first confirmed outer body experience in a human.

This patient could remember with pinpoint accuracy events going on around his body after he had “died”.

Dr Parnia added: “This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with ‘real’ events when the heart isn’t beating.

“In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat.

“This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn’t resume again until the heart has been restarted.

“Furthermore, the detailed recollections of visual awareness in this case were consistent with verified events.”

Of the 2,060 patients involved in the research who had survived cardiac arrest, almost 40% said that they recall some form of awareness after being pronounced clinically dead.

In a separate study a team of German psychologists and medical doctors also claim to have proven by clinical experimentation, the existence of some form of life after death.

Using a new type of medically supervised near-death experiences, that allow patients to be clinically dead for almost 20 minutes before being brought back to life.

www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/scientists-finally-prove-life-after-7989503

:umm: :ponda: :sadno:
Last Edit: 21 May 2016 08:03 by ...........
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven. 21 May 2016 09:33 #2

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
This patient could remember with pinpoint accuracy events going on around his body after he had “died”.

Who, in the middle of emergency surgery to prevent a man dying, is paying close attention to everything going on around them at such a moment? Sufficient enough that they can cross-check a patient's later claims? Seems a bit flimsy to me.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven. 21 May 2016 17:01 #3

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Those scientists have not 'proved' there is life after death they have simply reported on the results of a very limited experiment.
IMO there is life after death but I reckon that science is a long way off proving that scientifically, if ever science can prove it.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven. 21 May 2016 17:35 #4

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
Main thing is to have a life before death, and that means not taking TZ too seriously
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina
User(s) who Liked this post: GMP

Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven. 21 May 2016 17:37 #5

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
GMP wrote:
IMO there is life after death

Any basis for this opinion other than wishful thinking?
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven. 21 May 2016 20:12 #6

• peacenik
  • Immortal
GMP wrote:
Those scientists have not 'proved' there is life after death they have simply reported on the results of a very limited experiment.
IMO there is life after death but I reckon that science is a long way off proving that scientifically, if ever science can prove it.

Great point!

The clue is in the way they present their findings of "outer body" experiences. as opposed to "out of body" experiences. If they truly were interested in life after death they would be looking at out of body experiences..

WTF is an, "outer body experience" anyway?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 21 May 2016 22:10 by peacenik.

Scientists finally prove there is life after death but we might not be going to heaven. 22 May 2016 14:16 #7

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Shoulda said 'out of body experience'.
Trance mediumship for example.
Not everybody's cuppa tea that one but I'm a Spiritualist so it goes with the territory.
Not arguing this as a point of fact but we believe that there is evidence of life continuing.
I firmly believe such evidence comes through contact with spirit friends gone on before.
Been working as a platform medium this 40 years and more past.
I never have a clue what will 'come through' but if I relay a message from a spirit friend to someone in the audience and that person affirms the message is accurate as to facts then, to me and usually to the sitter; that is evidence enough.
Cold reading only goes so far, there are general readings that fit almost anybody and anyone can learn how to 'cold read'.
That's not it at all.
Genuine evidence needs to be something that maybe only the sitter could know , the medium doesn't know but communicates the message.
The sitter confirms it.
That works for me but I'd never ever try to convince anyone else.
If anyone is interested they should maybe attend a Spiritualist centre, see what goes on and make up,their own minds.
Over the years I've probably heard most of the objections to Spiritualism abouthow it is all fakery and a con.
To me, when Spiritualism is enacted freely, genuinely and for no reward other than the sitter's comfort and assurance that's what keeps our churches and centres full.
Hard evidence is a bonus but not everyone accepts that as evidence.
If the sitter confirms a message and is happy for getting it, to me; that's what matters.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik, rodin
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare