Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads and posts subject to the discretion of the moderators in this category.

Moderators: novum

TOPIC: Font and size of post.

Font and size of post. 23 Apr 2020 21:14 #1

• peacenik
  • Immortal
How can I change the Font and size of my posts?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Font and size of post. 23 Apr 2020 21:39 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Unfortunately it isnt adjustable for end users in terms of it being a forum option.

What i can suggest is zooming in with your browser, which browser are you using? With most of them you click on the top right hand corner to access the browser menu and there will be a zoom option there somewhere... if you go to 110 or 125 percent the font and everything else will increase in size, go the other way it will decrease.

There is a solution that is a little more complicated, you install stylish or stylus as a browser add on, then I write a bit of code for you to put into the browser add on which will change the font size on your end, or anything else you want to change.

Then when you view the site it will be customized to your preferences. Let me know if you are interested in that and I can give a step by step in this thread on how to apply that.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Last Edit: 23 Apr 2020 21:40 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Font and size of post. 25 Apr 2020 22:50 #3

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Thanks!

The reason I asked was because on my thread, "The Case For Pre-Existence", I noticed the font of my posts were different than the other guy's posts, and I couldn't account for the difference, as I have done nothing to change the font.
:)
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Font and size of post. 25 Apr 2020 22:56 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Hmm seems you are correct about that, I hadnt noticed before.

Because you are adding color brackets to your posts, it results in your posts pulling different css code than the rest, and it is changing the font style and size slightly compared to the other posts.

I can change the css code of the site so that the font in posts with color brackets is the same as the rest, i guess thats how it should be anyway.

In a tech sense, the color brackets are changing the css class of the post, and its pulling the css code from another place, and that other place has a different font style and size. Really they should both be the same, its something i overlooked when styling the site back in the day.

Let me know what you prefer, as is, or like the other posts.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 25 Apr 2020 23:00 by novum.

Font and size of post. 25 Apr 2020 23:27 #5

• peacenik
  • Immortal
novum wrote:
Hmm seems you are correct about that, I hadnt noticed before.

Because you are adding color brackets to your posts, it results in your posts pulling different css code than the rest, and it is changing the font style and size slightly compared to the other posts.

I can change the css code of the site so that the font in posts with color brackets is the same as the rest, i guess thats how it should be anyway.

In a tech sense, the color brackets are changing the css class of the post, and its pulling the css code from another place, and that other place has a different font style and size. Really they should both be the same, its something i overlooked when styling the site back in the day.

Let me know what you prefer, as is, or like the other posts.

If it's not to much trouble, could you change the css code? If not. it's no big deal.

Font and size of post. 25 Apr 2020 23:45 #6

• novum
  • Platinum Member
No trouble, i'll change it.

1365 = 1

Font and size of post. 26 Apr 2020 00:05 #7

• novum
  • Platinum Member
OK, the font should be the same as all the other posts now regardless of which color people choose to post in.

You will probably have to click on the sites css file and then press refresh on your browser to refresh that css file, load this up in your browser then refresh it....

truth-zone.net/templates/js_novitas/css/custom.css

Then open the site in a new tab.

If you dont do these couple of steps your browser may take a while to update the changes to the site.

Thanks for noticing that font difference, I had missed it back in the day when setting it all up.

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 26 Apr 2020 00:06 by novum.