Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads and posts subject to the discretion of the moderators in this category.

Moderators: novum
  • Page:

TOPIC: M62 police shooting: Protests bring roads to standstill in Bradford over fatal shooting of Yassar Yaqub

M62 police shooting: Protests bring roads to standstill in Bradford over fatal shooting of Yassar Yaqub 05 Jan 2017 14:56 #21

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Ausrotten wrote:
GMP wrote:
Including this guy- take a guess at how many people were shot and killed by police between January 2016 and today here in ALL of the UK.
Five
Not exactly an epidemic is it?
According to neighbours in his street this dude was a well known drug dealer with previous for shooting and being shot at.
If that's true then he is no feckin' loss IMO.

Well, this is not a mourning his loss thread, but were the police acting lawfully themselves or have they assassinated (murdered) someone? Thread.

No idea.
IPCC will decide on that and we'll either agree with IPCC or call it a cover up. Some will make up their own version of the events.
My point remains that our plod tend NOT to shoot people quite as often as plod elsewhere seems to do.
5 men shot by police in the past 12-months is feck all in the scheme of things.
What makes me chuckle with this latest one is those 'protestors' about it in Bradford last Tuesday evening.
Those dudes have already made up their minds haven't they?
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2017 14:58 by GMP.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

M62 police shooting: Protests bring roads to standstill in Bradford over fatal shooting of Yassar Yaqub 05 Jan 2017 17:48 #22

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
What's so chuckleworthy? On the face of it, they have every right to be protesting that this was an unlawful shooting. It's not like the police have shown blatantly obvious video footage of the dead man behaving threateningly to justify their actions.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2017 17:50 by ragnarok.

M62 police shooting: Protests bring roads to standstill in Bradford over fatal shooting of Yassar Yaqub 06 Jan 2017 00:05 #23

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
M62 police shooting was 'assassination', Mohammed Yaqub's family say

The father of a man shot dead by police on a motorway slip road has told Sky News he believes it was a "pre-planned assassination".

Mohammed Yassar Yaqub died after being shot at junction 24, just north of Huddersfield on Monday at about 6pm.

A post-mortem examination has concluded that he died of gunshot wounds to the chest.

In an interview with Sky News, his father - also called Mohammed Yaqub - said his son did not pose a threat to police.

He said: "(My son) was a very kind hearted young man. He would do anything for anybody and given the chance I would have the same son time, after time, after time."

When asked asked why the police would have opened fire unless they felt he presented a threat, he said: "I don't feel like he was a risk at all. I believe he was a target and it was a pre-planned assassination."
With his wife sobbing by his side, he concluded: "The family more or less doesn't exist any more."

Sky News have approached West Yorkshire Police for a response, but they declined to comment.

The force's operation had followed information about the criminal possession of a firearm, but their investigation was not related to terrorism.

A non-police issue firearm was found in the white Audi that Mr Yaqub was travelling in, and is currently undergoing ballistics and forensic testing.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is investigating Mr Yaqub's death, and has said "steady, positive progress" is being made in establishing what happened.

IPCC commissioner Derrick Campbell said: "I would like to reassure the local and wider community that this will be a thorough and detailed independent investigation.

"We will be carefully examining all the circumstances leading up to Mr Yaqub's death, including the planning of the police operation, and the actions of the officers involved that evening.

"I am, of course, aware there are many unanswered questions but I would urge patience at this time and that people allow our investigation to run its course."

The police officers who were involved in the incident had been travelling in four unmarked police vehicles and had not been wearing body cameras, meaning no relevant CCTV footage of the shooting has been found so far.

Mr Yaqub, 28, had been cleared of attempted murder and a firearms offence in 2010 after it was alleged that he opened fire on a car in Birkby Hall Road, Huddersfield.

More than 2,300 people have followed a Facebook page which states: "Mohammed Yassar Yaqub murdered by Yorkshire Police! Ambushed, assassinated and left to die.. How can we live in a world that thinks this is acceptable?"

On Wednesday evening, Mr Yaqub's family attended a vigil with about 100 other mourners at the scene of the shooting on Ainley Top.

Five people were arrested during Monday's operation on suspicion of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear.

Three of them were held at the scene, and two others were detained after a vehicle was stopped in Bradford.

A 30-year-old man from Dewsbury will appear in court on Friday after being charged with firearms offences related to a loaded semi-automatic handgun capable of firing 9mm ammunition.

Moshin Amin will appear before Leeds Magistrates Court charged with possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, possession of a sound moderator and possession of ammunition.

Two men have been bailed pending further enquiries.

uk.yahoo.com/news/video-ring-falls-into-waterfall-1594359644602422.html
Once a hyena always a hyena.
  • Page:
Moderators: novum