Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
  • Page:

TOPIC: Proof Heaven Exists?

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 07:22 #1

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Top neurosurgeon ‘spent six days in heaven’ during a coma
Yahoo!7
October 9, 2012, 7:28 am

A top neurosurgeon claims to have ‘Proof of heaven’ after making a full recovery from a seven day coma that saw his neocortex inactivated.

Dr Eben Alexander, who teaches neuroscience at Harvard University among others, fell seriously ill after contracting a rare form of bacterial meningitis in 2008.

Within hours of developing a severe headache, Dr Alexander’s entire cortex—the section of the brain that controls thought and emotion —had shut down.

Though his chances of survival were low, he awoke from the coma seven days later and began describing an ‘other worldly experience’.

"I was in a place of clouds. Big, puffy, pink-white ones that showed up sharply against the deep blue-black sky," he wrote in an article for Newsweek.

He also goes on to describe "Flocks of transparent, shimmering beings arced across the sky, leaving long, streamer-like lines behind them."

While Dr Alexander admits his scientific expertise has made him skeptical of afterlife experiences, he claims the loss of function to his cortex makes his experiences unique.

"I’m not the first person to have discovered evidence that consciousness exists beyond the body," he said.

"I know full well how extraordinary, how frankly unbelievable, all this sounds."

"But as far as I know, no one before me has ever traveled to this dimension (a) while their cortex was completely shut down, and (b) while their body was under minute medical observation, as mine was for the full seven days of my coma."

Dr Alexander admits many still struggle to accept his story, particularly his medical colleagues.

His forthcoming book, "Proof of Heaven, A Neurosurgeon journey into the Afterlife" that aims to dispel the skepticism will be published by Simon & Schuster later this month.

"I’m still a doctor, and still a man of science every bit as much as I was before I had my experience,” he said. “But on a deep level I’m very different from the person I was before, because I’ve caught a glimpse of this emerging picture of reality."

au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/15068392/top-neurosurgeon-spent-six-days-in-heaven-during-a-coma/

I might seek out a copy of the book - looks quite interesting...

Book Description
Release Date: October 23, 2012
A SCIENTIST’S CASE FOR THE AFTERLIFE
Near-death experiences, or NDEs, are controversial. Thousands of people have had them, but many in the scientific community have argued that they are impossible. Dr. Eben Alexander was one of those people.

A highly trained neurosurgeon who had operated on thousands of brains in the course of his career, Alexander knew that what people of faith call the “soul” is really a product of brain chemistry. NDEs, he would have been the first to explain, might feel real to the people having them, but in truth they are simply fantasies produced by brains under extreme stress.

Then came the day when Dr. Alexander’s own brain was attacked by an extremely rare illness. The part of the brain that controls thought and emotion—and in essence makes us human— shut down completely. For seven days Alexander lay in a hospital bed in a deep coma. Then, as his doctors weighed the possibility of stopping treatment, Alexander’s eyes popped open. He had come back.

Alexander’s recovery is by all accounts a medical miracle. But the real miracle of his story lies elsewhere. While his body lay in coma, Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.

This story sounds like the wild and wonderful imaginings of a skilled fantasy writer. But it is not fantasy. Before Alexander underwent his journey, he could not reconcile his knowledge of neuroscience with any belief in heaven, God, or the soul. That difficulty with belief created an empty space that no professional triumph could erase. Today he is a doctor who believes that true health can be achieved only when we realize that God and the soul are real and that death is not the end of personal existence but only a transition.

This story would be remarkable no matter who it happened to. That it happened to Dr. Alexander makes it revolutionary. No scientist or person of faith will be able to ignore it. Reading it will change your life.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 07:32 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
It would be good if there really was an afterlife, but im not so sure about that.

Could it all have been a long dream? Who knows.

Thanks for breaking in the category Gilly. :)
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
User(s) who Liked this post: Silver, Gilly, thetruthcollector

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 07:38 #3

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Could have been for all we know, Novum, though the implication I was picking up was that that was ruled out due to his cerebral cortex having stopped functioning during the time he was comatose.
Last Edit: 09 Oct 2012 07:38 by Gilly.

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 08:09 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Ah ok...as i said, id prefer if it were true :chuckle:

I wonder if he drew a sketch of the angelic being he speaks of, id be curious to see it.

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 08:20 #5

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I hope it was Castiel out of Supernatural. :D

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 08:31 #6

Maybe similar experiences sparked the traditional ideas about heaven.
Last Edit: 09 Oct 2012 08:31 by LesleyPumpshaft.
User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly, cantata

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 11:32 #7

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The thing is, all that floating around on fluffy clouds...that would be nice, for a short while, but not eternity :D

I look at that kind of thing as more of a R&R, a rest period before reincarnating into the next adventure :)
User(s) who Liked this post: Gilly, cantata

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 11:50 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irrepressible wrote:
The thing is, all that floating around on fluffy clouds...that would be nice, for a short while, but not eternity :D

I look at that kind of thing as more of a R&R, a rest period before reincarnating into the next adventure :)

Maybe its a place to make enquiries and ask for directions...like for example ask where Brittany Murphy was despatched.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Gilly

Proof Heaven Exists? 09 Oct 2012 13:18 #9

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I found myself sitting on a cloud once myself, when I was meditating. No angels or anything like that, but I was floating about, and I could make other planets zoom in to me so that I could see them closely. The sun kept pushing in all the time when I wanted to look at other things. No idea at all what that was about, but it felt fantastic.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Proof Heaven Exists? 10 Oct 2012 20:10 #10

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Awwww, I hope it's not all fekkin floating around on clouds. :( I plan to ride the Grand National when I peg it - many more times than once. :D

I'm heartened by the fact that this guy is a neuroscientist - what a co-incidence!; and that his experience apparently contains nothing beyond the traditional concept of Heaven. I'd believe his cleaning lady before him.

So! Grand National here I come.

:D
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Gilly

Proof Heaven Exists? 10 Oct 2012 20:52 #11

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
So, d'ya reckon he's just trying to sell a book then?

Might be, but folk like him are meant to be men of science, who don't generally go in for spiritual talk. And you wouldn't think a neuroscientist would need to boost their finances. Then again, it's the wealthy ones who are always on the lookout for more cash, and integrity doesn't need to be more than a veneer for them. So I'll just argue with myself about his authenticity for a while.

In the meantime, you could pretend your horse hoofed you, and write a book describing how you visited a hot, molten place for a bit. :D

I'd buy it.
Last Edit: 10 Oct 2012 20:52 by Gilly.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Proof Heaven Exists? 17 Oct 2012 05:07 #12

• chandrakavi
  • Underground Researcher
Read this book by Brian Weiss, once a skeptic, scientist, now beleives in afterlife entirely as a scientists.

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Proof Heaven Exists? 18 Oct 2012 05:37 #13

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm cynical lol :D

My guess is that Dr Alexander had some kind of 'dream experience' during his coma, triggered (like most dreams are) by activity in his deep subconcious mind.

After all, coma or not, his brain wasn't completely shut down right? If it had been, he would have died...simple as that.

Scientists don't understand everything, and the workings of the human brain are still a mystery....even to so-called 'experts' like Dr Alexander.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Proof Heaven Exists? 18 Oct 2012 23:57 #14

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Now, don't go getting me wrong, Cynical-Old-DG. :roll: I do believe in the Afterlife. (In fact, I See Dead People :D ). But I don't think it has anything to do with floating around on clouds and playing harps, is all.... :)
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Proof Heaven Exists? 17 Feb 2013 05:49 #15

• Straight Shooter
I myself like the idea of floating around on clouds maybe flying ect...

Proof Heaven Exists? 17 Feb 2013 06:07 #16

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
.......... wrote:
I myself like the idea of floating around on clouds maybe flying ect...

That would be good, but maybe not for eternity :D In fact it would make a bit more sense to be able to float around on clouds in this world, would be handy and convenient :chuckle:

Proof Heaven Exists? 17 Feb 2013 06:15 #17

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irrepressible wrote:
That would be good, but maybe not for eternity :D In fact it would make a bit more sense to be able to float around on clouds in this world, would be handy and convenient :chuckle:

But brittany murphy isnt here. :sulk:

seriously though, what you going to do from the clouds? Just wondering. Document military weather modification operations perhaps? :hahano:
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Proof Heaven Exists? 17 Feb 2013 06:20 #18

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
novum wrote:
But brittany murphy isnt here. :sulk:

seriously though, what you going to do from the clouds? Just wondering. Document military weather modification operations perhaps? :hahano:

Brittany can sit on my cloud when the time comes :chuckle:

You mean what am I going to do from the clouds in this world? Well I won't be high up in the sky like with a normal cloud, it would be just a transportation device really, handy for shopping, going to see mates, etc. :chuckle: If I went to high up, I'd freeze to death or choke on chemtrails :hahano:

Proof Heaven Exists? 17 Feb 2013 06:23 #19

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irrepressible wrote:
If I went to high up, I'd freeze to death or choke on chemtrails :hahano:

But you'd already be dead, so you are immune right?

A plane could even come at you and you would probably pass straight through it, like the ghostbuster and the train scene, but in reverse. (you are the ghost).

Proof Heaven Exists? 17 Feb 2013 06:31 #20

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
novum wrote:
But you'd already be dead, so you are immune right?

A plane could even come at you and you would probably pass straight through it, like the ghostbuster and the train scene, but in reverse. (you are the ghost).

:chuckle:

To "god" I would say, "I've just been through all that shit for years, and all I get is a fucking cloud? are you taking the piss god?" :D

I'd appear suddenly in the windscreens of jumbo jets with this face :fresse: to freak to pilots out :chuckle:
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare