Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal

TOPIC: Synchronicity

Synchronicity 25 Feb 2013 00:19 #1

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner. The concept of synchronicity was first described in this terminology by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s.

It's that thing or series of things that happen and you know it can't just be a coincidence. Of course it depends on a persons worldview and belief system but I fully accept that this phenomenon is Real because I've experienced some pretty out there "coincidences" over the years. Too many that were just way too "right-on" to be anything else other than the Universe letting me know that there's more going on than we can imagine or believe. Here's a playlist of five short clips discussing Synchronicity:

"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 00:26 #2

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
Okay, I know you aren't a fan of The Police...but I am! ;) And I never really paid attention to the lyrics until I really started to pay more attention to synchronicity...what I used to just refer to as weird coincidences. Anyway, they have 2 songs- Synchronicity 1 & 2....I can see where 1 is clearly talking about Synchronicity but I can't figure out how the second one ties in...

Synchronicity I

With one breath, with one flow
You will know
Synchronicity

A sleep trance, a dream dance,
A shared romance,
Synchronicity

A connecting principle,
Linked to the invisible
Almost imperceptible
Something inexpressible.
Science insusceptible
Logic so inflexible
Causally connectible
Yet nothing is invincible.

If we share this nightmare
Then we can dream
Spiritus mundi.

If you act, as you think,
The missing link,
Synchronicity.

We know you, they know me
Extrasensory
Synchronicity.

A star fall, a phone call,
It joins all,
Synchronicity.

It's so deep, it's so wide
Your inside
Synchronicity.

Effect without a cause
Sub-atomic laws, scientific pause
Synchronicity
We are vain and we are blind. I hate people when they're not polite.
~Talking Heads
User(s) who Liked this post: phemohilia

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 00:30 #3

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
Synchronicity 2

Another suburban family morning
Grandmother screaming at the wall
We have to shout above the din of our rice crispies
Can't hear anything at all

Mother chants her litany of boredom and frustration
But we all know her suicides are fake
Daddy only stares into the distance
There's only so much more he can take

Many miles away something crawls from the slime at the
Bottom of a dark Scottish lake

Another industrial ugly morning
The factory belches filth into the sky
He walks unhindered through the picket lines today
He doesn't think to wonder why

The secretaries pout and preen like cheap tarts on a red-light street
But all he ever thinks to do is watch
Every single meeting with his so-called superior
Is a humiliating kick in the crotch

Many miles away something crawls to the surface
Of a dark Scottish loch

Another working day has ended
Only the rush hour hell to face
Packed like lemmings into shiny little boxes
Contestants in a suicidal race

Daddy grips the wheel and stares into the distance
He knows that something somewhere has to break
He sees the family home now looming in his headlights
The pain upstairs makes his eyeballs ache

Many miles away there's a shadow on the door of a cottage on the shore
Of a dark Scottish lake

Many miles away
Many miles away
Many miles away
Many miles away
~Talking Heads

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 00:32 #4

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
Anyway, I hope some people will share some experiences with Synchronicity. I'd like to but I can't type that much on this lil phone right now.
~Talking Heads

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 13:48 #5

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
This phenomenon happens so frequently that it has become normal to me.
The typical thing, which everyone is familiar with, is that I think of someone, or think to call him/her and in the very moment or some seconds/minutes later this person is calling me. This happens more often than not with family members or close friends.

This might be related to the existence of morphogenetic fields, which could be the reason why telepathy, remote viewing, etc work.
I watched this video lately but unfortunately did not find the original without German dubbing.

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 01 Mar 2013 13:51 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: KayDee, phemohilia

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 14:30 #6

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
Wish I had actually learned German when I had it in high school!

I have synchronicity happen regularly, as well. I'm never quite sure what it is supposed to mean...if anything. How does one interpret this?

Sometimes it happens with trivial mundane things....sometimes I have synchronicities with media(tv or movies)- this can be a trap for some folks, I believe. My friend thinks that everything is actually "about her" and I believe that is partly due to her misinterpreting synchronicity.

One funny synch I had....

Last year I bought a concrete garden statue of a fairy. When I got home & went to place it in my flower bed, I noticed one of the wings was broken! I searched the inside of my Jeep, hoping to find the piece of wing to repair it but- no. I was so mad that I had not noticed it in the store. I set it in the flower bed but decided I would return it the next day.

The next morning, I got up to get ready for work. I let my dog out the front to "do his business" and there in the rain, was my imperfect fairy. I suddenly felt really bad for her. If I returned her, no one would buy her because of her flaw. She would be an orphan. What would become of her? Would she end up in a dump somewhere?

Though I felt a little silly for feeling such deep empathy for a lump of concrete molded into the shape of a fairy, I decided to keep her. How could I abandon her over a flaw?

So I went about getting ready for work- started the coffee brewing, turned on the radio and to my surprise the song that came on was...

"Take these broken wings...and learn to fly again...learn to live so free..."

I just shook my head and laughed, thinking "no fucking way"....haha

A couple of days later, I got this Chinese horoscope in my email and it said something to the effect of "You may find yourself trying to fly with one broken wing..."

:spliff:
~Talking Heads
Last Edit: 01 Mar 2013 14:32 by KayDee.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, phemohilia

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 14:47 #7

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
WOW!

Love this story and it gave me goosebumps twice. Thanks, KayDee for sharing it.

:hugs:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 01 Mar 2013 14:48 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: KayDee

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 14:52 #8

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
WOW!

Love this story and it gave me goosebumps twice. Thanks, KayDee for sharing it.

Aw, thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :D

~Talking Heads

Synchronicity 01 Mar 2013 16:51 #9

• phemohilia
KayDee wrote:
Wish I had actually learned German when I had it in high school!

Ninth grade French. "Je m'appelle François". My name isn't even fucking Frank. :(

KayDee wrote:
I have synchronicity happen regularly, as well. I'm never quite sure what it is supposed to mean...if anything. How does one interpret this?

I think it means that you're right where you need to be, doing exactly what you need to be doing. "Right on schedule". Kinda like a nudge from the Universe so as to say "See, I'm still here slugger, don't sweat it!!" In that old "take one step t'wards Gawd and It'll take five steps t'ward you" way of thinkin. So to me it's a form of confirmation and reassurance that there's something both looking out for AND working with you at all times.

KayDee wrote:
One funny synch I had....

Last year I bought a concrete garden statue of a fairy. When I got home & went to place it in my flower bed, I noticed one of the wings was broken! I searched the inside of my Jeep, hoping to find the piece of wing to repair it but- no. I was so mad that I had not noticed it in the store. I set it in the flower bed but decided I would return it the next day.

The next morning, I got up to get ready for work. I let my dog out the front to "do his business" and there in the rain, was my imperfect fairy. I suddenly felt really bad for her. If I returned her, no one would buy her because of her flaw. She would be an orphan. What would become of her? Would she end up in a dump somewhere?

Though I felt a little silly for feeling such deep empathy for a lump of concrete molded into the shape of a fairy, I decided to keep her. How could I abandon her over a flaw?

So I went about getting ready for work- started the coffee brewing, turned on the radio and to my surprise the song that came on was...

"Take these broken wings...and learn to fly again...learn to live so free..."

I just shook my head and laughed, thinking "no fucking way"....haha

A couple of days later, I got this Chinese horoscope in my email and it said something to the effect of "You may find yourself trying to fly with one broken wing..."

:spliff:

That was so beautiful, K-Dee. Isn't it awesome when it works like that?? :D

Synchronicity 06 Mar 2013 18:25 #10

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
Lmao @ your high school French! :killinme:

On a semi serious note...it's comforting to know that I'm supposed to be at such a shitty point in life... ;)

Maybe that means I won't have to repeat it! Freedom from Earth! :scotty:
~Talking Heads

Synchronicity 06 Mar 2013 22:54 #11

• phemohilia
KayDee wrote:
On a semi serious note...it's comforting to know that I'm supposed to be at such a shitty point in life... ;)

I didn't quite mean it in that way. :emb:

More like when you're in the "synchronicity" experience and whatever you're doing or thinking and however it is that the experience plays out is a lot of the time positive/uplifting in nature and that little spark of awe is what we're supposed to grab onto and try to allow more of that kinda stuff to permeate all areas of our Life.

Not so much in the way of "your life is suckin' major donkey balls and everything makes you wanna slam a bottle of Drain-o and somehow this is what you deserve and is exactly what you need and where you're supposed to be right now" but more in the vein of "no matter what you're up against in your life right now, know that no matter how bad it may seem you've always got assistance and however bad things may be they are learning experiences and will serve to make you a stronger soul after you go through them".

At least that's how I see it and when I get those little "stop everything and acknowledge this awesome moment of way-more-than-coincidence" experiences it's like a nice cold drink of water on an otherwise long, dirty gravel road of pained lonliness. It makes me feel as though there are reasons to go on and purpose in my Life.

KayDee wrote:
Maybe that means I won't have to repeat it! Freedom from Earth! :scotty:

That's another way to look at it. I think that's why I've had so many high-school dreams. Not just me, I know lots of people have them. But once you graduate on to the next level then I think a lot of the harsh, negative experiences you've had to go through are done. Until you reach the next set of challenges. That's just how I try to make sense of it all, it may be totally wrong or something else completely but it's what I'm feeling at this point in my life. I know I'd really like to go on to something else, something better. Earth in its present state doesn't offer much in the way of incentives to want to return here for future dealings, that's for sure!!

Synchronicity 07 Mar 2013 01:57 #12

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
Really insightful reply, Phem. :thumbup: (also witty- love your humorous writing)

I certainly wasn't directing my distaste for life at your previous comment on sychronicity; just me being bitter & cynical. :emb: Hope it didn't come across as me being bitchy! :spank:

It's a good take on it and I've heard similar theories on déjà vu...definitely a possibility. I still wonder if synchs are "clues" somehow. Hinting at something, y'know? Or maybe it's not even natural...like a manipulation...sometimes synchs happen with media. Perhaps it's like a trigger. I dunno; so many possibilities! It's a weird thing...

I really hope all my lessons in life will be done when I die! Judging by the present, the future doesn't look to promising...don't think I want to be born in the future! I always feel like I was born in the wrong time/place.

"A girl misplaced in time & space"....that's what I used to say... :coffee:
~Talking Heads

Synchronicity 07 Mar 2013 02:30 #13

• phemohilia
KayDee wrote:
I certainly wasn't directing my distaste for life at your previous comment on sychronicity; just me being bitter & cynical. :emb: Hope it didn't come across as me being bitchy! :spank:

:D

Synchronicity 07 Mar 2013 02:41 #14

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
phemohilia wrote:
KayDee wrote:

:D

Sweet!

I love his part in True Romance! :spliff:
~Talking Heads

Synchronicity 07 Mar 2013 02:45 #15

• phemohilia
KayDee wrote:
It's a good take on it and I've heard similar theories on déjà vu...definitely a possibility. I still wonder if synchs are "clues" somehow. Hinting at something, y'know? Or maybe it's not even natural...like a manipulation...sometimes synchs happen with media. Perhaps it's like a trigger. I dunno; so many possibilities! It's a weird thing...

I think they are. The next time I have a synch, I'm going to put aside some time [preferably right after it happens, if possible] and just "meditate". Let it spiritually unfold on whatever level it needs to and see if I can't get a more in-depth understanding of the what's & why's. Maybe you could try that too?? ;) [And obviously report back your findings!!] :chuckle:

KayDee wrote:
I really hope all my lessons in life will be done when I die! Judging by the present, the future doesn't look to promising...don't think I want to be born in the future! I always feel like I was born in the wrong time/place.

I for sure want to live again but definitely NOT here, not the way things are now!! I know there's probably the most growth potential in an environment like present-day Earth but it's just so harsh and soul-wrecking, ya know?? :(

Synchronicity 07 Mar 2013 02:50 #16

• phemohilia
KayDee wrote:
phemohilia wrote:
Sweet!

I love his part in True Romance! :spliff:

"Cocaine's a Hell of a drug!!"

:gmc:
Last Edit: 07 Mar 2013 02:51 by phemohilia.

Synchronicity 07 Mar 2013 02:54 #17

• KayDee
  • Fresh Member
phemohilia wrote:
KayDee wrote:

I think they are. The next time I have a synch, I'm going to put aside some time [preferably right after it happens, if possible] and just "meditate". Let it spiritually unfold on whatever level it needs to and see if I can't get a more in-depth understanding of the what's & why's. Maybe you could try that too?? ;) [And obviously report back your findings!!] :chuckle:

KayDee wrote:

I for sure want to live again but definitely NOT here, not the way things are now!! I know there's probably the most growth potential in an environment like present-day Earth but it's just so harsh and soul-wrecking, ya know?? :(

I sure want some sort of afterlife but not so sure about the human existence, anymore...especially with how it's evolving.

I always think quite a bit about the synchronicities but I just have so many possibilities swimming around the skull that it's hard to say what any of it means. I am a huge "what if-er". I think this is why I am incapable of having faith in any one idea or concept.
~Talking Heads

Synchronicity 21 Mar 2013 21:16 #18

• Aryanist
  • Fresh Member
With 7 billion people on the planet, strange occurrences will occur with freakish co-incidence. I love Jung and sychronicity is interesting but I don't believe it is anything but casual co-incidence.
'We are the torch-bearers, we carry the Aryan light forever forward in the Spirit of the Führer, Sieg Heil!' XX/88

"It is my duty to warn you that the eye of Jehovah - Satan from now, is perched upon you. Being cursed by him and he will try to destroy you. But fear not, you shall not be abandoned. You will be guided to the end charismatically." - Nimrod de Rosario.

Synchronicity 22 Mar 2013 16:21 #19

• phemohilia
But there are those incidents that happen without any involvement of other people that line up way too many corresponding elements to just be "coincidence". At least in my experience there have been. I'm sure some things are just coinciding events but some are much more than that and when they happen, one can tell the difference.

Synchronicity 22 Mar 2013 20:05 #20

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I used to have LOADS of synchronicity in years gone by. I mean synchronicity SO "out there" that it would astonish people. It stll astonishes me when I look back on some of the "things that happened".

But I don't get any synchronicity now. Maybe not for, oh, ten years or more. :(

Perhaps I scraped the barrel of my luck dry?
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare