Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uri Geller

Uri Geller 20 Jul 2013 22:42 #1

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I'm sure you've all long since heard about this spoon bending idiot, who claims great "psychic powers". :roll: Apart from talk crap and befriend rich and famous people, no one has ever really known how he could afford the lifestyle he enjoys ... until (possibly) NOW! :D

Tomorrow night (Sunday, 21st July) at 9p.m. on BBC2, there is a "documentary" in which he reveals how he has been doing "cover work" - spying for over four decades for the Israeli secret service Mossad and the CIA, who have "relied on the psychic's mind altering powers".

Now, honestly, this idiot is as false as any you will find anywhere (even Derek Acorah and Russell Grant carry more gravitas than Geller - and they have precisely none each :D ). But is it possible that these secret services would pay out for over 40 years to a ninny who can't talk one sensible sentence? I cannot believe Geller has anything of genuine psychic powers to him; or that, if he did, he would use them for such corrupt organisations; or that, if he did, he would then talk openly and informatively about it on national telly (the BBC no less!).

Documentary my big-fat-lily-while-bottom! What's the con here?

We'll see tomorrow, when the programme airs. Try to watch it if you can - I'll be interested in the feedback.

:thumbup:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Last Edit: 20 Jul 2013 22:52 by cantata.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Hexhammer, PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 20 Jul 2013 22:51 #2

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Will do.

Isn't/wasn't Geller a scientologist by the way? So I heard somewhere.

:roll: Even less credibility then...
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Uri Geller 20 Jul 2013 22:54 #3

• cantata
  • Silver Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
Will do.

Isn't/wasn't Geller a scientologist by the way? So I heard somewhere.

:roll: Even less credibility then...

A quacktologist is all he is. But he's got a very big house from it!

:D

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

Last Edit: 20 Jul 2013 22:54 by cantata.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 09:12 #4

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Born in Tel Aviv, British Mandate of Palestine (now located in Israel), to Jewish parents from Hungary and Austria,[4] Geller is the son of Itzhaak Geller (Gellér Izsák), a retired army sergeant major, and Manzy Freud (Freud Manci). It is claimed that Geller is a distant relative of Sigmund Freud on his mother's side. :D

On 11 February 2009, Geller purchased the uninhabited 100 yard-by-50 yard Lamb Island off the eastern coast of Scotland, previously known for its witch trials, and beaches that Robert Louis Stevenson is said to have described in his novel Treasure Island. Geller claims that buried on the island is Egyptian treasure, brought there by Scota, the half-sister of Tutankhamen 3,500 years ago and that he will find the treasure through dowsing. Geller also claimed to have strengthened the mystical powers of the island by burying there a crystal orb once belonging to Albert Einstein.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller

Isn't he a cousin of Bob Zimmerman? :rofl:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 12:34 #5

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I think he's full of it... If he would be a real deal, he probably would not be a 'star' everybody knows of.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 12:56 #6

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'll watch that "documentary" :chuckle: What's all that spoon bending about? :D I'd be more impressed if he bent a crowbar or something :rofl: Although I found this;

“I can’t do this — the thickest thing I ever bent was a crowbar.” Yeah right :D

www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=1190554

He should bend a girder :D

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 13:01 #7

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Has he ever straightened a bent spoon and made it strong again? That would be impressive :chuckle:

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 13:04 #8

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
What he has been doing best for his own end aka bank account is bending the minds of gullible tv addicts.

Entitled The Secret life of Uri Geller – Psychic Spy?, the documentary claims that Mr Geller used his telepathic and psychic powers in a number of key CIA operations during the Cold War.

Among them was the wiping out of Soviet floppy discs which KGB agents were carrying in diplomatic pouches, and influencing a Russian negotiator during nuclear arms talks by beaming what he described as “peace messages” at his head.

The film suggests that Mr Geller may also have been among nearly 50 psychics trying to locate Osama bin Laden after 9/11.

The Israeli-born psychic, who lives in a mansion in Berkshire, was also said to be working for Mossad and is praised in the film by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Mossad is reported to have used his powers to disable radar at Entebbe where Israeli commandos staged a rescue of hostages held by Palestinian hijackers.

Mr Geller came to the attention of the Americans in the 1970s when Jimmy Carter was elected president. One of the first things he did after entering the White House was to give Mr Geller a four-hour briefing on the Soviet psychic threat. “America did not want a ‘psychic gap’ and Uri was the ‘go-to guy’,” said the film’s producer, Vikram Jayanti.

www.thejc.com/news/world-news/108820/uri-geller-used-mind-powers-aid-mossad%E2%80%99

On camera and in interview, Geller still remains coy about his espionage activities.

Jayanti didn’t rely on Geller’s own cryptic testimony. Instead, he spoke to the high-level officials involved in recruiting and using him. These include scientists from The Stanford Research Institute as well as senior CIA operatives. Among the interviewees with first hand knowledge of Geller’s psychic spying activities are former CIA officer Kit Green, Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell (the sixth man to walk on the moon), physicists Russell Targ and Hal Puthoff, and retired US army colonel John Alexander (of The Men Who Stared At Goats fame). A Brit, Nick Pope, once the British Government’s UFO boffin, also puts in an appearance. We also learn about Geller's stint as a psychic bodyguard for Mexican President Jose Lopez Portillo.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu appears in the doc, testifying to his many years of friendship with Geller.

Spying for the CIA is one thing, football another. In Sheffield, Geller belatedly offered his apologies to the Scottish people for using his psychic powers from a helicopter above Wembley to try to make the ball move before Gary McAllister took his fateful, missed penalty against England during the Euro 1996 tournament. He acknowledged that was one occasion when he had most definitely crossed ethical lines.

“I then realised after I got hate letters, hundreds and hundreds from Scotland, that it was absolutely and utterly unethical,” Geller confessed. “Guess what, I bought a Scottish island. I made up with Scotland. I am an owner of a Scottish island. That, to me, means I am partially Scottish.”

www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/uri-geller-psychic-spy-the-spoonbenders-secret-life-as-a-mossad-and-cia-agent-revealed-8659271.html
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 21 Jul 2013 13:31 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, cantata

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 14:32 #9

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I think the "documentary" tonight will be much more about Geller's self delusion, grandiosity, money garnering and keeping up his "public profile". In many other circumstances, he would be getting diagnosed, not publicised - the mental hospitals are full of people who have been sectioned and force-fed drugs for much less than this man claims.

But the BBC's purpose interests me even more than Geller's. How much of any "truth" is this going to contain? Surely, if Geller was telling the truth about his "psychic spying" activities..... he'd never be able to speak openly about it? Yet the BBC must have a use for the idiot, or they wouldn't be trotting him out of Forgottenness like this....

I will be watching it tonight, just to see!

User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 14:42 #10

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
^This.

I think Geller is just making a living for himself. Tricks or not, he's an extraordinary man for sure and will be remembered as such. He's not dumb, those are who pay for seeing him. It's bit the same what likes of Icke or Jones do, speaking from their asses to people who are willing to pay for it.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 21:00 #11

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Right.

This will be starting in a minute so I'm off to watch it (or as much of it as I can stomach). I'm interested to see if this supposed "documentary" is some kind of promotion of the fool, or a micky take of the idiot.

Catch you in a while!

:)

User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Hexhammer

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 21:07 #12

• cantata
  • Silver Member
At 20 years of age, he shot a man dead and it made him realise how much he loved Israel.... some "sensitive", huh?

Anyway, gotta go!

User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 21:23 #13

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm going to watch it on TV catch-up later. ;)

www.tvcatchup.com/
Last Edit: 21 Jul 2013 21:23 by diamondgeezer.

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 22:01 #14

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
So he was a spy but he can't tell us about it :D Oh well :chuckle:

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 22:02 #15

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Is it worth me watching later then? Or was it bollocks... :D

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 22:11 #16

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:

"Can you tell us about that Uri?"
"I wlll neither confirm nor deny"
"Are you doing any work for them now Uri"
"Let's not go there"

That kind of thing :D

It told us he was a spy and bent some spoons and that :D
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, Hexhammer, cantata, PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 22:12 #17

• cantata
  • Silver Member
And what a load of rubbish it was. I'm still not sure of the BBC's intention in making the programme, but it was a spectacular opportunity for Self Promotion for the has-been that is Uri Geller!

Basically, to the back-ground music from "The Avengers", "Dr Who" and various Benny Hill type tunes, we heard Uri Geller tell us how much he couldn't tell us. In between, he mentioned various uncorroborated programmes and spying episodes that he had been attached to - such as "erasing the diplomatic informations on floppy discs, carried from the Russian Embassy every 10 or 15 days". This was done for the CIA who, of course, were unlikely to ever corroborate this claim (and, indeed, how could they? Had the Russians' floppy discs been erased by Uri Geller sitting behind the agents on planes thinking "erase, erase, erase..."? :D Would the Russians have phoned the CIA to confirm he'd succeeded in erasing their floppy discs?).

Other claims were also Pie-In-The-Sky stuff: he has been the "psychic bodyguard to the Mexican President's wife" and would report to Mexican agents if he got a bad vibe from anyone at the party ( :conf: :D ), blah blah blah.

And so it went on with a narcissist boasting about "living the life of James Bond". It came over as complete fantasy; BUT it showed that in a time when people were becoming very interested in "esoteric matters", Geller rode the wave and ingratiated himself with a lot of famous and political people on a series of party-tricks - none of which were heavily tested. There seemed to have been a great naivety at that time and a huge predisposition to believe that esoteric matters were all true and could be worked for the relevant benefit of... whoever.

Tests were conducted in a manner that took no account of there potentially being plants working in with Geller, etc.

Apparently, this whole "psychic agent" thing was ended in 1975 when the new boss turned out to be a born-again Christian who found such matters distasteful to his religion (um, how likely is that?) and it is still off the menu, although Geller was apparently "reactivated" after 9/11 by a man called "Ron", from which country Geller could not say. He knew which country, of course, he just could not say! Nor could he say why he was reactivated; nor could he say if he was still reactivated.

It was almost a comedy; but, strangely, the BBC ensured that his empty and foolish claims were verified by various scientists, politicians and famous people.

Very odd. I still don't know what the BBC's purpose was.

:conf:

User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Hexhammer, PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 22:14 #18

• cantata
  • Silver Member
irrepressible wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

"Can you tell us about that Uri?"
"I wlll neither confirm nor deny"
"Are you doing any work for them now Uri"
"Let's not go there"

That kind of thing :D

It told us he was a spy and bent some spoons and that :D

No - HE told us he was a spy and bent some spoons and that. We even got to see a spoon he'd bent earlier!

User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, irrepressible, Hexhammer, PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 22:17 #19

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Basically, to the back-ground music from "The Avengers", "Dr Who" and various Benny Hill type tunes, we heard Uri Geller tell us how much he couldn't tell us

:rofl:
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, cantata, PFIZIPFEI

Uri Geller 21 Jul 2013 22:17 #20

• cantata
  • Silver Member
But, it inspired me! (Because I want a big house and world travel).

So. I am going to write a book.... but I can't tell you about it. :secret: And I won't be using any words... in case that tells anyone about it. :secret:

I'm hoping the BBC will serialise it..... :secret:

User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare