Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal

TOPIC: Chuck's Strange Dream Experience

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 16:01 #1

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Let me preface this by saying I don't remember my dreams very often.
I'm off work this week and had a big lie in this morning. When I woke up naturally - absent of the usual piercing alarm and dragging myself up all bleary eyed - I was aware of the dream I'd been having. I had this odd realisation I'd been to the same place I'd been dreaming about in at least two previous dreams - thinking about this latest dream triggered apparent memories of these dreams I'd previously forgotten. It seemed like I'd visited the same 'set' before, a bit like a level map on a computer game. I can remember I could remember these dreams in reasonable detail, but now I've forgotten everything but the stuff I've just said. I can only remember it involved some big house, a sort of quite open plan one that was kinda modernist and kinda grey looking. I can remember being quite determined to remember the impression as I decided to go back to sleep for a bit.
I was probably imagining these earlier dream memories, still kinda dreaming or something, but at the time the sense these dreams involved visiting a 'place' that had some chronological consistency was quite powerful. And the act of writing it down helps retain the fading memory, which is why I'm starting this thread, more to remind me than anything as the memory fades during the waking day. Indeed, it only just popped back into my head.

I don't think it means anything other than thinking strange stuff when half asleep, but how about a thread for strange dream experiences?
No War But The Class War
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Avacyn

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 16:20 #2

• cantata
  • Silver Member
:O

I also had a strange dream last night; and funnily enough I was just thinking about it again, I'm remembering it that so clearly; and my dream also was set in a place I've dreamed of being in before.... I think it's meant to be a part of Birmingham University, but right in the centre of the city, and always very glassy and hard to find my way around...

Usually, this place signifies me being lost and trying to find my way in or out of the building, and it has a "nasty feel" to it, as if something bad is going to happen. But last night's dream was quite pleasant, for a change.

Very peculiar.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Avacyn

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 16:23 #3

• jonb
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata, Chuck Random

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 16:43 #4

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:
:O

I also had a strange dream last night; and funnily enough I was just thinking about it again, I'm remembering it that so clearly; and my dream also was set in a place I've dreamed of being in before.... I think it's meant to be a part of Birmingham University, but right in the centre of the city, and always very glassy and hard to find my way around...

Usually, this place signifies me being lost and trying to find my way in or out of the building, and it has a "nasty feel" to it, as if something bad is going to happen. But last night's dream was quite pleasant, for a change.

Very peculiar.

In my dream the place was kinda scary but not really scary if you get what I mean. It's kind of like I thought it was scary, but knew deep down it was actually not a bad place.

Maybe our brains are lazy and keep re-using the same places like some low budget film producer.

But as a product of our minds, I also think they may contain reflections what's going on in our minds at some kind of subconscious level. Years ago, when I dabbled with the occult to check it out, I had a run of freaky dreams generally involving underground places where I was trying to find something I never found or knew what it was that was both frightening and very exciting. They stopped when I jacked all that stuff in. Come to think of it, I think this odd experience has resonated with me because it reminds me of those dreams.

I did my degree at Birmingham University. It was a long time ago, but I remember it being a big place. I remember being there on a Sunday and it was quite eerie and desolate in places.
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 17:08 #5

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Chuck Random wrote:
I did my degree at Birmingham University. It was a long time ago, but I remember it being a big place. I remember being there on a Sunday and it was quite eerie and desolate in places.

:O :umm:

I've never even seen Birmingham Uni (which is only about 25 miles from here), not even when I've gone shopping in the city. But it's such a strong feeling that it is B/Uni when this dream happens.

I have 3 repeat dream places: The Evil Room (usually the bathroom) which I wrote about in phe's "Sleep Paralysis" thread; an area of Leamington that is quite nice but, when I dream about nearing it or being in it, I have to get out of it as I know the kids around there (who all go around on bicycles :D ) are on the look out to do "bad" - maybe just robbing, but "bad"; and this B/Uni dream.

Isn't it meant to represent a part of ourselves? Each room or area corresponding to an area of our inner selves that may be trying to convey a message in the usual "symbolic speech". Why the fek messages aren't just said outright, if that's what it's supposed to be, I dunno. Just say it! :roll:

I dabbled a bit in the occult myself, lol, but these dreams came before that time, as well as during and after. All of my truly "weird experiences" have happened when I'm awake and thinking perfectly ordinary things.....

Maybe jonb's Pete & Dud vid sums it up - we just want sex with a big wardrobe :D (me while I'm onstage at B/Uni drinking a pint of cider I paid for with 20p's :conf: ).
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Last Edit: 29 Aug 2013 17:14 by cantata.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, jonb

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 18:26 #6

• jonb
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 18:41 #7

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:
Chuck Random wrote:

:O :umm:

I've never even seen Birmingham Uni (which is only about 25 miles from here), not even when I've gone shopping in the city. But it's such a strong feeling that it is B/Uni when this dream happens.

I have 3 repeat dream places: The Evil Room (usually the bathroom) which I wrote about in phe's "Sleep Paralysis" thread; an area of Leamington that is quite nice but, when I dream about nearing it or being in it, I have to get out of it as I know the kids around there (who all go around on bicycles :D ) are on the look out to do "bad" - maybe just robbing, but "bad"; and this B/Uni dream.

Isn't it meant to represent a part of ourselves? Each room or area corresponding to an area of our inner selves that may be trying to convey a message in the usual "symbolic speech". Why the fek messages aren't just said outright, if that's what it's supposed to be, I dunno. Just say it! :roll:

I dabbled a bit in the occult myself, lol, but these dreams came before that time, as well as during and after. All of my truly "weird experiences" have happened when I'm awake and thinking perfectly ordinary things.....

Maybe jonb's Pete & Dud vid sums it up - we just want sex with a big wardrobe :D (me while I'm onstage at B/Uni drinking a pint of cider I paid for with 20p's :conf: ).
cantata wrote:

With mine I can remember that the dreams were all different in tone - as if it was a film set that different films had been shot on, films with different stories and feels to them. Not like recurring dreams.
But it was like nowhere I've seen or been to. The one I'd just had had been sinister but ok with it.

Who can say? I struggle with the notion we use symbols towards ourselves - my brain should know I don't get what it's trying to say.

I've only has a few really odd experiences, and nothing I can't explain away. Except my ouija board one rodin inexplicably got obsessed with on the DIF.

:D
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 29 Aug 2013 22:17 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Chuck Random wrote:
I've only has a few really odd experiences, and nothing I can't explain away. Except my ouija board one rodin inexplicably got obsessed with on the DIF.

I guess he saw it as an admission from the other side.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 30 Aug 2013 12:53 #9

• sketti
Chuck Random wrote:

Except my ouija board one rodin inexplicably got obsessed with on the DIF.

I refuse to become a 'rodin'... but any chance of some more detail perhaps? :D

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 30 Aug 2013 14:59 #10

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Nuts wrote:
Chuck Random wrote:

In a Nutshell - Was 15-16 doing ouija boad with a couple of mates. Pretty sure this one lad was moving it. Ended up with just my finger on the glass and I swear it SHOT across the board - was so fast I struggled to keep my finger on it. Was a homemade board resting on a bed with a glass on top - neither lad was Derren Brown and I cannot see how the lad I think was moving it before (it was his house) could have faked it. I think they thought I'd made it move like that.
Did loads of ouija boards at that age. Either someone blatantly moving it or slowly spelt gibberish (cumulative effect of multiple fingers on glass I guess) or I think was unconsciously pushed to 'yes' or 'no' answers by the participants. Never had the glass rocket across a board like that any other time. Can't explain it. Shat me up at the time, Just one of those weird events I guess.

I think Novum is right. Rodin had suddenly decided he was a Christian before I mentioned it on the DIF.
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: sketti, Avacyn

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 31 Aug 2013 12:33 #11

• sketti
Thanks for that random. Had a similiar experience myself - more than once in fact and it scared me enough back then to not touch them since and like yourself, there wasn't an explanation. Weird things those ouija boards.

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 04 Sep 2013 11:30 #12

• Straight Shooter
The Pineal Gland, Melatonin, and it's Effect on Sleep Deep inside the brain there is a tiny pine-shaped organ called the pineal gland. The pineal gland serves many purposes, one of which is to produce a hormone called melatonin. Melatonin works to communicate information about environmental lighting to different parts of the body. In other words, it acts as the body's internal clock; it helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle. It promotes awareness during the day and reduces the amount of time it takes to fall asleep during the night. It also affects the quality of dreams. High levels of melatonin lead to vivid dreams and high quality sleep, while lower levels lead to trouble sleeping, insomnia, poor quality dreams, and often even mood disorders due to the chemical imbalance. Speaking in lucid dreaming terms, 'vivid' means more lifelike, easier to recall, and naturally the dreamer is more aware of the dream. The more vivid the dream is,the easier it is to obtain lucidity. Therefore one of the best ways to increase the chances of having lucid dreams is to increase the body's melatonin levels. Now that you have this handy piece of information, you will be able to understand how you can ultimately impact the success of your lucid dreaming life with a few simple easy steps:

www.social-consciousness.com/2012/09/lucid-dreaming-7-tricks-you-didnt-know.html
User(s) who Liked this post: sketti

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 01 Oct 2013 17:43 #13

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The last dream I had, well the last dream I remember from a couple of nights ago involved myself, or rather my dream self, walking around a town... it felt like home, and it was an odd mixture of the old and the new. There was a shiny new block of trendy looking flats right next to a very old kind of clock tower. There was also market stalls in the street. It was a nice day, the people milled around, browsing, everyone seemed content.
Anyway, I ended up in some really old run down back streets lined with old crumbling shop fronts, peeling paint, etc. I found this weird book shop/club, I entered. There were people sitting on couches and there was a gas fire on full blast, all orange. On tables were boxes containing books, and genres/authors were written on the box in biro. I found myself looking trough a box that contained Catherine Cookson books... not only was I disappointed, but I was also embarrassed "shit, they might think I like Catherine Cookson".
Anyway, I felt a bit uncomfortable there I suppose, everyone seemed to know each other, so I walked out of the place, mainly because it was too hot, and I believe I said "it's way too hot in here".

I think it was an entirely new dream, although I do have recurring ones on occasion.

Maybe the dream was telling me to read more or something :chuckle: It was a weird atmosphere, but an enjoyable dream.

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 06 Mar 2015 13:36 #14

• Avacyn
  • Hekara sisa widna sat ałiel
Chuck Random wrote:
Nuts wrote:
Chuck Random wrote:

In a Nutshell - Was 15-16 doing ouija boad with a couple of mates. Pretty sure this one lad was moving it. Ended up with just my finger on the glass and I swear it SHOT across the board - was so fast I struggled to keep my finger on it. Was a homemade board resting on a bed with a glass on top - neither lad was Derren Brown and I cannot see how the lad I think was moving it before (it was his house) could have faked it. I think they thought I'd made it move like that.
Did loads of ouija boards at that age. Either someone blatantly moving it or slowly spelt gibberish (cumulative effect of multiple fingers on glass I guess) or I think was unconsciously pushed to 'yes' or 'no' answers by the participants. Never had the glass rocket across a board like that any other time. Can't explain it. Shat me up at the time, Just one of those weird events I guess.

I think Novum is right. Rodin had suddenly decided he was a Christian before I mentioned it on the DIF.

Reading this thread, it is reassuring that I'm not alone in having unusual dreams...

As for Ouija boards, they are dangerous things. My advice? Don't use them. You have no idea what you might attract, and once that door is popen, good luck in getting it to return to where it came from...
Oh no... is it 3:36 again?

Chuck's Strange Dream Experience 06 Mar 2015 19:02 #15

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
Last year I woke up in the middle of the night with a dream fresh in my mind, I had been arranging a song for artist/record label. I remembered the song in its entirety, and proceeded to recreate it on Cubase :cool:

2 weeks later I got a letter from the tenant below's letting agent's lawyers warning me about the consequences of making noise in the "wee hours"....
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare