Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
  • Page:

TOPIC: CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ?

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 13 May 2015 15:54 #1

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure.

This is the reason why I chose this category and I would like to quote the comment, which inspired me to start this thread in the first place:

Zorro wrote:
There's many pieces of the jigsaw puzzle missing, and nobody has a hope in Hell (excuse the pun) in EVER learning the truth by reading the bible alone. In my view the version of the Bible given to the flock and peasants is almost certainly little more than an empty shell, or the crumbs from off the table.

Consider this for starters: Jesus Christ was said to have often healed the sick and performed other miracles, right. How does one heal the sick without first acquiring the knowledge or skill to do so? Could it be that Jesus himself was sent to the Mystery schools as a child? We know many middle to upper class families sent their sons to the Esoteric Mystery Schools around the time Jesus Christ lived.

My point being, the Bible states that a true Christian should follow the path of Jesus Christ, right. It's likely Jesus Christ had a deep understanding of mysticism and the occult. Otherwise how else would he have performed the miracles that the bible claims? I'm aware that much of what's written in the bible is purely allegorical, but the miracles of Jesus Christ can't be construed as allegory.

I also don't believe he was the only one alive in his day that could heal the sick. I think many others would have had the same knowledge.

What age was Jesus Christ when the first Gospel was written about him? Where are the accounts of his earlier life?

Weren't many other gospels also written besides the four official ones?

Followed by these responses:

Orangeaid wrote:
Jesus disappeared from Judea from late childhood and returned towards the end of his life.

The Bible does not state where he went.

It is thought he may have gone to India.

Irongate will know more on this than me. I'll ask him.

Orangeaid wrote:
It has been claimed that Jesus Christ went to india, the himalayas and tibet in his early years and that he learnt from the sages.
He was recognised as the awtaar -literally meaning avatar.

Re the healing miracles jesus said that he performed all miracle by permission of God. God allowed him to be given power to heal. I guess the question is - is it acquired knowledge or God given knowledge. I would think the latter whereas what he learns from the sages is "the human condition". internal contradictions and purity of being. this I believe is how he was so compassionate to mankind but God only knows the truth

Zorro wrote:
This has always been a mystery to me. I think the answer is he most likely travelled to a number of different countries and learned his ''trade'' by attending the best mystery schools of his day, and also having a deep compassion to heal the sick he excelled in the art of healing. That's just my opinion. Who really knows for sure though? Would be good to hear Irongate's take on his days in India?

Orangeaid wrote:
I believe Jesus was very much led by and educated by God.

Hindis picked up Babylonian practices. Hinduism is rife with demons and demonic ritual. ... picked up from Babylon.

That's not what Jesus Christ practiced.

Source => truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/65430-satanism-is-jewish.html?start=200#165497

I think that he was indeed an in-carn-ation of God, arrived without programming - different from most other humans, who bear the burdens of many previous lives, unconsciously in the majorty - and thus was pure and in his full power of crystal clear conscience.

Here is a good overview of his healing activities, to start with own research, and links to the relevant bible passages:

1. Individuals Who Demonstrated Faith

2. Individuals Who Helped Others Receive Their Healing by Faith

3. Other Healings of Jesus

4. Unique Healings by Jesus Christ

5. Demonic Healings

6. Mass Healing Events

7. Healings of The Disciples

Reference

=> GOD
=> satan
=> Good & Bad
=> Cabbalistic Origins of Physics - Science = Religion
=> Do you believe Jesus walked on water? POLL
=> Selbstheilung - Self-Healing (does not yet exist) :dunno:
"Miracles" => en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus
Compare => de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wunder_Jesu
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 15 May 2015 09:26 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

CHRIST - healer, charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 13 May 2015 20:05 #2

• Aryanist
  • Fresh Member
The meek Christ child who 2,000 years ago came as the Emissary of the Lord will return as Kalki the Destroyer of filth.

"Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, riding His swift horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, will travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic powers and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequalled effulgence and riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those thieves and rogues who have dared dress as kings."
'We are the torch-bearers, we carry the Aryan light forever forward in the Spirit of the Führer, Sieg Heil!' XX/88

"It is my duty to warn you that the eye of Jehovah - Satan from now, is perched upon you. Being cursed by him and he will try to destroy you. But fear not, you shall not be abandoned. You will be guided to the end charismatically." - Nimrod de Rosario.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

CHRIST - healer, charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 13 May 2015 22:23 #3

• wiikkidd
  • Gold Member
Oh, this gets better everyday. :wissl: Jesus was never a catholic, & sacrificed for the whole of humanity.

CHRIST - healer, charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 13 May 2015 23:38 #4

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Jesus

The word Jesus is the Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which in turn is the transliteration of the Hebrew, or Joshua, or again Jehoshua, meaning "Jehovah is salvation." Though the name in one form or another occurs frequently in the Old Testament, it was not borne by a person of prominence between the time of Josue, the son of Nun and Josue, the high priest in the days of Zorobabel. It was also the name of the author of Ecclesiaticus, of one of Christ'sancestors mentioned in the genealogy, found in theThird Gospel (Luke 3:29), and one of the St. Paul'scompanions (Colossians 4:11). During the Hellenizing period, Jason, a purely Greek analogon ofJesus, appears to have been adopted by many (1 Maccabees 8:17; 12:16; 14:22; 2 Maccabees 1:7;2:24; 4:7-26; 5:5-10; Acts 17:5-9; Romans 16:21). The Greek name is connected with verb iasthai, to heal; it is therefore, not surprising that some of the GreekFathers allied the word Jesus with same root (Eusebius, "Dem. Ev.", IV; cf. Acts 9:34; 10:38). Though about the time of Christ the name Jesusappears to have been fairly common (Josephus, "Ant.", XV, ix, 2; XVII, xiii, 1; XX, ix, 1; "Bel. Jud.", III, ix, 7; IV, iii, 9; VI, v, 5; "Vit.", 22) it was imposed on our Lord by God's express order (Luke 1:31; Matthew 1:21), to foreshow that the Child was destined to "save his people from their sins." Philo ("De Mutt. Nom.", 21) is therefore, right when he explains Iesousas meaning soteria kyrion; Eusebius (Dem., Ev., IV, ad fin.; P.G., XXII, 333) gives the meaning Theou soterion; while St. Cyril of Jerusalem interprets the word as equivalent to soter (Catechetical Lectures). This last writer, however, appears to agree with Clement of Alexandria in considering the wordIesous as of Greek origin (The Pedagogue III.12); St. Chrysostom emphasizes again the Hebrewderivation of the word and its meaning soter (Homily 2 on Matthew), thus agreeing with the exegesisof the angel speaking to St. Joseph (Matthew 1:21).

Christ

The word Christ, Christos, the Greek equivalent of theHebrew Messias, means "anointed." According to theOld Law, priests (Exodus 29:29; Leviticus 4:3), kings (1 Samuel 10:1; 24:7), and prophets (Isaiah 61:1) were supposed to be anointed for their respective offices; now, the Christ, or the Messias, combined this threefold dignity in His Person. It is not surprising, therefore, that for centuries the Jews had referred to their expected Deliverer as "the Anointed"; perhaps this designation alludes to Isaias 61:1, andDaniel 9:24-26, or even to Psalms 2:2; 19:7; 44:8. Thus the term Christ or Messias was a title rather than a proper name: "Non proprium nomen est, sed nuncupatio potestatis et regni", says Lactantius(Divine Institutes IV.7). The Evangelists recognize the same truth; excepting Matthew 1:1, 1:18; Mark 1:1;John 1:17; 17:3; 9:22; Mark 9:40; Luke 2:11; 22:2, the word Christ is always preceded by the article.

Only after the Resurrection did the title gradually pass into a proper name, and the expression Jesus Christ or Christ Jesus became only one designation. But at this stage the Greeks and Romans understood little or nothing about the import of the wordanointed; to them it did not convey any sacredconception. Hence they substituted Chrestus, or "excellent", for Christus or "anointed", and Chrestiansinstead of "Christians." There may be an allusion to this practice in 1 Peter 2:3; hoti chrestos ho kyrios, which is rendered "that the Lord is sweet." Justin Martyr (First Apology 4), Clement of Alexandria(Stromata II.4.18), Tertullian (To the Nations II), andLactantius (Divine Institutes IV.7), as well as St. Jerome (In Gal., V, 22), are acquainted with the pagansubstitution of Chrestes for Christus, and are careful to explain the new term in a favourable sense. Thepagans made little or no effort to learn anything accurate about Christ and the Christians; Suetonius, for instance, ascribes the expulsion of the Jews fromRome under Claudius to the constant instigation of sedition by Chrestus, whom he conceives as acting in Rome the part of a leader of insurgents.

The use of the definite article before the word Christand its gradual development into a proper name show the Christians identified the bearer with the promised Messias of the Jews. He combined in Hisperson the offices of prophet (John 6:14; Matthew 13:57; Luke 13:33; 24:19) of king (Luke 23:2; Acts 17:7; 1 Corinthians 15:24; Apocalypse 15:3), and of priest (Hebrews 2:17; etc.); he fulfilled all theMessianic predictions in a fuller and a higher sense than had been given them by the teachers of the Synagogue.
www.newadvent.org/cathen/08374x.htm
User(s) who Liked this post: Asva

CHRIST - healer, charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 14 May 2015 19:32 #5

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
''CHRIST - healer, charlatan, occultist, avatar ?''

Someone forgot this :wissl:

Revelation 5:5

''and one of the elders said to me,
"Stop weeping;

behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733
Last Edit: 14 May 2015 19:33 by Cinta.

CHRIST - healer, charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 09:23 #6

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Cinta wrote:
''CHRIST - healer, charlatan, occultist, avatar ?''

Someone forgot this :wissl:

''and one of the elders said to me,
"Stop weeping;

behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals

Most probably nobody here will ever forget who you are constantly speaking for, cinta.

Source: www.neilhague.com/viewpage.php?page_id=1

This thread is about HEALING = HEILUNG in German, in the first place, as you can easily see from my starting comment,
not about his alleged jewishness.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 15 May 2015 09:33 by PFIZIPFEI.

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 10:31 #7

• wiikkidd
  • Gold Member
OP is Jesus Christ your personal savior or is it the occult/esoteric needle pegged w/your name on it?
User(s) who Liked this post: Cinta

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 19:52 #8

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
There is one real simple truth

Those who believe in Christ as their Saviour and the Bible as the word of God

this is the TRUTH :

''behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David,''

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 20:49 #9

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
He could heal you, too, if you were able to let go of your ego lies ....tare.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 20:50 #10

• Cinta
  • Never Again
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
He could heal you, too, if you were able to let go of your ego lies ....tare.

:facepalm:

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 21:22 #11

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Cinta wrote:

Burrying your face in your hands is an almost NORMAL reaction, given the circumstances, surprisingly so.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 21:28 #12

• Cinta
  • Never Again
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Cinta wrote:

Burrying your face in your hands is an almost NORMAL reaction, given the circumstances, surprisingly so.

Matthew 7:6

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, ''

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 21:45 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Cinta wrote:
Matthew 7:6

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, ''

So who are those "dogs" and "swine", according to you, cinta?

And what has this to do with Christ - the healer?
(charlatan, occultist, avatar?)

:dunno:

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 15 May 2015 21:56 by PFIZIPFEI.

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 15 May 2015 21:58 #14

• wiikkidd
  • Gold Member
So Phizzle, the needle is redlined for you into the esoteric zone. And the other comment's are standard issue. :thumbup:
User(s) who Liked this post: Cinta

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 16 May 2015 02:11 #15

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
The Wittenberg Center, a pro-URI interfaith seminary that has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, requires seminarians to take its course in "survival and empowerment for the 21st century." The class includes "knowledge and survival skills for both the contemporary rural and urban shaman;" much of the class covers "clairvoyance & intuitive training, energy and chakra balancing, accessing past lives," and "crystal & etheric healing."

Readings for the seminary core program mix the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita with New Age and neo-pagan froth: Joseph Campbell's The Masks of God, Jung's Man and His Symbols, Starhawk's Truth or Dare, Matthew Fox's books, Jane Robert's The Education of Oversoul 7, and Brian Swimme's The Universe Is A Green Dragon. The Wittenberg Center has powerful friends. Among the members of its Board of Advisors are Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Harvard Institute for International Development and the former economic adviser to Russia, and the aforementioned Rev. James Parks Morton.

In short, promoters of New Age and theosophical ideals are not social outcasts. Often enough, these followers of the Spirit of the Age get attention and money from the rich and the powerful.

Jesus of the Cults and Religions

Another Jesus

Today's new spirituality does include Jesus, but he is not the Jesus of Scripture. He is another Jesus who is appreciated by mystics and Gnostics alike. He is accepted by the other religions as a great teacher, an enlightened spiritual master, but not the Son of God, God in the flesh.. He needs to be something other than the bibles Jesus to be accepted by the masses.

Dr. Carl Gustav Jung taught that the “Christ archetype” could be activated and encountered via active imagination or visualization. People today choose Jesus to be their spirit-guide. As they visualize him, he speaks to them and gives them wisdom and guidance. They claim, “I follow the words of Jesus.”

The Jehovah's Witnesses also have another Jesus, one who is an angel who became a man

The Mormons Jesus is similar in that he is also an angel. A Spirit child of Elohim who is in the class of Spirit. He is the Spirit brother of the Lucifer who became the Devil. That we all were the same in spirit in our preexistence on earth before we embodied. Mormonism (Joseph Smith): “Christ is the firstborn spirit Son in the eternal family, and while yet in pre-existence he advanced and progressed and became like the Father in power and intelligence; that is, he became a God.”“

These are only a few references as a guideline of what the Bible teaches.

What did Jesus say of himself-John 8:23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I AM from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.” “Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM”( John 8:58). Jn.5:18, “He said God was his Father, making himself equal with God. “And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:28. John 10:14-16: “I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep”..

What did the disciples teach that he said- ”and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us. John 1:2-3 He was in the beginning with God 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

1 Pt.1:1 “ our God and savior Jesus Christ.” Titus 2:13 Jesus is called “our great God and Savior.” Col 1:16-17: “For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.”1 Tim.3:16 “God was manifested in the flesh.”

No other person has been so the source of opinions by the religious community, not Buddha, nor Mohammed nor Krishna. Why the various opinions? Many deny what He said and the apostles taught about Him...

A.R.E Association for Research and Enlightenment (Edgar Cayce): “He is an ensample [example] for man, and only as a man, for He lived only as a man, He died as man.”( Association for Research and Enlightenment Edgar Cayce, reading no. 900-10 from Circulating file: Jesus the Pattern and You, p. 53.) Edgar Cayce-”Q. `When did the knowledge come to Jesus that he was to be the savior of the world? “A. `When he fell in Eden... In Adam, he brought sin,'“ (Psychic Healing, p. 75).

The Bahai Faith (The Bab; Baha'u'llah): “Jesus was not the only-begotten Son of God come down from Heaven, crucified and resurrected, nor the unique Saviour. Firuz Kazemzeden World Order summer 1978 p.39 the national spiritual assembly of the bahai’s of the United states) Was Christ within god, or God within Christ ? No in the name of God. “ (Abdul Baha Questions p. 97) Many Christians are surprised to find that a new messenger from God has already come, saying that he is the return of Christ.” (The Return of Christ p. 4 1978 Bahai publishing trust)

Islam- Sura 43:59 “Jesus was no more than a mortal whom Allah favored and made an example to the Israelites. They are unbelievers who say God is Messiah, Mary’s son.” Surat al Nisa 4:157-158 “And because of their saying: we slew the messiah Jesus son of Mary. Allahs messenger-they slew him not nor crucified- Sura 43:59

Church Universal and Triumphant-Mark and Elizabeth Prophet “The Christ Self, then, has communication with the Father who in both Principle and Person is the Presence of God, the 1 AM THAT 1 AM, or the 1 AM Presence.” (Mysteries of the Holy Grail Arch angel Gabriel p.217) the Prophets explain, “Jesus was both the actual and symbolical representative of this Christ Self. Jesus was the example. the one who self-realized the Christ Mind and was at one with It at all times. Jesus himself was not the only begotten Son of the Father. The Christ of him was and is the only begotten Son of the Father “ (The Lost Teachings of Jesus p. 241).

Eckankar (Paul Twitchell): “do not put Him [Jesus] in a special category, for all saviours and prophets who came to earth to help mankind did their part arid passed on to the glory of the heavenly kingdom ..

The Foundation of Human understanding The Foundation of Human understanding (Roy Masters): -you must not have any concepts of what Christ is like or God is like. it all must be an inward revelation process-” (Roy Masters (tape), -The Mystery of Golgotha.

The Gurdjieff Foundation (Gurdfieff): -[In a conversation] ... Gurdjieff said: 'I hate your Jesus, poor Jewish boy'-the emphasis being on' your.'“' (C S. Nott Teachings of Gurdjieff. A Pupil's Journal 1978, p. 103

Course in miracles- (Helen Schucman) “Jesus is a man, who is like all other men, and the Christ idea, which all men possess and must eventually demonstrated. He becomes the pattern for all of us. Jesus the man was used by the Christ to demonstrate the illusion of the world.”...Jesus became what all of you must be. ...Is he the Christ? O yes, along with you. ...Is he God's only Helper? No, indeed. For Christ takes many forms with different names...” (pp. 83-84).”The Son of God ... is not Jesus but our combined Christ consciousness. . .”The name Jesus refers to one who was a man but who saw the face of Christ in all his brothers.... So he became identified with Christ, a man no longer at one with God.”

The Masons- Manly Hall refers to Jesus as “The Solar Diety' Jesus of Nazareth had attained a level of consciousness, of perfection, that has been called by various names: cosmic consciousness, soul regeneration, philosophic initiation, spiritual illumination, Brahmic Splendor, Christ-consciousness. (Lynn F Perkins, The Meaning of Masonry, CSA Press, 1971, 53)

Gurus

Agne Yoga Fellowship Agne Yoga Fellowship (Swami Kriyananda): 'What is Christ? St. Simeon the new theologian wrote, 'I move my hand, and Christ moves, who is my hand.” Swami Kriyananda, Eastern Thoughts, Western Thoughts (Nevada City, CA: Ananda Publications, 1975), pp. 67-68.

Self-Realization Fellowship Self-Realization Fellowship (Paramahansa Yogananda): “in Christian Scriptures it [Christ] is called the 'only begotten son'. . .. It is the universal consciousness, oneness with God, manifested by Jesus, Krishna, and other avatars.” Paramahansa Yogananda, Man's Eternal Quest (Los Angeles, CA- Self Realization Fellowship, 1975), pp. 470-71; cf., Self Realization (Los Angeles, CA-Self Realization Fellowship), Winter 1979, pp, 340,

Sri Chinmoy Centers (Sri Chinmoy): “To say that Christ is the Savior and the only way to salvation is a mistake. ... He laughs when His followers say He is the only savior.- Sri Chininoy, A Hundred Years from Now (Jamaica, NY. Agni press, 1974), pp, 39-43.

Yogananda “man reincarnates on earth until he has consciously regained his status as a son of God.”

The Divine Life Society Integral Yoga Institute (Sivananda/ Satchidananda): “Remember that Christ is not a person, It's an experience-Christhood. Like Nirvana or Buddha. It's an experience.. . “ (Satchinananda speaks p.47-48 June 17, 1975)

Sri Yukteswar said: Theologians have interpreted Christ's words in such passages as “I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (Jn. 14:6). Jesus meant, never that he was the sole Son of God, but that no man can attain the unqualified Absolute, the transcendent Father beyond creation, until he has first manifested the 'Son' or activating Christ Consciousness within creation. Jesus, who had achieved entire onenness with that Christ consciousness, identified himself with it inasmuch as his own ego had long since been dissolved.' (Paramahansa Yogananda Autobiography of a Yogi Self Realization fellowship p.178)

3 HO Sikhism 3 HO Sikhism (Yogi Bhajan): Jesus was a man of God only who had to become qualified for hiknow if Joseph was his father and his mother created “her son to really be a Christ,” but not a savior. Heads of Truth, Winter, March 1978, p. 20; Spring 1975, p. 13; Spring 1978, pp. 32, 39, Beds of Truth no. 31, p. 15.)

Vedanta: Swami Probhavananda alleges we “cannot accept Christ as the only Son of God, Those who insist on regarding the life and teachings of Jesus as unique are bound to have great difficulty in understanding them.” Swami Prabhavananda, The Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta 1963, p. 47.

Sai Baba Society (Sathya Sai Baba): “The inner mystery of the incarnation [is] God incarnating in all. All are One; the One is All.

Anthroposophy (Rudolph Steiner): “[Jesus] ... must be designated in the truest sense of the word as a 'mere man'.. ( Rudolf Steiner, From Jesus to Christ 1973, pp. 51-52.

Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism Diasaku Ikeda): “The doctrines of the divinity and the resurrection Of Christ are outside the province of rational thought .... Christians are schizophrenic.” Noah S. Brannen, Soka Gakkai, Japan's Militant Buddhists (Richmond, VA: John Knox Press, 1968), pp. 98-99.

The Masonic Lodge: Edmond Ronayne, The Masters Carpet (Ezra Cook Company of Chicago, 1879), p. 87.) “Christ, teaching the Religion of Love, was crucified, that it might become a Religion of Hate;” (Morals and Dogma P.294) “But the Chief of the Empire of Darkness caused Him to be crucified by the Jews. Still He suffered in appearance only…” (ibid. p. 567, p. 1)

Those who claim Christianity

Iglesia Ni Cristo (Felix Manalo) “If there is any verse which people claim proves the alleged deity of Christ, this verse has been wrongly interpreted by the people.” (Pasugo 1984 May/june p.14) “Col.1:15 states very clearly, Christ is ‘the firstborn of every creature,’ and is therefore not the creator.”(Pasugo Jan/.Feb 1980 p.37) “The scriptures do not teach that Christ is the creator of all things.” (PASUGO, March/April 1982, p. 26.)”We now affirm that Jn.1:1 does not call Jesus Christ God…’It does not teach the doctrine of the Trinity.” (God's message July/Sept 1995 p.14)

Jehovah's Witnesses- Charles Taze Russell- “There is Scriptural evidence for concluding that Michael was the name of Jesus Christ before he left heaven and after his return.” (WT 5/15/1969, p. 307) …”Michael the great prince is none other than Jesus Christ himself.” (WT 12/15/1984 p29) Michael the archangel is no other than the only begotten son of God, now Jesus Christ..”(New Heavens and New Earth pg.30-31)- Charles Taze Russell-”There is Scriptural evidence for concluding that Michael was the name of Jesus Christ before he left heaven and after his return.” (WT 5/15/1969, p. 307) …”Michael the great prince is none other than Jesus Christ himself.” (WT 12/15/1984 p29) Michael the archangel is no other than the only begotten son of God, now Jesus Christ.”(New Heavens and New Earth pg.30-31)

The Moonies- “He can by no means be God Himself.”—Divine Principle, pp. 210-211

Christian Science Christian Science (Mary Baker Eddy): “Jesus Christ is not God, as Jesus Himself declared, but is the Son of God.” (Science and Health Key to the Scriptures p.361). Jesus is the name of the man who, more than all other men, has presented Christ, the true idea of God. . . . Jesus is the human man, and Christ is the divine idea; hence the duality of Jesus the Christ. (Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health and Key to the Scriptures The First Church of Christ Scientist 1934, p. 361.) “ he was the first human to understand the Divine Mind.” “ Jesus means “the highest human corporeal concept of the divine idea. . .” (ibid. p. 589).

Christian Spiritual Alliance The Christian Spiritual Alliance (Roy Eugene Davis): “Jesus was not the only begotten.” (Roy Eugene Davis, the Hidden teachings of Jesus Revealed 1968, p. 9, emphasis added.

Christadelphians (John Thomas). “Jesus Christ did not exist as a person from eternity as one of the triune Godhead.... He did not actually come into being until He was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born in Bethlehem” (Christadelphian messenger no.46 the word made flesh p.3)

Oneness Pentecostals “The Son of God existed from all eternity only as a plan in the mind of God.” (The Oneness of God, D. Bernard p.295) “the role of the son is temporary and not eternal” (p.105, 108)”“The Son of God refers to the humanity of Jesus.” (Oneness of God, p.98)

Way International Paul Wierwille taught “We, as well as Jesus Christ, were with God in His foreknowledge, but not in existence, before the world began. Neither did Jesus Christ” (Jesus Christ Is Not God pp. 31-32). that Jesus did not exist except in the mind of God before conception in Mary's womb, and “Jesus Christ the Son of God, was made by God” (Ibid, pp. 103-04).

Unity School of Christianity (Charles Fillmore), “Most of our religious beliefs are based on the [erroneous] idea that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.” Unity (periodical), October, 1976, pp. 59-60.)

Unitarian Universalism: Unitarian Universalist minister Waldemar Argow states: “They [Unitarian/Universalists] do not regard him as a supernatural creature, the literal son of God who was miraculously sent to earth as part of an involved plan for the salvation of human souls.', (Waldemar Argow, Unitarian Universalism-Some Questions Answered (pamphlet) (Boston, MA. Unitarian Universalism Assoc., nd.), p. 6.)

Mormonism- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints- “..That Lucifer, the son of the morning, is our elder brother and the brother of Jesus Christ.” (Apostle B. McConkie Mormon doctrine p.163-164) “...Jesus, our elder brother, was begotten in the flesh by the same character that was in the garden of Eden, and who is our Father in Heaven,” (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, pp. 50-51). Jesus got married at Cana and had many wives Martha, Mary and others he also had many children,” (J & D vol.1 345-346 vol.2 79-82 vol.4:259-260 the seer p.172)

The Unification Church (Sun Myung Moon): “It is a great error to think Jesus was God Himself. Jesus is no different from other men.”( Young Oon Kin, Divine Principle and its Application (HSA-UWC, 1968), p. 75.) “We must understand that this (John 8.58) also does not signify that Jesus was God Himself .Jesus on earth was a man no different from us except for the fact that He was born without original sin.” (Divine Principle p. 212).

Word faith movement

John Avanzini “Jesus had a nice house, a big house.” (Believer's Voice of Victory, (TBN) 1/20/91) “Jesus was handling big money.” (Praise the Lord (TBN), 9/15/88)

Kenneth Copeland “The image being that he was a copy, looked just like, if you stood Adam upside God they look just exactly alike....” (The Authority of the Believer IV, Tape #01-0304) “Jesus has a beginning and an end.” (What Happened From the Cross to the Throne, Tape #00-0303) God is a “spirit-being with a body, complete with eyes, and eyelids, ears, nostrils, a mouth, hands and fingers, and feet.” (Kenneth Copeland ministry letter, 21 July 1977.) “Satan conquered Jesus on the Cross and took His spirit to the dark regions of hell” (Kenneth Copeland, Holy Bible: Kenneth Copeland Reference Edition (Kenneth Copeland, Fort Worth: Kenneth Copeland Ministries, 1991), 129.)

Benny Hinn '“What was the appearance of God the Father? Like that of a man...God has the likeness of fingers and hands and a face.” (Good Morning Holy Spirit, (Benny Hinn, Word, 1991) p. 82) “Have you been begotten? So was He. Don’t let anyone deceive you. Jesus was reborn. “ (Benny Hinn, Our Position ‘In Christ,’ Part 1 1991), videotape #TV-254. “God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost - three separate individuals, one in essence, one in work - and, may I add, each one of them possesses His own spirit-body. “ (“Praise the Lord”, 10/23/92)

Hagin speaking of Jesus “his spirit and inner man went to hell in my place. Can’t you see that? PHYSICAL DEATH WOULDN’T REMOVE YOUR SINS. He tasted death for every man. He’s talking about spiritual death.” (how Jesus obtained his name tape # 44HO1 side 1)

New Age writers-

Lola Davis the New Age “Christ” resides on a different plane of consciousness from that which we experience. There he directs the Masters, “a group of advanced souls, most of them discarnate ... known variously as the White Brotherhood, The Great White Lodge, the Masters of Wisdom, the Hierarchy, and the Angels around the Throne.” (Lola Davis toward a world religion for a new age p.186)

Matthew Fox- The Cosmic Christ is the divine pattern that connects in the person of Jesus Christ (but by no means is limited to that person). (The Coming of the Cosmic Christ p.135) Divinity is found in all creatures. The divine name from Exod. 3:14, “1 Am who I Am,” is appropriated by Jesus who shows us how to embrace our own divinity. The Cosmic Christ is the “I am” in every creature. (P154)

Babara Marx Hubbard- “Who is this child? This child is the Christ-child within who has emerged victorious, fully born, incarnated as every member of the human race who evolves.” “This UNITY OF THE ELECT is the key to the transformation from Adam to Christ, from Homo sapiens to HOMO UNIVERSALIS, from creature to co-creator, from self-centered to whole centered beings.”

David and Naomi Rice.... The Christ is within each and everyone of God's creatures. …. . .the Christ is the spark of pure energy of God that has always existed within the individual manifestation of God in in many forms, but has been forgotten. (Messiah and the 2nd coming John David and Naomi Rice 1982 Coptic press Wyoming MI)

David Spangler stated: Christ is the same force as Lucifer...... Lucifer works within each of us to bring us to wholeness, and as we move into a New Age ... each of us in some way is brought to that point which I term the Luciferic Initiation ... for it is an invitation into the New Age. (David Spangler reflections on the Christ p.44-45)

Tara Center- THE CHRIST IS IN THE WORLD. A great World Teacher for people of every religion and no religion. A practical man with solutions to our problems. He loves ALL humanity... Christ is here, my friends. Your Brother walks among you. (Tara Center, full-page ad in USA Today, January 12, 1987) stated: Christ is the same force as Lucifer...... Lucifer works within each of us to bring us to wholeness, and as we move into a New Age ... each of us in some way is brought to that point which I term the Luciferic Initiation ... for it is an invitation into the New Age.(David Spangler reflections on the Christ p.44-45)

Tara Center- THE CHRIST IS IN THE WORLD. A great World Teacher for people of every religion and no religion. A practical man with solutions to our problems. He loves ALL humanity... Christ is here, my friends. Your Brother walks among you. (Tara Center, full-page ad in USA Today, January 12, 1987) Benjamen Creme's opinion, -given to him by his master, Lord Maitreya, you and I are not God and Jesus did not claim to be God.”The Christ is the Master 'Of all the Masters , but He is not God, and never claimed to be God”

Rosicrucianism (AMORO (H. Spencer Lewis): “Nowhere in the teachings and practices of Jesus can we find the least intimation that His great system was intended to bring salvation to the physical body of man. Even the salvation of the soul was not taught by Jesus, and all references in the Christian Bible to the salvation of the soul constitute a misinterpretation, a misunderstanding, of the secret (Rosicrucianism] principle that Jesus taught.( K Spencer Lewis, The secret Doctrine of Jesus (San Jose, CA-- Supreme Grand Lodge of AMORC), pp. 186-87,189-91.The Son is the highest initiate of the Sun”( The Rosicrucian Cosmo Conception). “The Christ spirit which entered the body of Jesus when Jesus Himself vacated it, was a ray from the cosmic Christ. We may follow Jesus back in His previous incarnations and can trace his growth to the present day.” (The Rosicrucian Philosophy p. 181)

Science of Mind (Ernest Holmes): “Jesus is the name of a man. Christ means the Universal Principle of Divine Sonship.'(N. Kasturt Sathya Sai Speaks, vol. 8, Ist ed. 1975, p.144.)

Scientology (L. Ron Hubbard): “Neither Lord Buddha nor Jesus Christ were OTs [that is, Operation Thetans, enlightened beings] according to the evidence. They were just a shade above clear [that is, relatively low on the Scientology scale of spiritual advancement.” (Ability magazine no. 81 [c. 1959 p. 31.)

Pierre Teilhard De Chardin- If a Christ is to be completely acceptable as an object of worship, he must be presented as the saviour of the Idea and reality of evolution. (P. 78) I believe that the Messiah whom we await, whom we all without any doubt await the universal Christ; that is to say, the Christ of evolution. (P. 96)Christianity and Evolution by

Theosophy (Helena. P Blavatsky): “Nowhere throughout the New Testament is Jesus found calling himself God, or anything higher than 'a son of God,' the son of a 'Father,' common to all.” Helena Petrovna Blavatsky. The Secret Doctrine (India: Theosophical Publishing House 1971), vol. 5, p. 369n.

Transcendental Meditation (Maharishi Mahesh Yogi): “[When] Christ said, Be still and know that I am God.'[He also meant) 'Be still and know that you are God.”' And, “I don't think Christ ever suffered [on the cross].... Those who count upon the suffering, it is a wrong interpretation of the life of Christ and the message of Christ. It is wrong.”105

Lucis Trust (Alice Bailey): -The Incarnation, which is for popular Christianity synonymous with the historical birth and earthly life of Christ, is for the mystic not only this but also a Perpetual cosmic and personal process.- (Alice Bailey, From Bethlehem to Calvary Lucis Trust, 1976, P. 7

Matthew Fox- The Cosmic Christ is the divine pattern that connects in the person of Jesus Christ (but by no means is limited to that person). (The Coming of the Cosmic Christ p.135) Divinity is found in all creatures. The divine name from Exod. 3:14, “1 Am who I Am, “is appropriated by Jesus who shows us how to embrace our own divinity. The Cosmic Christ is the “I am” in every creature. (P154)

Urantia book- Jesus Christ is not identified as being uniquely God the Son, second Person of the Holy Trinity. Instead he is Michael, one of many God the Sons. The Michael of Nebadon is the `only-begotten Son' personalizing this 611,121st universal concept of divinity and infinity,” P. 53 In other words, Jesus (Michael) is the Son of the Son of God and the Father in the sense that when these two beings had a simultaneous original thought for the 611,121st time, Jesus (Michael) was begotten. (p.366).

www.letusreason.org/Cult13.htm

One of the main players in the promotion of New Age/Occult "Christ Consciousness", yoga, Hindu, and Buddhist techniques blending with a corrupt form of Christianity is none other than the illustrious Oprah.

Oprah interviews Elizabeth Lesser, co-founder of the "Omega Institute" www.eomega.org/, discussing Lesser's book "The Seeker's Guide" and interfaith concepts, including the multiplicity of "great beings" who brought humanity different revelations and knowledge of spirituality over the ages (as in Bahai religion).

ratherexposethem.blogspot.ca/...ciousness.html

Eckhart Tolle who also gets a lot of main stream airplay and promoting by the mass media.

Quote:

Tolle declares, moreover, “All religions are equally false and equally true, depending on how you use them. You can use them in the service of the ego, or you can use them in the service of the Truth.” This happens, he teaches, because religions may start with truth, but over time they get corrupted. In other words, the major religions never effectively recovered “the transformative power of the original teachings.” All religions, therefore, Tolle believes, offer only glimpses of truth, and no religion has the total truth.

When dealing with any clear disparity between his teachings and other religions, Tolle notes, “Man made ‘God’ in his own image. The eternal, the infinite, and unnameable was reduced to a mental idol that you had to believe in and worship as ‘my god’ or ‘our god.’”28 The truth, then, according to Tolle, rests in the continuity of ideas that all religions have with one another. Elaborating on the idea of man making God in his own image, he explains,

If you go deep enough in your religion, then you all get to the same place. It’s a question of going deeper, so there’s no conflict here. The important thing is that religion doesn’t become an ideology….the moment you say “only my belief” or “our belief” is true, and you deny other people’s beliefs, then you’ve adopted an ideology. And then religion becomes a closed door. But, potentially, religion can also be an open door.

unquote

Any contradiction between religious beliefs thus, Tolle believes, can be attributed to a manmade construct or ideology, and not to the truth; conversely, any agreement between the beliefs among religions (which there must be, since they are the same, he believes, at their core) is the truth.

In reality, all religions are not the same at their core.

www.equip.org/articles/paradi...s-a-new-earth/

Sri Chinmoy, the New Age guru, meditation leader at the UN, wrote:

"the United Nations is the chosen instrument of God; to be a chosen instrument means to be a divine messenger carrying the banner of God's inner vision and outer manifestation."

William Jasper, author of "A New World Religion" describes the religion of the UN:

"...a weird and diabolical convergence of New Age mysticism, pantheism, aboriginal animism atheism, communism, socialism, Luciferian occultism, apostate (forms of) Christianity, Islam, Taoism, Buddhism, and Hinduism".

At www.lucistrust.org you can find out much more about them and how they're involved with the work of the United Nations by following their link "World Goodwill" at the top of their home page.

The Aquarian Age Community

This Website www.aquaac.org/ is sponsored by the United Nations and the whole NWO is there. www.bibliotecapleyades.net/es....htmphilosophy

The page www.aquaac.org/about/about.htmlwhich explains the work of the Aquarian Age Community, as they call themselves, has this proud quote at the header of their page:

Such a grandeur is ahead!
Such a great step awaits a fiery affirmation.
Our teaching and the affirmation of the Higher
Principles will reveal so much that is great to humanity!
A great period is drawing near: Thus we do create together.
Fiery World
Vol. III, par. 149

Amongst the many 'enlightening' pages in this website, you can easily find 'fascinating' articles entitled:

"The New World Order and the Work of the UN"

"The World Spiritual Teacher, the Esoteric Community and the United Nations" www.aquaac.org/meetings/rttop.html

"Preparing the Way for the Reappearance of the World Spiritual Teacher, the Work of the United Nations and the World-Wide Esoteric Community" and many more articles. www.aquaac.org/meetings/RT2001.html

www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...ucytrust04.htm[/QUOTE]

New Age Vocabulary

Below are several Christian terms that the New Age has twisted and perverted, along with a few terms unique to the New Age lexicon.

God: An impersonal energy force, immanent in all things. To the New Age, "god" can be referred to either as she or he, mother or father, god or goddess. Most New Age teachers hold that Mother Earth, the sun, the moon, and the stars - indeed all of nature - can be worshipped as "god."

Christ: A reincarnated avatar, Messiah, or messenger sent from the "hierarchy" (see Angels below) to give the living on earth spiritually advanced revelation. The New Age contends that Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius, Jesus, and many others were "christs," but one greater than all of them will soon come to usher in the New Age.

Angels: More frequently called "Ascended Masters, masters of Wisdom, Ancient masters, spirit guides, inner guides, spirit counsellors, one's Higher Self, the Self, Superbeings, aeons, muses or walkins." Collectively called the "hierarchy."

Born Again (Rebirth): Personal or Planetary transformation and healing. The point at which a New Age believer "lets go" and allows his Higher Self or Inner Guide (translated: demons) to guide and direct his life. Some New Agers describe this as Kundalini, a Hindu term meaning "serpent power."

The Second coming: It is claimed that at the Second Coming a New Age believer achieves "christ consciousness," an exalted, higher state in which he is spiritually transformed into a divine being. This phrase also can mean the appearance on earth of the New Age messiah, or "christ."

Heaven/Kingdom of God: The New Age, or Aquarian Age, is expected to be the era when heaven and the Kingdom of God are realized on earth. The reincarnated "christ" (the Antichrist) is to reign over the new Age, bringing in a One World Religion and consolidating all nations into a Global New World Order or one monolithic government.

www3.bc.sympatico.ca/thegoodnews/newage.htm

Quote:

Can the United Nations be considered a spiritual body? What if its purpose is not to help countries in need and be peace-keepers but rather its purpose is to usher in Alice Bailey’s “Great Plan”?

Consider what former United Nations Assistant Secretary General, Robert Muller, says:

“I would never have thought that I would discover spirituality in the United Nations! Perhaps spirituality is such a fundamental human need that it always reappears in one form or another in life and throughout history and that we are about to witness now its renaissance in a global, planetary context.”

“The religions are working together to make a world spirituality organization — we will talk together …. study …. inspire each other to re-in-store a global spirituality. All cooperations will unite in a global cooperative to preserve nature and humanity. … We should have a second United Nations. … I will continue to fight for a basic reform of the United Nations. And if the United Nations is not reformed I will recommend that the European Union which has now so many countries from even outside of Europe that the European Union should become the World Union. …. Switch on and keep on the positive buttons within yourself … meditative, smile, laugh, dance, sing … We need a new type of world … Let us make paradise earth.”

Robert Muller, “My Dream 3000″

Why is the United Nations bothering itself with a one world religion? Does religion have any business in the United Nations?

There is group of St John’ Cathedral, which is attempting to create a New World religion. It is called the Temple of Understanding. The Temple’s purpose is to facilitate the one world religion, through the promoting and acceptance of all religions, beliefs and rituals. I find this to be a massive contradiction. (The New Age/Occult/Luciferian agenda includes eliminating the True Christ and His followers).

Quote:

At the Temple Cathedral’s Lindisfarne Centre, New Age guru, David Spangler says:

“Lucifer, like Christ, stands at the door of man’s consciousness and knocks . . . He becomes the being who carries that great treat, the ultimate treat, the light of wisdom.”

Quote:

Dr. Norman Myers from Gaia Atlas of Future Worlds and has been the advisor to the United Nations, states the basic tenets of the Gaian religion, saying there is no longer any “we” or “they”:

“For the first time, and for all time, there is only ‘us’ – all of us humans, together with all our fellow species and other members of the Gaian community.”

In this New Age, there will be no individuality. Everybody will just be part of the “consciousness” and with that, there will be no rights for people.

The September/October 1994 issue of The Futurist magazine reported, “Religions are now headed toward what may ‘eventually form a United Religions Organization (URO), structured in much the same way as the United Nations and with the same goals.” Once created, the URO would be given the task of creating a “new covenant’ for the planet: “The URO will discern the nature of that covenant and with it the responsibilities, rather than the rights, of planetary citizenship.”

This new world ethic will be recognised as imperative by world institutions.

On January 25, 1993, a collection of religious leaders assembled around the “Peace Altar” at the UN’s Temple of Understanding to inaugurate the “Year of Inter-religious Cooperation and Understanding.” “The Declaration of a Global Ethic” document was unveiled and signed by scores of religious leaders.

This document contains an alternative framework for religion to which people will be held accountable. Does anyone get the feeling our freedom of religion will be encroached upon? The document dictates an irrevocable norm for all areas of life, for families and communities, nations, races and religions.

Worse still is the fact that the document states We can only do things that are approved by a global government. One of the directives state that there will be severe punishment for those religious leaders who preach “intolerance”. We can assume that these religious leaders will be rebelling against the New World Order. They will have their congregations confiscated from them.

Along with Hammarskjold, it was also U Thant, another former Secretary General of the United Nations, Dr Robert Muller and Barbara Marx Hubbard, who were involved with the conception of the United Nations Meditation Days. She is the author of the 1983 book, “Revelation: The Book of Co-creation”. She called for a “planetary Pentecost” which would alter the world’s state of consciousness”.

So what exactly do they do in the United Nations Meditation room? Well, regular meditation meetings take place there and it always starts off with a recital of Alice Bailey’s Great Invocation. Here is how it goes:

“From the point of Light within the Mind of God, Let light stream forth into human minds.
Let Light descend on Earth. From the point of Love within the Heart of God. Let love stream forth into human hearts. May the Coming One return to Earth. From the centre where the Will of God is known let purpose guide all little human wills – The purpose which the Masters know and serve. From the centre which we call the human race let the Plan of Love and Light work out. And may it seal the door where evil dwells. Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.”

International participants sit quietly for a few minutes and “link mentally with other members of their triangle”. They invoke the energies of light and goodwill, visualizing these energies as circulating through three focal points of each triangle and pouring through the networks of triangles surrounding the planet. Simultaneously, they repeat the Great Invocation.

Interestingly enough, the Great Invocation was recited during the opening ceremonies in 1992 at the U.N’s Earth Summit in Rio.

Ida Urso of Lucis Trust Arcane School said in 1995:

“It is no coincidence that we are celebrating both the 50th anniversary of the Great Invocation and the United Nations. Both in different ways are pivotal to the Plan… let us together complete the triangle of light… let us contemplate that world body–’the hope of humanity’–which was conceived just 50 years ago under the impulse of the three spiritual Festivals (falling on March 28th, April 27th and May 26th)…

It was on April 25, 1945 two days previous to the full moon of Taurus and the Festival of Wesak [note: the best time to recite the Great Invocation, according to Lucis Trust, as the energies of the Hierarchy are in alignment with the Earth] that delegates from 50 nations, met in San Francisco for a conference known officially as the United Nations Conference on International Organization… On this period the Tibetan Master tells us: ‘Not for nothing is this conference being held during the five days of the Wesak Full Moon. It will be a time of supreme difficulty, in which the Forces of Light will face… the forces of selfishness and separativeness.’”

I’m sure most people did not know this about the United Nations. A current motif is the emphasis of love, tolerance and compassion and goodness, yet this is not the impression I get from the United Nations.

claireevans.hubpages.com/hub/...n-Organization

hmmmm... the United Nations.. The One World Religion is being set into place on a mass scale and has been for some time now.

The True Christ truly is a Healer..... of that I have no doubt. :)
Last Edit: 16 May 2015 02:19 by annabelle.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 16 May 2015 02:43 #16

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Yup. We have known for a long time that the One World religion has been pushed by the UN and is heavily grounded in New Ageism.

Jews have been corrupting and subverting Christianity in the West for centuries now and B'nai B'rith openly boasts about how they are destroying it. It's involved Sabbatean Frankist infiltration of the Catholic Church through to widespread corruption of the evangelical faith movement in the US by aligning Christianity with Zionism.

The Rabbi's character on this site is straight out of the Jewish manipulation handbook. Act like a moronic belligerent evangelical Protestant and attack the Catholic Church to not only attack the historic arch nemesis of Jewry but also make Protestants look like total meatheads so both arms of Christianity suffer.

Muy obvious Rabbi.

International Jewry is now attacking Islam to denigrate it in the eyes of the world. The next cog in the Jewish desire to destroy religion and usher in Jewish "humanism" and New Ageism.
Last Edit: 16 May 2015 03:26 by Orangeaid.

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 16 May 2015 04:20 #17

• wiikkidd
  • Gold Member
Filthy! Alter boy, your pagan faith shall be the World's 'church' as foretold of the End Times. Harlot. Purple & Scarlet adorns this most vile false faith of God's. Do tell what your Father McVatican will be speaking of in his disinformation/sermon. Is Jesus Chrisat your savior or are you locked w/that deer in the high lights look of bewilderment.

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 16 May 2015 04:27 #18

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
That's 1 hour 43 there Rabbi. You've slipped. I feel the AIPAC / ADL award for employee of the month in your workstation pod is slipping. :)

You threw your entire word salad of JIDF sanctioned smears against me in that post. Thanks for confirming every word I wrote. Hasbara are so incredibly stupid. :)

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 16 May 2015 07:41 #19

• wiikkidd
  • Gold Member
That last word of your post. Yes, you are indeed. Still you do not admit Jesus Christ as savior of your soul. Must be the peer pressure from the esoteric gang that you cling to. You do know the catholic church is the NWO's choice long ago. :wissl:

CHRIST - the healer - charlatan, occultist, avatar ? 16 May 2015 10:44 #20

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
The Character of Jesus Christ

The surpassing eminence of the character of Jesushas been acknowledged by men of the most variedtype:

Kant testifies to His ideal perfection;Hegel sees in Him the union of the human and the Divine;the most advanced sceptics do Him homage;Spinoza speaks of Him as the truest symbol ofheavenly wisdom;the beauty and grandeur of His life overawe Voltaire;Napoleon I, at St. Helena, felt convinced that "Between him [Jesus] and whoever else in the world there is no possible term of comparison" (Montholon, "Récit de la Captivité de l'Empereur Napoléon").Rousseau testifies: "If the life and death ofSocrates are those of a sage, the life and death ofJesus are those of a god."Strauss acknowledges: "He is the highest object we can possibly imagine with respect to religion, the being without whose presence in the mindperfect piety is impossible".To Renan "The Christ of the Gospels is the most beautiful incarnation of God in the most beautiful of forms. His beauty is eternal; his reign will never end."John Stuart Mill spoke of Jesus as "a mancharged with a special, express, and unique commission from God to lead mankind to truthand virtue".Not that the views of the foregoing witnesses are of any great importance for the theological student of the life of Jesus; but they show at least the impression made on the most different classes ofmen by the history of Christ. In the following paragraphs we shall consider the character of Jesusas manifested first in His relation to men, then in His relation to God.Jesus in his relation to men

In His relation to men Jesus manifested certainqualities which were perceived by all, being subject to the light of reason; but other qualities were reserved for those who viewed Him in the light offaith. Both deserve a brief study.

In the light of reason

There is no trustworthy tradition concerning the bodily appearance of Jesus, but this is not needed in order to obtain a picture of His character. It is truethat at first sight the conduct of Jesus is so many-sided that His character seems to elude all description. Command and sympathy, power and charm, authority and affection, cheerfulness and gravity, are the some of the qualities that make theanalysis impossible. The make-up of the Gospelsdoes not facilitate the work. At first they appear to us a bewildering forest of dogmatic statements andmoral principles; there is no system, no method, everything is occasional, everything fragmentary. The Gospels are neither a manual of dogma nor a treatise on casuistry, though they are the fountain of both. No wonder then the various investigators have arrived at entirely different conclusion at the study ofJesus. Some call Him a fanatic, others make Him asocialist, others again an anarchist, while many call Him a dreamer, a mystic, an Essene. But in this variety of views there are two main concepts under which the others may be summarized: Some consider Jesus an ascetic, others an aesthete; some emphasize His suffering, others His joyfulness; some identify Him with ecclesiasticism, others withhumanism; some recognize in Him the propheticpicture of the Old Testament and the monastic of the New, others see in Him only gladness and poetry. There may be solid ground for both views; but they do not exhaust the character of Jesus. Both are only by-products which really existed in Jesus, but were not primarily intended; they are only enjoyed and suffered in passing, while Jesus strove to attain an end wholly different from either joy or sorrow.

(a) Strength

Considering the life of Jesus in the light of reason, His strength, His poise, and His grace are His most characteristic qualities. His strength shows itself in His manner of life, His decision, His authority. In His rugged, nomadic, homeless life there is no room for weakness or sentimentality. Indecision is rejected byJesus on several occasions: "No man can serve two masters"; "He that is not with me, is against me"; "Seek first the kingdom of God", these are some of the statements expressing Christ's attitude to indecision of will. Of Himself He said: "My meat is to do the will of him that sent me"; "I seek not my ownwill, but the will of him that sent me." The authority of the Master does not allow its power to be questioned; He calls to men in their boats, in their tax-booths, on their homes, "Follow me", and they look up into His face and obey. St. Mathew testifies, "The multitude...glorified God that gave such power to men"; St. Mark adds, "the kingdom of God comes to power"; St. Luke says, "Thou hast given him power over all flesh"; the Book of the Acts reads, "Godanointed him...with power"; St. Paul too is impressed with "the power of our Lord Jesus". In His teachingJesus does not argue, or prove, or threaten, like thePharisees, but He speaks like one having authority. Nowhere is Jesus merely a long-faced ascetic or ajoyous comrade, we find Him everywhere to be leader of men, whose principles are built on a rock.

(b) Poise

It may be said that the strength of Christ's charactergives rise to another quality which we may call poise.Reason is like the sails of the boat, the will is its rudder, and the feelings are the waves thrown upon either side of the ship as it passes through the waters. The will-power of Jesus is strong enough to keep a perfect equilibrium between His feelings and His reason; His body is the perfect instrument in the performance of His duty; His emotions are wholly subservient to the Will of His Father; it is the call of complying with His higher duties that prevents His austerity from becoming excessive. There is therefore a perfect balance or equilibrium in Jesusbetween the life of His body, of His mind, and of His emotions. His character is so rounded off that, at first sight, there remains nothing which could make it characteristic. This poise in the character of Jesusproduces a simplicity which pervades every one of His actions. As the old Roman roads led straight ahead in spite of mountains and valleys, ascents and declivities, so does the life of Jesus flow quietly onward in accordance with the call of duty, in spite of pleasure or pain, honour or ignominy. Another trait inJesus which may be considered as flowing from the poise of His character is His unalterable peace, a peace which may be ruffled but cannot be destroyed either by His inward feelings or outward encounters. And these personal qualities in Jesus are reflected in his teaching. He establishes an equilibrium between the rightousness of the Old Testament and thejustice of the New, between the love and life of the former and those of the latter. He lops off indeed thePharisaic conventionalism and externalism, but they were merely degenerated outgrowths; He urges thelaw of love, but shows that it embraces the wholeLaw and the Prophets; He promises life, but it consists not so much in our possession as in our capacity to use our possession. Nor can it be urged that the poise of Christ's teaching is destroyed by His three paradoxes of self-reliance, of service, and ofidealism. The law of self-sacrifice inculcates that we shall find life by losing it; but the law of biologicalorganisms, of physiological tissues, of intellectualachivements, and of economic processes shows that self-sacrifice is self-realization in the end. The second paradox is that of service: "Whosoever will be the greater among you, let him be your minister: and he that will be first among you, shall be your servant." But in the industrial and artistic world, too, the greatest men are those who have done most service. Thirdly, the idealism of Jesus is expressed in such words as "The life is more than the meat", and "Not in bread alone doth man live, but in every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God." But even our realistic age must grant that the reality of the lawis its ideals, and again, that the world of the idealistis impossible only for the weak, while the strongcharacter creates the world after which he strives. The character of Jesus therefore is the embodiment of both strength and poise. It thus verifies thedefinition given by such an involved writer as Emerson: "Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset...The natural measure of this power is the resistance of circumstances."

(c) Grace

But if there were not a third essential element entering into the character of Jesus, it might not be attractive after all. Even saints are at times bad neighbours; we may like them, but sometimes we like them only at a distance. The character of Christcarries with it the trait of grace, doing away with all harshness and want of amiability. Grace is the unconstrained expression of the self-forgetting and kindly mind. It is a beautiful way of doing the rightthing, in the right way, at the right time, therefore opens all hearts to its possessor. Sympathy is the widest channel through which grace flows, and the abundance of the stream testifies to the reserve ofgrace. Now Jesus sympathizes with all classes, with the rich and the poor, the learned and the ignorant, the happy and the sad; He moves with the same sense of familiarity among all classes of society. For the self-righteous Pharisees He has only the words, "Woe to you, hypocrites"; he disciples, "Unless you become as little children, you shall not enter into thekingdom of heaven." Plato and Aristotle are utterly unlike Jesus; they may speak of natural virtue, but we never find children in their arms. Jesus treats thepublicans as His friends; He encourages the most tentative beginnings of moral growth. He chooses common fishermen for the cornerstones of Hiskingdom, and by His kindliness trains them to become the light of the world and the salt of the earth; He bends down to St. Peter whose characterwas a heap of sand rather than a solid "foundation, but He graciously forms Peter into the rock upon which to build his Church. After two of the Apostleshad fallen, Jesus was gracious to both, though Hesaved only one, while the other destroyed himself.Women in need are not excluded from the generalgraciousness of Jesus; He receives the homage of the sinful woman, He consoles the sorrowing sistersMartha and Mary, He cures the mother-in-law of St. Peter and restores the health of numerous otherwomen of Galilee, He has words of sympathy for thewomen of Jerusalem who bewailed His sufferings, He was subject to His mother till He reached man'sestate, and when dying on the Cross commanded her to the care of His beloved disciple. The grace of theMaster is also evident in the form of His teaching: He lays under contribution the simple phases of nature, the hen with her chickens, the gnat in the cup, the camel in the narrow street, the fig tree and its fruit, the fishermen sorting the catch. He meets with the lightest touch, approaching sometimes the play of humour and sometimes the thrust of irony, the simple doubts of His disciples, the selfish questions of His hearers, and the subtlest snares of his enemies. He feels no need of thrift in His benefits on the few as abundantly as the vastest multitudes. He flings out His parables into the world that those who have ears may hear. There is a prodigality in this manifestation of Christ's grace that can only besymbolized, but not equalled, by the waste of seed in the realm of nature.

In the light of faith

In the light of faith the life of Jesus is an uninterrupted series of acts of love for man. It waslove that impelled the Son of God to take on humannature, though He did so with the full consent of His Father: "For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son" (John 3:16). For thirty yearsJesus shows His love by a life of poverty, labour, and hardship in the fulfillment of the duties of a common trademan. When His public ministry began, He simply spent Himself for the good of His neighbour, "doing good, and healing all that were oppressed by the devil" (Acts 10:38). He shows a boundless compassion for all the infirmities of the body; He uses His miraculous power to heal the sick, to free the possessed, to resuscitate the dead. The moralweaknesses of man move His heart still more effectively; the woman at Jacob's well, Mathew thepublican, Mary Magdalen the public sinner, Zacheus the unjust administrator, are only a few instances of sinners who received encouragement from the lips of Jesus. He is ready with forgiveness for all; theparable of the Prodigal Son illustrates His love for the sinner. In His work of teaching He is at the service of the poorest outcast of Galilee as well as of the theological celebrities of Jerusalem. His bitterest enemies are not excluded from the manifestations of His love; even while He is being crucified He praysfor their pardon. The Scribes and Pharisees are treated severely, only because they stand in the way of His love. "Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you" (Matthew 11:28) is the message of His heart to poor suffering humanity. After laying down the rule, "Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13), He surpasses as it were His own standard by dying for His enemies. Fulfilling the unconscious prophecy of the godless high-priest, "It is expedient for you that one man should die for thepeople" (John 11:50), He freely meets His sufferings which He could have easily avoided (Matthew 26:53), undergoes the greatest insults and ignominies, passes through the most severe bodily pains, and sheds His blood for men "unto remission of sins" (Matthew 26:28). But the love of Jesus embraced not only the spiritual welfare of men, it extended also to their temporal happiness: "Seek ye therefore first thekingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

Jesus in his relation to God

Prescinding from the theological discussions which are usually treated in the theses "De Verbo Incarnato", we may consider the relations of Jesus toGod under the headings of His sanctity and HisDivinity.

Sanctity of Jesus

From a negative point of view, the sanctity of Jesusconsists in His unspotted sinlessness. He can defy His enemies by asking, "Which of you shall convince me of sin?" (John 8:46). Even the evil spirits are forced to acknowledge Him as the Holy One of God(Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34). His enemies charge Him with being a Samaritan, and having a devil (John 8:48), with being a sinner (John 9:24), a blasphemer(Matthew 26:65), a violator of the Sabbath (John 9:16), a malefactor (John 18:30), a disturber of the peace (Luke 23:5), a seducer (Matthew 27:63). ButPilate finds and declares Jesus innocent, and, when pressed by the enemies of Jesus to condemn Him, he washes his hands and exclaims before the assembled people, "I am innocent of the blood of thisjust man" (Matthew 27:24). The Jewish authoritiespractically admit that they cannot prove any wrong against Jesus; they only insist, "We have a law; and according to the law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God" (John 19:7). The final charge urged against Christ by His bitterest enemies was His claim to be the Son of God.

The positive side of the sanctity of Jesus is well attested by His constant zeal in the service of God. At the age of twelve He asks His mother, "Did you notknow, that I must be about my father's business?". He urges on His hearers the true adoration in spiritand in truth (John 4:23) required by His Father. Repeatedly He declares His entire dependence on His Father (John 5:20, 30; etc.); He is faithful to theWill of His Father (John 8:29); He tells His disciples, "My meat is to do the will of him that sent me" (John 4:34). Even the hardest sacrifices do not preventJesus from complying with His Father's Will: "My Father, if this chalice may not pass away, but I must drink it, thy will be done" (Matthew 26:42). Jesushonours His Father (John 2:17), and proclaims at the end of His life, "I have glorified thee on the earth" (John 17:4). He prays almost incessantly to His Father (Mark 1:35; 6:46; etc.), and teaches HisApostles the Our Father (Matthew 6:9). He always thanks His Father for His bounties (Matthew 11:25; etc.), and in brief behaves throughout as only a mostloving son can behave towards his beloved father. During His Passion one of His most intense sorrows is His feeling of abandonment by His Father (Mark 15:34), and at the point of death He joyfullysurrenders His Soul into the hands of His Father (Luke 23:46).

Divinity of Jesus

The Divinity of Jesus is proved by some writers by anappeal to prophecy and miracle. But, though Jesusfulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament to the letter, He Himself appears to appeal to them mainly in proof of His Divine mission; He shows the Jewsthat He fulfills in His Person and His work all that had been foretold of the Messias. The propheciesuttered by Jesus Himself differ from the predictions of the Old Testament in that Jesus does not speak in the name of the Lord, like the seers of old, but in His own name. If it could be strictly proved that they were made in virtue of His own knowledge of the future, and of His own power to dispose of the current of events, the prophecies would prove HisDivinity; as it is they prove at least that Jesus is a messenger of God, a friend of God, inspired by God. This is not the place to discuss the historical andphilosophical truth of the miracles of Jesus, but weknow that Jesus appeals to His works as bearingwitness to the general truth of His mission (John 10:25, 33, 38), and also for the verity of some particular claims (Matthew 9:6; Mark 2:10-11; etc.) They show, therefore, at least that Jesus is a Divinelegate and that His teaching is infallibly true.

Did Jesus teach that He is God? He certainly claimed to be the Messias (John 4:26), to fulfill the Messianicdescriptions of the Old Testament (Matthew 11:3-5;Luke 7:22-23; 4:18-21), to be denoted by the currentMessianic names, "king of Israel" (Luke 19:38; etc), "Son of David" (Matthew 9:27passim), "he that cometh in the name of the Lord" (Matthew 21:9, etc.). Moreover, Jesus claims to be greater than Abraham (John 8:53, 56), than Moses(Matthew 19:8-9), than Solomon and Jonas (Matthew 12:41-42); He habitually claims to be sent by God(John 5:36, 37, 43; etc.), calls God His Father (Luke 2:49; etc), and He willingly accepts the titles "Master" and "Lord" (John 13:13-14). He forgives sin in answer to the observation that God alone can forgive sin(Mark 2:7, 10; Luke 5:21, 24; etc). He acts as the Lordof the Sabbath (Matthew 12:8; etc), and tells St. Peterthat as "Son" He is free from the duty of paying temple-tribute (Matthew 17:24, 25). From the beginning of His ministry he allows Nathanael to call Him "Son of God" (John 1:49); the Apostles (Matthew 14:33) and Martha (John 11:27) give Him the same title. Twice He approves of Peter who calls Him "theChrist, the Son of God" (John 6:70), "Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). Four distinct times does He proclaim Himself the Son of God; to the man born blind (John 10:30, 36); before the two assemblies of the Jewish Sanhedrin on the night before His death (Matthew 26:63-64; Mark 14:61-62;Luke 22:70). He does not manifest His DivineSonship before Satan (Matthew 4:3, 6) or before theJews who are deriding Him (Matthew 27:40). Jesusdoes not wish to teach the evil spirit the mystery of His Divinity; to the Jews He gives a greater sign than they are asking for. Jesus, therefore, applies to Himself, and allows others to apply to Him, the title"Son of God" in its full meaning. If there had been a misunderstanding He would have corrected it, even as Paul and Barnabas corrected those who took them for gods (Acts 14:12-14).

Nor can it be said that the title "Son of God" denotes a merely adoptive sonship. The foregoing texts do not admit of such an interpretation. St. Peter, for instance, places his master above John the Baptist,Elias, and the Prophets (Matthew 16:13-17). Again, the Angel Gabriel declares that the Child to be born will be "the Son of the most High" and "Son of God"(Luke 1:32, 35), in such a way that He will be without an earthly father. Mere adoption presupposes theexistence of the child to be adopted; but St. Josephis warned that "That which is conceived in her [Mary], is of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 1:20); now one's being conceived by the operation of another implies one's natural relation of sonship to him. Moreover, the Divine Sonship claimed by Jesus is such that he and the Father are one (John 10:30, 36); a merelyadopted sonship does not constitute a physical unitybetween the son and his adoptive father. Finally ifJesus had claimed only an adoptive sonship, He would have deceived His judges; they could not have condemned Him for claiming a prerogative common to all pious Israelites. Harnack (Wesen des Christentums, 81) contends that the Divine Sonshipclaimed by Jesus is an intellectual relation to the Father, springing from special knowledge of God. This knowledge constitutes "the sphere of the DivineSonship", and is implied in the words of Matthew 11:27: "No one knoweth the Son, but the Father: neither doth any one know the Father, but the Son, and he to whom it shall please the Son to revealhim". But if the Divine Sonship of Christ is a mereintellectual relation, and if Christ is God in a most figurative sense, the Paternity of the Father and the Divinity of the Son will be reduced to a figure of speech. (See CHRISTOLOGY.)

APA citation. Maas, A. (1910). The Character of Jesus Christ. InThe Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. Retrieved May 16, 2015 from New Advent:http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08382a.htm

MLA citation. Maas, Anthony. "The Character of Jesus Christ."The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 8. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1910. 16 May 2015<www.newadvent.org/cathen/08382a.htm>.

Transcription. This article was transcribed for New Advent by Joseph P. Thomas. 
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare