Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal

TOPIC: Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 01 May 2016 00:00 #1

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Have any of you ever experienced a psychic event? Have you ever communicated with a dead person? Ever seen into the future, ever experienced anything outside of the five senses?

If you have, I have a question for you, Can you locate the exact time and location the event happened? Think about this carefully before answering. I am asking for the exact time and location of your psychic experience

The reason I ask is, I've experienced numerous psychic events in my life, every one of these experiences, I cannot pin point the exact time and location it happened. Neither was I aware that I was experiencing a psychic event as it was happening. Only after the event, looking in retrospect, I realize, what had taken place.

Example: several times at a funeral I have communicated with the dead person. I cannot pin point the exact time and where I was at during the funeral services, when I communicated with this person. It was only after the funeral, I realized what had happened.

Example: I sense a presence when entering a house or hospital. I cannot pin point the exact time and location, I felt this presence? It's only after the fact, I realize what had happened.

Is this the way it happens with you to? I really would like to know.

I HAVE A THEORY......

...The reason why one cannot pin point the exact time and location is, only things in the physical universe have a specific time and location. Consciousness doesn't necessarily exist inside the physical universe. The five sense are the senses of the body, which are physical universe perceptions. Consciousness is not limited by physical universe perception.

What do you think?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 01 May 2016 01:06 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frothy, Flare, GMP

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 01 May 2016 09:03 #2

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Perhaps it's because the psychic event has occurred at a subconscious level, and that occurs in a different part of the brain where logic and time are not required.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 01 May 2016 09:04 by Frothy.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 01 May 2016 09:12 #3

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
Peacenik ; As you were unaware of the events at the time of happening, maybe they never happened but are false memories?
To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 01 May 2016 13:14 #4

• GMP
  • Silver Member
We are consciously in time and space so if we experience a psychic event we are experiencing it in the here and now even though the person trying to communicate with us is NOT constrained by time and space as we 'know' those.
For example 'at a funeral'.
The communicator 'in spirit' is outside of time and space as we experience those.
For communication to be successful our spirit friends must be able to re-enter our time and space because that is where we exist.
Psychic events and communications are not usually as crystal clear as physical 'time and space' communications.
Not everyone sees 'dead' Uncle Bill at the same time in the same room.
Very few can hear Uncle Bill or conduct a normal conversation with him.
Some might 'sense' Uncle Bill's presence, no more than that though just 'a feeling that he's around'.
Only the person who is psychically sensitive will be able to hear, see or sense Uncle Bill with enough clarity for Uncle Bill to get an understandable message across.
A medium working on a platform at a meeting held between 6-30pm and 8 pm in the evening is 'there' on the platform.
However a part of that medium's psyche is attuned beyond time and space 'in touch with the etheric'.
If she's a trance medium then all her psyche is outside time and space whilst she's entranced.
Psyche isn't 'consciousness' in the psychological or physiological senses of that term though.
If we take the metaphors of body, mind and spirit.. 'Consciousness' is body + mind whereas 'psyche' abides in the 'spirit'.
" We are eternal spirits temporarily enmeshed in bodies-with-minds."
Quality of communication depends on the extent to which the 'medium's' psyche is attuned to the etheric.
Evidence of quality communication comes from recipients of messages 'from spirit' who are able to confirm the accuracy of the messages that the medium communicates.
'The proof of the pudding is in the eating.'
If a platform medium does well and builds a good rep she will be booked again. If a medium doesn't succeed then she tends not to be asked back.
Last Edit: 01 May 2016 13:32 by GMP.

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 02 May 2016 20:34 #5

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Cousin_Frothy wrote:
Perhaps it's because the psychic event has occurred at a subconscious level, and that occurs in a different part of the brain where logic and time are not required.

That's possible? However, I think it's purely spiritual, and the event would happen regardless of if I was located in a human body using the body organ we call a brain?

Have you ever experienced a psychic event, Cousin_Frothy? If so, is this the way it happens for you to, can you also not pin point the exact time and location it happens, and can you realize the event only after the fact of it happening? I know there are other people out there who are psychic and I wonder if this is the way it happens for others?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 02 May 2016 20:55 #6

• peacenik
  • Immortal
rodin wrote:
Peacenik ; As you were unaware of the events at the time of happening, maybe they never happened but are false memories?

No, it's very much real, although it's something which cannot be proven, When I call the event "psychic", I am talking about anything that happens outside the five senses of the body. Kinda like when you "feel" someone is watching you. This "feeling" cannot be explained by the five senses, but you know it;s real.

The experiences are very subtle but real. We live in a materialistic world. We've been conditioned since birth to believe everything has a material answer, If no material answer can be found, we tend to discard it as not happening..
Last Edit: 02 May 2016 21:52 by peacenik.

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 02 May 2016 21:33 #7

• peacenik
  • Immortal
GMP wrote:
We are consciously in time and space so if we experience a psychic event we are experiencing it in the here and now even though the person trying to communicate with us is NOT constrained by time and space as we 'know' those.
For example 'at a funeral'.
The communicator 'in spirit' is outside of time and space as we experience those.
For communication to be successful our spirit friends must be able to re-enter our time and space because that is where we exist.
Psychic events and communications are not usually as crystal clear as physical 'time and space' communications.
Not everyone sees 'dead' Uncle Bill at the same time in the same room.
Very few can hear Uncle Bill or conduct a normal conversation with him.
Some might 'sense' Uncle Bill's presence, no more than that though just 'a feeling that he's around'.
Only the person who is psychically sensitive will be able to hear, see or sense Uncle Bill with enough clarity for Uncle Bill to get an understandable message across.
A medium working on a platform at a meeting held between 6-30pm and 8 pm in the evening is 'there' on the platform.
However a part of that medium's psyche is attuned beyond time and space 'in touch with the etheric'.
If she's a trance medium then all her psyche is outside time and space whilst she's entranced.
Psyche isn't 'consciousness' in the psychological or physiological senses of that term though.
If we take the metaphors of body, mind and spirit.. 'Consciousness' is body + mind whereas 'psyche' abides in the 'spirit'.
" We are eternal spirits temporarily enmeshed in bodies-with-minds."
Quality of communication depends on the extent to which the 'medium's' psyche is attuned to the etheric.
Evidence of quality communication comes from recipients of messages 'from spirit' who are able to confirm the accuracy of the messages that the medium communicates.
'The proof of the pudding is in the eating.'
If a platform medium does well and builds a good rep she will be booked again. If a medium doesn't succeed then she tends not to be asked back.

That's a good explanation of what of what goes on, GMP, and well articulated, I might add.

Couple of points, ......I didn't go to these funerals with the intent of, "talking to the dead" and I am really not sure the dead person specifically intends to "talk" to me. It's just something that happens.

One of these funerals I am talking about, involved my mother who had died. She was happy with the furneral arrangements and didn't know she had so many warm hearted friends? This is what I got from her, then I no longer felt her presence. Again, as in all my psychic experiences, I realize this at some point after the fact of it happening.
User(s) who Liked this post: GMP

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 03 May 2016 03:20 #8

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
peacenik wrote:
Cousin_Frothy wrote:

That's possible? However, I think it's purely spiritual, and the event would happen regardless of if I was located in a human body using the body organ we call a brain?

Have you ever experienced a psychic event, Cousin_Frothy? If so, is this the way it happens for you to, can you also not pin point the exact time and location it happens, and can you realize the event only after the fact of it happening? I know there are other people out there who are psychic and I wonder if this is the way it happens for others?

On reading your response I don't think that I gave my statement as I meant it to be, what I meant was - perhaps the spiritual event is received at the subconscious level, a part of the brain that can be illogical regarding time, and later the event appears in the conscious part of the brain so that one is aware of it's existence.

Sometimes I get the feeling that something has helped me to sort out problems, a solution always seems to present itself, I get the feeling that an eternal force is assisting me, ie I apply for jobs, I always seem to get a job even though I apply for many doing more or less the same role but with different organisations, where it suits me best, sometimes I get a sort of different and subtle communication with the interviewers, I don't really understand what it is, when it started, or what I'm meant to do to maintain it, or even how I'm doing it, it's almost like they're doing it and making me do it, I have no control over it, if that makes any sense at all. It's either that or something spiritual is making me do it. I think sometimes when people stop being anxious there is a void, and sometimes something unexpected fills that void, it happens gradually so has no specific time.
Last Edit: 03 May 2016 03:32 by Frothy.

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 03 May 2016 03:56 #9

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
That's possible?

Yes.
The reptilian brain, the oldest of the three, controls the body's vital functions such as heart rate, breathing, body temperature and balance. Our reptilian brain includes the main structures found in a reptile's brain: the brainstem and the cerebellum. The reptilian brain is reliable but tends to be somewhat rigid and compulsive.

The limbic brain emerged in the first mammals. It can record memories of behaviours that produced agreeable and disagreeable experiences, so it is responsible for what are called emotions in human beings. The main structures of the limbic brain are the hippocampus, the amygdala, and the hypothalamus. The limbic brain is the seat of the value judgments that we make, often unconsciously, that exert such a strong influence on our behaviour.

The neocortex first assumed importance in primates and culminated in the human brain with its two large cerebral hemispheres that play such a dominant role. These hemispheres have been responsible for the development of human language, abstract thought, imagination, and consciousness. The neocortex is flexible and has almost infinite learning abilities. The neocortex is also what has enabled human cultures to develop.

These three parts of the brain do not operate independently of one another. They have established numerous interconnections through which they influence one another. The neural pathways from the limbic system to the cortex, for example, are especially well developed.
thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/d/d_05/d_05_cr/d_05_cr_her/d_05_cr_her.html

So what is collected by these other brain parts can influence the neocortex which is where conscious logical thought is used in daily life, when information is fed or filtered up from other parts of the brain it may feel like an external occurrence. It is known by psychology as suppression when we deny feelings on purpose because we don't want to think about them, and repression when awful events or other feelings are locked away down there that we are consciously unaware of. We know there is a path between the different levels of brain and consciousness, otherwise treatments would be impossible.

Let's say for example in your lower consciousness you know what your mother would have thought to see so many people at her funeral, because of the event that you are at, a funeral, it can often be an emotional event, as is visiting people in hospital, by engaging in these behaviours you may be triggering a ''capsule'' (sorry could not think of a better term) of information to be released from the lower consciousness to the higher, would this not feel like an external occurrence?
Last Edit: 03 May 2016 07:49 by Frothy.

Consciousness not Necessarly located in Time and Space 03 May 2016 21:33 #10

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Cousin_Frothy wrote:
That's possible?

Yes.
The reptilian brain, the oldest of the three, controls the body's vital functions such as heart rate, breathing, body temperature and balance. Our reptilian brain includes the main structures found in a reptile's brain: the brainstem and the cerebellum. The reptilian brain is reliable but tends to be somewhat rigid and compulsive.

The limbic brain emerged in the first mammals. It can record memories of behaviours that produced agreeable and disagreeable experiences, so it is responsible for what are called emotions in human beings. The main structures of the limbic brain are the hippocampus, the amygdala, and the hypothalamus. The limbic brain is the seat of the value judgments that we make, often unconsciously, that exert such a strong influence on our behaviour.

The neocortex first assumed importance in primates and culminated in the human brain with its two large cerebral hemispheres that play such a dominant role. These hemispheres have been responsible for the development of human language, abstract thought, imagination, and consciousness. The neocortex is flexible and has almost infinite learning abilities. The neocortex is also what has enabled human cultures to develop.

These three parts of the brain do not operate independently of one another. They have established numerous interconnections through which they influence one another. The neural pathways from the limbic system to the cortex, for example, are especially well developed.
thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/d/d_05/d_05_cr/d_05_cr_her/d_05_cr_her.html

So what is collected by these other brain parts can influence the neocortex which is where conscious logical thought is used in daily life, when information is fed or filtered up from other parts of the brain it may feel like an external occurrence. It is known by psychology as suppression when we deny feelings on purpose because we don't want to think about them, and repression when awful events or other feelings are locked away down there that we are consciously unaware of. We know there is a path between the different levels of brain and consciousness, otherwise treatments would be impossible.

Let's say for example in your lower consciousness you know what your mother would have thought to see so many people at her funeral, because of the event that you are at, a funeral, it can often be an emotional event, as is visiting people in hospital, by engaging in these behaviours you may be triggering a ''capsule'' (sorry could not think of a better term) of information to be released from the lower consciousness to the higher, would this not feel like an external occurrence?

Thanks for your well thought out response, Frothy
Last Edit: 03 May 2016 21:35 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frothy
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare