Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal

TOPIC: I won a Bike Race

I won a Bike Race 29 Aug 2016 15:12 #1

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Yesterday I took the green jersey for winning a (electric) bike race.
:)
This posted in 'Paranormal' because me winning it was a fecking miracle.
Three dudes well in front crashed off on the final downhill bend.
Victory is sweet.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

I won a Bike Race 29 Aug 2016 15:19 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Sounds like a touch of the Steve Bradburys there GMP

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
User(s) who Liked this post: GMP

I won a Bike Race 29 Aug 2016 15:35 #3

• GMP
  • Silver Member
novum wrote:
Sounds like a touch of the Steve Bradburys there GMP

I am wearing the Green Jersey as I type mate.
Sand blown off the beach onto the road made that final downhill-right bend like riding over ice.
The three lads in front of me that came off had ploughed a clear strip through the sand. I hit that doing about 40 clicks and sailed through to win.
Feckin glowing with pride so I am.
Done loads of leccy-bike enduro trials and races but never won one up to yesterday.

I won a Bike Race 30 Aug 2016 22:57 #4

Those electric bikes are for old fogies and light weights. :chuckle: I used to race in the masters mountain bike series in the late 90's (that's one league below the elite). I did two seasons and packed it in, I got fed up with the long hours on the bike training, and the whole MTB scene in general really, some real dick heads in that sport. Throwing money away trashing bikes, and buying new bike components several times a year wasn't my idea of fun either. Which wasn't cheap when you're buying the top extra light weight stuff, which was Shimano deore XT and XTR at the time.

Owned some top bikes in my time with full XTR group sets. My favourite all time bike was the Kona Exsposif with the Reynolds 853 tubing. I also had a team Marin titanium. Both ultra light strong frames. I wish I would have kept those two bikes. They're almost impossible to find for sale in good nick as they're regarded as highly collectible classics now.

I just own a lower end Cannondale now, Aluminium frame. Which doesn't ride anywhere near as nice as a high end steel or titanium frame.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 30 Aug 2016 22:59 by Return of Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, GMP

I won a Bike Race 31 Aug 2016 14:24 #5

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Spot on Zorro.
I switched from road bikes to leccy bikes age 60 cos, for some reason; the hills seemed to have got a lot steeper and I couldn't hack em anymore.
Leccy bike enduro and road racing is an old man's sport for sure.
Great fun though and it gets us out in the fresh air.
You do quite a lot of pedalling but the leccy motor helps with the heavy work.
I do have mates my age that still punt about on road bikes but, to a man; they are all built like racing whippets whereas - I've always been a fat bastard.
One lad near us has a carbon Canondale road bike and you can pick it up using one finger.
To lift my leccy bike off the ground and not rupture yourself you'd need two men.
It's a 'Sports Electric' Chinese job so needed rewiring from new cos Chinese wiring is always shit.
Traded in my first leccy 'Ezee Sprint' bike to buy this one and it pulls like a train.
I unregulated it so it can zip along at a fair whack.
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2016 14:32 by GMP.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare