Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal

TOPIC: Are Dinosaurs A Hoax?

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 19:10 #61

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
I came across Barnum Brown "Mr Bones" and Charles H. Sternberg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_Brown
oceansofkansas.com/CHStrnbrg.html The Sternberg Family Tree

because of the

Gorgosaurus

Does this picture look authentic to you? See more: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgosaurus

:)

And what about this?

Charles H. Sternberg collecting a fossil horse skull at the McKittrick oil field, California

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Sternberg Charles Hazelius Sternberg
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_M._Sternberg Charles Mortram Sternberg
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2017 20:30 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, Norse Bear

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 20:03 #62

• Norse Bear
  • Fresh Member
Flare wrote:
LOL! :arowdn:

Dinosaur Hoax - Scientists caught faking fossil Archeopteryx

FE / Dinosaurs are fabbed, buried, "discovered", then replicated.

Bingo! How the trade in fake fossils continues to pervert Paleontology. Have we any good reason why we shouldn't suspect it hasn't always been this way?
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, Flare

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 20:23 #63

• Flare
^ Thanks for starting this topic NB!

Didn't look at those creatures like that before! Heck, in school I even held a speech about Dinosaurs at school... :larf: :facepalm:

Wtf man... these massive digging machines which move billions of tons of earth never stumbled upon a dinosaur....

That just means foul-play.
User(s) who Liked this post: Norse Bear

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 20:25 #64

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Gaia wrote:
What if a future paleontologist, who lives a couple of million years from now would discover fossils of these "awkwardly built" animals, would the hoax claimers say "it didn't exist, because it's impossible/impractible"?

(...)

Giraffatitan (artistic reconstruction)

More pictures: commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Giraffatitan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giraffatitan

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2017 20:27 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Gaia, Norse Bear

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 20:28 #65

• Norse Bear
  • Fresh Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
I came across Barnum Brown "Mr Bones" and Charles H. Sternberg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_Brown

because of the

Gorgosaurus

Does this picture look authentic to you? See more: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgosaurus

And what about this?

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Sternberg Charles Hazelius Sternberg
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_M._Sternberg Charles Mortram Sternberg

The skull in the bottom picture supposedly showing the skull of a juvenile Tyrannosaurus Rex is more than likely fake. The top picture is probably just a reconstruction, and not the final result based on any real and complete fossil discovery.
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2017 20:55 by Norse Bear.
User(s) who Liked this post: rodin, Flare

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 20:34 #66

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Norse Bear wrote:
The skull in the bottom picture supposedly showing the skull of a Tyrannosaurus Rex is more than likely fake. The top picture is probably just a reconstruction, and not the final result based on any real and complete fossil discovery.

Sorry, I just edited my post and added the caption:

Charles H. Sternberg collecting a fossil horse skull at the McKittrick oil field, California

I only had noticed it when I was searching for "buffalo skull" and "cow skull" images on the web for comparison
and neither on English nor on German wiki is this picture captioned, so that your first impression of course is
not that of a horse skull. I had to search for more information on the picture. See for yourself: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hazelius_Sternberg

Trachodon mummy

Discovery

The Trachodon mummy was discovered and excavated in 1908 by Charles Hazelius Sternberg and his three sons George, Charles Jr. and Levi. An independent fossil collector, Sternberg offered his finds various museums in North America and Europe for sale. The sons worked as assistants for their father, but later ascended to renowned paleontologists.[1] Early in 1908, Sternberg planned an expedition to the Lance Creek area in eastern Wyoming, where the family had not worked before. In search for acquirers of potential fossil finds, he wrote to the British Museum of Natural History that he would know where in Wyoming to find a skull of the horned dinosaur Triceratops, knowing that the museum was lacking a good specimen; the museum agreed to buy up any good fossil finds if such would be made.[2][3] Finally, the Sternberg expedition left its family residence in Kansas in early spring,[2] and arrived in the Lance Creek area in July.[4] Sternberg's plan foresaw the exploration of an uninhabited area of approximately 1000 square miles (2590 km²) north to the North Platte River and south to the Cheyenne River in Converse County (today Niobrara County).[2][4] The predominant badlands of this area expose sedimentary rocks of the Maastrichtian stage of the Upper Cretaceous, which today are known as the Lance Formation. The area had already been intensively explored by paleontological expeditions; before the start of his expedition, Sternberg learned that the American Museum of Natural History was unsuccessfully working in the area for years.[4]

The first weeks of search remained unsuccessful.[4] Sternberg wrote: "Day after day hoping against hope we struggled bravely on. Every night the boys gave answer to my anxious inquiry, What have you found? Nothing."[4] End of August, Sternberg finally discovered a fossil horn weathering out of the rock; subsequent excavation unearthed a 198 cm long Triceratops skull.[4][5] Soon after, George, the oldest son, found bones sticking out of the rock while prospecting new territory with Levi, the youngest son. Levi discovered additional bones nearby, apparently belonging to the same skeleton. At this point of time, the group has departed 65 miles (105 km) from its base camp, and food reserves became scarce. Sternberg instructed George and Levi to carefully remove the sandstone above the skeleton, and himself set of for Lusk together with Charles Jr., in order to purchase new supplies and to initiate the shipping of the Triceratops skull to the British Museum. At the third day after their father's departure, George and Levi already had found out their find was an apparently complete skeleton lying on its back. When removing a large piece of sandstone from the chest region of the specimen, George discovered, to his surprise, a perfectly preserved skin impression. In 1930, George remembered: "Imagine the feeling that crept over me when I realized that here for the first time a skeleton of a dinosaur had been discovered wrapped in its skin. That was a sleepless night for me."[1] When Sternberg finally returned at the fifth day, George and Levi had run out of food, and had to feed on unsalted potatoes for the last two days. Nevertheless, they had completely removed the overburden, exposing the skeleton; the dig measured 3.6 m in width, 4.5 m in length and 3 m in depth.[2][4]

When paleontologist Henry Fairfield Osborn, manager of the American Museum of Natural History, learned about the new find, he immediately sent staff member and paleontologist Albert Thomson, to possibly secure it for the museum. Osborn knew about the agreement between Sternberg and the British Museum, which gives the latter dibs to acquire any of the finds; he however appealed to Sternbergs patriotism and promised permanent exhibition of the fossil.[2] When Thomson arrived, the mummy had already been wrapped in burlap and shellac for transport. Despite the high ask price of $2,000, Thomson was therefore unable to evaluate the fossil. On the same day as Thomson, William Jacob Holland, director of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, arrived at Lusk; Osborn, now worried to lose his opportunity, quickly acquired the specimen for an unknown sum.

In the American Museum, preparation of the skin impressions was completed by preparator Otto Falkenbach;[8] subsequently, it was scientifically described by Osborn himself and the famous paleontologist Barnum Brown, and afterwards was put on display. In the exhibition, the mummy, protected by a glass showcase, is shown lying on its back as it was discovered; the museum decided to abstain from restoring missing parts. Today, the mummy is regarded one of the museum's most important fossils.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trachodon_mummy

Sounds like a real adventure. I only wonder, why they are showing such miserable photos.

This was a family business:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hazelius_Sternberg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Mortram_Sternberg He was Freemason and a member of Civil Service Lodge No. 148 in Ottawa.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_F._Sternberg
No wiki page on Levi Sternberg.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2017 20:54 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Norse Bear

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 20:59 #67

• Norse Bear
  • Fresh Member
Was Charles Sternberg Jewish?

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 21:05 #68

Ausrotten wrote:
The fossil was dug out of limestone along a Canadian river bank where it had been for 68 million years.
It had an exotic set of horns on its face, including stubby ones above the eyes, and spines along the edge of the bony frill at the back its skull.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11653072/Hellboy-dinosaur-found.html

That ''Fossil'' looks more like something which has been carved out of limestone more than anything else?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 21:28 #69

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Norse Bear wrote:

PFIZIPFEI wrote:

His father was Rev. Levi Sternberg, the mother Margaret Levering Miller

www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=76038244

No Jewish symbols, except the obelisk, thus most probably no religious Jews, but rather converts, cryptos?
Nothing Jewish on any of the family graves and not the hint of Jewish looks in any of the family members.

Sternberg = star mountain in German and yes I would say this is a typical Jewish name, but I would not exclude the famous exception to the rule.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2017 22:05 by PFIZIPFEI.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 21:31 #70

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Here is an explanation as to why that fossil looks like rock

science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/fossil2.htm
Most of the dinosaur skeletons you see in museums exist because of sedimentary rocks. These fossils got their start when a dinosaur died in an environment that had lots of moving sediment, like an ocean, riverbed or lake. One such place is the benthic zone -- the deepest part of a body of water. This sediment quickly buried the dinosaur, offering its body some protection it from decomposition. While the dinosaur's soft parts still eventually decomposed, its hard parts -- bones, teeth and claws -- remained.

But a buried bone isn't the same thing as a fossil -- to become a fossil, the bone has to become rock. The organic parts of the bone, like blood cells, collagen (a protein), and fat, eventually break down. But the inorganic parts of the bone, or the parts made from minerals like calcium, have more staying power. They remain after the organic materials have disappeared, creating a fragile, porous mineral in the shape of the original bone.

more explanation at link.

Truth is anti-semitic

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 21:40 #71

I know that, Voltaire. I was saying it has the appearance of being deliberately carved out, and not looking natural. At least to me anyhow.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 23:37 #72

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ausrotten wrote:
"Sue" is the nickname given to FMNH PR 2081, which is the largest, most extensive and best preserved Tyrannosaurus rex specimen ever found at over 90% recovered by bulk

After the bones were prepared, photographed and studied, they were sent to New Jersey where work began on making the mount. This work consists of bending steel to support each bone safely and to display the entire skeleton articulated as it was in life. The real skull was not incorporated into the mount as subsequent study would be difficult with the head 13 feet off the ground. Parts of the skull had been crushed and broken, and thus appeared distorted. The museum made a cast of the skull, and altered this cast to remove the distortions, thus approximating what the original undistorted skull may have looked like. The cast skull was also lighter, allowing it to be displayed on the mount without the use of a steel upright under the head. The original skull is exhibited in a case that can be opened to allow researchers access for study. When the whole skeleton was assembled it was forty two feet (twelve meters) long from nose to tail and twelve feet (four meters) tall at the hips.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_(dinosaur)

Just checking, what is the explanation for this one, within the dinosaurs are fake theory? That's a 90% recovered Trex skeleton, and most of the skull in one piece/two pieces including the jawbone.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 29 Mar 2017 00:17 by Frothy.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 28 Mar 2017 23:57 #73

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Zorro wrote:
Ausrotten wrote:
The fossil was dug out of limestone along a Canadian river bank where it had been for 68 million years.
It had an exotic set of horns on its face, including stubby ones above the eyes, and spines along the edge of the bony frill at the back its skull.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11653072/Hellboy-dinosaur-found.html

That ''Fossil'' looks more like something which has been carved out of limestone more than anything else?

The white parts (first horn, parts of the skull) are not natural, yet filled with plaster (gypsum).

The grey looks natural (clay minerals), but the white parts are definitely filled in.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2017 23:58 by Gaia.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 29 Mar 2017 00:00 #74

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Norse Bear wrote:

I think you'll find quite a lot of jewish scientists in any field.

Jack (Jacques, Jacob, Yakov) Horner also sounds jewish.

It may be clue, not a final dismissal.

Still my points stand:

True, but there are no other bipedal reptiles in the present biodiversity on Earth. Davy Icke may disagree though. :cool2:

The question is if T-Rex was a hunter. The point about the lack of quick turning skills may suggest he was much more a scavenger, eating the dead meat of the large herbivores around.

And a different build of animals doesn't really make them a hoax, does it? For that to be true all found fossils need to be either (1) faked or (2) from another animal or a combination of that (3).

1 - this assumption would require either a restriction of access to the faked fossils to only paleontologists who are "in the know", a NASA-type of control, that doesn't follow reality or all paleontologists are too stupid to recognise the difference between plaster/other material faked bones, eggs and tracks, also a long stretch of imagination and assumption
2 - which animals did those bones, eggs and tracks belong to, if it wasn't "dinosaurs"? What is the alternative taxonomy and evolution of these (big) beasts? How was the ecology of the Mesozoic; which animals ate the lush forests and which fed themselves on them?
3 - how to discriminate between "those fossils are fake" and "those fossils are not fake yet from another animal"?

Comparisons with the Nuclear Hoax, the Global Warming Scam and the Space Travel Hoax go wrong on several points:
- nukes are military; controlled top-down, strict policies against those who speak up, Nuclear Power Plants are also not accessible freely
- Global Warming is controlled by funding and the rigged system of "peer review", making sure dissenting views are controlled
- the Space Travel Hoax is easy to maintain as nobody can get up there to check for ourselves

The practicalities of hoaxing dinosaurs (and other animals too, or only dinosaurs?) are another argument against it. How much effort and cost is involved in faking a complete set of bones/skeleton inside (!) formations far away from civilisation? How do those machines go to those places in Inner Mongolia, Montana and Patagonia unnoticed? To later return to excavate the "faked" fossils?

And how is that done in a frequently visited quarry as the ENCI quarry in Maastricht?

www.andrerieu-movies.com/maastricht_mosasaurus.htm
www.cambridge.org/core/journals/netherlands-journal-of-geosciences/article/large-new-mosasaur-from-the-upper-cretaceous-of-the-netherlands/7AE5F4A5702AD644190524E737140885
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Last Edit: 29 Mar 2017 00:02 by Gaia.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 29 Mar 2017 00:13 #75

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
The remains were discovered by a local farm worker.

Last Edit: 29 Mar 2017 00:24 by Frothy.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 29 Mar 2017 00:52 #76

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 29 Mar 2017 12:55 #77

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Am Tendaguru : Leben und Wirken einer deutschen Forschungsexpedition zur Ausgrabung vorweltlicher Riesensaurier in Deutsch-Ostafrika
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tendaguru_Tendaguru3.jpg

Big humerus - Tendaguru Expedition commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tendaguru_Tendaguru3.jpg

Supervisor preparing big rib - Tendaguru Expedition commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tendaguru_Tendaguru1.jpg

Werner Janensch: Fotoabzug aus einem Album zur Tendaguru-Expedition. Das Foto trägt eine Bildunterschrift von Werner Janensch: "Ego beim Eintragen ins Fundbuch" commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Janensch.jpg - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Janensch

Stahleckeria potens was first collected by paleontologist Rudolf Stahlecker during an expedition led by paleontologist Friedrich von Huene in the late 1920s, in Paleontological Site Chiniquá, today located on geopark of paleorrota in Brazil. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_von_Huene

svpow.com/papers-by-sv-powsketeers/wedel-and-taylor-2013b-on-caudal-pneumaticity/

svpow.com/2009/09/16/not-a-brachiosaur-but-too-good-to-ignore/

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 29 Mar 2017 16:30 by PFIZIPFEI.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 29 Mar 2017 15:00 #78

• Flare
Ausrotten wrote:
The remains were discovered by a local farm worker.

A "dreadnoughtus" ? :chuckle:

Weighing heavier than a Boeing 737? Nah... too heavy for a land-creature.
Last Edit: 29 Mar 2017 15:04 by Flare.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 29 Mar 2017 15:02 #79

• Flare
Gaia wrote:

Yeah... to steal other people's work and walk away with it.

Are Dinosaurs A Hoax? 29 Mar 2017 16:59 #80

• bd
  • Silver Member
  • bikerdruid
Flare wrote:
Gaia wrote:

Yeah... to steal other people's work and walk away with it.

Man, you are a hater, eh?
So, from whom did Einstein steal 'relativity?'
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need."
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare