Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads and posts subject to the discretion of the moderators in this category.

Moderators: PFIZIPFEI

TOPIC: The Allegory of the Cave - Plato

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 20:23 #1

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960

Three minutes of philosphy to check where you are - inside or outside
of the induced mind prison.






This animated film is lacking the last important sequence when the released prisoner returns to the cave to free the others after he told them what life really is outside and they swear at him, call him a liar and hater and almost beat him to death.
In the end they are anxiously peeping out of the cave, are blinded by the sun light at first sight, turn around terrified and choose to stay inside and to get chained again.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2014 20:30 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Herakleitos

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 22:26 #2

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
Plato, the first an foremost philosopher of the Hierarchy, remember there were many schools of thought in Athens, but the Romans only chose to keep the writings of the aristocratic school and burnt and disposed of the rest that might challenge state control.

Look at how the story is constructed, the presumption the natural state for the human is in bondage and in fear, Oh I can ell hear his aristocratic tones telling this story,and only those with merit are capable of escape, and do not tell the others for they will turn on you, keep the secret hidden.

However in reality every step forward that has made a difference to humanity, has been done by somebody with low status which does not fit with what Plato tells us at all,and far from the people turning against them it is invariably those in control that attack the truth. But we are not supposed to criticise Plato his writings are old and rare and supposed to be treated with reverence. Sod the child fucker.



Original thread: The Allegory of the Cave - Plato
Plato really seems to be an object of hate to certain circles ...
for speaking out, for exposing their induced self-deceit, for holding up the mirror.
PFIZIPFEI


Edit II - 23 May 2017
Now that jonb is back, I thought it makes
sense to move these posts back from the
excerpt to the original thread
P

.
Last Edit: 23 May 2017 18:30 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Worzel

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 22:42 #3

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
jonb wrote:
Plato, the first an foremost philosopher of the Hierarchy, remember there were many schools of thought in Athens, but the Romans only chose to keep the writings of the aristocratic school and burnt and disposed of the rest that might challenge state control.

Look at how the story is constructed, the presumption the natural state for the human is in bondage and in fear, Oh I can ell hear his aristocratic tones telling this story,and only those with merit are capable of escape, and do not tell the others for they will turn on you, keep the secret hidden.

However in reality every step forward that has made a difference to humanity, has been done by somebody with low status which does not fit with what Plato tells us at all,and far from the people turning against them it is invariably those in control that attack the truth. But we are not supposed to criticise Plato his writings are old and rare and supposed to be treated with reverence. Sod the child fucker.




Every human with some common sense and a clear mind, even a child is able to right away understand the deeper sense of this brilliant allegory of one of the greatest philosophers, so what has he done to you that you urgently - almost obsessively - need to defame him so viciously, except speaking the plain truth?

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2014 22:44 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 22:58 #4

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
So you support the man who encouraged the rape of boys? Revelled in the Hierarchy, of gold silver and base metal humans, that a controlling structure is more important than the people init.There should be no creativity,but a blind following of tradition. That only the few are capable of thought.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 23:12 #5

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
jonb wrote:
So you support the man who encouraged the rape of boys? Revelled in the Hierarchy, of gold silver and base metal humans, that a controlling structure is more important than the people init.There should be no creativity,but a blind following of tradition. That only the few are capable of thought.



Rabulism at its best, deliberate distorted sense combined with straw man fallacy.

The allegory, as you very well know, means:

Every human being has the opportunity to use his/her free will to escape the prison of mind.

Those who deny their right to choose freedom, use their free will to stay imprisoned.





Your words strongly remind me of those of Sacks:

"Rabbi Dr. Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of United Kingdom, reminds us that Christendom’s reflexive preference for the universal over the particular is traceable to Plato’s postulate that the world of Forms is the realm of truth rather than the illusory and limited shadow-reality of the world of appearances. Following Plato, Western civilization remains prone to accept as a given that truth becomes purer, clearer, and more universal as we move up the ladder of abstraction. Subconsciously, we believe that the more general and comprehensive a statement is, the more likely it is to be true for all. Sacks calls us to reconsider and repudiate these assumptions, insisting that the God of the Hebrew Bible is not a Platonic Being, loving a generalized, abstract humanity. God is a particularist, loving particular people and people groups in a particular way."

"Things could hardly be otherwise, because, by its very nature, love makes choices of one as over against possible others. God is not, nor can he be, generally loving. No less than in human relationships, the Divine Being loves by choosing this beloved over other rivals for his affections."

www.messianicjudaism.me/agenda/2012/05/04/an-aside-how-do-you-like-them-jews-mr-plato/
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2014 23:15 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 23:22 #6

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
The superficial reading of the cave is about the nature of reality, but the way it is written is to convince, that people are happy with their bonds. The very existence of forums like this one is testament that is not true.
Scream all you like I am this or that, and Plato is above criticism, but look at what is written on your own avatar.
I piss on the child molester!
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Worzel

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 23:28 #7

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
jonb wrote:
The superficial reading of the cave is about the nature of reality, but the way it is written is to convince, that people are happy with their bonds. The very existence of forums like this one is testament that is not true.
Scream all you like I am this or that, and Plato is above criticism, but look at what is written on your own avatar.
I piss on the child molester!


This is about Plato's Cave Allegory and not about your hate of Plato.

It does NOT say "people are happy with their bonds".

According to (not only) my perception it says most people do not dare to escape their own mind prison and thus prefer to remain in their self induced misery.

If you want to start a Plato defaming and bashing thread, I surely won't stop you.

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2014 23:29 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 23:43 #8

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

According to (not only) my perception it says most people do not dare to escape their own mind prison and thus prefer to remain in their self induced misery.

.

Yes quite! and what happens to a person that tells the truth? It is an intonement to keep the secret among us few.Don't you see it? the child abuse, secret societies, the maxism of the Republic with its meritocracy, you are so quick to jump on Tavistock, but you deny its roots why?
Plato as not just a child abuser, but exulted in it, yet you support him, Why do you place him above criticism?
Why are you blind to the shadow he casts? Do you want to be in the place you are in?
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2014 23:47 by jonb. Reason: forgot to put quote in
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 06 Apr 2014 23:50 #9

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
jonb wrote:
Yes quite! and what happens to a person that tells the truth? It is an intonement to keep the secret among us few.Don't you see it? the child abuse, secret societies, the maxism of the Republic with its meritocracy, you are so quick to jump on Tavistock, but you deny its roots why?
Plato as not just a child abuser, but exulted in it, yet you support him, Why do you place him above criticism?
Why are you blind to the shadow he casts? Do you want to be in the place you are in?


There are quite a few threads on CONTEMPORARY paedophile criminals on this forum.
Please stop distracting and trying to involve me in your smear campaign.

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 07 Apr 2014 00:03 #10

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
And this is the thread About Plato's work and am I being told I should not mention his open activity as a paedophile,
Why?

.
Last Edit: 07 Apr 2014 00:04 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 07 Apr 2014 00:23 #11

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
PLATO
Homosexuality, is regarded as shameful by barbarians and by those who live under despotic governments just as philosophy is regarded as shameful by them, because it is apparently not in the interest of such rulers to have great ideas engendered in their subjects, or powerful friendships or passionate love-all of which homosexuality is particularly apt to produce."

This is a translation and what Plato is talking about is not man to man or beard on beard, which was wrong in his eyes and the law, but man on boy for the relief of the man and training of the boy.
What smear he said it himself!
I piss on Plato.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 07 Apr 2014 01:27 #12

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
If you want to look further, try Plato's 'symposium' the template if ever there as one for the meeting of the secret society of old men training boys.
There they talk about love and its many aspects, that women maybe capable of love and self sacrifice, but that sex for procreation is a lesser thing, the beauty of young boys, who are not yet men, but have the first showings of puberty. How it is good for boys to be taken under the wing of older lovers.These older men open the boys eyes to the love of true wisdom
Socrates did not corrupt the youth, but that the boys vied to be his lover when he presents himself, and that he does not just give himself to any child, even when they hide under his cloak which a boy does. and nobody bats an eyelid.
Then speeches on how wonderful it was to be his lover. And after all this admiration for their master he acts like it was any other day nothing special just what you would expect.
If you think I have smeared the book read it and tell me I am wrong, how and where.
Last Edit: 07 Apr 2014 01:28 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 07 Apr 2014 12:14 #13

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
:jakd:


Grandiose, but VERY off topic!
Let alone your Freudian psycho-anal-ysis .... if this is not to be meant as blatant ad-hominem
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 07 Apr 2014 12:16 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 07 Apr 2014 12:23 #14

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
:jakd:


Grandiose, but VERY off topic!
Let alone your Freudian psycho-anal-ysis .... if this is not to be meant as blatant ad-hominem

Not at all jacked, its spot on.
You PFIZIPFEI, are trapped in the world of shadows hooked to your bonds of hate, insisting that the creator of your bonds against all the evidence is a good man, come out the cave, feel the sunshine, most people are lovely.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 08 Apr 2014 08:27 #15

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
Here is the thread you did not start to discuss Plato pushing the peadophile agenda:


Historic Origins of Paedophilia

truth-zone.net/forum/history/63339-historic-origins-of-paedophilia.html



and this, from my pov, is a very sweet example of a modern day version of the "Cave Allegory":


Is There Life after Birth?


truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/61058-god.html?start=20#65850


:)
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 31 May 2014 23:12 #16

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
Some simple and thus divine answers:


Ah, I remember this from world history last year. Although we never went over it, we all had to interpret it and hand in an assigment. These are what I got.

The prisoners are people who are cloaked by a false reality. All they see are shadows. They can't see anything else, so that is the true reality to them.

The world outside is the area beyond their false reality. It basically represents the "truth" in a sense.

I struggled with analyzing the meaning of the light, but after I had given it a bit of thought, I had finally came to an answer. The light is the sense of reality. The fire is the sun to the prisoners. They know nothing else. Once one of them is taken out, the sun opens his eyes to the real world, and all its beauty.



Fire- Illusions that blind us.
Cave- The physical world
Prisoners- The people in this world
Voices- Deceptive politics we are led to believe
Shadows- Things we believe to be true
Light- The truth or "Good"
Chains-The things that keep us from the truth.


Source:
Mostly my brain... its filled with lots of neat stuff! :)


:)
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 16 Feb 2015 13:51 #17

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
I would guess that at least 80% of the world population are still imprisoned by induced- and following self-brainwashing.

What do you think?

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2015 14:07 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Asva

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 16 Feb 2015 20:36 #18

Yes, even many so called ''truthers'' are still firmly chained to the cave walls, and only see what's being fed to them via their favorite gurus or ''alternative'' news channels. .
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, PFIZIPFEI

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 19 Feb 2015 11:10 #19

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
It's uncanny and shocking how desperately the mentally imprisoned slaves are trying to hold on to their illusionary chains - even on this forum.

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

The Allegory of the Cave - Plato 20 Mar 2015 10:25 #20

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
What exactly are those imaginary, induced mind "chains" the slaves still cling to today?


1. "The State" and those who represent it mean well for the people, care for and protect them.


.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: PFIZIPFEI
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 270 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 100 - Raised
( £ 80 GBP )
donation thermometer
29%
Updated
31st May 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.