Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads and posts subject to the discretion of the moderators in this category.

Moderators: PFIZIPFEI

TOPIC: Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic?

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 02 May 2017 13:03 #21

  • X-MAN-J
  • X-MAN-J's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Likes received: 7
jonb wrote:
I can think of no evidence at all that would support those claims. It might be confusing if two wildly different theories continue on the same thread. It might be good if you X-MAN-J developed your argument in a thread on its own where it could be examined without any confusion, and you could clearly state your reasoning.

Well fine if that is what you think. I just answered your question. I don't know how you can dispute that any of those peoples existed. That is fact they did live and some still do so what exactly do you have a problem with seeing? The earth tilted, the Vatican was in full move and took over Hel and wiped the old history leaving tells in the way of Damsels in distress stories, Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel all real by the way! Depicting real events of Papal appointed mud blood criminals to King ship positions and these illigit kings came in and abducted, drugged and raped the royal women to keep them to make babies with them to make their illigit selves legit leading directly to these stories we tell our children as fairy tales and you don't believe it? You don't call that evidenc! Well, I guess that proves the Vatican did a thorough job huh? Good enough you just kick it out off hand rather than investigate the truth! Counter to the name of this forum don't you think? But suit yourself! I'm gone
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 02 May 2017 13:10 #22

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
What is so wrong with presenting your view in its own thread?
Last Edit: 02 May 2017 13:10 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 09:03 #23

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
ragnarok wrote:
Whoever the pre-Roman inhabitants of the British isles were, they obviously weren't equipped to defend them, as is evident from all the later invaders.that came here and diminished their influence. Back in the old days, might was right and you only owned something of great value if you could protect it.

Actually this not true of either the Celtic or Germanic tribes, both had in their laws a strong duty of care for the weak.
If these Teutons didn't come from the east or the darkie-filled south, where did they come from? You can try and differentiate all you want, but we're all cousins at some remove or other.*

* Luckily, there's no law saying you have to like your own family members, however near or distant they may be.

Why is it the modern 'left' constantly want to reject an examination of history as being unimportant, and are also dismissive of family?

Is it that their thinking now is so far removed from the experience of we ordinary folk, that even scratching the surface of their propaganda now with a comparison of even just forty years ago shows how removed they have become from the people.



Is it that the 'left' don't like history, as an examination of it, informs us of who we are, and exposes the liberal elite to be the pigs that took over the farm?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 09:25 #24

  • ragnarok
  • ragnarok's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7808
  • Likes received: 714
For around 300 yrs of their existence, my ancestors were stuck in the middle of 2 squabbling nations and obeying the laws of neither, so don't be having digs at my anti-establishment pedigree. I'm not dismissive of family at all. It's just that my ancestor's experiences have reinforced my belief that a family isn't limited to biological kin, and without those external bonds we'd all have been weaker, if we'd have survived at all.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 09:40 #25

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
ragnarok wrote:
For around 300 yrs of their existence, my ancestors were stuck in the middle of 2 squabbling nations and obeying the laws of neither, so don't be having digs at my anti-establishment pedigree. I'm not dismissive of family at all. It's just that my ancestor's experiences have reinforced my belief that a family isn't limited to biological kin, and without those external bonds we'd all have been weaker, if we'd have survived at all.

I only quoted you. And you are arguing against yourself

What does your anti-establishment pedigree matter, if you are saying pedigree does not matter?
I'm not dismissive of family at all.
Luckily, there's no law saying you have to like your own family members, however near or distant they may be.
Your own words.

You don't need me, have an argument with yourself and then tell us who won.
Last Edit: 03 May 2017 09:42 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lux Interior

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 09:47 #26

  • ragnarok
  • ragnarok's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7808
  • Likes received: 714
There's no contradiction. A rational person can accept that families are a positive thing on the whole, while you don't have to all get along 100% of the time for them to function.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 10:11 #27

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
A.
So is family important and not something which should be tritely dismissed?
B.
Does pedigree matter or not then?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 10:20 #28

  • ragnarok
  • ragnarok's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7808
  • Likes received: 714
A. I never claimed it to be unimportant, or tritely dismiss it, I just expressed my doubts it was the be all and end all of things, as some extremists would posit. Do you think those people don't exist and aren't in positions of influence.

B. To some specialised degree, like creating bigger cattle, or better warriors, but hybridisation still benefits society and the planet.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 10:37 #29

  • Gan Anim
  • Gan Anim's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
  • Posts: 2568
  • Likes received: 645
If one looks into the pedigree label you will often find many bad genes that emanate from controlled breeding programs such as the elite classes. Here we enter the classification of what's known as "Salt Water in the blood" where keeping things too closely related in the family breeds a lack of empathy and often juvenile rejection and why wet nurses or private nannies were extant, which was another trick and Eastern star attribute to help fine tune and control their own bloodlines.

You get a far better wide ranging life force if you mix the genes or as it's often termed Heinz 57.

This is what the elite are adapt at doing to us, but if we can organise ourselves properly the elite won't have things quite as easy as they are now doing.

It helps if we the masses can agree most of the time though.
Last Edit: 03 May 2017 10:40 by Gan Anim.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 10:47 #30

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
ragnarok wrote:
A. I never claimed it to be unimportant, or tritely dismiss it, I just expressed my doubts it was the be all and end all of things, as some extremists would posit. Do you think those people don't exist and aren't in positions of influence.

B. To some specialised degree, like creating bigger cattle, or better warriors, but hybridisation still benefits society and the planet.

A So we are getting the left wing 100% argument, There is no such thing as race as there is a little mixing at the edges, but Class exists even though many people move up and down the class structure.

B. so you reserve the right of special privilege not to be questioned because of your pedigree, but you will not admit others might have the right to refer to their inheritance.

I think we have the picture of your pedigree.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 11:02 #31

  • ragnarok
  • ragnarok's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7808
  • Likes received: 714
A. Class is another human construct, like racial difference, that can exist in the minds of others and be effected in society, but should be fought against by any right thinking person. Note I said "right," not "right wing."

B. What am I doing now if I "reserve the right of special privilege not to be questioned because of your pedigree"?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 11:12 #32

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
ragnarok wrote:
A. I never claimed it to be unimportant, or tritely dismiss it, I just expressed my doubts it was the be all and end all of things, as some extremists would posit. Do you think those people don't exist and aren't in positions of influence.

To be fair there is another way of analysing this statement, It is a justification for what has been said, by saying it has to be said because it is positing there might be extremists who may miss use the truth. In other words I can lie to you because of a possible situation. Gosh, isn't this the very justification the establishment use for fake news and false flags.

I leave it to readers to choose which is the better explanation for his words either or both.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 11:25 #33

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
ragnarok wrote:

B. What am I doing now if I "reserve the right of special privilege not to be questioned because of your pedigree"?

You are not acquiescing to my request, I am pointing out your statements and you are responding, you are not allowing me to talk about what you have said, you have no means of stopping it.

Oh how your words change with the wind you said-
so don't be having digs at my anti-establishment pedigree.

So realising you have no power you pretend that it was alright to examine your words all along. Effortless superiority would be the name of this strategy, and a strategy known to be used by a certain pedigree of person.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lux Interior

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 11:38 #34

  • ragnarok
  • ragnarok's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7808
  • Likes received: 714
You're waffling now, jon. Give your online psychoanalysis a rest and get back to explaining the importance of Teutonic influence in the British Isles.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 16:51 #35

  • GMP
  • GMP's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 3506
  • Likes received: 856
On this part of the East Coast we have many villages with toft and ness in their name, for example Huttoft and Skegness.
Toft and Ness are both Old Norse suffixes.
Back in the day, after the Roman Legions left this was the Kingdom of Lindsey under Anglo- Saxon kings.
That said not all the Romans left. Retired soldiers and those who had married local lasses tended to stay on.
The Vikings arrived in the 9th century, won a few skirmishes, settled down, intermarried and gave us the place names.
Last Edit: 03 May 2017 17:00 by GMP.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: entrangermercenary1

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 18:47 #36

  • ragnarok
  • ragnarok's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7808
  • Likes received: 714
Surnames(like my own) with sen, son/xon in them are also said to have viking roots.
Last Edit: 03 May 2017 18:48 by ragnarok.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: entrangermercenary1, GMP

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 03 May 2017 22:30 #37

  • Gan Anim
  • Gan Anim's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
  • Posts: 2568
  • Likes received: 645
In Upper Swaledale there was an old Norse settlement and the remains of them are still quite recognisable, one is a large man made Hill or Tor near Downhole village where they detoured a small stream and covered it by huge stone slaBS near the river Swale where they sailed all the way here.

Also the village

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thwaite,_North_Yorkshire
Last Edit: 03 May 2017 22:34 by Gan Anim.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 04 May 2017 11:04 #38

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
Yes the above posts are of things that would fit with the current academic telling of history, that the Teutonic folk invaded Britain post Roman colonisation.
However, this is based on a presumption there are pointers to people of German heritage being in England way before the Romans came to Britain.
First is Roman testimony itself that they say the tribes of England were Belgic, and the Romans also say the Belgic were a German group that had moved into Gaul.
Secondly are the place names of Eastern England, there are very very few with names that have Celtic roots. It is presumed that new people coming to an area give the places new names, and to an extent this is true, but old names by an earlier people that live in a place often also continue. That there are almost no Celtic names at all in south eastern England point to there never having been a Celtic population in this area.
Think of Australia being colonised by Europeans. The aboriginal population being hunter gatherers in semi arid deserts were always few in number in any given area. There was very limited interaction between aborigines and European colonisers, apart from conflict, until Aborigines started to be used as farm hands in the nineteenth century. However the amount of places in Australia that have Aboriginal place names depicts how once a place is named often a subsequent people continue using that old place name even when the original inhabitants have left. If we look at north America where the European settlers were often driven by a religious motivation to set up a place where they could worship without interference from the state so had a motivation to set up a town and take ownership by naming it themselves, we see how geographical features like rivers, and areas still carry native American names. So the lack of Celtic names in Eastern England is a very strong pointer to this area never being predominantly Celtic.

This is not to say people did not subsequently cross the north sea, or German sea as it was known until the first world war, but there is also a lot of evidence people were moving across this sea as long as it existed and this movement did not just start when the Romans left.
Last Edit: 04 May 2017 11:08 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 04 May 2017 11:21 #39

  • ragnarok
  • ragnarok's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7808
  • Likes received: 714
I've picked over it with a fine tooth comb and there's nothing disagreeable with that. My only point is that the settlers before the Romans, whoever they were, weren't advanced enough to lay a significant claim to the land they inhabited.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: GMP

Were the Ancient Brits of eastern England Teutonic? 04 May 2017 12:12 #40

  • Gan Anim
  • Gan Anim's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • In All Ears
  • Posts: 2568
  • Likes received: 645
jonb wrote:
Yes the above posts are of things that would fit with the current academic telling of history, that the Teutonic folk invaded Britain post Roman colonisation.
However, this is based on a presumption there are pointers to people of German heritage being in England way before the Romans came to Britain.
First is Roman testimony itself that they say the tribes of England were Belgic, and the Romans also say the Belgic were a German group that had moved into Gaul.
Secondly are the place names of Eastern England, there are very very few with names that have Celtic roots. It is presumed that new people coming to an area give the places new names, and to an extent this is true, but old names by an earlier people that live in a place often also continue. That there are almost no Celtic names at all in south eastern England point to there never having been a Celtic population in this area.
Think of Australia being colonised by Europeans. The aboriginal population being hunter gatherers in semi arid deserts were always few in number in any given area. There was very limited interaction between aborigines and European colonisers, apart from conflict, until Aborigines started to be used as farm hands in the nineteenth century. However the amount of places in Australia that have Aboriginal place names depicts how once a place is named often a subsequent people continue using that old place name even when the original inhabitants have left. If we look at north America where the European settlers were often driven by a religious motivation to set up a place where they could worship without interference from the state so had a motivation to set up a town and take ownership by naming it themselves, we see how geographical features like rivers, and areas still carry native American names. So the lack of Celtic names in Eastern England is a very strong pointer to this area never being predominantly Celtic.

This is not to say people did not subsequently cross the north sea, or German sea as it was known until the first world war, but there is also a lot of evidence people were moving across this sea as long as it existed and this movement did not just start when the Romans left.

This is correct

What of the people here in Britain before the ice age and where they retired to as the advancing ice gradually expanded, IE, as the weather waxed and wained during the summer melts as was seen in Greenland with the Norse.

However if you study the writings of the Dutch explorer Tasman who first discovered Tasmainia you can comfortably dismiss the age old myth of these people being hunter gatherers, they had already begun farming, having fish and other small farms growing food.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: PFIZIPFEI
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 279 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 309 - Raised
( £ 254 GBP )
donation thermometer
91%
Most Recent Donation $20 USD
25th April 2020

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.