Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads and posts subject to the discretion of the moderators in this category.

Moderators: PFIZIPFEI

Poll: What is Honour ?

I don't have a clue 1 16.7%
obsolete No votes 0%
an abstract concept irrelevant in real life No votes 0%
a hereditary trait 1 16.7%
a fundamental ' Aryan ' (noble) characteristic 1 16.7%
other - please explain 3 50%
Total number of voters: 6 ( novum, Return of Zorro, Lux Interior, jonb, GMP ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: What is Honour ?

What is Honour ? 30 Jul 2017 13:40 #1

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960

„Sieg oder Unsieg liegt in Gottes Hand. Der Ehre sind wir selber Herr und König“
– Schnitt von Georg Sluyterman von Langeweyde (1902–1978)


Before you decide what is true for you, you might want to read what others say:

- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour
- de.metapedia.org/wiki/Arisch
- en.metapedia.org/wiki/Aryans
- de.metapedia.org/wiki/Ehre
- de.metapedia.org/wiki/Unsere_Ehre_hei%C3%9Ft_Treue
- de.metapedia.org/wiki/Treue

Honourable members might want to expand on their choice in a decent sentence or more.

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2017 13:56 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 30 Jul 2017 14:29 #2

  • GMP
  • GMP's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 3506
  • Likes received: 856
"To honour an agreement."
"To honour someone's memory."
"To act honourably by doing that which is morally right."
Hope those help.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 30 Jul 2017 14:30 #3

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
I have put down a hereditary trait, but for me it is both genetically and spiritually passed on,
I could also say specific to Teutonic folk, but this is not to deny other people have codes of honour, but that the codes are different on different branches of the tree so to speak.

It is deep within my understanding of heathen culture, and if I were talking to heathens I might use the term

Hamingja



Varg touches on a difference to karma, that karma is a sort of judicial balance. A higher Hamingja might also bring you greater burdens to test you and help you move forward.

I see Hamingja as a component of my folk soul. My Hamingja is what has been passed on to me but also how I have affected it. I differ a bit from Varg as I do not see it as purely personal. My Hamingja also effects those around me and those I pass it to.
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2017 14:30 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

What is Honour ? 30 Jul 2017 14:44 #4

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
I started this thread because it's apparent to me, that many people who claim to be "Aryan", behave exactly the opposite.
They seem to not have a clue what Ehre, honour means, but on the contrary they rather expose clearly distinguishable,
typical and most base, brutish revenge fantasies, as we know them best from certain desert people.

What really worries me is that these destructive fantasies are NOT focused on the real enemy - where these induced
revenge fantasies most probably come from - but directed at what should be their most precious asset and also the weakest
link in the chain of the white race instead.

It's worrying me so much because it's a small step from acting out one's aggressive feelings online in words to deeds in real life.
The mindset is already well prepared to make this step, whenever the situation becomes less controlled for certain reasons, e. g.
in case of civil war.

Of course I don't expect everybody on this forum to be honourable and thus behave honourably, but those who claim to have fully
understood the concept of National Socialism and admire its spiritus rector but behave like guttersnipes in their comments cannot
be taken serious at all from my point of view. In fact they are acting like robots owned by the enemy, jumping on every bandwagon
that is sent their way from the desert, like remote controlled zombies, because the kosher carrot tastes so delicious to their untamed
egos. The first thing every honourable warrior had to learn was: let go of your ego!



"The term Aryan is originally a linguistic term and derives from the Indian Sanskrit (Ârya).
It means noble in the German language; however, other word meanings such as shining, radiating or being merciful are also proven."


"General characteristics of the Aryan are "noble life-style", which is characterized by "noble thoughts" (for example, poems) and "noble deeds" (eg idealistic selflessness, fleshless nutrition) and leads to the "consistent deification" (in the sense of a Germanic natural god and thus tribal leader, such as Woden ). The Aryan in the spiritual view can therefore be regarded as an "ideal image" for Nordic and also Germanic life. It is a fallacy that all the Aryans should be automatically blond and blue-eyed, since the essential features, which are partly recognizable in the external appearance, can also be propagated by inheritance through a dominant-recessive inheritance."

de.metapedia.org/wiki/Arisch by gogoltrans


This is what "honourable" basically means to me in the translated words of metapedia.

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2017 19:40 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

What is Honour ? 30 Jul 2017 14:51 #5

  • GMP
  • GMP's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 3506
  • Likes received: 856
You are quite right - in the adjectival sense - Pfizi.
As an adjective 'noble' is having honourable qualities.
Not as a noun though...
As nouns the difference between noble and honour is that a noble is an aristocrat; one of aristocratic blood while honour is (uncountable) the state of being morally upright, honest, etc.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

What is Honour ? 30 Jul 2017 16:23 #6

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
One may hear mentioned in many heathen communities the 'Nine noble virtues' being mentioned.
This is a modern construct to explain traditional ideas for a modern audience.
This is a good explanation from the Odinic rite, not a group I am part of but I have a good deal of respect for them.
Nine Noble Virtues Defined

Courage : Mastery of fear as a state of mind or spirit.

Discipline : Self-control, specific character, behaviour patterns, training that produces moral/mental improvement.

Fidelity : Loyalty, devotion, to self honesty, to your virtues, to be loyal to your values

Honour : Distinction, honour is self-esteem made visible in action, personal integrity, respect.

Hospitality: Courteousness, kindness.

Industriousness : Production, productive, anti-sloth.

Perseverance : Endure, to persist in a purpose, idea or task in the face of adversity and strife

Self Reliance: Independence, self sufficiency, faith in self.

Truth : Seek truth, personal honesty
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

What is Honour ? 31 Jul 2017 14:05 #7

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960

Honour : Distinction, honour is self-esteem made visible in action, personal integrity, respect
.

:up: Excellent definition !


Honour is also closely connected with Honesty and Courage:


HONESTY: The word of a Germanic Warrior, given in oath, contains the supreme truth. Once the word of a Warrior is given it will be kept at any cost, even one’s own life. An oath breaker has no friends.
However, in everyday life, some situations allow an oath to be broken. In the case of an oath demanded with cruel intentions or to bring harm to the one who gave his word, breaking the oath is allowed. However, if the man who gave his word insists in fulfilling the oath, it won’t be his honour to be affected, but the deceiver’s. Another frequent case of allowed breaking of an oath happens when the word was given to a foreign enemy or to a Warrior of an opposed clan. This is especially accepted when done through satire, cunning or, mainly, a heroic act.


COURAGE: It seems redundant to talk about Germanic Warrior courage, mainly in battle. However it’s important not to mistake it for self-denial or disdain to one’s own life. A Germanic Warrior values his own life and will not endanger himself for a cause that he knows to be lost. The unnecessary death is the death of a fool, but the death of a hero is the one that makes the difference. An important aspect of courage is determination – the powerful desire to see something happen, no matter what is in the way. Once a Germanic Warrior hero decides a course of action, nothing withholds him. To take a decision is to give his word to himself. A man without decision is not honest to himself and has no honour.



From The Germanic Code of Conduct


"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

What is Honour ? 31 Jul 2017 15:30 #8

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
A little proviso but I think an important one,
Sometimes it is worth fighting the fight you cannot win,
In my daily life this would be just to let the other side know I am not just to be walked over,
To the examples in history where the sacrifice itself can be a rallying point

Kolberg
Alamo
etc

It is common in the military that great regiments celebrate battles lost often more than those won, anybody can be lucky, but still doing the right thing when all is against you and all seems lost takes a whole other level of hero.

As with all these things choosing your ground is important.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

What is Honour ? 01 Aug 2017 21:52 #9

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
One thing has already become crystal clear:



The subject "Honour" is of little value and almost no interest on this forum.




"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

What is Honour ? 01 Aug 2017 22:47 #10

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
I think we are in a time of awakening, how could people that have not experienced choice, quickly understand the concept of ethical choice?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 02 Aug 2017 06:13 #11

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 14009
  • Likes received: 5495
Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 02 Aug 2017 12:57 #12

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Not more than 140 characters :up:

Would have been asked too much to accompany this image quote by a few decent words of your own,
speaking about honour, self-esteem and respect ...


More bible quotes about "Honour" :right: biblehub.net/search.php?q=honour




Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]



So you can't vote because "Before Honour is Humility" or "Humility is above Honour" is no option in the poll, Flare?

I would gladly add it for you, but I can't edit the poll any longer.

Please let us know how this option for you should be phrased exactly and I am quite sure novum will add it to the poll.



"These writers were obviously counting on the proverbial humility of a certain section of
our people, who believe that a person who is incomprehensible must be profoundly wise."

~ AH, MK

rodin wrote:
(...)
truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/66370-the-case-against-noahide-law.html
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 02 Aug 2017 13:25 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

What is Honour ? 02 Aug 2017 16:23 #13

  • jonb
  • jonb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 1730
  • Likes received: 1951
Humility is not a concept I am happy with, sure being a bragart is not desirable, but niether in my mind is pretending to be less than you are so as not to offend.
I think the person has to asses who they feel themselves to be, and also react to the people around them endeavouring to give as true account of themselves as can be managed.
As a heathen the Havamal gives a lot of information on traditional thinking on how to act in company.

Humble I don't think is the way. There is a good story About Rollo Strider first duke of Normandy.
After so much war the French and the Normans, tried to bring an end to it and the two sides looked to see if they could come to some accommodation. The King of France offered Rollo the right to the title of Duke and promised that Normandy would be his land henceforth and the king would no longer attack it if Rollo swore loyalty to the king.
Rollo was made Duke, but was then told as part of the proceedings he had to kiss the kings foot.
A strong part of a lot of Viking Culture which the Normans stemmed from was that a man does not dip his head to anyone not even the gods.
'We walk with our gods not under them.'
The French said without the kiss there would be no agreement and the war would continue.
Rollo a big man, stepped forward, grabbed the kings ankle, pulled him from his thrown, held the king upside down by the ankle. Rollo standing upright kissed the kings foot, and then dropped the king on the floor.
Last Edit: 02 Aug 2017 16:25 by jonb.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

What is Honour ? 04 Aug 2017 19:09 #14

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
How can one associate "humility" with honour?
Especially faced with genocide?
That's clearly SJW desert mentality induced suicidal thinking.


From my point of view you can't have honour without


"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2017 19:10 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

What is Honour ? 04 Aug 2017 19:56 #15

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 14009
  • Likes received: 5495
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
How can one associate "humility" with honour?
Especially faced with genocide?
That's clearly SJW desert mentality induced suicidal thinking.


From my point of view you can't have honour without



Well, I guess you don't really understand what National Socialism is about then.

@ 03:20 :arowdn:

Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 04 Aug 2017 20:06 #16

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
Flare wrote:
Well, I guess you don't really understand what National Socialism is about then.

@ 03:20 :arowdn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ToJFB4WJ48


This video is not available in occupied Germany and if you are unable to express your thoughts
except by posting a video, then you can't expect me to take you serious regarding whatever you say.

Humility is a desert mentality induced suicidal concept in this situation and it is diametrically opposed to National Socialism.


"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 04 Aug 2017 20:09 #17

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 14009
  • Likes received: 5495
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Flare wrote:
Well, I guess you don't really understand what National Socialism is about then.

@ 03:20 :arowdn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ToJFB4WJ48


This video is not available in occupied Germany and if you are unable to express your thoughts
except by posting a video, then you can't expect me to take you serious regarding whatever you say.

Humility is a desert mentality induced suicidal concept in this situation and it is diametrically opposed to National Socialism.



Use your youtube unblocker then and you'll see.

Humility is part of National Socialism.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 04 Aug 2017 20:14 #18

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
Flare wrote:
Use your youtube unblocker then and you'll see.

Humility is part of National Socialism.


If Flare says so it must be true.

Did you understand what I said, Flare?

Are you even able to read my words?

I doubt it. Blinded by your ego generated emotions as usual.


"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2017 20:16 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 04 Aug 2017 20:28 #19

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 14009
  • Likes received: 5495
It wasn't me who said that, but The Impartial Truth.

People who don't know humility are jewified.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not to his own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

What is Honour ? 04 Aug 2017 20:41 #20

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
Flare wrote:
It wasn't me who said that, but The Impartial Truth.

People who don't know humility are jewified.


What did "The Impartial Truth" say?


.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: PFIZIPFEI
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 270 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 100 - Raised
( £ 80 GBP )
donation thermometer
29%
Updated
31st May 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.