Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 04 Dec 2013 20:20 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
There are now more captive lions in South Africa than wild ones, and many of these animals are reared specifically to be shot and owned by wealthy tourists from Europe and North America. Patrick Barkham visits a lion-breeding farm in North Eastern Free State, South Africa, to investigate the relationship between the rearing of lions in captivity and the so-called 'canned hunting' industry

• Warning: Contains graphic images

www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2013/jun/03/lions-canned-hunting-south-africa-video
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 04 Dec 2013 20:27 #2

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
What The Safari Hunting Industry Doesn’t Want You To Know About Killing Lions

At the convention, safari hunting booths were covered in pictures of kills.

This past May I attended the National Rifle Association convention in Houston, Texas. To be honest, nothing really surprised or shocked me at the convention, except one thing: There was an entire aisle dedicated to exotic animal hunting excursions.
Up until then, I had no idea you could legally hunt lions, zebras, elephants, leopards, etc.

www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/why-safari-hunting-doesnt-work

Sick! :(

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 04 Dec 2013 21:04 #3

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Big game backlash: Protests against celebrity hunter Melissa Bachman mount

More than 250,000 people have signed an online petition demanding that South Africa deny future entry to Melissa Bachman, a big game hunter whose smiling photo with a dead lion has sparked considerable outrage.

The petition, launched by Cape Town resident Elan Burman, includes a letter addressed to Director General Mkuseli Apleni and other South African officials.

"She is an absolute contradiction to the culture of conservation this country prides itself on," Burman wrote. "Her latest Facebook post features her with a lion she has just executed and murdered in our country. As taxpayers we demand she no longer be granted access to this country and its natural resources."

According to Change.org, Burman's petition has 257,753 supporters. A Facebook group called "Stop Melissa Bachman" has more than 148,000 "likes."

news.yahoo.com/melissa-bachman-big-game-protest-161458798.html

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 05 Dec 2013 01:41 #4

• Straight Shooter
simple case of some humans behaving badly...

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 05 Dec 2013 08:28 #5

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Its interesting to see how differently certain people think about hunting animals.

These mother fuckers in that picture collection are hunting for trophies, hunting only because they can afford it and its cool and what not. That does not make any sense. Rich idiots shoot animals and stuff them for their rich friends to see. And those idiots use rifles to do this... If they would use spears and bows, there would be some more sense in it, but no, take the most technologically advanced weapons and shoot them from safety of distance. These fukwits are insane.

Same goes on with sport fishing, catch the fish, let it go wounded, catch another one. No sense what so ever.

I'm from a country in which MANY people go hunting and fishing, they also take the heads or horns as trophies, BUT Finns hunt for fucking food!! Nothing goes to waste, be it birds, moose or bear, these folks cook their catch, some even make a licing out of it by selling some of what they hunt. That makes sense, hunters here kill animals for fucking food like it should be. And it's tightly regulated so people don't kill too many animals, there's law to make sure all animals will thrive, none will be hunted on a verge of extinction. And those species which have been hunted in past but are too few today, are completely out of the menu, unless their numbers rise on a level on which hunting does not endanger them.

To come from a rural country in which hunting FOR FOOD is an ages old tradition and where some sense is used on what to hunt, and when. Comparing this to the senseless trophy hunting, well, it just makes me feel like the plot is not totally lost, not in my country.

These rich excuses for a human should find better pastime for themselves, something that does not include killing animals for fun. Sick fucks.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: ..........

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 05 Dec 2013 08:37 #6

• Black Cloud
lets start hunting celebrities and politicians and lame arse conspiratard guru shit ,

Lion's, Tigers and Bears Oh my ......Lion's, Tigers and Bears Oh my .......Lion's, Tigers and Bears Oh my ....Lion's, Tigers and Bears Oh my ........Lion's, Tigers and Bears Oh my

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 05 Dec 2013 08:40 #7

• Black Cloud
Zimbabwe Elephants Cyanide Poisoning ‘Massacre’ Kills More Than 300 In Hwange National Park

www.ibtimes.com/zimbabwe-elephants-cyanide-poisoning-massacre-kills-more-300-hwange-national-park-photos-1434462

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 05 Dec 2013 17:30 #8

• Straight Shooter
Hexhammer wrote:
Its interesting to see how differently certain people think about hunting animals.

These mother fuckers in that picture collection are hunting for trophies, hunting only because they can afford it and its cool and what not. That does not make any sense. Rich idiots shoot animals and stuff them for their rich friends to see. And those idiots use rifles to do this... If they would use spears and bows, there would be some more sense in it, but no, take the most technologically advanced weapons and shoot them from safety of distance. These fukwits are insane.

Same goes on with sport fishing, catch the fish, let it go wounded, catch another one. No sense what so ever.

I'm from a country in which MANY people go hunting and fishing, they also take the heads or horns as trophies, BUT Finns hunt for fucking food!! Nothing goes to waste, be it birds, moose or bear, these folks cook their catch, some even make a licing out of it by selling some of what they hunt. That makes sense, hunters here kill animals for fucking food like it should be. And it's tightly regulated so people don't kill too many animals, there's law to make sure all animals will thrive, none will be hunted on a verge of extinction. And those species which have been hunted in past but are too few today, are completely out of the menu, unless their numbers rise on a level on which hunting does not endanger them.

To come from a rural country in which hunting FOR FOOD is an ages old tradition and where some sense is used on what to hunt, and when. Comparing this to the senseless trophy hunting, well, it just makes me feel like the plot is not totally lost, not in my country.

These rich excuses for a human should find better pastime for themselves, something that does not include killing animals for fun. Sick fucks.

Well said Hex, I agree 100%

Anyone taking money for this should be put in jail...
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Lions bred to be shot in South Africa's 'canned hunting' industry - video 05 Dec 2013 19:08 #9

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Thanks.

I really think that solely recreational hunting is sick shit.... There should be other matters, such as food etc, involved, otherwise, its just killing for fun which I don't accept.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare