Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: More Oxygen - A Bad Idea?

More Oxygen - A Bad Idea? 13 Feb 2014 14:57 #1

• OldGuy43
  • Fresh Member
Tampering with the ecology of a planet is something to be approached with great trepidation and a very versatile computer.
~from the novel Glory Road by Robert Heinlein

At first glance having more oxygen to breath sounds like a good idea however history, tells us that may have unintended consequences.

Today our atmosphere is approximately 20% oxygen, but during the Late Carboniferous to the Late Permian periods of the Paleozoic era the oxygen levels were much higher, 30-35%. Because of the way insects breath this produced the largest insects ever, the largest being a dragonfly-like one with a wingspan of up to three feet.

Now do your own extrapolation. Mosquitoes, ticks and cockroaches come immediately to mind. :coffee:
Getting "the last word" is not the same thing as winning the argument. It may just mean that the other fellow has decided that your ignorance is to entrenched for you to learn.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

More Oxygen - A Bad Idea? 13 Feb 2014 16:17 #2

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
  • Currently researching things they don't want you to know
I also cannot remember where I read this, but I remember reading that apparently the earths atmosphere used to have 30% oxygen, 2% CO2 and atmospheric pressure at ground level used to be 2x what it is now. The funny thing is that when divers are subject to this type of atmosphere in hyperbaric chambers it induces rapid healing.

Lots of things out there we really need to look into.. oh and Oxygen generally kills pathogens, so if you cut yourself get some food grad Hydrogen Peroxide (3% to 5%) and spray it on the wounds. Lots out there for you to research. So higher oxygen content means less disease to.

More Oxygen - A Bad Idea? 13 Feb 2014 17:26 #3

• OldGuy43
  • Fresh Member
Another problem that I thought of after my original post; Oxygen is one of the two things necessary to form iron oxide, commonly know as rust. (The second being water.) Bridges and such are rusting away much to quickly as it is. :umm:
Getting "the last word" is not the same thing as winning the argument. It may just mean that the other fellow has decided that your ignorance is to entrenched for you to learn.

More Oxygen - A Bad Idea? 13 Feb 2014 18:31 #4

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
  • Currently researching things they don't want you to know
Better protective coatings, different materials to metal been used, all sorts of work arounds on that or just all round better maintenance been carried out I suppose.

Maybe thats why stone and wood was used more in ancient history and many lost technologies that you hear titbits about, like pyramid power, sonic resonances for building etc were used back then. Loads of different stuff.

Things are supposed to "live" longer in a high oxygen atmosphere, so maybe thats how we get the legends of kings og babylon and people in the bible living 100's of years, then a mass devastation and the lifespans of people diminishing.

Just throwing some ideas out there by the way, no idea if any of it makes sense, but certainly worthy of a look see.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare