Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fracking - Big Trouble

Fracking - Big Trouble 18 Jul 2014 16:58 #1

• Lizzy
  • Gold Member
I've been following fracking for a couple years - when we think of 'collapse' - it's you have no future - no clean water .
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Frog, Avacyn, Roastie

Fracking - Big Trouble 12 Jul 2018 21:13 #2

• Roastie
  • Silver Member
Some fracking satire

“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie." Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Fracking - Big Trouble 12 Jul 2018 22:50 #3

• Exorcist
The Fracking Vid is quite funny but many of the other YT JuiceMedia Channel Vids are crap eg giving support to LGBT marriage.
Name change required.........to JewceMedia.
NUKES ARE A HOAX
TRUTH IS HATE FOR THOSE THAT HATE THE TRUTH
Meet the New Boss.....Same as the Old Boss

http://www.stopthecrime.net/Henry-Makow---Illuminati----(2008).PDF
(((ROCCO))) is a Sayanim Troll
(((HotRod))) is a (((ROCCO))) sock account
MrAnderson is a Bollock….lmao
Last Edit: 12 Jul 2018 22:53 by Exorcist.

Fracking - Big Trouble 13 Jul 2018 13:32 #4

• Roastie
  • Silver Member
Exorcist wrote:
The Fracking Vid is quite funny but many of the other YT JuiceMedia Channel Vids are crap eg giving support to LGBT marriage.
Name change required.........to JewceMedia.

Thanks for the "heads up".
“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie." Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Fracking - Big Trouble 20 Oct 2018 22:46 #5

• Roastie
  • Silver Member
A piece a good news this week. First protesters to see jail since 1932 have their sentence quashed.

‘Fracking Three’ freed as court of appeal declare original ruling 'manifestly excessive'

"Three anti-fracking activists who were jailed for blocking access to Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road site in Lancashire have been freed by the court appeal, after declaring their original sentences “manifestly excessive.”

Court of Appeal judge Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett concluded on Wednesday that soil scientist Simon Blevins, 26, from Sheffield, teacher Richard Roberts, 36 of London, and piano restorer Rich Loizou, 32, from Devon, should have their prison terms quashed and instead be given conditional discharges.

The original sentence given by Judge Altham prompted widespread outrage amongst environmentalists. It was later discovered that Judge Altham had family links to oil and gas companies.

Judge Altham’s family business, ‘J.C. Altham and Sons,’ supplies the Irish Sea gas and oil industry, the Mirror reported. The company is thought to be part of the supply chain for Centrica, a UK-based multinational that has invested tens of millions of pounds in fracking".

www.rt.com/uk/441524-fracking-protesters-free-cuadrilla/

So here we see corruption of Judge Altham, no doubt a Mason, in full public view. He jailed peaceful protesters for 16 months, in the interest of fracking Corporations. He's the one who should be in jail.
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2018 23:02 by Roastie.

Fracking - Big Trouble 20 Oct 2018 23:11 #6

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
So what's your alternative for fracking?
You can't fix stupid

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 00:47 #7

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
I would like to know where those $1 a barrel fields are lol
I do think your friend is exaggerating a little bit. But 90 days seems about right, depending on dept and formation. I work in the oil patch for 30+ years now and I have no idea what's going on. $150 oil in 2008, $130 in 2013. $30 in 2016. And now it's around $80 which is not enough to break even for Deep Sea Exploration Drilling and new fields are needed desperately. US shale oil is heavily subsidized and is seriously hurting the industry worldwide. The US is now the largest exporter, and still they're pushing oil prices down. Makes no sense to me. Unless it's about economical warfare against Russia, Venezuela, Iran, The Gulf States?
All I know is it takes a couple of years to take a new field in production. No new fields have been discovered for the last 4 years since the oil prices crashed. If we don't get financing to start exploring new offshore oil fields right now there will be oil shortages starting 2020
And no matter how you feel about oil. If we run outta oil now, shtf and infrastructure will collapse. Imagine Venezuela 1000x
You can't fix stupid
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2018 00:48 by Rocco.
User(s) who Liked this post: Gaia

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 05:06 #8

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Rocco wrote:
I would like to know where those $1 a barrel fields are lol
I do think your friend is exaggerating a little bit. But 90 days seems about right, depending on dept and formation. I work in the oil patch for 30+ years now and I have no idea what's going on. $150 oil in 2008, $130 in 2013. $30 in 2016. And now it's around $80 which is not enough to break even for Deep Sea Exploration Drilling and new fields are needed desperately. US shale oil is heavily subsidized and is seriously hurting the industry worldwide. The US is now the largest exporter, and still they're pushing oil prices down. Makes no sense to me. Unless it's about economical warfare against Russia, Venezuela, Iran, The Gulf States?
All I know is it takes a couple of years to take a new field in production. No new fields have been discovered for the last 4 years since the oil prices crashed. If we don't get financing to start exploring new offshore oil fields right now there will be oil shortages starting 2020
And no matter how you feel about oil. If we run outta oil now, shtf and infrastructure will collapse. Imagine Venezuela 1000x

The oil price is a complete joke.

It has nothing to do with "supply and demand", as you point out.
The price for a barrel (159 liters) of oil is ridiculously cheap anyway. Oil is 10 times (!) the price of something as easy to make as beer. That makes no sense whatsoever, economically speaking.

The Brazilian pre-salt still has a lot of potential as do the under or even unexplored basins on the opposite side of the South Atlantic. When you say "no new fields have been discovered", you mean new huge fields. Smaller fields of course are discovered.

The fracking scare is largely pushed by the misleading docu Gasland, with some real effects as Lizzy has shown in a huge -human induced- landslide in another topic. But generally speaking, fracking is done for decades already, not just for shale gas and oil, also for conventionals they use the method when needed.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 09:12 #9

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Exploring new fields is a very expensive enterprise. My old rig had a $500K dayrate, plus 4 supply boats, materials, supplies, personnel costs (160 p.o.b. 160 at home, personnel on boats, helicopters, offices, say 400 personnel). So lets make it 1 million USD a day. Our last contract in the M.E. was for 3 Wildcats and another 5 years extension when successful. So we had 3 dusters. 3x90 days+30 days for the rig move. That's $300.000.000 down the toilet. And our contract got terminated and the rig cold stacked
The only reason financiers want to get into Deep Sea Oil Exploration is because profits are huge. When oil prices are under $100 there's no financing
Oil prices have been way under $100 for 4 years now. No huge new fields have been discovered for 4 years. Oil demand keeps rising, mostly for plastics in India and China. Only India and China profit from low oil prices. Until supply runs dry...
You can't fix stupid

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 12:01 #10

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
exilium wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Exploring new fields is a very expensive enterprise. My old rig had a $500K dayrate, plus 4 supply boats, materials, supplies, personnel costs (160 p.o.b. 160 at home, personnel on boats, helicopters, offices, say 400 personnel). So lets make it 1 million USD a day. Our last contract in the M.E. was for 3 Wildcats and another 5 years extension when successful. So we had 3 dusters. 3x90 days+30 days for the rig move. That's $300.000.000 down the toilet. And our contract got terminated and the rig cold stacked
The only reason financiers want to get into Deep Sea Oil Exploration is because profits are huge. When oil prices are under $100 there's no financing
Oil prices have been way under $100 for 4 years now. No huge new fields have been discovered for 4 years. Oil demand keeps rising, mostly for plastics in India and China. Only India and China profit from low oil prices. Until supply runs dry...

During the medieval warming period which lasted some 450 years most of the finest weather was with us every summer, most of the finest cathedrals were built without steel, roads were built where there were only mud tracks before, armies conquored Europe, and not one drop of oil was extant, today we could not repeat those task without oil being the standard fuel, what does this tell us Roc, what were we doing right back then with only a million people alive to what we have today??
That's all very nice. But if the oil supply got shutdown today entire infrastructures will collapse. No more gas, No more electricity, no running water, no transport, no groceries, no emergency services....
90% of the population in urban areas will die in the 1st week

Come to think of it, most Liberals live in the cities :ponda:
You can't fix stupid

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 15:36 #11

• Roastie
  • Silver Member
Rocco wrote:
So what's your alternative for fracking?

One alternative (not for putting petrol in tanks) is solar energy.

Obviously, not all regions in the world have the benefits of hours sunshine..

US solar power smashes records in 2016

www.climatechangenews.com/2016/12/13/us-solar-power-smashes-records-in-2016/

The city of Seville in Spain takes most of its energy needs from solar power.

Last Edit: 21 Oct 2018 15:41 by Roastie.

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 16:13 #12

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Roastyie, you do realize oil is not just energy? Everything around you is literally made from oil. Your house, your furniture, your car, your medication, makeup, etc.
You can't fix stupid

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 16:48 #13

• Roastie
  • Silver Member
Rocco wrote:
Roastyie, you do realize oil is not just energy? Everything around you is literally made from oil. Your house, your furniture, your car, your medication, makeup, etc.

It doesn't have to be that way.

Remember Henry Ford?

Cool hemp bed.

Last Edit: 21 Oct 2018 21:19 by Roastie.

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 17:05 #14

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
The petrochemical is a bit bigger than some cute hemp beds....

Everything from coatings, paints, medicine, glues, and a lot more basic components of other structures are made from oil.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
User(s) who Liked this post: Rocco

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 17:10 #15

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
Roastie wrote:
Rocco wrote:

It doesn't has to be that way.
It will be a huge project to change all production to start using hemp, and is it really practical? Is it economically viable?
Is your opinion based on facts and figures, or on feels and emotions?
What's wrong with oil anyway?
You can't fix stupid

Fracking - Big Trouble 21 Oct 2018 21:08 #16

• Roastie
  • Silver Member
Gaia wrote:
The petrochemical is a bit bigger than some cute hemp beds....

Everything from coatings, paints, medicine, glues, and a lot more basic components of other structures are made from oil.

I'm not suggesting the world can survive without oil.

Just coming up with some alternatives to stem the increasing demand for it.